Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: Birds, Broads and Breakups

• Start Topic

I don't know if it was this past week's episode or the one before that.  But.  At the end they showed a quick montage of the ladies (I think maybe it was at Dorinda's) having a blast.  Making faces, laughing, just hanging loose.  Why can't we have more or this?  Why does every little thing have to mushroom into a ridiculous, childish, mean-girls fight?

A lot of the stuff is cringe-worthy and producer/Andy driven.  And  yes, whoever mentioned the make-up.  It is awful most of the time.  Whenever they show the ladies with minimal makeup (I think LuAnn, Sonja and especially Ramona) they look so nice.   

• Love 12
8 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

That's often how success works.

I'm a writer, though I haven't done much in a while. When I was actively writing people would often come to me with their "great" ideas and tell me I could use it and write the book or screenplay and give them half. Number one, most/99 percent of those great ideas were trash, and number two, the work is in the writing. Yeah, let me slave and agonize over word choice, sentence construction, theme, etc. ... and then give someone half of something (and I wrote literary crap so there was no to little money) for squirting some half-baked, cliched idea, out of their mouths.

Ramona and Mario are both still good looking, but God are they incompatible in every other way. Watching them together gave me second hand embarrassment.

I understand that.  But I'm sure as a writer, you don't lord your success over everyone else, particularly those who are successful.  I'm sure you don't yell at people to call you when you are a success.  I'm sure you also don't tell everyone who starts a business how to run business like Beth has with just about every HW business there is (to the point of advising Erika on her videos).  She's a smart, successful woman.  But she doesn't know EVERYTHING.  And she acts as though all of her success was from her inventing the wheel.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Beth has no clue when it comes to reading a room. She is so caught up in her attention seeking behaviour, it's just cringey. Can she just shut her mouth for a New York Minute and let an artist showcase his work without making everything about her?

Nope!

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Well except the artist asked them to stop riling up the birds but neither Bethenny or Sonja listened to him.

Thank YOU!  I was a bit irritated with their behavior during that scene.  Especially Sonja--her placing her picture in front of Tinz was just rude to me (and a bit thirsty).  Her goes Sonja again so damn desperate for people to know that SHE is friends with this artist and had her picture taken with him...big F'ing deal.

16 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Wait, Carole has not been on this season??? LOL.  She really did sort of did do the out of sight out of mind thing for me.  I wonder if Tinsley is still friends with her.

Well I guess I'm the only person that misses Carole.  I adore her!  She was just too good for this sure.  And now that I think about it I think this is one of the reasons why I don't like Barb.  Every time she is on my screen I think this blob of a person is who replaced my darling, sophisticated Carole?!  GAH!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Thank YOU!  I was a bit irritated with their behavior during that scene.  Especially Sonja--her placing her picture in front of Tinz was just rude to me (and a bit thirsty).  Her goes Sonja again so damn desperate for people to know that SHE is friends with this artist and had her picture taken with him...big F'ing deal.

Well I guess I'm the only person that misses Carole.  I adore her!  She was just too good for this sure.  And now that I think about it I think this is one of the reasons why I don't like Barb.  Every time she is on my screen I think this blob of a person is who replaced my darling, sophisticated Carole?!  GAH!

I had a love/hate thing with Carole but I respect he hell out of her standing up to Beth.  

• Love 11
13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

The ratings didn't go down after she left and they didn't go up after she returned.  Now, then we have Bethenny's show with Frederick.  It tanked.

Again, the ratings don't show that.  Marge from NJ is just as quick witted as Beth.  Probably more so because Beth just tries too hard and m any of her quips just fall flat.   Beth has become stale IMO.

As much as I love Bethenny, I never watched her show with Frederick because I can't stand him.   It's likely that teaming up two polarizing personalities was the reason the show tanked.  RHONY's ratings may be the same before and after Bethenny's return but IMHO without her the show would have been circling the drain.

ETA:   I don't know who Margie is.   I refuse to watch NJ.  I will not help put a penny in the grifter felon's pocket.  

