Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/22/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I wish Whoopie would educate herself on certain things.

She doesn't care what you wish for.  And in case you forgot, she told us again today that she doesn't care what you think of her either. Oh, and don't email her.

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 13
  • Love 6

You guys are genius and hilarious on here today.  I just wanted to add one thing to the NutMeg meltdown.  She started out by saying she got up at 5 am or something like that, that she couldn't sleep because she was so upset  by Bernie and Kamala.  WTAF?  I thought she was a shark.  Plus, NutMeg,  most working people get up around 5 am.  But she said it as though she was in some kind of a trauma over hearing the town halls.

And, yes, that one tear, she wiped it away as Whoopi was shutting her down.

• LOL 15
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

OK - I saw part of it: 

Meghan changes the discussion from "should people convicted of crimes have the right to vote?"   to   "Should the Boston Marathon bomber be let out of prison?"  

WHOOPI, HE KILLED PEOPLE!   (tears in her eyes)

Where did you get this?  I’d like to watch the entire show. 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Oh Abby, it's "inroads" not "inwaves".  She doesn't understand why Elizabeth Warren isn't making "inwaves" in the polls.  I'll excuse it this one time based on the pregnancy 😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, jalady said:

Oh Abby, it's "inroads" not "inwaves".  She doesn't understand why Elizabeth Warren isn't making "inwaves" in the polls.  I'll excuse it this one time based on the pregnancy 😂

And she said it twice!

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Did you hear the way she said her name?  She said either "Thank you, Kamala" or "No thank you, Kamala," (I can't recall which) and the way in which she said 'Kamala' was just dripping in disdain.

I think it was something “it’s not good enough Kamala”. I was like WGAF, you won’t vote for her anyway. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, jalady said:

Don't forget the media is only focusing on White males, So Elizabeth, Kamala, Amy and the men of color are not getting any air time. Plus, I don't trust polls.. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, jalady said:

She often does this sort of thing.  Her life must have been so cloistered that she never learned idioms.  Or does she spend a lot of time on yachts? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I am reminded of Lady Catherine de Bourgh in Pride and Prejudice and her advice about playing the pianoforte: “If I had ever learnt, I should have been a great proficient.”

10 points for the literature reference!

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
45 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I'm not surprised that Meghan didn't understand the point made and went off on a tangent thinking that Bernie's point was to advocate for terrorists.

Oh she understands but her blue cards told her to keep hitting the point relentlessly to put her party in a better position.  In her mind anyway.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
47 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Bernie Sanders did say that the Boston Marathon murderer should be able to vote even while IN prison.

And as Kamala said, it’s a conversation. It’s doubtful that the concept would be popular but respectful people can discuss it without the talk devolving into a screeching match about how TERRORISM ISN'T FUNNY!

• Love 20
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That was so funny. Especially when Abby screamed back, "I WANT TO KEEP THIS JOB!" Almost as if they're mocking how The View has practically transformed into Real Housewives thanks to McCain and Abby yells and acts more like a lunatic to keep up. I loved all their reactions to Real Housewives being called an example of feminism.

As for McCain saying she isn't a feminist because of her abortion stance... I wouldn't consider her a feminist for many more reasons than that one. She's the most regressive woman that's ever been this show, the least accomplished who owes everything not to her own work but her surname, the most vocal against female leadership, and the one woman who will always resort to jealous catfighting with every other woman she works with (Joy, Ana, Abby, Sunny, even Whoopi occasionally).

Phyllis Schalafly was probably her IDOL.

3 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

I am the Gloria Steinem-follower generation. When MM said her name with such loathing, I almost went all Indiana on her. How dare she!

See above. Another horrid beast.

• Love 14

I was surprised by Meghan's reaction to the prisoner's vote. Of course in their hearts, nobody wants the Boston bomber to have a vote, but that doesn't mean they don't understand why on principle, he gets one if all prisoners get the vote. You can't just dangle one extreme example to represent a whole class. It surprised me that someone who identifies as a supporter of the constitution doesn't get this. I get that she may disagree, but she could not extricate her emotions to properly argue her policy perspective. When she got upset at Whoopi, it was almost like she was confused that Whoopi, who she likes, would disagree with her.

