Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Tell All: Part 2

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Excellent questions!

TLC needs to hire you and ditch the fawning fangirl with the ugly neck rag. 😂

I promise I’ll wear a much nicer frock....

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, neh said:

I have fond memories of my grandmother's house and of all our family gatherings, my visits with her, my wonderful uncles,her garden, her teaching me to bake cookies...but I sure don't want to buy the house. It did not have heat in the upstairs and no air conditioning. My grandmother would have thought I was crazy if I considered her home my "cherished heritage. " My uncles would have thought I lost my mind and would have teased me unmercifully for being so sentimental. No one would have thought it was a good idea for me to buy the "family" home.

Right, but don't forget that this home had been running as a business for years. It had to be up to code and maintained, so it's not like it was sitting there neglected.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am also curious as to why the girls rushed off to get married before they finished college ? Did they think the "d" was so great thad why would 4 idiots sisterwives fight over it they couldn't wait ? 

I’m sure if one of the younger ones (still at home) have more than a few brain cells to rub together they might consider a Master’s Thesis exploring the relationship between women that live through an early childhood LDS fundamentalist upbringing and their subsequent early marriages upon reaching adulthood.

there would be PLENTY of resource information just within their own fambly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Gothish520 said:

Right, but don't forget that this home had been running as a business for years. It had to be up to code and maintained, so it's not like it was sitting there neglected.

Yes and it will need to be kept up to code unlike a private home that you can let things slide.

As we've seen the Brown's barely keep up with their taxes and default on things like garbage service and other bills on a fairly regular basis for houses they actually live in.

When Meri was in the midst of the deal and sat there saying things like "I don't know what I'm doing" with her face in her hands... and "I don't care about the business stuff, I just want the house".....  I thought... Oh boy.. This is not good... We know she didn't have a business plan and apparently her mom sold her house to make it happen so it wasn't a matter of Meri the shrewd business woman putting the deal together.

She reminded me of our oldest son when he wanted a car, hubby and I agreed because he was attending University but lived at home etc..but since we were buying it WE chose the car.... He wanted the sporty red convertible, we wanted a good reliable car that didn't guzzle gas and wouldn't cost a fortune to maintain.

Meri is like a child, she wants what she wants and doesn't want to bother with that boring, icky, adult, business portion which in reality is the most important part.

I'm sure lots of people would like to have their old family home but most look at it from an adult viewpoint and the icky money part is a large part of the decision making process.

Kody said over and over that it was a shitty investment and Meri didn't disagree so she's obviously not making any money which is exactly what Kody was worried about.

If Meri decides to sell it... Who will buy it?... Some crappy old house turned into a B&B that isn't near any tourist attractions and doesn't turn a profit?

Mariah doesn't want anything to do with it and acted totally ambivalent and bored whenever Meri talked about it.

I think the former owner contacted Meri when she wanted to sell because no one else was interested, it wasn't making money and she wanted to unload her white elephant.  lol

• Love 12

If this show is cancelled what will all of these people even do, it has been years since any of them have worked, if ever.  I totally believe Kody's recent crazy decisions have been 100% based on trying to raise the ratings so this show doesn't get cancelled.  I've thought that all along but even more so after reading how they were going to cancel the show last season.  Only desperate people make these desperate decisions.

I also don't believe any of these 'Meri' storylines, between the catfishing, her going on her own (supposedly) & buying the B&B, and how she was treated throughout this season and others.  I think she is the most popular wife in general and the most willing to play this game.  I would like to think they were socking away a lot of the money they were getting when the show was more popular but that remains to be seen.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, endure said:

If this show is cancelled what will all of these people even do, it has been years since any of them have worked, if ever.  I totally believe Kody's recent crazy decisions have been 100% based on trying to raise the ratings so this show doesn't get cancelled.  I've thought that all along but even more so after reading how they were going to cancel the show last season.  Only desperate people make these desperate decisions.

I also don't believe any of these 'Meri' storylines, between the catfishing, her going on her own (supposedly) & buying the B&B, and how she was treated throughout this season and others.  I think she is the most popular wife in general and the most willing to play this game.  I would like to think they were socking away a lot of the money they were getting when the show was more popular but that remains to be seen.