10 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Beth has no clue when it comes to reading a room. She is so caught up in her attention seeking behaviour, it's just cringey. Can she just shut her mouth for a New York Minute and let an artist showcase his work without making everything about her?

I'm sure Bethenny and Sonja were at that studio for more than the 2 or 3 minutes they showed us.   Obviously the editing monkeys chose the most entertaining moments for the episode and showcasing more of that artist's work didn't make the cut.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I liked Carole too.  

• Love 8

Regarding the picture of Mario with Sonja and Ramona, I doubt that it is photo shopped. I am the poster who posted the picture originally.  The reason I went looking for such a picture is that I remember at least one scene from a previous season where Mario was standing exactly like this, angled towards Sonja and pretty much ignoring Ramona.  From their body language you would have thought that Mario was with Sonja and Ramona was the outsider. In the last year that Ramona and Mario were together on the show, Sonja spent quite a bit of time with them, and there were other instances where Mario and Sonja seemed totally into each other, and right in front of Ramona. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

ank YOU!  I was a bit irritated with their behavior during that scene.  Especially Sonja--her placing her picture in front of Tinz was just rude to me (and a bit thirsty).  Her goes Sonja again so damn desperate for people to know that SHE is friends with this artist and had her picture taken with him...big F'ing deal.

19 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think Sonja is still living in the past when she was somebody with connections.  In her mind, she is still that person, sadly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

That's often how success works.

I'm a writer, though I haven't done much in a while. When I was actively writing people would often come to me with their "great" ideas and tell me I could use it and write the book or screenplay and give them half. Number one, most/99 percent of those great ideas were trash, and number two, the work is in the writing. Yeah, let me slave and agonize over word choice, sentence construction, theme, etc. ... and then give someone half of something (and I wrote literary crap so there was no to little money) for squirting some half-baked, cliched idea, out of their mouths.

Ramona and Mario are both still good looking, but God are they incompatible in every other way. Watching them together gave me second hand embarrassment.

A writer.  So impressive ShawnaLanne.  Anyhow, most are talking about Bethenny these days.  I was just watching, again, the scene in the bar with Mario, the girls and the old Geezer.  Sonja was so outrageous pretending to be so seductive and gorgeous that it was embarrassing.  Falling all over that old guy and Mario.  She has no shame.  Then there’s Ramona, the habitual liar who talks jibberish that you don’t even know what the hell shes talking about.  Her and Sonja think they are the upscale New Yorkers, and they are not.  They are just too old to be acting this way.  They are funny together, but come across as pathetic.  Sonja in the art gallery thought she was Mrs. Morgan again the way she was strutting around and commenting on the art work like she was an expert.  These women have to get their head out of their asses.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I don’t necessarily disagree about B but for me she’s not the only critical cast member.  I’m unwilling to entertain a pre-Dorinda, pre-Berkshires RHONY - Dorinda also always tends to get along with most of the HWs, has no money issues, and represents a lot of “real New Yorker” elements in terms of being an outsider upstater who became an insider city slicker.   

I think the overall cast chemistry is pretty stellar.  Even with Barbara and the two headed monster.   I always wanted a genuinely cool writer type but don’t miss culture vulture Carole much at all.

Now that they shed Carole Radzi BoringCastmate, I think all the women on the show right now, sans Barbara, are important to the show - especially the OG's (plus Dorinda, which I sort of consider an OG at this point). Tins position may be replaceable, but I don't mind her on the show. They all make the show work, they have good chemistry whether they are getting along or bickering with each other...hopefully however long the show is apt to last for, they all stick around... Even insufferable Luanne.. maybe she can have a humbled redemption tour next season - LOL...

Out of all the RH shows, I'm also one of those that thinks RHONY is the best of them. None of the castmates, Babs INCLUDED, make me grind my teeth like all the other RH shows, which have castmates I can't honestly understand how they are still on the show OR how they have fans - but - every lid has a pot I suppose. LOL. I go up and down with how much I like or am frustrated with castmates on RHONY, but I don't hate any of them (like I loathe Cancerscam Gunvulson and her on/off BFF Tamrat on RHOC)(or am thouroughly bored with, like LVP, Dorito, Erika on RHOBH) or just can't stand since Siggy Narcassist completely ruined RHONJ for me - whatever little interest I once had in it... Even Atlanta has that hot mess narcissist Nene I can't stand.

