Type keyword(s) to search

S11 E23: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

The Bye Wig party saga continues; Cynthia glows while talking about her whirlwind romance with Mike Hill; the women discuss the drama surrounding Eva’s wedding party; tensions rise as Nene and Cynthia go head to head.

Airdate 2019.04.21

It's Easter and I'm feeling chill. Thoughts of peace and brotherhood. Not up for NeNe's stank face tonight. She can keep her hateful attitude to herself.

Maybe tomorrow I can stomach it.

ETA: Have a great evening, everyone!

Edited by renatae
  • Love 15

Let's assume that Cynthia is telling the truth, that the producers edited this to make more drama. Nene can't give her good friend the benefit of the doubt? She's so quick to believe that Cynthia would lie about inviting her friend to her own event, even though Cynthia spent the whole season being supportive to her the entire time. 

Let's assume that Cynthia is lying, she knew Kenya was coming all along. Is it truly the ultimate betrayal? Soooo your are mad that Cynthia felt she needed to keep Kenya's attendance from you, and you think she did it to hurt you? I agree with Cynthia at the reunion. What does she have to gain by doing that? 

I'm going with a third conspiracy option. This was post-production engineered drama by Bravo to save a season that was going downhill. I could totally see them manipulating the footage by trying to find a moment where Cynthia was whispering to mike, which is probably not that hard, and put that caption up there. Nene tried very hard to provoke Kenya but Kenya was not having it on camera. Its totally easy to have that dinner between Cynthia, Nene, Kandi, and tanya months later, and Cynthia call Kandi to remember what the hell they were supposed to be discussing anyway, months later. Just saying. 

• Love 15

How is Nene not in jail? Yes, yes the dramatic journey of Porsha's belt but they brush aside Nene assaulting what at least three people?

Otherwise boring. What we had Eva's evil bridesmaids and Cynthia's betrayal of inviting Kenya which ended up being a completely non event anyway.

Fix your wig and fix your show, Atlanta.

• Love 24
15 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Popping in quick.

I have passed on the last two seasons of ATL only catching an episode here and there (also doing the same for my beloved BH, it is ruined for me for the last three seasons) but I may take time to binge watch (ATL)  when the day is hot and the a/c is blowing cold air around and the munchies are flowing. I just came to say that I am watching WWHL and Cynthia is absolutely stunning in a pink off one shoulder blouse. I always hate one shoulder tops/dresses but this one has me swooning. Maybe it is the ease in how she is wearing it, maybe it is that I am punch drunk from binging on the current and past couple of seasons of Project Runway, ha. 

Popping back out now.

Nene is just awful and Cynthia is absolutely stunning.  I hope she stays away from Nene. Portia's zenness regarding her pregnancy endeared her to me this season.. She made the most sense in trying to mediate between Cynthia and Nene's high school bullshit..

On other note that is off-topic. I love your name. Lucinda was a great character on As The World Turns. I miss that show under Douglas Marland.

• Love 8

I'll be done if Phaedra comes back. If Nene is back I can ignore her. I wonder what Andy meant when he said the whole table was reset. We already know Shamari lost her peach. I wonder who is next. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, twilightzone said:

Ne-Ne made the whole season so toxic.  If you can't get along with someone as good natured as Cynthia, the problem is you, not her.  It's been reported that Kenya will be returning and Shamari lost her peach.  I bet Ne-Ne is fuming that she doesn't have the clout that she loves bragging about.   

Oh god, not Kenya. She is soooooo boring. I'd rather drunkie Shamari stay. I can't handle a season with Nene and Kenya both.

Nene hears her 15 minute clock ticking down its last seconds, and she's intolerable. And still violent, apparently.

Edited by lyric
  • Love 13

The reason Kandi's perspective is not important to Nene right now is because Nene was planning on waiting her requisite 2 years before copying Kandi like she always does. Kandi writes her semi-autobiographical musical, A Mother's Love, about her life and the trials and tribulation in 2014. Nene's So Nasty, So Rude one woman show/comedy tour where she bitches about her life premieres in 2016. Kandi has her Tags stores. Nene opens her Swagg Boutiques. Will we be seeing Nene's Atlanta based Sour Old Peach eateries in 2020?*

*I'm not counting her bullshit Famous Famiglia franchise. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Kandi keeps the coins rolling in and NeNe can't just seem to do that as successfully. She never will!

