Type keyword(s) to search

S11 E23: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

no one on these shows makes close to 5million a season there is no way ......they make money off endorsements and stuff but even bravo gets a cut of that .... I think the most anyone on these shows make is 2million which is a lot of money but its not 5 mil

I agree, and 2 mil is probably stretching it. Can't even imagine anybody thinks Nene is worth that. These BRAVO execs are nuts. 

• Love 7
On 4/21/2019 at 10:27 PM, announcergirl said:

It was Cynthia’s party. Whether she knew or not is immaterial. She has the right to invite whom ever she wishes to have, to HER party.

NeNe demands unrealistically high expectations of loyalty—which I’ve never seen her uphold on this show. Not even to poor Greg. Yet, she wants her mere girlfriends to have this type of unconditional devotion. Bullshit.

I have/had a friend like that. Her absence from my life brings/brought me immense peace. 

Nene is awful. It's not loyalty it's complete submission to her that she demands. If you aren't bowing, cringing and kissing her ass, you are being disloyal in her pea brain. Never mind that kind of loyalty, Nene can't even go five minutes without dissing her "little sister" Porscha about her pregnancy. Everything we've seen out if her this season is a product if her jealousy over anyone else being the center of attention and pathalogical entitlement.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 18

Wouldn’t Nene and Gregg be covered by SAG insurance?  

That's a great question. When the reality TV scene first began, the media talked about how the participants were officially understood to not be actors, and thereby not eligible for SAG and AFTRA membership and not protected by union and acting industry rules. That arrangement was a cash cow for producers and networks. My understanding is those rules still apply today (former AFTRA member here).

However NeNe acted in Glee, so I don't know if she became eligible for SAG membership. Seems like she would have shouted it from the rooftops when it happened.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I knew this was MTO News before I even clicked on the link. They are the only outlet that's ever reported that number and they don't really do any research or fact checking so I would say that number is highly suspect and to take it with a grain of salt...less than a grain of salt.

Radar online reported that Nene just received a raise went to 2.8 mill , not sure how credible that is. I don't understand why since she was fined 200 thousand for attacking the staff. Haven't heard anymore regarding Cynthia returning to the show.

• Love 1
On 4/22/2019 at 8:51 PM, Jeanne222 said:

This is probably unpopular but I'd like to say goodbye to Nene and hello to Kim Z!  I'm so tired of nene and I really enjoy Kim on Tardy!

Kim Z doesn't fit anymore, especially if she doesn't have Nene or Sheree as foils.  Who is Kim Z going to hang with? Eva? Tanya? Shemari? I guess she could hang out with Kandi.  She basically sat on the Season 10 reunion and got her BBQ Becky on with being "scared" of the African American women.  No thanks, Kim Z needs to stay tardy for the party and don't come back to RHOA.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Kim Z doesn't fit anymore, especially if she doesn't have Nene or Sheree as foils.  Who is Kim Z going to hang with? Eva? Tanya? Shemari? I guess she could hang out with Kandi.  She basically sat on the Season 10 reunion and got her BBQ Becky on with being "scared" of the African American women.  No thanks, Kim Z needs to stay tardy for the party and don't come back to RHOA.

Not that I want Kim Z. back on the show but they could make it work if they wanted to. I think the issue with Kim is less to do with her not having many existing relationships on the cast that make her a seamless fit and more to do with her better than you attitude because she has her own show on the side. Kim's returned failed because she walked back into the group thinking she was above everyone else. She treated the show like it was her 'doing this shit for fun' income while everyone else was working to pay their bills, therefore, she didn't feel the need to put in much effort.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Not that I want Kim Z. back on the show but they could make it work if they wanted to. I think the issue with Kim is less to do with her not having many existing relationships on the cast that make her a seamless fit and more to do with her better than you attitude because she has her own show on the side. Kim's returned failed because she walked back into the group thinking she was above everyone else. She treated the show like it was her 'doing this shit for fun' income while everyone else was working to pay their bills, therefore, she didn't feel the need to put in much effort.

These women will make anything work for the money they are being paid. Kim Z who swore she would never return would come back if the price was right.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, byrd said:

These women will make anything work for the money they are being paid. Kim Z who swore she would never return would come back if the price was right. The only that could afford to walk away is Kandi.

• Love 1

I just saw on Instagram that Cynthia secured her Peach for next season. Of course Porsha and Kandi and Nene.. no reports on Eva or Tanya yet ?  Marlo returning as a friend again. Shamari may be a friend or she may be gone not sure. Rumors on Kenya returning, I am not a fan of Kenya's but I would like her shady ass to return.  

