Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Ocean's 9-1-1

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Damn, I was enjoying that right up until Bobby was suspended. It was so much fun although I figured out that the mechanic was involved early on. I liked how they got the whole cast into the bank theft plot either as a suspect or bemused witness. Buck was the best with his "can you start over, I am confused." Bwah. I am confident somehow it will turn out that Bobby was not responsible for his family's death. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20

This episode felt like filler, but, Athena's laugh when the cops suggested that Bobby and Michael were the masterminds behind the heist was awesome, as was Buck's "I'm confused? Can we start over?"

I always wondered when Bobby's backstory would circle back around.

• Love 19

Good on ya, Simone. I had no idea who it was. Long con, tho. Wasn't the ladder repair at least one episode ago? Seems like there should have been an easier way for bank dude to get the diamonds out but I can't think of any right now. Empty gap in his shoe heels? I dunno --- I'm like Buck. Lousy criminal brain.

Edited by rhys
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

I enjoyed the hell out of this episode. It was fast-paced, intense and hilarious. All the one liners were great. I did question why they didn't have to strip to go through the contamination shower (learned that from Bones a long time ago), but I'm not going to get on them for that.

Buck and Athena's reactions will keep me going for a long time.

I think Bobby's backstory needed to be revisited, but I wonder what it will do to his relationship with Athena. If it's angst, I'm here for it. I can't have her hating him though. That will kill me for real.

• Love 14

Fun episode. A little experimental.  I missed them going on calls but this was a nice veer off. The episode title was clever as was the 'retelling' of what actually happened.  Nice call back to Oceans 11

I knew the mechanic had to be involved somehow.  His scene was just so random seeming.  Checkov's mechanic!.

10 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I liked how they got the whole cast into the bank theft plot either as a suspect or bemused witness. Buck was the best with his "can you start over, I am confused."

I agree, great use of the cast.  I love how everybody was just so damned bewildered -- as shown by the judicious use of 'Seriously?' every time the police confronted them with a theory. but Buck was the best.  'Crime is hard!' 

Also Athena seemed to be having a blast.  Nobody fucks with Athena, her house was pristine after the warrant search because the police were afraid of her LOL.  Meanwhile poor Buck and Maddy had their stuff thrown on the lawn.

• LOL 10
  • Love 12

This episode was pretty good, although if they had managed to capture the quick cut/fast pace of heist movies it would have been a bit better.

Athena's reaction was hilarious.  I was expecting it but suspecting it was coming took nothing away from the delight of seeing it.

Ugh.  It's too soon after Chimney Begins to have a Bobby Begins episode.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Also Athena seemed to be having a blast.  Nobody fucks with Athena, her house was pristine after the warrant search because the police were afraid of her LOL.  Meanwhile poor Buck and Maddy had their stuff thrown on the lawn.

It was hilarious that the police were so careful searching Athena's house. She was so calm, but they knew better than throw her things all over like they did to everyone else.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, DearEvette said:

2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

It was hilarious that the police were so careful searching Athena's house. She was so calm, but they knew better than throw her things all over like they did to everyone else.

You know it. The cop even apologized when Athena opened the door. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Great episode. I figured the ladder guy was probably involved when they had his mid-episode scene. 

I'm sure they're not going to lock Bobby away, or they won't have a show, so there must be more to his story. And I guess Athena doesn't know what he feels his role was, or she wouldn't have asked for an explanation. 

• Love 5

I didn't care for it. I thought the parts where they broke the fourth wall during the re-enactments were cheesy as hell. I also knew from the jump that the bank manager was behind it as soon as they showed he was bitter about not getting some kind of promotion and that he was retiring. Saw that coming a mile away. I'd also like to know what kind of idiot thinks he can swallow dozens of diamonds that huge and just pass them without any trouble. Ouch.

Also, Chicago Fire does this a lot - whenever the police storm in and start accusing the fire fighters of some kind of crime it just makes them all look like incompetent assholes. I know it's done for dramatic effect but police don't exactly have the best reputation as it is. Shows like this just make it worse by portraying them as idiots who always go for the obviously innocent suspects. The way they were all being grilled about their personal lives and potential motives was really cartoonish. 