I read your first paragraph nodding my head in agreement, then screeched to a halt with the second.  Do you really think Meri was in cahoots with this Jackie O person and fictionalized this whole ugly mess for a storyline?  

I guess we all have our favorites, or least disliked might be a more apt description, but I don't think Meri is "the most popular wife in general" to many people.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, kicotan said:

I’ve always wondered why non-traditional relationship folks engage in traditional marriage situations.

Because they want to?

Also, plenty of gay folks are “traditional” in other senses of the word.

• Love 17
18 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

This host is soooooo awful, she asks the most fawning questions and then basically answers it herself.... Or paves the way for them to agree.

I hated her style of interviewing... stupid blouse and hair scrunchie neck rag as well.  🙄

Way to go TLC maybe next year you can just let the Brown's ask and answer their own questions.

I haven't watched yet - and may not because they are so incredibly boring it's painful- but this was the same woman who did the Seeking  Sister Wife reunion, and I thought she did a pretty good job there. she asked the right questions and we had some good moments of horny men squirming. The Browns must control the questions as they do everything else which is why this show is so insufferable 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Yup the one Alldredge wife is Mitch's sister Vanessa... She's the red head like Mitch.

Vanessa was at Mitch ' s wedding!

Didn't kody love saying Meri's mother lives in the b and b.  He got quite the smirk!

Maria just looks angry all the time!  Gosh she loves the camera!  

checks going out to all the couples!  Cha ching!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I read your first paragraph nodding my head in agreement, then screeched to a halt with the second.  Do you really think Meri was in cahoots with this Jackie O person and fictionalized this whole ugly mess for a storyline?  

I guess we all have our favorites, or least disliked might be a more apt description, but I don't think Meri is "the most popular wife in general" to many people.

No I don't believe at all that Meri was in cahoots regarding the catfishing but she must be in agreement to continue on with the storyline for so long. I definitely should have clarified that!!! I'm not saying she is a favourite at all, just that she is the most likely to accept or play a controversial storyline's for the show.  I think she has a more outgoing personality and willing to go places or do things the other wives wouldn't be so willing to do.  I know the way they played out this season at least to me.... is that she was treated pretty harshly by the rest of the family and I tended to feel sorry for her.  But in reality I doubt she was actually treated like that.  It's all just my opinion and of course yours may vary.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, endure said:

No I don't believe at all that Meri was in cahoots regarding the catfishing but she must be in agreement to continue on with the storyline for so long. I definitely should have clarified that!!! I'm not saying she is a favourite at all, just that she is the most likely to accept or play a controversial storyline's for the show.  I think she has a more outgoing personality and willing to go places or do things the other wives wouldn't be so willing to do.  I know the way they played out this season at least to me.... is that she was treated pretty harshly by the rest of the family and I tended to feel sorry for her.  But in reality I doubt she was actually treated like that.  It's all just my opinion and of course yours may vary.

Thanks for clarifying and I'm sorry that I read something into your post that you didn't intend.

Meri is definitely more outgoing when removed from the stifling atmosphere of the family and she does appear to have a life outside of them.  Seeing how radiant she was in the photos she posted of her recent trip is proof of that.

You have a point when you say that she was treated harshly by other members of the family and I do wonder if it's this way in everyday life or this is all played up for storyline.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, endure said:

If Robyn was a loving, giving christian sister-wife she should offer to divorce Kody and let him marry Christine because it sounds like it is something she really wants.

For all we know, she has...

According  to their professed religion, once she and Kody  “make it official” it is her duty to follow his lead in all things and merely let him know when a potential future wife crosses her path, nudge-nudge...not meddle in his relationships with his existing wives, legal or not.

Didn’t they talk about how Robyn being a member of the family was ALL due to Meri steering Kody in her direction during the 2nd part of the “tell-all”?  After all, men seeking additional wives is “creepy”.

Edited by kicotan
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, endure said:

If Robyn was a loving, giving christian sister-wife she should offer to divorce Kody and let him marry Christine because it sounds like it is something she really wants.

There is no way that Robyn will divorce Kody.  She is the only legal wife and she knows it.