Edited by byrd
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I really hate that this reunion was ALL ABOUT NeNe.  She is just horrible.

When you sit directly next to Andy..it's going to be all about you. Porsha and Nene were the headline cast members this season.. Remember last season, Phaedra and Kandi were next to Andy.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:45 AM, pasdetrois said:

That's a great question. When the reality TV scene first began, the media talked about how the participants were officially understood to not be actors, and thereby not eligible for SAG and AFTRA membership and not protected by union and acting industry rules. That arrangement was a cash cow for producers and networks. My understanding is those rules still apply today (former AFTRA member here).

However NeNe acted in Glee, so I don't know if she became eligible for SAG membership. Seems like she would have shouted it from the rooftops when it happened.

They maybe just have regular health insurance they pay for . most likely a premium policy. They can afford low deductibles for a higher price.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, byrd said:

These women will make anything work for the money they are being paid. Kim Z who swore she would never return would come back if the price was right.

It's not that I don't think Kim Z will never come back. It's just that I don't think she's a right fit for this show anymore because she seems to have an overall disinterest in engaging with any of the women or even being a part of the show in general. It's hard to establish relationships and have a role on the show if you act like you're better than all the other women because you have your own show, and therefore, you don't need to really engage with them. Because that's how Kim's attitude was coming into last season and it was without reason. Nobody had pissed her off, nobody had her name in their mouth, nobody was instigating shit with her.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

It's not that I don't think Kim Z will never come back. It's just that I don't think she's a right fit for this show anymore because she seems to have an overall disinterest in engaging with any of the women or even being a part of the show in general. It's hard to establish relationships and have a role on the show if you act like you're better than all the other women because you have your own show, and therefore, you don't need to really engage with them. Because that's how Kim's attitude was coming into last season and it was without reason. Nobody had pissed her off, nobody had her name in their mouth, nobody was instigating shit with her.

True, Kandi also confronted her last season regarding her non participation with the group. Which she always used her husband and that litter of kids as her excuse.  Right , she's not a good fit at this stage, her time has passed with RHOA I agree. Who knows maybe she could hang out with Eva and Tanya?

4 hours ago, byrd said:

I just saw on Instagram that Cynthia secured her Peach for next season. Of course Porsha and Kandi and Nene.. no reports on Eva or Tanya yet ?  Marlo returning as a friend again. Shamari may be a friend or she may be gone not sure. Rumors on Kenya returning, I am not a fan of Kenya's but I would like her shady ass to return.  

NeNe is back?  🤢🤢

• Love 1
2 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I read some BS somewhere that NeNe wanted Phaedra to come back so she's have someone to film with and that Kandi said, "If Phaedra comes back, I'm gone."  Anyone else hear that?

That was the word on the street 😜

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I read some BS somewhere that NeNe wanted Phaedra to come back so she's have someone to film with and that Kandi said, "If Phaedra comes back, I'm gone."  Anyone else hear that?

Good on Kandi, I am glad that she took a stand against Phaedra a vile and dangerous person.

• Love 9
On 4/25/2019 at 6:32 PM, goofygirl said:

On 4/25/2019 at 8:51 PM, Stats Queen said:

That was the word on the street 😜

That word on the street is Nene. Nene seems to think that Kandi stating that she won't be back if Phaedra is in the cast is some lowdown gross form of manipulation instead of what it actually is--Kandi's terms and conditions. Bravo is free to agree to Kandi's terms or reject them and wish Kandi well. If Bravo feels like Kandi is more valuable to the show than Phaedra, they'll agree to her terms. If they don't, they may bring Phaedra back. If they think Kandi and Phaedra have equivalent value, they present a counter offer. But Nene's so busy being a tantrum throwing toddler with no reason or empathy that you can't explain any of this to her.

I love how Nene has decided to be a warrior for Phaedra who has suffered the worst of injustices--having her nasty bullshit, schemes, and lies blow up in her face and cost her a job. This is the same Phaedra that Nene insisted she didn't know despite growing up in the same town, attending the same schools, and having people in common like Nene's siblings who were Phaedra's friends. Nene only started being friendly with Phaedra because they both couldn't stand Kenya. It was less a friendship and more like a temporary alliance.

"Ummmmmm, who here doesn't want to be killed by an army of ice zombies? I have this wacky idea. How about we work together to stop the ice zombie army? Once we stop them, we can go back to killing each other with dragons, direwolves, wildfire, smoke monster children, eunuch army, poison lipstick, half feral wildling hillbillies, and a different type of zombified warrior." That's more or less what has united Nene and Phaedra in this great friendship.