I don't think Meghan is the reason for the rise in ratings. Rather, it's due to all the political discussions about Trump. There's been a similar rise in ratings for Colbert. Meghan is becoming more and more contemptuous and while I believe they will renew her contract, I feel like they are moving toward a situation where the arguments will get so personal that she will leave the show next year mid-season.

Edited by schroeder
  • Love 22
5 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Meghan, you are NOT the only people with relatives who are serving or have served in the military. 

You are, however, a blithering idiot. 

Pretty much everyone I know has had a family member or multiple serve in the military.  It is not a badge for MEGHAN to wear but she thinks it gives her cred because she is military adjacent.  She is also a really piss poor debater who again, never shuts her brain off to hear another panelist.  She just has all cued up what SHE wants to say while not getting the gist of the conversation.  ABC needs to find a much smarter panelist to be the conservative voice.  I really want ABC to do something about this brat.  She has really ruined this show for me.  I like hearing SMART women from all sides debate.  Not a show to see who can yell the loudest and who Meghan is going to insult on this day.  

• Love 24
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Also, it really bothers me when Whoopie dismisses the feminist movement, yes, some were racists against women of color. However, there were some women who were inspired by Black women and what they had to go through as Black women in America. I wish Whoopie would educate herself on certain things.  I was really shock to learn on how many Black women were part of the movement.  Gloria has always mentioned the Black women who were part of the struggle for equal rights for women. 

Whoopi is of a age is she lived through the feminist movement of the 70s/80s, so if Whoopi dismisses the movement for whatever reason, I don't have a problem with it.  Yes their are Black feminists, DESPITE the fact the feminist movement did not traditionally embrace Black women or causes important to Black women.  

Whoopi actually didn't bring up race into her feminism comments though.  It was MM who brought it up, mostly as a knock against feminism rather than really trying to support Whoopi's comments.  

• Love 13

Meghan was deranged today and it was both hilarious, and made me want to slap her in the face at the same time. She really thinks her style of aggressive arguing makes her some kind of fierce lioness rather than looking like a complete lunatic. I mean when you can't get even a token applause for shrieking how terrible terrorism is, you should realise you're making a fool of yourself. And those tears were hilarious, I haven't seen her this upset since, well since...

D1FJuSGXcAEH4Q2.jpg

• LOL 7
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, General Days said:

She really doesn't. I think Whoopi did a good job pushing back on her too, but I think she should have added like two more layers of explanation, and I'm not sure Meghan would have gotten it, even then.

Part of it with Meghan is willful ignorance. She would much rather latch onto a soundbite and pivot to spew a right wing talking point, even if it doesn't really tie back into the original premise of the discussion at hand.

She's not up for this job, ABC. It's not her politics. It's her lack of ability and professionalism.

About to is a start,  but she really needs take Meghan in hand.

I feel like every girl in the western world tried to wear that outfit to kindergarten, only to have mom say, "Oh honey, no. Let me explain..."

Yup.

Actually, I think a significant portion of the Bravo audience would hate-watch the stuffing out of that shit.

She's just horrible at this. 

I actually don't think people should be able to vote while they're in prison.

I also happen to think a whole lot of people who are in prison shouldn't be, or shouldn't be in prison for as long as they have been/will be. That too is a separate question.

Finally, I do think all ex-cons should have their voting rights restored upon release. Once they've paid their debt to society, they should be allowed to return to it. 

That has nothing to do with whether any single prisoner should ever be released, MEGHAN. 

Whether someone is released when they arguably shouldn't be doesn't even have anything to do with the voting-while-in-prison question, which was the hot topic subject, or with the related topic of restoring voting rights to former felons. 