Their whole argument does not stand up.  It is her children or her grandchild.  The kids call the other moms my their first name.  Kody is just an asshole.  How anyone with that many children buys a 2 seater car is ridiculous.  Most couples work together to care for aged parents but it does not seem to be the case with the Brown.  It is up to each wife to care for her own kids and parents.  It still pisses me off that they use government assistance as a rule.  How does Kody not have a full time job?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

How is Meri going to run the B&B in Utah when she lives in Flagstaff? If she has staff running it how does she afford to pay them? 

Meri's mother lives at the B&B and runs it, keeps the books etc.

Meri hired a cook to prepare whatever meal is offered and a housekeeper to come in and clean the place and get rooms ready for guests.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Meri hired a cook to prepare whatever meal is offered and a housekeeper to come in and clean the place and get rooms ready for guests.

When there are any.  Which I bet is very rarely.  Look on the website and pick any random date and the rooms are always available.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

She made me want to throw up when she told the Brown's that it was an HONOR to interview them.   *BARF*

I loathe when an "interviewer" gets interviewed themselves and gushes over the people they are supposed to be grilling.  Such an honor to interview them, she can feel how much they love each other, etc.  Add to that the smarmy filler of Kody's dance moves through the decades and an insanely cringe-worthy segment on how the Browns "swear," complete with all of them - interviewer included - LOLZ-ing at the wacky shenanigans of the Brown Family, it made for the worst tell-all we've ever been subjected to.

I think this show has one more season in it - watching them adjust to Flagstaff, strutting around town while Kody lets everyone know that he's got FOUR WIVES YO HEY HELLO WE'RE NEW HERE DID I MENTION I HAVE FOUR WIVES, watching Kody try to convince his wives to move into Plyg Palace as he flits from house to house wondering where he left his fave faded denim shirt and hair scrunchie, etc.  After that, unless we get to watch Robyn's head explode when Kody decides to divorce her and marry Christine, this show is probably toast.

• LOL 10
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Could still turn into a money pit.

It's pretty large and old, will need ongoing upkeep and $$$ spent on it especially if it's a business where people come to stay.

Her mom is getting older and the place is a lot of rooms, Meri already said she had to hire people to cook and clean.

It will only be so long before it needs a new roof or other repairs.

I get that she wanted to keep it in the family but if it doesn't generate enough profit to cover it's own expenses eventually it will be a nuisance... Time will tell but I bet Meri dumps it once the initial excitement is gone.

I have fond memories of my grandmother's house and of all our family gatherings, my visits with her, my wonderful uncles,her garden, her teaching me to bake cookies...but I sure don't want to buy the house. It did not have heat in the upstairs and no air conditioning. My grandmother would have thought I was crazy if I considered her home my "cherished heritage. " My uncles would have thought I lost my mind and would have teased me unmercifully for being so sentimental. No one would have thought it was a good idea for me to buy the "family" home.

• Love 3

I am now watching the second part of the Tell All (?).  WOW, they are full of it. That is quite obvious they show their real reactions in the little box at the bottom of the screen.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, neh said:

I am now watching the second part of the Tell All (?).  WOW, they are full of it. That is quite obvious they show their real reactions in the little box at the bottom of the screen.

If they had eliminated all the flashbacks of previous episodes, the whole 2 sessions could have been wrapped up in 10 minutes.  I guess it's supposed to be a cliff-hanger to keep us tuned in if there is another season, to see the predictable reactions to the mega-house.  There will also be the planning of Pudge and Sludge's wedding and Kody pontificating about how liberal and forward-thinking they are, disregarding the fact that same-sex marriages have been taking place for nearly 15 years.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

If they had eliminated all the flashbacks of previous episodes, the whole 2 sessions could have been wrapped up in 10 minutes.  I guess it's supposed to be a cliff-hanger to keep us tuned in if there is another season, to see the predictable reactions to the mega-house.  There will also be the planning of Pudge and Sludge's wedding and Kody pontificating about how liberal and forward-thinking they are, disregarding the fact that same-sex marriages have been taking place for nearly 15 years.

Mariah's marriage would be interesting. A bath tub birth, just NO. All the Browns hanging out in the waiting room of a hospital obstetrical dept, possibly. The kids talking about high school maybe interesting. Truley giving fashion advice, oh, yeah. Catfish...gut it and put on the grill!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I loathe when an "interviewer" gets interviewed themselves and gushes over the people they are supposed to be grilling.  Such an honor to interview them, she can feel how much they love each other, etc.  Add to that the smarmy filler of Kody's dance moves through the decades and an insanely cringe-worthy segment on how the Browns "swear," complete with all of them - interviewer included - LOLZ-ing at the wacky shenanigans of the Brown Family, it made for the worst tell-all we've ever been subjected to.