• Love 7
On 4/24/2019 at 4:53 PM, ButterQueen said:

I really hate that this reunion was ALL ABOUT NeNe.  She is just horrible.

Yeah, if she's back, and she will be, I'll nope out of the season like I did this year in BH and last year with OC. Nene with her bullying is awful to watch. There was nothing redeamable about her this year. I don't really care if she's going through something, she couldn't even apologize for getting physical with a pregnant woman. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Yeah, if she's back, and she will be, I'll nope out of the season like I did this year in BH and last year with OC. Nene with her bullying is awful to watch. There was nothing redeamable about her this year. I don't really care if she's going through something, she couldn't even apologize for getting physical with a pregnant woman. 

Very much in agreement.  Nene and Marlo are thugs in cocktail dresses.  I'm out.

• Love 7
On 4/22/2019 at 12:58 PM, bichonblitz said:

I think Cynthia is lying and I don't even care. That's how much I dislike Nene. 

Marlo needs to stfu. Eva said last night she has had relationships with women. Which makes her bisexual or fluid or what ever she wants to call it. End of story. She's married to a man now. So what's Marlo's point?  Marlo makes it sound like Eva did something wrong, ugly, unacceptable and she wants to call her out on it. I'm surprised Andy Cohen wasn't offended at her "accusing" Eva of being with women. She needs a peach shoved in her mouth. Permanently.

One of Andy's go-to questions for women on WWHL is have they dipped in the lady pond so I'm not surprised.

• Love 3

So, another cycle of Nene starting as a beloved housewife and ending despised has come to pass. I only managed to barely watch the first ep before bailing and forgetting to watch again.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:36 PM, artisto said:

When I was in the Army...one of my duty stations was Augusta GA

This is where I first met a flying cockroach.

Just wow

I'm from Toledo OH...those guys aren't up there

Hilton Head SC...has many, many cockroaches...

Wasn't there a scene with flying cockroaches when the gals took a trip to SC (or maybe it was Savanah, GA)?

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:32 PM, goofygirl said:

Good for Kandi! I wouldn't want to be there if Phaedra returned.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:49 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

It is strange that these women think calling someone a lesbian is some sort of insult...maybe it is a cultural/homophobic thing but it is not the salacious thing it might have been at one time, I mean, who really cares if any of these women have had a same sex relationship.

Have they noticed that their paychecks are signed by Andy who is gay? 

And while we are on that subject, why didn't he say anything about that "accusation?"  

I think it has been conjectured that Andy is something of a misogynist; my theory is he loves that it brings controversy and viewers.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, NotChristine said:

One of Andy's go-to questions for women on WWHL is have they dipped in the lady pond so I'm not surprised.

Does Andy ever ask the Straight men that question? Have they ever been with other men. Andy fetishizes same sex relationships between women like some straight men. I find it odd that as a Gay man that he would do this.  Not to mention, what if a woman  who has been with other women, but, does not want to share it with the world. There are still homophobes in the world who hate LGBT people for whatever reason.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I watched Porsha's Having A Baby last night and it was the best reality show I've seen all season, much better than RHOA.  The more I see of Dennis, the more I like him. I believe he really loves Porsha and the baby . I also loved they way he stood up to his mother respectfully and humbly to let her know that she was crossing a line, and that he and Porsha are both adults and can make their own decisions regarding their living situation. I feel they both should rent out their current homes and get a house together after they are married if this is an option.  Porsha and Dennis are very happy. Blessings on them both. However no relationship is without drama, next week it seems the mothers are at odds. Lol !!!

Edited by byrd
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, byrd said:

I watched Porsha's Having A Baby last night and it was the best reality show I've seen all season, much better than RHOA.  The more I see of Dennis, the more I like him. I believe he really loves Porsha and the baby . I also loved they way he stood up to his mother respectfully and humbly to let her know that she was crossing a line, and that he and Porsha are both adults and can make their own decisions regarding their living situation. I feel they both should rent out their current homes and get a house together after they are married if this is an option.  Porsha and Dennis are very happy. Blessings on them both. However no relationship is without drama, next week it seems the mothers are at odds. Lol !!!

I loved it too. Porsha is just so extra, she cracks me up!  I’m thinking we can talk about it here, the show is called RHOA, PIHAB. Her entrance at the baby shower was hilarious. So inappropriate!  I loved when she ran up her stairs because they shot her down for a 24 hour nanny, then crying in her bedroom saying she needs help because she can’t move. Dang, girl took those steps two at a time. 😂😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I loved it too. Porsha is just so extra, she cracks me up!  I’m thinking we can talk about it here, the show is called RHOA, PIHAB. Her entrance at the baby shower was hilarious. So inappropriate!  I loved when she ran up her stairs because they shot her down for a 24 hour nanny, then crying in her bedroom saying she needs help because she can’t move. Dang, girl took those steps two at a time. 😂😂

raises hand sheepishly.   It was cute.  They're sweet together.  

