Type keyword(s) to search

Say Something Nice about Your Least Favorite Actor

• Start Topic

I really love Seth McFarlane's taste in music and movies. Damn him!

I like that Jason Mamoa is, as of this posting, happily married to an older woman. I'm always glad to read about men in Hollywood in committed relationships with older women.

• Love 8

I don't know though, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and his wife kind of creep me out because he was literally a teenager when they met. It'd be different for me if they had started the relationship when he was in his mid-20's and she was in her late 40's, but I really have to side-eye someone who's 42 who decides to date an 18-year old.

• Love 8
(edited)
29 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I don't know though, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and his wife kind of creep me out because he was literally a teenager when they met. It'd be different for me if they had started the relationship when he was in his mid-20's and she was in her late 40's, but I really have to side-eye someone who's 42 who decides to date an 18-year old.

Point taken. I was referring to men who were, y'know, men when they began their relationships. Jason Momoa, Chris Hemsworth, Alfred Molina, Nick Offerman, and Hugh Jackman were all legitimate adults when they met their significant others. 

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Oh, I definitely side eye too. Once they hit about 23 or so I don't really care if their dating someone who's ten or twenty years older then them. But when one of them is that young? Yeah, that's weird. I have hard time buying they have anything in common or the much older person in the relationship is anything but weird, perv or abusive.  Maybe I'm more used to that being the case.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Tara Reid is the best thing about Josie and the Pussycats. Yeah, I can't believe it, either.

I would have never guessed that Rosario Dawson would wind up having the biggest career of the Pussycats and Rachel Leigh Cook would be stuck doing Hallmark movies.

• LOL 3
(edited)
On 7/4/2020 at 12:18 PM, methodwriter85 said:

He's also really great at playing psychotic villains. I don't get why he doesn't play more of them.

If you were part of a cast or crew on a set with Mr. Wahlberg doing that, would YOU want to chance him NOT 'turning it off' when the director yelled 'Cut!'?

Edited by Blergh
16 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I can't stand Cruise's personal life as a clam, but I gotta applaud him for taking this Covid19 stuff serious. 

I hate him for making me agree with him. lol But good on him for ripping those selfish morons a new one. 

• Love 5
On 12/17/2020 at 1:49 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I can't stand Cruise's personal life as a clam, but I gotta applaud him for taking this Covid19 stuff serious. 

I agree  you with re the latter (and wish he could be sicced on Mssrs. Baio and Cameron for their tudes) but what do you mean re Mr. Cruise's 'personal life as a clam'? His associations seem at best controversial and at worst dubious but I'm failing to understand how his interactions (and non-interactions) with his exes and offspring have any resemblance to the lifestyles of  bivalve mollusks. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Will Smith keeps his kids employed, and thus off the dole, I guess?

I seriously doubt either of the younger Smiths will be remotely in the realm of collecting cans and selling plasma to buy ramen noodles and potted meat product. 

• Love 1
On 12/20/2020 at 2:51 PM, caracas1914 said:

Ali McGraw looked good in a beret.

And she had a little more depth than wallpaper.

What am I saying? Carol Burnett's comic spoof of Miss McGraw's Love Story performance in which Miss Burnett's character had five minutes to live but she requested a four-minute egg had more depth than either of the above!

Edited by Blergh
egg timing
  • LOL 6
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 11:44 PM, Blergh said:

I seriously doubt either of the younger Smiths will be remotely in the realm of collecting cans and selling plasma to buy ramen noodles and potted meat product. 

But one can always hope.

Hey, I was just trying to say something nice about a family of celebrities I find to be a useless waste of oxygen.  At least Will casting his kids in stuff in which I have no interest keeps them off any tv or movie screen I'll ever be watching, I guess.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 2
On 12/23/2020 at 11:54 AM, proserpina65 said:

But one can always hope.

Hey, I was just trying to say something nice about a family of celebrities I find to be a useless waste of oxygen.  At least Will casting his kids in stuff in which I have no interest keeps them off any tv or movie screen I'll ever be watching, I guess.

What's funny is that neither one of the kids wanted to get into showbiz. Jaden says he never wanted to act--his dad pushed him. Willow now says she never wanted to make "Whip My Hair" --her parents pushed her to do it. 

They don't seem like terrible children (young adults). But it seems like they grew up without a lot of guidance from their parents except in regards to the entertainment industry. They act bored and directionless. Jada and Will have both said interviews that their kids can literally do whatever they want--and this is when they were little kids.  Freedom is good, but if your kids are lost, a little support never hurts. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, topanga said:

Jada and Will have both said interviews that their kids can literally do whatever they want--and this is when they were little kids.  Freedom is good, but if your kids are lost, a little support never hurts. 

Jaden is a little odd and I don't know much about Willow, but if it's true that they could do whatever they wanted, they're lucky the kids didn't go the Drew Barrymore route. Her mother also thought she deserved privacy and freedom from a young age.

• Love 2
On 1/20/2021 at 3:42 PM, topanga said:

What's funny is that neither one of the kids wanted to get into showbiz. Jaden says he never wanted to act--his dad pushed him. Willow now says she never wanted to make "Whip My Hair" --her parents pushed her to do it. 

Jada and Will have both said interviews that their kids can literally do whatever they want--and this is when they were little kids.  Freedom is good, but if your kids are lost, a little support never hurts. 

Yeah, the elder Smiths  claimed that the younger Smiths  could   have done ' whatever they want/ed'- except opt NOT to perform but their parents couldn't just let them be on THAT issue!  Oh and it's not as though the elder Smiths would have been destitute had they not pushed their kids to make public spectacles of themselves!BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, OK, something positive. . ..Well, I guess it's positive that the younger Smiths are now calling out their parents for having done this. Perhaps this will get other potential stage parents to back off. Perhaps. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 3

Well, here's a good one- because Jaden Smith clearly didn't want to a do a sequel of the Karate Kid reboot despite the good reception critic-wise and box office-wise, the Cobra Kai people were allowed by Will Smith to make a Karate Kid series. If the movie series had taken off as a franchise, I don't think we would have seen Cobra Kai. Cobra Kai was probably pitched circa 2016 or so...at this point I think they knew a Jaden Smith Karate Kid 2 was never going to happen.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1