I think this show has one more season in it - watching them adjust to Flagstaff, strutting around town while Kody lets everyone know that he's got FOUR WIVES YO HEY HELLO WE'RE NEW HERE DID I MENTION I HAVE FOUR WIVES, watching Kody try to convince his wives to move into Plyg Palace as he flits from house to house wondering where he left his fave faded denim shirt and hair scrunchie, etc.  After that, unless we get to watch Robyn's head explode when Kody decides to divorce her and marry Christine, this show is probably toast.

Even if he could I don't believe he'll ever marry Christine.  She can flirt and call him "love" all she wants, but those feelings for her are just not there. He may love her, but he's in love with Robyn, and his nonverbal cues are vastly different when he's with Robyn than when with Christine.  It's sad to see such a dynamic woman settle for so little a man.

• Love 19
10 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

How is Meri going to run the B&B in Utah when she lives in Flagstaff? If she has staff running it how does she afford to pay them? 

My guess is that the "hired staff" are other family members who get paid ONLY when there's work. So if there's a weekend when there are guests, Meri's mom (Bonnie) calls in "the troops" to help her out, and since she keeps the books, she pays each person accordingly. When there are no guests, she doesn't need "the troops". Also, I think Bonnie may be more business-oriented than her daughter and she's the one managing everything (maybe she had the business plan in hand all along?) while Meri pops in on occasion to check up on things, see what she can do to help out, and maybe draw in a few visitors from fans of the show.

I think the business is doing all right--not a big booming money maker, but well enough for that region. I also wonder if Meri's doing better than she's letting on to Kody so he has no idea of how much money she's making? I can imagine that if she tells the fambly she's making a good income from the B&B, Kody will want/demand it be handed over to the fambly coffers. Better to let him think it's a failing business than to let him get his hands on it and run it into the ground.

Or, I could be wrong and the B&B isn't doing all that well now that the newness factor has worn off (Meri fans living nearby staying for a night or two while passing through Parowan). 

I personally hope she's doing well with the B&B, both for her sake and her mom's. And I hope she's making all she can from LLR while it's still afloat and she gets set up in a new gig once LLR finally crashes/burns. I also hope if there's another season we stop seeing bitchy/mopey Meri and see a happier, more confident woman moving forward. 

• Love 5
On 4/21/2019 at 9:39 PM, Canadian Girl said:

God I'd love to see Meri with a cute smooth chin-length bob or lob in a medium brown, and no fake orange tan, and no eyeliner on her bottom lids. Give up on the long blonde crunchy hair woman!!

More so about the kids.... they have money.. why are they not getting their hair professionally dyed?? They all look terrible, except Aspyn because she either doesnt do anything or gets highlights. Her hair is lovely.  But Maddy, Mariah and Mykelti.... OMG go to a salon!

On 4/21/2019 at 10:50 PM, tabloidlover said:

Anyone else wondering where Mariah found $$ for Audge’s engagement ring?

No, because she's on the show so she's getting paid. No matter what these people want us to believe, they are not hurting for money. 

20 hours ago, deirdra said:

The gene for red hair is recessive, so a baby needs two copies of the gene to be a ginger (like me).  That means even if both parents carry the gene, just one in four of their children are likely to turn out to be a redhead (my 3 siblings are brunettes & blondes). Out of my 16 cousins, only two other zygotes turned out to be gingers, one turned into a pair of identical twins.

Does Aspyn even carry the gene? If not, she will have 0 gingers, if yes she may have 1/4 gingers.  She has looked strawberry-blondish lately, but I don't remember it from when she was younger and none of her extended family looks to be a natural ginger to me. Given her fambly's penchant for hair dye, I wouldn't put it past her to use a non-permanent dye, which would explain why she usually looks blonde and only sometimes strawberry blonde.

I feel like ginger babies are taking over the world. No joke. Everyone I know has a ginger kid.  Even my nephew and I don't think there's a true red-head anywhere on my side of the family, we're all mainly dark blonde or brown hair and my SIL has dark brown hair.  

