Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Tell All: Part 2

• Start Topic

On 4/23/2019 at 11:03 PM, Just Wondering said:

Kody once referred to a man with ten wives as a “jack wagon”.  He was admitting that having ten women was inappropriate. Where’s the line then and who drew it?

Great question!  WE NEED TO KNOW!

If it is icky for the one son to live with ONE girl how is it not icky for Kody and the harem?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

If I decide to begin a blog similar to PoliticsPrinciple

YAS! I have so missed reading PoliticsPrinciple. It is really sad that the owner had to stop publishing due to copyright issues (people stealing their content) and plyg pressure. You have done an incredible job with the research you have posted here.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

RECAP is in the spoiler box.  Big, giant, polygamist-family-sized thanks to everyone else who shared their writing skills with us and recapped this season!  

Reveal spoiler

Thanks to all you witty folks I just read your comments on Part I and didn't actually watch.  Now it's time for me to pay the piper.  I see from the previouslies that they already discussed Meri's purchase of the B&B but apparently it must be rehashed.  Kody proclaims he's focused on the big pitcher and the B&B was just an irritation to him.  "So are you good with me?" asks Meri.  Kody's fear was that she was going to leave to go to Parowan, but since she's in Flagstaff with his other possessions he's ok.  This is Meri's first time understanding that the family was afraid she'd take off.  Um, has she watched the show because that's only been mentioned about a bajillion times?  "Well, I also thought it was a bad investment!" laughs Kody.  The hostess thinks it's neat that they're still "coming to clarity" on the issue.  Hi honey, you're new here so let me explain two things.  1.  The Browns must protect their happy plyg family facade at all costs, or else you and the makeup team and all these lights and cameras go poof.  2.  They're lying liars who lie.  Kody points out that they've actually discussed this before, and Robyn chimes in to agree that they asked Meri about her plans a bajillion times.  Kody wants to put the issue to bed by declaring that he's glad the bad investment is in the family and he's glad Meri is in Flagstaff.

And now we have to revisit through extensive flashbacks Christine and Meri's tension after Axel's birth.  Christine hates watching the conversation.  That makes two of us!  She says that she and Meri are still working on things.  Meri is asked for her input and she gives a rambling non-answer full of "like" and "fill."  She thinks her biggest personality fault is that if she doesn't fill all in with something, then she's all out.  The hostess says something about who better to understand than your own sister wife.  The wives all make noises of agreement, including the one who's touching Kody's leg.  And speaking of whom, Robyn says that watching these conversations makes her uncomfortable because they're none of her business.  The hostess asks about the balance of speaking your mind without rocking the group boat.  Robyn wishes she could teach this to people, because she hates seeing those messages online when people tell Meri or whoever to break free.  They are a family and they all choose to be a group because it, "serves their purposes," i.e. keeps them on tv and in the money.

After a break we're treated to clips of every time polygamy was discussed in the past season, concluding with Mitch's wishy-washyness.  Consensus seems to be that Aspyn will be more open to polygamy when she's not a dewy eyed newlywed.  Kody abruptly changes lanes to announce he never chased a girl.  Robyn tells us that the wife has to be the instigator for bringing a new sister wife in the family.  When the man does it, it's creepy.  She tells us that the men who are "searchers" are actually avoided by the single women in their church.  This sounds very complicated to the hostess who jokingly asks if there's a class to learn all these nuances.  The Browns are learning by doing and don't actually recommend polygamy to others.  Conversation turns to Janelle's comment about the first 20 years of polygamy sucking.  She says that she takes it day by day and it's a constant learning process.  

Christine is now asked about her strong reaction to seeing Aspyn's marriage certificate, and what it means to her.  She answers that she just likes the validation of being married after years of having to hide her relationship.  When Robyn is asked, she doesn't even know where she keeps her certificate because it doesn't matter.  The hostess now asks what divorce documents mean to them.  To Meri it feels like a label of a failure, even though that's not the situation in their family.  "Your divorce means you love my kids," says Robyn getting teary.  Excuse me, I need to go find a stronger drink.

The partnered kids (sans Logan and Michelle) are now assembled on the couches, and let's just say that none of them have been missing any meals.  The hostess asks Maddie and Caleb about having the family move away from them in Vegas.  Maddie answers that she and Caleb don't like Vegas either, so once the family left they wanted to leave, too.  Aspyn is the only one who answers positively when the kids are asked if Vegas ever felt like home.  We're treated to clips of Aspyn "taking control" throughout the season.  Mitch is asked about being in a family now with so many vocal women, and he says it's not a problem.  Tony thinks it's refreshing.  Caleb also thinks the strong female voices are awesome.  Mariah is now asked about the catfishing *groan* and we re-watch all of those clips from the season.  Mariah says that things between her and Meri are hard but not horrible and they have a good relationship.  Uh, ok.  Mariah also says that meeting Meri's fellow victim didn't do much for her.  

