Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E12: Lost in Translation

• Start Topic

A surprising argument during the “Day of Reckoning” challenge creates unexpected rivalries. Paulie debates a risky move in order to eliminate Kyle. After a poor performance in the challenge, one player packs their bags and threatens to quit the game.

Airs April 24, 2019.

Hunter pulling an Ashley by threatening to leave. If you want to leave, just do it!

I actually felt bad for Turbo when Ninja was yelling at him. He seems like such a good guy and didn’t deserve that especially considering they ended up winning. I don’t blame him for not wanting to talk to her even if she was crying. You can’t just force people to forgive you. It bothered me that Dee got involved too.

I love Georgia! She’s adorable and reminds me of a Spice Girl which I know is such a random thing to say. I love her personality and I think she’s a great player. 

I wasn’t sad to see Nany go. I’ve never really liked her. 

• Love 13

You know Ninja was ridiculous with her temper tantrum I think when someone is crying and begging you to forgive them you maybe bend a little? Especially when no one ever really apologizes on The Challenge so it felt genuine. Dee though, stay out of it girl. So not helping.

• Love 2

Natalie didn't have much incentive to win aside from getting on the Tribunal. I mean . . . Turbo was an asshole about things, but she went a little too far. Granted, in terms of being a bitch, I'd say she's way in the back of the pack. Maybe only in front of Da'vonne.

Seriously, I think Turbo can now be classified as "mythical beast." You can win six times like Johnny, but has he ever tied down a dude freaking out on an airplane? Once TJ heard his name from Georgia, he should have made her choose again. There's Turbo, basically taping Nany down like he does it all the time (and I do NOT want to go there). Cut to Wes being distracted by Georgia's yammering, and he was too focused on not being the guy to tape a girl's mouth shut. No wonder she got out easily.

Da'vonne ran like a boss. I don't think it was all Wes.

Would Paulie be dumb enough to risk his safety to "lay hands" on a gimpy Kyle? Yes. Yes, he would. He probably won't, and we'll get something boring like Theo beating Kyle or Hunter. But to me, Paulie's mouth writes a lot of checks. One day, his ass won't be able to back it up. And then Cara Maria can move to the next dubious/cringeworthy relationship.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 5

I just loved Davonne’s talking heads about Ninja. I wanted to root for her, but she really did show her entire ass. I know it won’t happen but I’d love to see arrogant Paulie volunteer himself and for Kyle to just destroy him... shades of the first time Jordan went after Bananas. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Natalie didn't have much incentive to win aside from getting on the Tribunal. I mean . . . Turbo was an asshole about things, but she went a little too far. Granted, in terms of being a bitch, I'd say she's way in the back of the pack. Maybe only in front of Da'vonne.

Seriously, I think Turbo can now be classified as "mythical beast." You can win six times like Johnny, but has he ever tied down a dude freaking out on an airplane? Once TJ heard his name from Georgia, he should have made her choose again. There's Turbo, basically taping Nany down like he does it all the time (and I do NOT want to go there). Cut to Wes being distracted by Georgia's yammering, and he was too focused on not being the guy to tape a girl's mouth shut. No wonder she got out easily.

Would Paulie be dumb enough to risk his safety to "lay hands" on a gimpy Kyle? Yes. Yes, he would. He probably won't, and we'll get something boring like Theo beating Kyle or Hunter. But to me, Paulie's mouth writes a lot of checks. One day, his ass won't be able to back it up. And then Cara Maria can move to the next dubious/cringeworthy relationship.

On what planet was Turbo an asshole. At no point was he an asshole.

When ninja kept being pissy about Turbos plan, he kept calm.

When she had a hissy fit for zero reasons, he stayed calm. I don't even know why they keep saying he was yelling. He was not yelling.

And he doesn't have to bend or accept an apology. It doesn't make you an ass. Apologies are meant to be given. What someone does with it is on them. Constantly trying to force acceptance won't fix it.

Turbo is too good for this show.