Her nasty attitude will keep people away.. Nene is a narcissist, she actually said that Cynthia betrayed her.. How does inviting Kenya to a party a betrayal.  Nene expects loyalty from her friends but is unable to do the same..

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I was glad to see Cynthia finally push back.  I think she’s finally had enough Nene.  I know I have.  I don’t think I can do this next season if Nene is still on.  I have no idea why anyone would want to be friends with her and I don’t want to watch her anymore.  

It is like she refuses to grow emotionally. At one time I thought NeNe was changing, and then...nothing. Not for the better at all.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

Let's assume that Cynthia is lying, she knew Kenya was coming all along. Is it truly the ultimate betrayal? Soooo your are mad that Cynthia felt she needed to keep Kenya's attendance from you, and you think she did it to hurt you? I agree with Cynthia at the reunion. What does she have to gain by doing that? 

This. Nene repeatedly said that the whole thing was the worst betrayal ever. Really? Cynthia inviting Kenya and not knowing if she would show up is such a betrayal? Uhhhhh Nene did you see Phaedra and Porsha accuse Kandi of being a rapist? Or even Vicki from the RHOC cancer scam? Hell there have been a lot more incidents on all the franchises that I would rank higher on the betrayal meter than Kenya being invited to Cynthia's party. Also, nothing happened at the party. Kenya showed up talked to the people she wanted to talk to and left. It is not like Kenya came in and went in on Nene. I do not think extremely pregnant Kenya was going to get into it with Nene anyway. 

If Kenya is indeed back next season and goes after Nene I may watch, but I really do not want to see Nene back at all. Her lack of remorse over her actions regarding closet-gate was horrible.

If it is true that Shemari lost her peach I am kind of disappointed. I thought she fit in pretty well. I would like to see Tanya back in some form, because she seemed fairly level headed. At least as level headed as being a cast member on one of these shows allows.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Popping in quick.

I have passed on the last two seasons of ATL only catching an episode here and there (also doing the same for my beloved BH, it is ruined for me for the last three seasons) but I may take time to binge watch (ATL)  when the day is hot and the a/c is blowing cold air around and the munchies are flowing. I just came to say that I am watching WWHL and Cynthia is absolutely stunning in a pink off one shoulder blouse. I always hate one shoulder tops/dresses but this one has me swooning. Maybe it is the ease in how she is wearing it, maybe it is that I am punch drunk from binging on the current and past couple of seasons of Project Runway, ha. 

Popping back out now.

Cynthia does look beautiful and it's nice to see the casual style. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

This. Nene repeatedly said that the whole thing was the worst betrayal ever. Really? Cynthia inviting Kenya and not knowing if she would show up is such a betrayal? Uhhhhh Nene did you see Phaedra and Porsha accuse Kandi of being a rapist? Or even Vicki from the RHOC cancer scam? Hell there have been a lot more incidents on all the franchises that I would rank higher on the betrayal meter than Kenya being invited to Cynthia's party. Also, nothing happened at the party. Kenya showed up talked to the people she wanted to talk to and left. It is not like Kenya came in and went in on Nene. I do not think extremely pregnant Kenya was going to get into it with Nene anyway. 

If Kenya is indeed back next season and goes after Nene I may watch, but I really do not want to see Nene back at all. Her lack of remorse over her actions regarding closet-gate was horrible.

If it is true that Shemari lost her peach I am kind of disappointed. I thought she fit in pretty well. I would like to see Tanya back in some form, because she seemed fairly level headed. At least as level headed as being a cast member on one of these shows allows.

I would think, that in a year when Nene was dealing with her husband being diagnosed with and treated for cancer, who got invited to a party and them showing up would be the LEAST of her concerns.  Someone faking cancer should take on a whole new angle of being fucked the fuck up when it comes home to roost in your own house.  But, nah, apparently this bitch over here being invited to the party without your prior dispensation is the real cause of all the woe in the world.

• Love 15

They should give Porsha and PJ their own show and cancel the rest! 

They are all liars and thugs!  Eva claiming she made $40,000 for a post! Hahahahahah! 

