Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/22/2019

falltime
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, bannana said:

Well, then NutMeg could have just asked the question of the guest without be rude about it, and not snarling against her co-host whilst doing so.

I came here to say something similar but you beat me to it.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I was half expecting men to come running from back stage with a stretcher and a straitjacket for Meghan and finally cart her away.

I thought the same thing when she walked out in that getup.  Polka dot blouse and plaid skirt?  The official outfit of a crazy person.

• LOL 16
  • Love 7

All I got so far - Meghan's stylist needs a lesson in combining patterns, especially on a larger woman.  You can combine polka dots and plaid, as long as the patterns are not the same size or scale.  

If Meghan's blouse had a smaller polka dot pattern, it would look 1,000% better.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 8

I would have a lot more respect for Abby if she wasn’t always looking to Meghan apologetically whenever she disagrees with her. She even has to put a disclaimer out there- “we can disagree on this”

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

Okay - I got something else - I think Meghan chose her own outfit, and I think she did her own makeup.

Those false eyelashes look ridiculous - they are waaaay too long.  You can actually see her own lashes (which look pretty significant) sticking out from the falsies when she's in profile.

And, yes, as I said yesterday - Meghan really does want to be on a "reality" tv show - housewives, etc.  It's so obvious.  I wonder if she could pitch a show to Andy Cohen and Bravo - "Real Republican Housewives" or "Conservative Couples".  NM - she'd have to bring the show to Fox, because even Andy Cohen, wouldn't be stupid enough to put that on Bravo!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

We are living in an especially disgusting period of time where bad behaviour gets rewarded.  Her Instagram and Twitter posts are getting more and more obnoxious and are proving that she is feeling extra confident that she is responsible for the show's spike in ratings.  

If Joy decides to leave, ratings will plummet (I only came back when Joy did). MM will find that it wasn't all about her. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

OK - I saw part of it: 

Meghan changes the discussion from "should people convicted of crimes have the right to vote?"   to   "Should the Boston Marathon bomber be let out of prison?"  

WHOOPI, HE KILLED PEOPLE!   (tears in her eyes)

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
18 minutes ago, Jewell2 said:

I would have a lot more respect for Abby if she wasn’t always looking to Meghan apologetically whenever she disagrees with her. She even has to put a disclaimer out there- “we can disagree on this”

This is exactly why best pals/sisters shouldn't be on the show together. If Abby wasn't Meghan's best pal, it wouldn't happen.

Abby is such a flake.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, jalady said:

And just to be a total asshat, she lies about what Senator Harris said last night. 

Did you hear the way she said her name?  She said “it’s not good enough, Kamala” and the way in which she said 'Kamala' was just dripping in disdain.

Edited by Cementhead
I misquoted the comment and fixed it. Thank you TV Diva Queen.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
40 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Well, thank you, Meghan McCain, for once again, ruining my enjoyment of the show.  I would have loved to hear more from Melinda Gates - she sounds like a wonderful, sharing, compassionate and interesting woman.  BUT - because you, Meghan, had to go on another tirade in Hot Topics, the guest interview time was obviously cut short.  

Please, Meghan - go start up a Youtube show, or podcast, so that you can talk, bitch, scream and whatever you want to do all by youself!!!  

I can see her doing a Limbaugh type show - ranting into a microphone for hours.

• LOL 8
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I have noticed whenever the topic of having the very rich pay more Abby looks stricken.  What's wrong Abby?  You afraid your inheritance might be subject to more taxes?

This also applies to MM. She never has anything to say re the very rich paying more.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

I have noticed whenever the topic of having the very rich pay more Abby looks stricken.  What's wrong Abby?  You afraid your inheritance might be subject to more taxes?

I think Whoopi's tax rants have scared the shit out of her.  She was probably clueless* about anything to do with taxes before she joined the show and now she's horrified about losing all of her money to taxes (and bike lanes) thanks to Whoopi.

*and still is clueless about pretty much everything else. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I disagree with Roxanne Gay.  Yes it's true women should be able to be their true selves. But that doesn't mean if their true self is a woman who screams and throws insults around she should be celebrated.

Amen.

Whatever happened to balance?  My mom used to look at women like those on the housewives and the view...and say they didnt know the art of a put down.  The recipe for shade is to shade someone without them realizing they've been shaded.  A lost art form.

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, General Days said:

Part of it with Meghan is willful ignorance. She would much rather latch onto a soundbite and pivot to spew a right wing talking point, even if it doesn't really tie back into the original premise of the discussion at hand.

Meghan's goal was to be able to come up with the talking point that DEMOCRATS want TERRORISTS to have voting rights!     So she can scream it from the roof tops. 

And just yesterday she was ranting about how trump is president because the liberals DEMONIZED conservatives.   I guess she needed to demonstrate what "demonize" means.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
30 minutes ago, General Days said:

Whether someone is released when they arguably shouldn't be doesn't even have anything to do with the voting-while-in-prison question, which was the hot topic subject, or with the related topic of restoring voting rights to former felons. 

And Meghan couldn't or wouldn't comprehend that.  She just kept screaming the word terrorist.  And she said her brother didn't join the military to fight for terrorists to come here and vote or something like that.  So I guess she thinks terrorists come here, become citizens and then vote either before or after they are released from prison.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 13

I think Joy addressed the nuance of Bernie's comments the best and it was done using fewer words than anyone else on the panel. You cannot ignore that there are innocent people sitting in jails. You can't ignore that there are people who are serving jail time for petty crimes like marijuana possession and that minorities are more likely to serve those kinds of crimes than white people. I don't believe those types of people should be sitting in jail, having their freedom and their rights infringed upon, but it's not practical to think that you can begin to decipher all the categories and fairly apply them. His 'slippery slope' comment led me to the interpretation that if we are relying on the judgment of other humans, then we are relying on a flawed system that will decide on whether someone's rights are being infringed. I guess it's like the saying that it's better to let 100 guilty men go free than to convict one innocent man. It's better for all prisoners to have their voting rights than to deny all of them (which includes those who don't deserve to be there). But again, like Joy said, it's not practical.

I'm not surprised that Meghan didn't understand the point made and went off on a tangent thinking that Bernie's point was to advocate for terrorists. It's outstanding how dim this woman is and how unable she is to follow a point...or maybe that's intentional. She didn't even understand Sunny's point that low-level crimes ARE part of the conversation and you can't separate them because no matter what crime you are serving in jail, you don't have the right to vote while imprisoned.  Also Meghan, someone's response 'not being good enough for you' does not give you the right to turn their response into an attempt to co-sign the comments of someone else. Did I mention that she's so fucking dumb? She threw out a hypothetical question and so she got a hypothetical answer she turned that into 'omg you guys are advocating for the rights of terrorist'. They were trying to explain to her dumb ass that the only way a terrorist should be able to vote is if they served their time and was allowed back into society because that is what the constitution says should happen. Isn't she supposed to be the fucking Constitutional advocate? So she's against the Constitutional as it relates to a hypothetical terrorist being released back into society but the Constitutional is unwavering when it comes to AR-15s because it says you're allowed to own a musket in order to protect yourself from a rebel government?

• Love 23