Now we watch all the clips of Mariah's "big year."  Does Audrey really have a tattoo that says, "Intersectional Feminist"?  Methinks that's not going to age well.  Mariah now announces that she and Audrey are engaged, and that the proposal happened at the women's march.  The hostess asks if there's conflict between the religious family views and Mariah and Audrey's relationship.  Short answer is no.  The hostess now asks Tony and Mykelti when the babies are coming.  Well, Tony looks ready to drop twins at any minute.  Mykelti insists that they're happy dog parents right now and actual kids are several years away.  When asked about her status, Aspyn tells us that she's finishing school in Vegas and then she and Mitch will be moving to Utah to be closer to his family.  The Brown-Brushes are also moving.  They'll be heading to North Carolina and are expecting their second child.  (Chassis Brown-Brush! You heard it here first!)  

The adults are back on the couch and the producers are going out with a bang - a clip of every time the Browns used therapy buzzwords in conversation during the season.  I'm filling unsafe.  My perception is that it's time to put up my walls and empower myself to employ the FF button.  The hostess thinks they've really learned a lot from Therapist Nancy.  "Nancy doesn't train us with language," says Kody, and I'm now picturing her using a clicker and a Beggin' Strip instead.  Robyn sings the praises of Nancy.  Meri says that they all know how to speak in a therapy-approved manner, it's just a question of making themselves have those hard conversations.  In addition to the complication of being such a large family, Christine feels vulnerable seeing herself on old episodes, when she was, "misbehaving."  That seems like a loaded word, but rather than unpack it the hostess introduces a montage of Kody's dance moves.  I kid you not.  Cover your eyes, folks, this is more dangerous than Bird Box.  The hostess asks who is the best dancer in the Brown family, and Christine instantly answers, "Kody."  Janelle calls her a brown-noser.  Kody gets up and mimics Christine's one signature dance move.  And that's it.  Don't we all feel enlightened?

My DVR also recorded a Game Night episode, but I'm sorry, folks, I just can't do it.  I watched that crap last year.  Fool me once, shame on me...

all.jpg

Thanks for taking one for the team by watching this crapfest.  I'm shocked your DVD didn't self-combust with all of the lying lies flying around that stage. The film crew probably gets hazard pay for filming these tell nothings.

Anyway, great job, Lilwharveygal. I surely enjoyed it. 🤗

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm not sure I'd say it was "absolutely" true.  The sources sited in the article are anthropologists and psychologists.  I'd like to see a peer reviewed scientific article for affirmation.

Not saying it's not true but I'd like a little more science and a little less "think".

Kody had the right expression, he just was clueless on the actual biological outcome.

3 hours ago, Higgins said:

Look to the right there are many related studies that do.

While I admit I didn't read all 106 related articles, none of those I did read support Kootie's declaration.  Maybe he got it from Facebook.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

While I admit I didn't read all 106 related articles, none of those I did read support Kootie's declaration.  Maybe he got it from Facebook.

Then you didn't read them. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Then you didn't read them. 

Nope.  If you would be so kind as to link that exact one I'd be happy to admit he's correct.

10 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

True or not, Kootie's statement was enough to push away Mykelti's BF.  And look what she ended up with!  Hormone Mouth FT.  

That alone should tell you not to listen to Kootie!  I bet that first BF is happy he bailed, though.  Imagine being linked with this circus.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

True or not, Kootie's statement was enough to push away Mykelti's BF.  And look what she ended up with!  Hormone Mouth FT.  

Maybe all of Mykelti's hormones are feminizing Tony's features 😉

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Maybe all of Mykelti's hormones are feminizing Tony's features 😉

That's it!  You've figured it out.  I didn't type the word like Kootie pronounced it:  HAR-mones.  He's such a slapnut.  Same could be said of most of the BrownClowns.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 4/22/2019 at 6:39 PM, Twopper said:

I think she was also better dressed for that "tell."

She probably knows biology, although she may not know which hair and'or eye colors are recessive.  I am not sure that the genetics of hair color are fully understood yet.  I think she was more likely being cute and flirty rather than serious.   We studied hemophilia in biology because there were 5 brothers that had attended or were attending the school, and they all had it; we also spent time on color blindness, because several of the boys were colorblind.  

I agree with the bolded. The genetics of hair color can be tricky. My son has dark brown hair and his wife has red hair. Their youngest son's hair is almost white. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, LabScientist said:

I agree with the bolded. The genetics of hair color can be tricky. My son has dark brown hair and his wife has red hair. Their youngest son's hair is almost white. 