• Love 24

Turbo is a beast but he seems really sensitive.  I get emotional when people look at me sideways, so I can see why he didn’t accept Ninja’s apology.  He was hurt and needed time. Her crying and blabbering in his face about how sorry she is doesn’t buy automatic forgiveness.  When you act like a whole fool, your actions have consequences. 

• Love 16

I haven’t liked Ninja all season. I couldn’t exactly pinpoint why. Maybe it was because she was partnered with Paulie. But she showed her true colors this episode. Did Turbo start yelling? Yeah, but that was after she screamed at him for most of the competition and threw a temper tantrum afterwards. Dee made things worse. I don’t blame Turbo for ignoring her. 

Georgia is my favorite female this season. I know people hated Bear and didn’t like that she was with him, but I’ve been impressed by how well she’s performed in the challenges, and she seems like a sweetheart. Her annoying and distracting Wes was genius. I can’t believe Nany didn’t at least try and start doing it too, even though I doubt it would have worked on Turbo. 

I thought for sure D’avonne would try and throw the challenge to screw Wes. Pretty cool of her to put up a good effort.  I didn’t know she had asthma. That’s gonna be tough to overcome if she makes a final. 

This has to be the best rookie class of competitors since the Fresh Meat days. Turbo,Theo,Georgia,Mattie,Ninja, and Dee are all great competitors. 

There’s no way Paulie throws himself in. They would have shown it and ended after he did it. Ending on a tease pretty much tells me he’s all talk, yet again. Kyle has no chance against Hunter or Theo. No wonder he was trying to goad Paulie. 

• Love 3

If Ninja had trusted Turbo’s strategy to begin with she wouldn’t have had to swallow her pride, as she put it, to apologize for her asinine behavior. If she really meant to apologize she would’ve done it as soon as she realized how she made Turbo feel, not after she found out they got into the tribunal. Dee can stfu with her “you’re being aggressive” shit which she aggressively yelled at Turbo. I think he stayed pretty calm for having two women yelling in his face.

Georgia singing at Wes cracked me up. It reminded me of Sam in “Ghost” singing Henry VIII to get Oda Mae all frustrated so she’d agree to help him. I think Georgia actually flustered Wes more than CT did that challenge where he yelled at him all night.

• Love 12

Yep. Knew I didn't like Ninja, glad to have confirmation. There was literally no need to throw a temper tantrum, even if they hadn't won, because she was never in jeopardy. Dee can shut up, too. In what world is Turbo, sitting on the ground with two women standing over him and yelling at him, the one being aggressive? I'm glad that Ninja was able to see (after the fact) that her behaviour was unnecessary and embarrassing. I would have accepted her apology, but Turbo is not at all obliged to, and getting mad at him for that is just doubling down on her own assholery.

Da'vonne is the frigging best. Her talking heads were extra on-point this episode. I really like Georgia, too.

Hunter is more like Ashley than he would care to believe. Cara's disdain for his quitting threat was the most relatable she's been all season.

Shut up, Paulie. Shut up forever. The other guys are not required to give up picking a strong partner just because she happens to be sleeping with you.

• Love 11

Only Wes and Turbo commented that it wasn't how big the trash was but how heavy it was that made the difference.  Any time I saw someone toting something aluminum or thin sheet metal of whatever sort I just shook my head.  Someone had a big tangle of mesh fencing or something.  They basically just threw air in there with a little metal running through it!  

Totally team Turbo here on the fracas.  Lovely freeze frame of giant tear-streaked Natalie face there as they went to commercial.  I'm sure she appreciated that.

I felt for Kyle with the paint, but at least a couple of times that he commented "I'm covered with paint" I thought that he might have had time to clean it off, or at least some of it.  

This show sure makes me realize how much a sense of humor helps in how I view the competitors.  Bananas doesn't have one (or not one that I appreciate), and neither does Paulie, but Kyle's self-deprecating observations have me more and more on his side, and Da'vonne's talking heads are gems. 

• Love 13

Is it too much to hope for Paulie to volunteer himself to go in against Kyle and then Kyle will crush him? I don't even like Kyle that much but this would make me love him forever. It would be so delicious for Paulie to miss the final. 