Agree with all you said. Especially that their voting rights be restored upon release. That is all part of being a responsible member of society and should be encouraged.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

OK - I saw part of it: 

Meghan changes the discussion from "should people convicted of crimes have the right to vote?"   to   "Should the Boston Marathon bomber be let out of prison?"  

WHOOPI, HE KILLED PEOPLE!   (tears in her eyes)

jeebuz cripes Megazz is such a horrible bish. I stopped watching this show at least four or five weeks ago because I cant stand her and clearly they're keeping her around. I happened to be off of work yesterday and the show came on - I was sleeping during the first half but caught the shenanigans twds the end, including her shushing Joy. I see she is still the same insufferable twat she was when I stopped watching it. Now I go back to not watching this hot mess. They need to get rid of her. There has to be someone on the right that has some level of intelligence that would be a better fit...

• Love 13
5 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Oh she understands but her blue cards told her to keep hitting the point relentlessly to put her party in a better position.  In her mind anyway.

Speaking of blue cards - did anyone else notice during the Hot Topics (I think it was the second segment) - the women were all discussing something - maybe the "Real Housewives/feminist" topic, and the camera went to a wide shot of the entire table.  All of the women were engaging, and listening to each other's comments, and there Meghan sat, writing away on her blue cards, not looking up, not engaging -- UNTIL Whoopi called on her, like a second grade teacher would call on a student, to give her thoughts.

So rude!! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 17

I said quite a few times that normally we have a lot of fluff after a MM meltdown.....like yesterdays.

Could not be happier to see things changing. Thanks Whoopi.....and even Abby a little.

I think they have had it as well.

• Love 12

Whoopi sounded much better today.  Abby looked so uncomfortable. Joy was a little quieter today.  Sunny was smart and awesome.  Everyone already covered Megan. 

I enoyed Melinda Gates segment.  She was excellent at explaining her charity work and beliefs. Not sure why she was asked if she was a feminist.  Also not sure when feminist become a bad word. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, schroeder said:

When she got upset at Whoopi, it was almost like she was confused that Whoopi, who she likes, would disagree with her.

Meghan expects Whoopi to defend and protect her no matter why, where, or when (because that has been the pattern).  Whoopi has been her godmother so far...but things are lookin' dicey.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Holy hell.  Whoopi was about to open a can of whoop ass on Meghan.... 

Wonder if Whoopi doesn't read...doesn't care about these comments in her FAVOR!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

jeebuz cripes Megazz is such a horrible bish. I stopped watching this show at least four or five weeks ago because I cant stand her and clearly they're keeping her around. I happened to be off of work yesterday and the show came on - I was sleeping during the first half but caught the shenanigans twds the end, including her shushing Joy. I see she is still the same insufferable twat she was when I stopped watching it. Now I go back to not watching this hot mess. They need to get rid of her. There has to be someone on the right that has some level of intelligence that would be a better fit...

Rachel Campos-Duffy would not be the replacement conservative needed. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I haven't watched this show regularly for years; so maybe I shouldn't weigh in with my opinion.  So.  I hope I'm wrong, but I have a horrible feeling that M McCain may be the last person standing.  I have never been able to tolerate her; the classic Born on Third Base Thinking She Hit a Triple.  Then trading off her father's death to stay relevant.  But that is just it...she sucks up all the air and attention and I am afraid network execs think this is what brings in ratings.  The awfulness of her behavior, the disrespect she shows for everyone on the show.. that seems to be her schtick.  And the fact that she hasn't been given some sort of "time out" says a lot.  

• Love 21

So, this national tv show spends, I mean wastes several minutes letting MM misconstrue/hijack the issue, AND wastes more time as Whoopi tries to tell MM that her protests are NOT THE fucking issue.

Moronic. 

So this is what ABC wants the View to be. 

Disgusting low class television. 

I sincerely hope Joy talked to Whoops last week about letting MM continue to disrespect Joy--who is supposedly an longtime friend of Whoops--and asking why that is ok....promise to Daddy McCain notwithstanding. 