Dennis needs to keep their business out his mama mouth.  Even after the leave n' cleave speech she was like this concerns me!  How Sway?  Please be seated.

Porsha was on a whole one for even having that meeting.  She said well that same energy you came with being excited about PJ is the same energy I need you to come with when it's time to pick this baby up at 3am.   I know that's right!  But it ain't quite how a village works lol.  PJ got an entire mama and an entire daddy, there's a phone-tree.   That's not what made her flee the scene though Queen, she ran upstairs upon hearing that Dennis put an offer on that playa mansion in Buckhead, combined with what she already knew about him renting his house out when he had promised to sell it.  So 3 things:  (1) he's acting like a singleton, when partners discuss stuff like putting an offer on a house, (2) he's reminding her of how easily Kordell unentwined or more accurately, never fully committed because he was also supposed to have sold his house once they were married and (3) nobody, including his nosey ass mama checked him about how inappropriate it was to make that move without talking to her.  They were all like oh girl pish posh, that man wanted to surprise you.  I was on her side, hormones and all.  Surprise, my ass, let your man buy a house you ain't sign off on, call and tell me how you feel.   They did shut her down about a day-shift nanny for sure but she laughed that off.   

• Love 7

I watched the special too and I thought it was cute. There was drama but nothing that seemed like it was trying too hard. I get her being upset about the offer on the Buckhead house. While she liked certain aspects of the home, she made it clear enough that it was a party home, not a family home. I get not wanting to move 9 months into your pregnancy or soon after your baby is born but I think a fair compromise is for both of them to look for a family home together that they can both agree on and once that's done, they both sell their homes. I did get a good laugh at her crying over needing the help because she can't do anything because she's too big and can barely walk up two stairs without getting winded...meanwhile she just saw her run up the damn stairs, big belly and all, lol. 

Dennis' mom looks like she's a meddler but I thought it was a good sign that he told his mom that she was overstepping her boundaries when speaking on his and Porsha's relationship. 

Her baby shower looked beautiful. Turned out much better than her gender reveal, lol.

• Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:03 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

With all respect, that's a pretty low bar, lol.  I haven't seen it, what did you like about it?

Okay, what I liked about it was the fact that it was playful , joyful, and just seeing Porsha trying to schedule the grandparents for baby duty was hilarious to me.  Porsha is a spoiled baby herself and feeling quite overwhelmed . I am just happy to see a reality show right now that I know will end on a good note.  Porsha and Dennis are happy now, and I like seeing that .

• Love 5
7 hours ago, byrd said:

Okay, what I liked about it was the fact that it was playful , joyful, and just seeing Porsha trying to schedule the grandparents for baby duty was hilarious to me.  Porsha is a spoiled baby herself and feeling quite overwhelmed . I am just happy to see a reality show right now that I know will end on a good note.  Porsha and Dennis are happy now, and I like seeing that .

We can all use more playful and joyful, especially on the Bravo network!  Thanks for sharing.

• Love 3

OMG - watching the second episode of the Porsha special - which is much more enjoyable than RHOA was this season. A few of observations:

1. Porsha has found her importance in a relationship and is not going to put up with the same crap she did before - yeah Porsha. 

2. While she has learned her own worth, Dennis seems to be living out of boxes in the basement of her house - that’s not good. Porsha may need to find a balance between the two. Seems she went from giving all in to Cordell to not even compromising with Dennis. Dennis doesn’t know how to compromise either - hopefully they can figure this out together.

2. Dennis appears to only own a bunch of track suits and one really nice suit.

3. Dennis appears to love Porsha a lot but does he love being single even more??? The jury’s still out.

4. Dennis’ mom is very interfering and is going to create many more problems in Porsha’s and Dennis’ relationship in the future.

5. PJ may not end up being a member of Mensa, but she will be loved which will take her very far in life.

• Love 6
On 4/25/2019 at 4:32 PM, goofygirl said:

This is why I can't stand Nene. She's one of those HW's (hell, that's all of them) who takes the viewers for fools.

From a show narrative perspective, she didn't know Phaedra in Phaedra's debut season, they allied in Nene's final season/first exit, Nene thought Phaedra/Porsha should be fired during that issue, and now she wants her back.

Kenya might be back, I'll be glad is Twirl comes back, but Phae, I don't know if Twirl can keep me back if Phaedra came back.

• Love 5