ANYWAY. Yeah. There's just something about RHONY that works better than the others. I may not want to be friends with them in real life (who knows though - I don't really know them outside of their show personas), but they make entertaining tv for me.

• Love 6

When Bethanny came back to NY, she made a point, after acting a like a crazy baboon, to say in her blogs, Thanks everyone for watching! Ratings are up again this week. Appreciate you watching me!" like she acted crazy on purpose for ratings. And like the ratings were up. And to take attention from the fact she's nuts. She assumed A LOT in that satement.

I think ratings were down because they replaced her and Jill with Aviva and Heather who were way too sane for this show. Personally, I feel that Ramona, Sonja, Luanne, Dorinda, and Tinsely could carry the show. I think they are all hysterical and loaded with personality.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, AnnA said:

As much as I love Bethenny, I never watched her show with Frederick because I can't stand him.   It's likely that teaming up two polarizing personalities was the reason the show tanked.  RHONY's ratings may be the same before and after Bethenny's return but IMHO without her the show would have been circling the drain.

ETA:   I don't know who Margie is.   I refuse to watch NJ.  I will not help put a penny in the grifter felon's pocket.  

I'm sure Bethenny and Sonja were at that studio for more than the 2 or 3 minutes they showed us.   Obviously the editing monkeys chose the most entertaining moments for the episode and showcasing more of that artist's work didn't make the cut.

Bethenny and Fredric were both competitive.  Each tried to be boss.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

When Bethanny came back to NY, she made a point, after acting a like a crazy baboon, to say in her blogs, Thanks everyone for watching! Ratings are up again this week. Appreciate you watching me!" like she acted crazy on purpose for ratings. And like the ratings were up. And to take attention from the fact she's nuts. She assumed A LOT in that satement.

I think ratings were down because they replaced her and Jill with Aviva and Heather who were way too sane for this show. Personally, I feel that Ramona, Sonja, Luanne, Dorinda, and Tinsely could carry the show. I think they are all hysterical and loaded with personality.

I have heard Bethenny refer to RHNY as "my show", the same as Vicki G refers to RHOC as "my show". 

Real team players.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, AnnA said:

Plus it wasn't like they were filming a documentary about the artist.  I found the whole thing hilarious.  And Beth was joking about the cat calls, she wasn't being serious.  I also would love to see a Beth and Sonja actually go to cosco.  Now that would be comedy gold.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

A writer.  So impressive ShawnaLanne.  Anyhow, most are talking about Bethenny these days.  I was just watching, again, the scene in the bar with Mario, the girls and the old Geezer.  Sonja was so outrageous pretending to be so seductive and gorgeous that it was embarrassing.  Falling all over that old guy and Mario.  She has no shame.  Then there’s Ramona, the habitual liar who talks jibberish that you don’t even know what the hell shes talking about.  Her and Sonja think they are the upscale New Yorkers, and they are not.  They are just too old to be acting this way.  They are funny together, but come across as pathetic.  Sonja in the art gallery thought she was Mrs. Morgan again the way she was strutting around and commenting on the art work like she was an expert.  These women have to get their head out of their asses.

4 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I hope that was meant differently than it came across.

I think I know who Tinsley reminds me if, Baby Jane.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
33 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Plus it wasn't like they were filming a documentary about the artist.  I found the whole thing hilarious.  And Beth was joking about the cat calls, she wasn't being serious.  I also would love to see a Beth and Sonja actually go to cosco.  Now that would be comedy gold.

Well, we have seen Beth at Costco.  Back in day.  I think she was there to sign books but no one was really interested.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

As much as I now dislike her, I think that scene was her genuine shock at what was going on there. Yes, she shouldn't have gotten them all riled up after being told not to, but I think it was a very normal, human interaction.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5
On 4/28/2019 at 9:22 PM, Duke2801 said:

IDK... The Marge was killing it on Jersey this past season with the one-liners. “Your husband’s in the pool” is possibly my favorite housewives line of all time now. 