• Love 1
16 hours ago, endure said:

I should have also added that Kody should take it upon himself.  I am sure they all value their spiritual marriage but Christine seems to want that extra validation for herself.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Even if he could I don't believe he'll ever marry Christine.  She can flirt and call him "love" all she wants, but those feelings for her are just not there. He may love her, but he's in love with Robyn, and his nonverbal cues are vastly different when he's with Robyn than when with Christine.  It's sad to see such a dynamic woman settle for so little a man.

I don't know man, I've never seen him slap Robyn's behind!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

You’ve all pretty much summer it up. YAWN. And yes, Meri, everyone thought you were gonna leave the family ‘cause you once proclaimed you might. On national television (and we’ve all seen the messages and voicemails you left for your love and let’s not forget the banana). 

Anyway, this family has exhausted every story line. This season was a disappointing bore. Unless they have a season where Meri ditches them for real, I’m done with this show. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

I haven't watched yet - and may not because they are so incredibly boring it's painful- but this was the same woman who did the Seeking  Sister Wife reunion, and I thought she did a pretty good job there. she asked the right questions and we had some good moments of horny men squirming. The Browns must control the questions as they do everything else which is why this show is so insufferable 

You should only watch it if you have a history of not instantaneously vomiting. She’s horrible. With her weird neckwear she nods, smiles and laughs in delight and indulges them in all ways.  She also asks questions and answers them while asking. I think she views herself quite an insightful therapist type but she came off as a sycophant.  

I’m horrible at names but especially non standard names so forgive me on this next part as I just don’t have the energy to figure out who was who. Ok, the married kids.  The couple on left couch- the normal weight ones. When it started her husband had his hand on her leg in a very natural and loving way. I noticed on the right couch Fat Tony’s wife spotted this. At this moment they weren’t touching. Cut to next scene and Tony and she are awkwardly as hell holding hands, touching legs- I start wondering if dry humping will ensue. It was hilarious to watch it.  

And yes to above about asking about children.  So much wrong with that.

I recently had a lesbian friend get engaged.  Her girlfriend asked her.  Bc we are close and all questions are fair game I asked how that was determined.  Her future intended had previously been married (to a man) and therefore she’s been proposed to  so my friend felt she deserved (for lack of a better word) to experience that.  Makes sense to me.  Guess you just talk those things through as all couples do. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I still want to know what happened to Christine’s mother and the bed and breakfast. I guess we’ll never know.

Meri probably thought she can get some of Kody's father's inheritance from her to open the B&B, when she found out there was nothing left, she went to Kody, he said no and then probably Bonnie could come up with the down payment and Meri ousted everyone else. 

Because it needed to come back to the fambily .. it rilly did and it was a big dill 

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • LOL 8

Another thing that bothered me was Robyn’s nonchalant attitude to her wedding certificate. She’s so transparent. Down to the nerve she doesn’t even know where it is (framed in her closet).  And the idiot host bought it and was like “just look at that love”. 

Ughh that made me so angry. For all the other wives. 

• Love 16
20 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Meri probably thought she can get some of Kody's father's inheritance from her to open the B&B...

Except Christine's mom (Annie) was not the one married to Kody's father.  I think you're thinking of Janelle's mom (Sheryl).

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Except Christine's mom (Annie) was not the one married to Kody's father.  I think you're thinking of Janelle's mom (Sheryl).

Oh yeah, not sure why I thought it was Christines mom - I get them confused.  But now even more curious as to by Christine's mom got the boot from the B&B

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

Another thing that bothered me was Robyn’s nonchalant attitude to her wedding certificate. She’s so transparent. Down to the nerve she doesn’t even know where it is (framed in her closet).  And the idiot host bought it and was like “just look at that love”. 

Ughh that made me so angry. For all the other wives. 

Especially when Christine would absolutely cherish that certificate.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Yes, Christine, alone, makes me sad. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

Yes, Christine, alone, makes me sad. 

She does me as well but I’m not holding out. Robyn is one of these people who isn’t aging well. She was never a beauty to begin with but she’s got a real harshness about her and I don’t meant physically. 