Actually, the genetics of hair color-specifically the “ginger gene mutation” have been excessively studied-especially when the pharmaceutical industry heard tell of specific pain tolerance/sensitivity differences for those with a malfunctioning MC1R gene and it became more than just anecdotal.

“...The gene responsible for determining hair color is called the Melanocortin 1 Receptor, or MC1R. If the MC1R gene is active, it produces eumelanin and a person will have darker skin and hair. If the MC1R gene does not function (i.e. it is blocked or inactivated), the melanocytes will produce pheomelanin instead of eumelanin. A person with a malfunctioning MC1R gene will have blond or red hair, due to the lack of eumelanin, along with freckles. MC1R gene mutations are seen in all ethnicities...”

The Genetics of Haircolor

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
On 4/25/2019 at 6:44 AM, Kohola3 said:

No where in that article is "exchanging hormones" addressed.

Interestingly, I've only ever heard of our pheromones being responsible for mutual attraction and one doesn't need to 'kiss' to exchange the pheromones. Haven't heard of any other hormones. Just being around each other can determine if our pheromones go into high gear. Physical contact merely seals the pheromone deal, lol. I also wondered if Kody turns away from a wife if she's attempting to kiss him because he believes kissing equals initiating lust/sex? Speaking only for myself, I have lusted after my fair share just by being in proximity. I don't need to kiss.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 4/27/2019 at 6:11 PM, LabScientist said:

When I read your post, it reminded me of my aunt and uncle's first child. My uncle (all my mom's family) have dark brown/blackish hair and his lovely wife from Greece has even darker hair. Imagine our surprise at having our first (and only) red-headed relative as far back as anyone's documented. (Yes, it's his child, lol) There's no explaining some genetic outcomes... well there IS some explanation but it's usually an exception to the rules.

• Love 6
On 4/25/2019 at 1:24 PM, giaNtsandYankees said:

And I highly doubt that Logan would cave in if Kody pushed for it. I've heard that Logan and Michelle don't want to have their wedding televised, and they want to wait until they finish school to get married. As far as we know, they are both working to obtain their Masters'. Who knows, they both may look to go for a PhD!

ETA: Also, Michelle and Logan not only seem to be staying away when it comes to the show, but they don't seem to be the Social Media "Influencers" like some of the other Brown children. Logan hasn't been active on Twitter and his Instagram page seems to be defunct, while Michelle's tweets are protected.

They seem to be laying low. If that's the case, then good on them. Again, I feel so ionic for typing this.

It's nice to see that there are still some young people who aren't building their lives around social media. I know it is the way of the world now, but it is so liberating to just not give a damn!

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

It's nice to see that there are still some young people who aren't building their lives around social media. I know it is the way of the world now, but it is so liberating to just not give a damn!

I think they both have to work so that leaves little time for social media.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I couldn't make it past the 15 minute mark of this episode, it was so bad. Watching dogpoo harden and turn grey out in the sun is more interesting than these tell-nothings. 🤷‍♀️

They sit there and lie and giggle and then lie some more. Frankly, I'm done with these type of episodes, for its money for doing absolutely nothing for the Browns while wasting my time lining their pockets. 😏 Blecch.  🙄

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Love 7
On 4/25/2019 at 3:34 PM, Galloway Cave said:

YAS! I have so missed reading PoliticsPrinciple. It is really sad that the owner had to stop publishing due to copyright issues (people stealing their content) and plyg pressure. You have done an incredible job with the research you have posted here.

Thanks! I've been thinking about it for a while, because I'm certain that many miss the PoliticsPrinciple site, and probably misses the Sister Wives Blog. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the resources that the owner of PoliticsPrinciple does, so that's why I hold back on starting one. I had to do a LOT of digging to find what I had found. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Mrs Robot said:

I'm unclear why they would give up that optimal cul-de-sac arrangement in Vegas. Anyone?

We can only opine but in my opinion, it was because being in such close proximity to each other with Robyn thrown in the mix became intolerable for at least some of the wives. Also, ratings.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mrs Robot said:

I'm unclear why they would give up that optimal cul-de-sac arrangement in Vegas. Anyone?

I’m guessing they wanted to get out before a balloon payment was due on the Vegas homes.  I’d also guess Kody was looking for another storyline.  I have no idea why they’d pick a place that cost double where they were living.  I’m sure Robyn could have dictated another college for Dayton to attend, so I don’t think he necessarily had to go there.  

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I’m guessing they wanted to get out before a balloon payment was due on the Vegas homes.  I’d also guess Kody was looking for another storyline.  I have no idea why they’d pick a place that cost double where they were living.  I’m sure Robyn could have dictated another college for Dayton to attend, so I don’t think he necessarily had to go there.  

I think they just cut a map of the Southwest states into pieces and threw them in the air. Flagstaff landed face up.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3