Bethenny certainly gives more one-liners in terms of quantity. The quality isn’t always there though!

Vagina!

Vagina!

Blow job!

Tits!

Vagina!

Stick it up your vagina, for all I care!

I’m not sure who’s funnier, Frankel of Cabaret Lu.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Vagina!

Vagina!

Blow job!

Tits!

Vagina!

Ha, exactly!  Early days, Beth was a lot funnier and didn't resort to being vulgar to make a joke every time.   I like bawdy, but less is more when it comes to that. 

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Now that they shed Carole Radzi BoringCastmate, I think all the women on the show right now, sans Barbara, are important to the show - especially the OG's (plus Dorinda, which I sort of consider an OG at this point). Tins position may be replaceable, but I don't mind her on the show. They all make the show work, they have good chemistry whether they are getting along or bickering with each other...hopefully however long the show is apt to last for, they all stick around... Even insufferable Luanne.. maybe she can have a humbled redemption tour next season - LOL...

Out of all the RH shows, I'm also one of those that thinks RHONY is the best of them. None of the castmates, Babs INCLUDED, make me grind my teeth like all the other RH shows, which have castmates I can't honestly understand how they are still on the show OR how they have fans - but - every lid has a pot I suppose. LOL. I go up and down with how much I like or am frustrated with castmates on RHONY, but I don't hate any of them (like I loathe Cancerscam Gunvulson and her on/off BFF Tamrat on RHOC)(or am thouroughly bored with, like LVP, Dorito, Erika on RHOBH) or just can't stand since Siggy Narcassist completely ruined RHONJ for me - whatever little interest I once had in it... Even Atlanta has that hot mess narcissist Nene I can't stand.

ANYWAY. Yeah. There's just something about RHONY that works better than the others. I may not want to be friends with them in real life (who knows though - I don't really know them outside of their show personas), but they make entertaining tv for me.

Me too.  I love them no matter what.  Looks like Icky Vikie is safe as she conveniently got engaged to Steve.  

• Love 3
11 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

17 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Agreed.  I used to love RHOBH but find it unwatchable right now.  I think RHOA is even worse than BH now that we're back to the NeNe show.  RHOD is just okay.  I do love Huger on RHOP and it should get interesting with that one husband, Michael, apparently grabbing some camerman for Bravo.  

I still love RHOC, mainly because Shannon is reality TV gold as is Kelly Dodd.  Isn't Vicki downgraded to "friend of"?

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I hope that was meant differently than it came across.

It was meant as a compliment, believe me.  I admire anyone who can write.  In my haste, I worded it incorrectly.  Should have proof read.  So sorry.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Agreed. I laughed my face off during the scene with the artist. I would be in shock about all those birds too, it was INSANE. And she was obviously joking about the catcalling. It made me laugh. But, I think I have a lot of Bethennys in my social circle and I love them. 

I like all the women in this cast, sans Barbara. When she first appeared I spoke up saying that there are plenty of NYC women who look like Barb - there's no reason why she would be on RHONJ. That said, I find her personality insanely grating and I would rather she left. I definitely wouldn't watch a show about her construction business. Really though, I think this is a great cast with good chemistry.

I really don't find Marge on NJ that funny, but the bar is pretty low for intelligent humor on that show. Marge is probably the best you'll get there. The way she moves her mouth also seriously distracts me from anything she says. 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

4 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Agreed. I laughed my face off during the scene with the artist. I would be in shock about all those birds too, it was INSANE. And she was obviously joking about the catcalling. It made me laugh. But, I think I have a lot of Bethennys in my social circle and I love them. 

I like all the women in this cast, sans Barbara. When she first appeared I spoke up saying that there are plenty of NYC women who look like Barb - there's no reason why she would be on RHONJ. That said, I find her personality insanely grating and I would rather she left. I definitely wouldn't watch a show about her construction business. Really though, I think this is a great cast with good chemistry.