It was difficult to watch Ninja cry and beg Turbo to forgive her. But she pushed it too far too. Apologize and back off. He needs time to process. It's just as wrong as her original tantrum to aggressively try to force Turbo to accept her apology.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

From the look of relief on Da'vonne's face when TJ announced it was a male elimination day, I have to wonder if TJ deliberately didn't tell them who'd be up for elimination until after the challenge concluded, because that would explain Natalie's freakout more if she genuinely thought she was at risk of being sent into the killing floor. And Paulie would be dumb enough to risk his safety to go after Kyle, especially because you just know that if that happens and Paulie wins, we, and the rest of the people remaining, will never hear the end of how amazing and how much of a competition beast he is for beating a guy that was already injured.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ninja Natalie more than showed her ass. She may have been frustrated with Turbo, but nothing gives her the right to yell at him like she did. She also approached him and asked him to talk. He said he didn’t want to. That’s the world’s biggest fucking clue to back off. I am very much like Turbo and don’t want to talk after an argument like that. And once she apologized, she should have let it go. He is in no way obligated to accept. And then to talk shit about him right after, a few seats away? That was awful. And Natalie and Dee can fucking miss me with this bullshit of talking to a woman like that and getting aggressive. You don’t get to act like an asshole and then play the victim. Turbo has shown to be a good guy that minds his own business. This thing with Natalie really bothered me, especially seeing him cry. It made me emotional, because I think part of the issue has to be the language barrier. I don’t think he’s able to express himself in the clearest way and that has to be pretty freaking frustrating. It looks like they’ve made up since so it’s a moot point, I guess..

Loving Georgia FYI. Whoever it was that said she reminds them of a Spice Girl is totally spot on. She’s fun and bubbly. And it was funny and entertaining to see her fluster Wes while he was tying her up. I enjoy watching her more without Bear. I also liked her partnership with Turbo during the elimination. Makes me wish they had been paired up this season even though it wouldn’t have happened since they’re both new.

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, lexington11 said:

From the look of relief on Da'vonne's face when TJ announced it was a male elimination day, I have to wonder if TJ deliberately didn't tell them who'd be up for elimination until after the challenge concluded, because that would explain Natalie's freakout more if she genuinely thought she was at risk of being sent into the killing floor.

That might have happened. We've gone male, then female, and I'd assume the guys would be up for the Killing Floor. But maybe TJ was ambiguous about that.

Apologies if it sounds like I'm being a Natalie "stan." It's just that she comes from a show I actually respect (American Ninja Warrior), and I don't want her to be a bitch to the degree of the regulars. Worst case, she goes back to ANW and infects the main stars. I mean, she did overreact, and Turbo has the right to use his back to carry a refrigerator holding cinder blocks. But I don't want her being THAT bad.

Also: I think that if Turbo gets mad at you, it would be over quickly. "He pissed me off. So we face off in Killing Floor. I point at the moon and ask if he wants better look. He says yes. I grab him by the collar and fling him to the moon. Dead before he reaches the surface." Cut to Wes: "Okay, I'm intelligent enough to know that there is no way in hell he could do that. But he might. I want to go into space one day. That is not the way I'd want to do it."

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

Turbo brings such a genuine intensity (I personally love it) to the show.  I don’t think the other players know what to make of it.   I probably would have accepted Ninja’s apology but would have held it against her.  Turbo might have withheld accepting the apology until he could genuinely mean it.

• Love 6

I can see where Natalie might think that Turbo decided their strategy and kind of steamrolled over her objections.

When they’re being lapped because they’re struggling to haul heavier junk, it could be frustrating.

In any event, one more tribunal left so there could be lingering effects from this.  Turbo might vote in Ninja or Dee.

• Love 1

Natalie was a right asshole the entire challenge and beyond.  She apologized after they won which made her an even bigger asshole.  Turbo, IMO, is well within his right to not forgive her until the end of time.

Also, Dee, Turbo was “yelling” at Natalie after she shrieked at him for ten minutes straight.  Also also, it didn’t concern you and Natalie doesn’t need you to stick up for her anyways.