Sorry Cynthia.  You gotta go.  You boring!  Kandi....you know where to get coins. 

9 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Let's assume that Cynthia is telling the truth, that the producers edited this to make more drama. Nene can't give her good friend the benefit of the doubt? She's so quick to believe that Cynthia would lie about inviting her friend to her own event, even though Cynthia spent the whole season being supportive to her the entire time. 

I'm going with a third conspiracy option. This was post-production engineered drama by Bravo to save a season that was going downhill. I could totally see them manipulating the footage by trying to find a moment where Cynthia was whispering to mike, which is probably not that hard, and put that caption up there. Nene tried very hard to provoke Kenya but Kenya was not having it on camera. Its totally easy to have that dinner between Cynthia, Nene, Kandi, and tanya months later, and Cynthia call Kandi to remember what the hell they were supposed to be discussing anyway, months later. Just saying. 

My feeling is that Cynthia probably is lying, in that she may have known that Kenya coming was a possibility. (In other words, I believe Kandi when she says that she didn't tell Cynthia that Kenya was coming, but I also think that Cynthia and Kenya had a conversation and that Cynthia knew that it was a possibility that Kenya might come). 

But I also think that Cynthia wasn't trying to "betray" Nene. My feeling is that Cynthia didn't tell Nene because she knows that Nene is toxic and narcissistic, and was hoping to avoid Nene making it all about her. She probably should have known better but at the end of the day, I can understand her thought process. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Kandi keeps the coins rolling in and NeNe can't just seem to do that as successfully. She never will!

Nene can't stand to see these women in happy relationships with men that have careers and are making money. She's stuck with poor old Greg who had the nerve to be diagnosed with cancer. Nene is human garbage and it's time for Bravo to take out the garbage.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

They should give Porsha and PJ their own show and cancel the rest! 

They are all liars and thugs!  Eva claiming she made $40,000 for a post! Hahahahahah! 

Sorry Cynthia.  You gotta go.  You boring!  Kandi....you know where to get coins. 

Really?...Really?  How? She said that with a straight face, right?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, smores said:

I would think, that in a year when Nene was dealing with her husband being diagnosed with and treated for cancer, who got invited to a party and them showing up would be the LEAST of her concerns. 

Oh but Nene makes everything about her...Greg has cancer, "why do these things happen to me!" That's Nene!  The guest list is not to her liking so she will be loud about it, like at the reunion she was not being kowtowed to so she decided to put on a stank face and be difficult because she was not the center of attention, like crying at her party to make sure she got attention.

She needs to go.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Eva claiming she made $40,000 for a post!

Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

Really?...Really?  How? She said that with a straight face, right?

I don't think Eva is lying about that.  There are people less famous than her making $10,000-$15,000 a pop for sponsored posts.  Her face, though, when Kandi confirmed that it was multiple bridesmaids talking shit, was priceless.  

Nene is exhausting.  I believe Cynthia when she said it's been hard being Nene's friend over the years.  The amount of tiptoeing you'd need to do to not piss her off, especially when she won't accept responsibility for her part in anything must be really frustrating.  Andy's question to Cynthia about what she gets out of a friendship with Nene was so real.  At some point we all have to ask ourselves that question about that one "friend."

2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Marlo, honey. Backing Nene is not the way to go. You need to jump on over to the other couch asap or you will never get that coveted peach that continues to be out of your reach. 

Marlo looks like a dummy blindly supporting Nene.  As much as I don't like Marlo, what I appreciated about her is that she called EVERYONE out on their shit or brought up stuff that no one else wanted to say.  Now, she just puffs Nene's head up (as if Nene needs help with that) and agrees with anything Nene says.  It's annoying and idiotic, especially when there's camera evidence. 

• Love 12
59 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I don't think Eva is lying about that.  There are people less famous than her making $10,000-$15,000 a pop for sponsored posts.  Her face, though, when Kandi confirmed that it was multiple bridesmaids talking shit, was priceless.  

Nene is exhausting.  I believe Cynthia when she said it's been hard being Nene's friend over the years.  The amount of tiptoeing you'd need to do to not piss her off, especially when she won't accept responsibility for her part in anything must be really frustrating.  Andy's question to Cynthia about what she gets out of a friendship with Nene was so real.  At some point we all have to ask ourselves that question about that one "friend."