I also wonder if Joy asked Whoops how she feels about MM taking this show down this stupid road of screeching craziness that confirms the worst stereotypes of women not conversing intelligently --AND if the legacy of this current MM shitshow is what Whoops wants to leave as moderator of this once venerated (at least BW's original idea) show?  

Does Whoops care at all?

Or does Whoops even give a fuck beyond the $? 

• Love 18

I think Whoopi is beginning to care less about her pet and how she now sees MM is not popular.

And I think ABC is beginning to see MM is not a great role model as a republican. Especially not next year - the election year.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 11
39 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

And I think ABC is beginning to see MM is not a great role model as a republican. Especially not next year - the election year.

How I wish you were right about this, but unfortunately I think ABC probably loves all of the headlines MM is creating and the attention that the show is getting from that. It's exactly as Tosia described above, in that it is moronic, low class television. I wonder if it will end up taking Joy threatening to leave before something is done about the McCain brat.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Phyllis Schalafly was probably her IDOL.

Phyllis may be Sunny's idol too; she also wore her makeup to bed and I remember her telling housewives to spice up their marriages so their hubby wouldn't have affairs. One of her suggestions was to spend the day perfecting your hair & makeup and then stripping and wrapping yourself in Saran Wrap to greet hubby when he comes home from a hard day at work. Maybe that is what Meghan has on under her garish big-print blouses and skirts.  It can probably be wrapped tighter than Spanx.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Phyllis may be Sunny's idol too; she also wore her makeup to bed and I remember her telling housewives to spice up their marriages so their hubby wouldn't have affairs.

I do think it is unfortunate that Sunny, an accomplished, beautiful woman, thinks she needs to look all that when she wakes up in the morning.  I simply don't get that.  Sure, you don't want to look like crap, but just waking up with no make up is a bad thing?  No.  Do these people every work out together or go to the beach?

But she is no Phyllis Schlafly.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

Phyllis may be Sunny's idol too; she also wore her makeup to bed and I remember her telling housewives to spice up their marriages so their hubby wouldn't have affairs. One of her suggestions was to spend the day perfecting your hair & makeup and then stripping and wrapping yourself in Saran Wrap to greet hubby when he comes home from a hard day at work. Maybe that is what Meghan has on under her garish big-print blouses and skirts.  It can probably be wrapped tighter than Spanx.

I think that was Marabel Morgan in A Total Woman. I think Phyllis was more teach your children to idolize their father. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, bannana said:

I do think it is unfortunate that Sunny, an accomplished, beautiful woman, thinks she needs to look all that when she wakes up in the morning.  I simply don't get that.  Sure, you don't want to look like crap, but just waking up with no make up is a bad thing?  No.  Do these people every work out together or go to the beach?

I love Sunny for her smarts and I think she is beautiful. 

I wish she wasn't so insecure about her marrisge to Manny. I'm positive that if they ever ever divorced, Sunny would find a man, or many men,  who adore her and want to please her,  vs. Sunny trying to please Manny.

She doesnt realize her incredible beauty, personality, awesome intelligence, and accomplishments that she brings to this marriage. 

Some crazy ideas/experiences from her past is making her hold on tightly to this perception of keeping her marriage intact at all costs (to her  ).  Love shouldn't be that rigidly one-sided.  I was that way.  

Oh, BTW,  MM says, " Republican woman are not allowed to be feminists".????????  WTF? 

In your mind only MM or your hubbies influence.  MM's two-faces rears it's over-madeup head. She's a shark , but is not allowed to be something/anything?  Right. 

More like --feminism-- doesn't fit into your tribe's narrative. No one gives a fuck about anything you are or say. I believe MM's arguments are fighting with themselves in her head.  She is not strong/smart enough to take a real stand. 

It's not on the blue card  talking points (that hubbie dictstes). 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, cathaireverywhere said:

Watching Tuesday's episode, and I think Meghan's eyelashes grow with each childish outburst. Each time she would look down at her cards, I was so distracted by those centipedes hanging off her eyes.