• Love 4

I thought this was just stupid filler, but I did feel sorry for that poor guard who got killed.

It looks like shit's about to get real next week but I have a sinking feeling they're going to rehabilitate Bobby's image so that it turns out he wasn't responsible for those deaths, and that will piss me off.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 4

I didn't much care for this episode. I watch plenty of others that stick to one main story, and really didn't like the interrogations. I like it better when there are multiple calls and general craziness.

That being said, it was well crafted, and had I been in the mood for it, I probably would have liked it.

I clocked the hand sanitizer right away, but double guessed myself when they said nerve agent. 

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 4

I called the hand sanitizer from the start, maybe because Bull had a case where the guy was killed by poisoned sanitizer.  I knew it was the bank manager as soon as they said he got up and walked away.  I did think the female bank employee was involved because she was acting weird in the hospital scene

• Love 10

I knew the bank manager (it's always good to see Christian Clemenson) was involved, but didn't guess the rest.  I thought maybe the woman bank employee was involved, but couldn't figure out how she could have done it since she was taken to the hospital, other than stealing the diamonds earlier and staging the money robbery (with the help of the manager) in order to cover up the earlier diamond heist.  It was a fun filler episode (I love a good caper), which was probably good since next week's looks to be a serious one.  

• Love 8

I thought the writers wanted us to think the bank manager was in on it, it was so telegraphed. The suspicious use of hand sanitizer, his nervousness, his bitterness at not receiving the award. I was expecting the surprise to be that the female employee, not him, was in on the heist.

Cute episode. FBI found all those great clues and stitched it all together incorrectly.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

Buck's "I'm confused? Can we start over?"

21 hours ago, rhys said:

I'm like Buck. Lousy criminal brain.

I thought Buck had the best lines!  He's growing on me.

While I do agree the episode was a filler and predictable, I thought it was fun. It very much had an Ocean's 11 vibe.

Now I'm probably the only one, but whenever we see Eddy's Ex/current girlfriend all I think is Eddy was soo much more interesting as a single dad then whatever he + ex are now. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I loved this episode, it was cracking me up the whole time, and I only partially guessed what was going on. I figured it was the bank manager (especially when he sounded all salty about not winning a company award), but I suspected that the female bank worker who took his job when he retired was going to be either in on it, or she just figured it out later, killed him, took the diamonds and made a break for it. 

Athena's reactions were my favorite, especially when the cops asked if her ex and her fiance might be robbing a bank together. She just straight up cackled with laughter, it was great. My second favorite was Buck, he has a lot of great lines. "Crime is HARD." "I'm confused. Can we start over?" And everyone just being more and more bewildered and confused as the cops just KEPT trying to make it sound like it was them.

Nice use of the ensemble as well, pretty much everyone got a moment. At least got some laughs in this week before the angst-a-thon presumably starts up next.

• Love 14
57 minutes ago, Fireball said:

Now I'm probably the only one, but whenever we see Eddy's Ex/current girlfriend all I think is Eddy was soo much more interesting as a single dad then whatever he + ex are now. 

Spoiler

Hoping that she is the one that gets taken out when "tragedy strikes the 118".

I guess I'm not very sophisticated, it doesn't take much to entertain me if I'm interested.

• Love 3

Wait, the investigators weren't FBI. Hmm....Seems like they should've been, though. They were like a dog with a bone holding onto their theory for dear life. 

Poor Chimney had spent so much time color-coding his clothes, such a shame to be tossed like that.

Because this is a show about superheroes, I'm really okay with a comical episode every  now and then. I'm already accepting the crazy scenarios, so why not? Hope they do more. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, mojito said:

Wait, the investigators weren't FBI. Hmm....Seems like they should've been, though. They were like a dog with a bone holding onto their theory for dear life. 

Poor Chimney had spent so much time color-coding his clothes, such a shame to be tossed like that.

Because this is a show about superheroes, I'm really okay with a comical episode every  now and then. I'm already accepting the crazy scenarios, so why not? Hope they do more. 