Marlo looks like a dummy blindly supporting Nene.  As much as I don't like Marlo, what I appreciated about her is that she called EVERYONE out on their shit or brought up stuff that no one else wanted to say.  Now, she just puffs Nene's head up (as if Nene needs help with that) and agrees with anything Nene says.  It's annoying and idiotic, especially when there's camera evidence. 

Entertainment Tonight did a little segment on celebs making "throwaway" sums of money (five figures) for 10-30 second personalized birthday shoutouts on YouTube.  Like, you can get JLo to say Angie, Mom, Vanessa and Tyler wanted you to have a happy birthday Marquis and many many more.   That just cost Angie, Mom, Vanessa and Tyler a year of college.  It sounded crazy as shit to me, but between social media and model mess I believe Eva was able to round up a couple hundred grand in a few weeks.  These Bravo checks are only essential to Nene, Marlo and Tanya.

Anybody notice when Eva veered away from whoever she was talking to to get at Nene about Nene coming outside to talk to her about the mic pack?  I was lightweight mad at Eva for making me almost side with Nene in that exchange.  It was clear that she relayed Eva's wishes to production and that they ignored her (which was what Eva was holding her responsible for) but the part that was more important because it mimicked Nene's objection with Cynthia was Eva saying yeah I get that you still had your pack on but you didn't tell me that when you came over to talk to me.  To which  {{pinchesbridgeofnose}} ya'll?  to which Nene responded:  why should I have had to give you the heads up?  

200.webp?cid=790b76115cbdbc9c7a4b43612e0

Is this or is this not your verbatim beef with Cynthia right this minute?  The level of frustration I had that not one of them, including Cynthia, picked up on this moment to illustrate that to her.    Shaaaatt!!!

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Porsha’s prayers are everything!  I think this is the second times she’s done them off the cuff and they’re amazing. I bowed my head midpoint....

Now she might not be familiar with hyperbole but best believe Hosea Williams granddaughter knows some church lol.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
one day.
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Right?  It's like, damn you must not have ever really been betrayed then.  Zip it.

9 hours ago, ninjago said:

Kandi laughing when Nene said, “Kandi’s not important” should be required viewing for every cast member on this show.  Who cares what Nene thinks?  Laughing her off and dismissing her is much more effective in shutting her down than engaging with her.

This was the greatest.  Kandi can buy and sell Nene multiple times.  She really doesn't care what these people say.*

*as long as she doesn't think it impacts her reputation and therefore her ability to earn more money, then there will be hell to pay! 

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Anybody notice when Eva veered away from whoever she was talking to to get at Nene about Nene coming outside to talk to her about the mic pack?  I was lightweight mad at Eva for making me almost side with Nene in that exchange.  It was clear that she relayed Eva's wishes to production and that they ignored her (which was what Eva was holding her responsible for) but the part that was more important because it mimicked Nene's objection with Cynthia was Eva saying yeah I get that you still had your pack on but you didn't tell me that when you came over to talk to me.  To which  {{pinchesbridgeofnose}} ya'll?  to which Nene responded:  why should I have had to give you the heads up?  

200.webp?cid=790b76115cbdbc9c7a4b43612e0

Is this or is this not your verbatim beef with Cynthia right this minute?  The level of frustration I had that not one of them, including Cynthia, picked up on this moment to illustrate that to her.    Shaaaatt!!!

giphy.gif

Now she might not be familiar with hyperbole but best believe Hosea Williams granddaughter knows some church lol.

Eva pretty effectively took the attention off of her bridesmaids and all the conversation about her finances by shifting the focus back on to Nene.  Strategically, I get why she did it - she knows that a majority of people on the couch are upset with Nene, so it wasn't hard to get them to focus on Nene rather than any shadiness on Eva's part.  But as a viewer, yes, I noticed that was what she was doing. 

All of that being said, I will say, with the Kandi/Cynthia exchanged, Kandi did tell Cynthia that she was mic'ed. In theory, Nene could have said, "hey, Eva, just FYI, I'm mic'ed." What they all need is some sort of actual code that indicates they are mic'ed up. 

• Love 7