I really don't find Marge on NJ that funny, but the bar is pretty low for intelligent humor on that show. Marge is probably the best you'll get there. The way she moves her mouth also seriously distracts me from anything she says. 

I hope we get more scenes like this one.    

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I hope we get more scenes like this one.    

I can certainly do without these scenes. Just speaking for myself. Too much Bethenny is just Too much Bethenny. Just my own opinion. I mean, the birds are not just more fans of yours Beth. They are just birds.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I can certainly do without these scenes. Just speaking for myself. Too much Bethenny is just Too much Bethenny. Just my own opinion. I mean, the birds are not just more fans of yours Beth. They are just birds.

image.jpeg

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

@hoodooznoodooz

Vagina!

Vagina!

Blow job!

Tits!

Vagina!

LOL

Perfect impersonation, Hoodoo ; ) 

I'm going to be hearing "Vagina! Vagina! Blow job Incorporated" in my head all day today:

shirley and lav.gif

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 5

Having had similar experiences with a houseful of birds myself, I can safely posit that they probably did appreciate Bethenny's raucous interaction, and a couple of them probably did try to flirt with her.  I'll take the rest of this to the Small Talk thread.

Suffice to say I was much more interested in the birds than the art or the artist.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Having had similar experiences with a houseful of birds myself, I can safely posit that they probably did appreciate Bethenny's raucous interaction, and a couple of them probably did try to flirt with her.  I'll take the rest of this to the Small Talk thread.

Suffice to say I was much more interested in the birds than the art or the artist.

I too grew up with multiple birds in a household and that is just how they behave.  There seemed to be sooo many of them....10 maybe 15 and that is A LOT to take care of, cleaning cages, feeding them, and obvs they need to get out and stretch their wings a bit.  I have to wonder if the artist actually owns all those birds or are they there simply for T.V. *shrug*  They are beautiful and I know those birds are NOT cheap.  You're looking at about $1,000 for each!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

have to wonder if the artist actually owns all those birds or are they there simply for T.V. *shrug*  They are beautiful and I know those birds are NOT cheap.  You're looking at about $1,000 for each!

He owns them.

• Love 7

Thanks, @biakbiak--that interview video is hilarious!

After this episode aired, I Googled Hunt Slonem, because I'd never heard of him.  I loved the slide show of vignettes in his studio.  He must be doing extremely well--here's the page of homes he supposedly owns.  It's a miracle he's able to manage all this, even with help.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 4/28/2019 at 5:25 PM, Gem 10 said:

Without Bethenny, the show would probably flop, IMO.  She’s the reason I watch.

I watch in spite of her. She is my least favorite housewife.  The show was on without her before.  JMHO she gets too much credit.  There are other interesting cast members.  Also hate how She takes over the reunion show. 

The bunny artists with all the birds was fun.  Tinsley and Dorinda on the trapeze OMG 😮 heights on not my friend but they both looked great. 

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 5
On 4/25/2019 at 9:00 AM, sasha206 said:

Also, I usually love Beth's style, but that glittery jacket was absolutely awful.

Finally caught up and was annoyed in a weird way because her Gucci had a tiger on it -- Gucci's big influence right now is the Chinese zodiac (this is why you're also seeing French Bulldogs and dragons on a lot of their designs, but tigers are probably the better aesthetic) and her, Sonja, and the eccentric artist are talking about Chinese zodiac signs and nobody brought this up!!

I love Dorinda for going on the trapeze first!

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

I watch in spite of her. She is my least favorite housewife.  The show was on without her before.  JMHO she gets too much credit.  There are other interesting cast members.  Also hate how She takes over the reunion show. 

The bunny artists with all the birds was fun.  Tinsley and Dorinda on the trapeze OMG 😮 heights on not my friend but they both looked great. 

This stuff (artists, circuses, and the goofing-around mentioned earlier) is what I love. 80% NYC life, 20% snark. 

• Love 6
On 4/30/2019 at 8:23 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Vagina!

Vagina!

Blow job!

Tits!

Vagina!

Rolling with my SNOWMIES!  Get it?  GET IT??

• LOL 6