That's an excellent point. It was a bank robbery, after all, and that's the Feds domain.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

That's an excellent point. It was a bank robbery, after all, and that's the Feds domain.

Well there was also the possibility of a WMD to bring the FBI, along with the attached murder so all hands on deck

19 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I clocked the hand sanitizer right away, but double guessed myself when they said nerve agent. 

Doubling back, he was correct, it was a nerve agent we filled in an always lethal  nerve gas attack

• Love 4

OK ... so I am a bit slow, like Buck. The bank manager was near the vault, and then one of the employees shook his hand. Then he used the "hand sanitizer" for the 1st time, right? Why? To be ready for the next person (armored car guy) that he encountered?

Not to rag on Jennifer Love Hewitt too much, although I don't think she adds anything to the show ... I would hate to have to look up at those screens all day. They always show her looking up. Can't the screens be closer to at eye level? Is this really how dispatch stations are set up? (It didn't annoy me with Connie Britton, so maybe it is just JLH.)

I was surprised that none of the 1st responders said that they need to keep their eye on the money in the vault, before the vault closed.

I enjoyed the welcome back sign for Chimney:  Chimney 2, Death 0. 😂

• Love 8
3 hours ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

OK ... so I am a bit slow, like Buck. The bank manager was near the vault, and then one of the employees shook his hand. Then he used the "hand sanitizer" for the 1st time, right? Why? To be ready for the next person (armored car guy) that he encountered?

As far as I understood, he needed a distraction, so he dosed the armored car guy.  Then when they both started convulsing, they had to treat the scene like a potential nerve gas attack.  The complication was Hen rushing into to help him, so he had to dose her too.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Not to rag on Jennifer Love Hewitt too much, although I don't think she adds anything to the show ... I would hate to have to look up at those screens all day. They always show her looking up. Can't the screens be closer to at eye level? Is this really how dispatch stations are set up? (It didn't annoy me with Connie Britton, so maybe it is just JLH.)

I was surprised that none of the 1st responders said that they need to keep their eye on the money in the vault, before the vault closed.

I enjoyed the welcome back sign for Chimney:  Chimney 2, Death 0. 😂

It annoys me that the dispatchers all seem to have their cell phones handy. I would think they should be put in your locker. 

• Love 4

I didn't like it.  The interrogation scene at the beginning went on way too long I was already losing interest.  Athena and Buck did make me laugh, but when he said can we start over I was just like please god no!

I am glad Bobby's past is finally catching up to him.  He killed so many people and never paid for it.  I know he suffered and felt remorse, but sorry that's not enough.  I actually hope they do write in that the fire wasn't his fault somehow because ever since that episode I just can not stomach him.

• Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:58 PM, preeya said:

There is no way ONE guy walks a hand truck full of cash into a bank. They always work in pairs.

Not true. I work in a bank. One guy delivers the money inside while one guy stays inside the truck and another stays in the back of the truck.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

You're not the only one. They really haven't done much with him since that story arc ended and he reconciled with his ex. Now he's just sort of there. And the ex is just sort of "whatever."

• Love 5

The bank manager was near the vault, and then one of the employees shook his hand. Then he used the "hand sanitizer" for the 1st time, right? Why? To be ready for the next person (armored car guy) that he encountered?

I thought the incident with the armored car guy was a complete accident. The bank manager didn't expect any more human contact once he went into the vault. But then, to his surprise, the the armored car guy extended his hand for a handshake to wish him well. It looked as though the manager had considered not shaking his hand at all, but then reluctantly did. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, mojito said:

I thought the incident with the armored car guy was a complete accident. The bank manager didn't expect any more human contact once he went into the vault. But then, to his surprise, the the armored car guy extended his hand for a handshake to wish him well. It looked as though the manager had considered not shaking his hand at all, but then reluctantly did. 

I thought that too but the mechanic made the guy leave the tuck and stole the money.  So it had to be part of the plan.  I think the hesitation was that he knew the guy would get sick (not die, that was an accident)

• Love 2