• Love 11

Ninja was just embarrassing. Even if they had lost the competition, the way she behaved was horrible and the berating way she spoke to Turbo despite him repeatedly telling her that he tried his best, it was just sad to watch. I don't think that Ninja felt guilt for how she made Turbo feel. I think she felt guilt because how she ended up looking after all the shit she said to him, turns out that he did do enough to earn both of them spots in the tribunal. Day's commentary was everything, lol. She's worth her spot on the show just for her confessionals. Ninja can cry all she wants. She brought that on herself. She's learning the hard way that acting like a shitty person can have consequences. There are tons of people who could have gone through that same experience and not acted like a fucking lunatic on someone. She isn't owed forgiveness. I honestly think Turbo sees accepting an apology as a positive sign for moving forward with someone but I think he's seen enough to not trust Ninja and therefore there is no moving forward with her. Instead of being fake, he's willing to risk making an enemy in the game because he's relying solely on his skills and competitiveness to win and not politicking.

Dee should STFU and mind her business. It shouldn't have been okay for Ninja to scream and berate Turbo but she let that go on just fine. The moment he pushed back, she jumped in...though she didn't really want to get involved. Yeah, okay.

Georgia is an unassuming competitor. Even though she's had a solid showing so far in this game, it still surprises me to see how well she competes in many of these challenges.

If I recall correctly, Kyle isn't great at puzzles and he's physically banged up at this point so I don't think there's any situation he could walk into where he would be favoured to win. It seems like the writing is on the wall. Kyle is liking going in and if he does, I don't think it matters who his opponent is. I will be very surprised if he returns to the house.

• Love 7

The elimination round pissed me off to no end. My fate in the game is tied to how well someone else duct tapes me to a chair. I hated that elimination so much. To back up Wes a little bit, it could be that he was trying not to hurt Georgia while he was tying her up,  as it seems like Turbo didn't care as much due to how Many was telling him not to lean on her so hard. I prefer the elimination, I can't remember the name, where they started out by dragging a rope through a structure and tangling it, and then at the end of the allotted time they switched and you had to untangle your rope and get it out. 

This was not a woman's elimination day, so I can't for the life of me figure out why Ninja was going off. Is she all brawn and no brains? Wes and Turbo knew that the size didn't matter, the weight did. You can make three trips with light crap and lose to someone who made one steady trip with heavy items. I was so happy when they announced that they won. I felt bad for Turbo. He seems to be pretty nice and wants to play a straight up game. Even when Georgia picked him to tie up Nany, he didn't take it easy on her just because they used to be partners. It was his job to work for Georgia and thats what he did. He puts his all into the game, and had that been a woman's day he would have worked extra hard to make sure his partner Ninja was safe. She screamed at him even though it was his fate that was on the line. Then switches to the crying victim when it comes time to apologize. Dee was out of line, I get wanting to help your friend, but your friend was clearly wrong. 

• Love 10

Does anyone know how many eps there are this season? I thought people were saying 13 but I guess that's not the case. Too bad, I was happy thinking every ep would have a challenge and an elimination and that there were only 13 eps. But now they're dragging it ugh.

6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Does anyone know how many eps there are this season? I thought people were saying 13 but I guess that's not the case. Too bad, I was happy thinking every ep would have a challenge and an elimination and that there were only 13 eps. But now they're dragging it ugh.

Well, this past episode did have an elimination and a challenge, and so will the next one. It’s just that they are reversed, with the eliminations at the beginning of the episode. 

8 hours ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

Well, this past episode did have an elimination and a challenge, and so will the next one. It’s just that they are reversed, with the eliminations at the beginning of the episode. 

Good point, but I still hate that format lol. I prefer when there's a challenge at the beginning of the ep and then an elimination at the end. Doing it the other way messes up the flow of the season and is part of why the show drags so much for me towards the end.

• Love 3

Natalie looks like a person who ordered the wrong size face for their head.

natalie-duran-headshot-200x300.jpg

She was so in the wrong here and it seemed like she knew it, but she kept doubling down on it until it was clear she wasn't going to convince him he was wrong.

And no, Ninja- it's not your right to have all your apologies accepted and especially not immediately.   

• Love 4