Shes becoming a shrew. She is talking about where she wants her bones laid. Even typing about her makes me feel a little tired but in a different way than typing about Janelle does. Janelle oddly owns it “shit, I just watched 4 seasons of Breaking Bad which exhausts me mentally and made lunch and you want to meet” vibe which I kind of respect. Robyn’s emotionally draining and that will wear on him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Yes, Christine deserves a legal marriage, for once.  I've said it before, but for many years, she was the least appreciated, and the most devoted.

Robo will never quit squeezing Kootie's balls.  He has a short leash, and must do as the Queen dictates.  When he promises, she holds him to it!

• Love 3

If there is another season and I have no reason yet to think there won’t be one. After all there have been assumptions made for years that it’s the last season. Yet, every time they come back! I think they are all willing to do whatever  it takes to keep the TLC checks coming in!

There are a couple of obvious storylines.  One is Robyn “legally divorcing” Kody so he can get Christine her “piece of paper “  Number two involves Aspyn and Mitch. He will take another wife. In fact I would not doubt they are potential spin off material!

Edited by Cara
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, kimaken said:

My guess is that the "hired staff" are other family members who get paid ONLY when there's work. So if there's a weekend when there are guests, Meri's mom (Bonnie) calls in "the troops" to help her out, and since she keeps the books, she pays each person accordingly. When there are no guests, she doesn't need "the troops".

When we stayed there last August, the wonderful cook was a woman who lives in town who used to work for a catering firm - not a relative.  I don't believe those who clean the house are relatives either.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

When we stayed there last August, the wonderful cook was a woman who lives in town who used to work for a catering firm - not a relative.  I don't believe those who clean the house are relatives either.

Did you see any ghosts! 😉

Sorry that place looks creepy!

Edited by Cara
  • LOL 3

These ladies explained that it’s creepy for a man to pursue more women, yet the whole point of polygyny is for a man to have more women - since it it his natural inclination. So to legitimize this practice the wives pretend their husbands are not desirous of other women until she finds him one? 

It seems that the only way to remain consistent is to allow the men to pursue as many women as they want. If it’s not wrong, it’s not wrong and if it’s holy then who dares put a cap on it? Besides, will four lovers cause a man to never look aside again? Not according to their own principle, which means these men are expected to exert some form of ongoing self-denial anyway. 

Kody once referred to a man with ten wives as a “jack wagon”.  He was admitting that having ten women was inappropriate. Where’s the line then and who drew it?

Because, really, if it’s better for a man to be faithful to a very small number of women (when he naturally wants lots more) then it’s best to be faithful to one. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 4/22/2019 at 1:14 PM, kicotan said:

I’ve always wondered why non-traditional relationship folks engage in traditional marriage situations.

Mariah got down on one knee and proposed...with ring in hand...whilst waiting for Audrey to accept.  Will Audrey wear a white wedding dress at the ceremony and Mariah be clad in a rental tuxedo as well?  Will Audrey have a bridal shower and bridesmaids and Mariah will have a bachelor party and groomsmen?

ad nauseum

One of the great freedoms of non-traditional relationships is that you can do anything you want. My partner and I each proposed because we wanted to. I got on a knee, she didn't. We're both wearing dresses (though if we were getting married in a cooler climate I would seriously consider a tuxedo). Neither of us are doing the father-daughter dance or ridiculous "giving away." We each have a mixed-gender bridal party (never understood separating the genders, even in hetero weddings) who can wear pants, dresses, whatever. We pick and choose which so-called tradition fits us, and every couple is different. It's pretty great and traditional couples should give it a shot. It forces you to examine your relationship and see what's right for you rather than just adhering to the same norms everyone else follows. It's...refreshing and surprisingly fun, I dare to say.

Edited by monagatuna
  • Useful 1
  • Love 23

Instead of having daddy give his daughter away like chattel, many brides and grooms have both parents walk them down the aisle, though it gets complicated with divorces and parents who have never been supportive.  I was at one wedding where the bride had her biodad and mother walk her down the aisle even though he had abandoned the family when she was a toddler and the stepdad who raised her was present. She must have chosen biodad for a reason, perhaps a new beginning, but virtually everyone at the wedding was speculating throughout the ceremony and dinner.

Having both parents escort the bride and the groom down the aisle is common in Jewish weddings. My eldest sister got married in 1972 and our parents and her fiancées parents did this. As did we at my wedding. 

Its less of a giving away as a demonstration of support from the family. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9