Like Pinocchio?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Tosia said:
5 hours ago, bannana said:

I wish she wasn't so insecure about her marrisge to Manny. I'm positive that if they ever ever divorced, Sunny would find a man, or many men,  who adore her and want to please her,  vs. Sunny trying to please Manny.

She doesnt realize her incredible beauty, personality, awesome intelligence, and accomplishments that she brings to this marriage. 

Some crazy ideas/experiences from her past is making her hold on tightly to this perception of keeping her marriage intact at all costs (to her  ).  Love shouldn't be that rigidly one-sided.  I was that way.  

Or Manny contributes to her feeling that way.  I was involved with a few different men who made me feel insecure as a way to keep me with them.

1 hour ago, Tosia said:

Oh, BTW,  MM says, " Republican woman are not allowed to be feminists".????????  WTF? 

1 hour ago, Tosia said:

More like --feminism-- doesn't fit into your tribe's narrative. No one gives a fuck about anything you are or say. I believe MM's arguments are fighting with themselves in her head.  She is not strong/smart enough to take a real stand. 

I really hope Republican women push back on what Meghan said.  

• Love 9

I was really glad when MM was yelling at her peers if they thought the Boston bomber should be able to vote, no one answered. Even Abby was silent. Talk about setting your co workers up for a no win-clickbait moment.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

In your mind only MM or your hubbies influence.  MM's two-faces rears it's over-madeup head. She's a shark , but is not allowed to be something/anything?  Right. 

It's not on the blue card  talking points (that hubbie dictstes). 

I think it stems from her Catholic faith and not Manny.  I grew up Catholic and the church is very clear about divorce gender roles and children. It is why she is Pro-life.  I also think her education gave her an open mind, while she is pro-life for herself, she will not impose her beliefs on other women.  Sunny calls herself a feminist. Not too many women who are pro-life would call themselves that. Sunny is complex like most people, a mixed bag of contradictions. I don't think it is fair to say that Manny is the root cause of her insecurities.  Also, Manny is of Caribbean descent and machismo is part of Caribbean culture and I grew up with men like Manny.  So there are a lot of layers to unpack..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think it stems from her Catholic faith and not Manny.  I grew up Catholic and the church is very clear about divorce gender roles and children. It is why she is Pro-life.  I also think her education gave her an open mind, while she is pro-life for herself, she will not impose her beliefs on other women.  Sunny calls herself a feminist. Not too many women who are pro-life would call themselves that. Sunny is complex like most people, a mixed bag of contradictions. I don't think it is fair to say that Manny is the root cause of her insecurities. 

I grew up Catholic..went to parochial school,  attended mass on 6 days a week, etc.  Time changes some things.  

Abt 20 (?) years ago, I was very happy to aee girls serving at the altar, and adult women reading scripture at the front podium for mass.

I go to church when I go back to Nebraska to visit family; otherwise I attend a progressive Unity church in a different state. 

I am wholeheartedly pro-choice, and have escorted women into clinics amid vile, insulting protesters. 

I would say that Sunny's insecure perceptions of her marriage stem from Manny, Catholicism, her traditional family,  and her own idealistic dreams for her life.  

I would LOVE  for her to be as confident in her own home, as she is smart in the courtroom and on TV.  

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I grew up Catholic..went to parochial school,  attended mass on 6 days a week, etc.  Time changes some things.  

Abt 20 (?) years ago, I was very happy to aee girls serving at the altar, and adult women reading scripture at the front podium for mass.

I go to church when I go back to Nebraska to visit family; otherwise I attend a progressive Unity church in a different state. 

I am wholeheartedly pro-choice, and have escorted women into clinics amid vile, insulting protesters. 

I would say that Sunny's insecure perceptions of her marriage stem from Manny, Catholicism, her traditional family,  and her own idealistic dreams for her life.  

I would LOVE  for her to be as confident in her own home, as she is smart in the courtroom and on TV.  

True! things change. I used to be pro-life myself until college. Don't forget that her parents got a divorce and we don't know how that affected her rigid views of marriage.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6