Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Tell All: Part 2

• Start Topic

The looming question about the motives behind Meri's desire to buy the bed and breakfast is finally answered.

But, but...I thought she bought Lizzie Borden's Inn because family history! That is what she has been saying, repeatedly, in every show. You mean there might be another reason? {snark}

You know, I really can't remember anything that happened this season, other than Aspyn's poor-fitting wedding dress and ten acres of dirt. Oh, and Shirley Temple curls on Kodouche. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

But, but...I thought she bought Lizzie Borden's Inn because family history! That is what she has been saying, repeatedly, in every show. You mean there might be another reason? {snark}

You know, I really can't remember anything that happened this season, other than Aspyn's poor-fitting wedding dress and ten acres of dirt. Oh, and Shirley Temple curls on Kodouche. 

Well, you summed it up pretty well.  

Meri is rewriting history, just like her dear sister wife, Robo.  Whatever they say, or do, over & over, just HAS to be true.  Right?  LOL

• Love 14

Well this is very interesting. Now they are revisiting the B&B purchase, and it appears nobody believed anything anybody was saying to each other at that time. Great plural marriage there.

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Well this is very interesting. Now they are revisiting the B&B purchase, and it appears nobody believed anything anybody was saying to each other at that time. Great plural marriage there.

Do they think the that B&B house is now in the Kody family, I thought that's what I kind of heard.  I thought it was Meri's personal purchase for herself.

Edited by endure
  • Love 8

Of course nothing was brought up about their financial woes, the selling of the remaining Vegas homes and the drawings for the multi family 'Brown compound' in Flagstaff.

• Love 16

I have real sympathy for the children these five nitwits have brought into the world. I can't believe how selfish they are-moving 19 times? So it's not enough that your kids are part of some grand experiment you're living, but they get to always be the "new kid"? Stunning in their stupidity. Questionable parenting at best.

• Love 9

The cameraperson must have had a hard time telling Mariah and Mykankles apart, since they were focused on MyK for several seconds during the beginning of the Mariah vs Meri discussion before switching over to Mariah.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Bunnyto4 said:

I have real sympathy for the children these five nitwits have brought into the world. I can't believe how selfish they are-moving 19 times? So it's not enough that your kids are part of some grand experiment you're living, but they get to always be the "new kid"? Stunning in their stupidity. Questionable parenting at best.

Well, for a while at least, their children were homeschooled, so there's that.

53 minutes ago, endure said:

Of course nothing was brought up about their financial woes, the selling of the remaining Vegas homes and the drawings for the multi family 'Brown compound' in Flagstaff.

God, I wonder if there is going to be another season with these storylines. Bet they are setting up for that.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Just how many times did they show that advertisement for 90 Day Fiance? I wouldn't watch that show if you paid me. At one point there were 4 minutes of ads between scenes. 

It’s my guilty indulgence. Sister wives is mere filler between seasons. Sad, but true

• LOL 6
  • Love 13
21 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

Where is Logan these days? Also Hunter and Garrison and Paedon? Have all the older boys jumped ship?

Hunter, Garrison and Paedon are in the military and I think Logan has just distanced himself from the show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Total yawn-fest.

Mariah’s head bobbing up and down the whole time her fiancée was talking was almost more awkward than the way Aspyn swoons at Mitch when he’s talking.

I also think they skipped over a few reasons why being legally married is advantageous-just sayin’.

“...Prior to the enactment of DOMA, the GAO identified 1,049 federal statutory provisions in which benefits, rights, and privileges are contingent on marital status or in which marital status is a factor. An update was published in 2004 by the GAO covering the period between September 21, 1996 (when DOMA was signed into law), and December 31, 2003. The update identified 120 new statutory provisions involving marital status, and 31 statutory provisions involving marital status repealed or amended in such a way as to eliminate marital status as a factor...” - Wikipedia 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Anyone else wondering where Mariah found $$ for Audge’s engagement ring?

I was wondering why Audrey is wearing a ring, but Mariah does not have one?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

This host is soooooo awful, she asks the most fawning questions and then basically answers it herself.... Or paves the way for them to agree.

I hated her style of interviewing... stupid blouse and hair scrunchie neck rag as well.  🙄

Way to go TLC maybe next year you can just let the Brown's ask and answer their own questions.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity
  • LOL 7
  • Love 17

I can't believe this ridiculous faaaamly gets away with saying absolutely nothing in two TELL ALL episodes! How boring. The Ho Wives don't get away with that and these snorefests absolutely need those paychecks - I realize Bravo is another network. Is TLC pretending to have some standards? When was the last time they had to answer questions about the bedhopping schedule? And they get away with refusing to talk about sex and that jealousy cause they're God-ly following I guess. The only time they talk Plyg is when they're weeping over the laws. When was the last time we saw a fake church service at home? Well, Christine, I hate to tell you you are not legally married. Say it as much as you want - still not true. 

Daughter informed me the horrible host was from MTV days and is well known. She might've been the worst ever. Her tongue must be sore being stuck up some scary places.  And why was she dressed in a Kohls blouse? Horrible. She was petite and couldve looked great especially next to the great big girls surrounding her. And I shop at Kohls all the time lol! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Just how many times did they show that advertisement for 90 Day Fiance? I wouldn't watch that show if you paid me. At one point there were 4 minutes of ads between scenes. 

the DVR is my friend.

9 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

God, I wonder if there is going to be another season with these storylines. Bet they are setting up for that.

I hope so.  I am curious to see what happens with this family.  

• Love 4

I skipped last night's tell all too.  I just didn't think it was an hour worth investing.  I come here to read about it.  Maybe, I'll catch it later on.  Not sure......probably not. lol I did want to an update on Tony and Mykelti.  I have a fair amount of curiosity about them.  I just wonder what's going on there.  I mean, besides Mykelti's new job in fashion. 

• Love 4

I can't believe Janelle didn't yawn a few times.  Edited out, for sure.  Even Kootie looked bored.  Stupid There-From-The-Freaking-Beginning Robo pontificating bullshit about how they all aren't out for themselves.  WTF was the whole damn family following YOU, Robo, to  Flagstaff, then, if not looking out for your selfish self?  

Another tell-nothing bites the prairie dog dust.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Way to go TLC maybe next year you can just let the Brown's ask and answer their own questions.

I vote they just don't do an end of season pretend talking episode at all.  When they do so little of note, there is nothing to wrap up.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, 65mickey said:

That's the reason I almost always watch TLC shows after I have recorded them.  FF is your friend.  If I do the live chats, I am barely seeing the show as it airs because I am trying to keep up with the snarking.

8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

This host is soooooo awful, she asks the most fawning questions and then basically answers it herself.... Or paves the way for them to agree.

I hated her style of interviewing... stupid blouse and hair scrunchie neck rag as well.  🙄

8 hours ago, endure said:

The end of another season of Goldielocks and the Four Bores! 

That about sums it up.  Brilliant!!! Bravo!!!

I can never get these multiple quotes right.   Argh, indeed!

I have no clue who this SuChin person is, although I saw her do the "tell" for that other poly show "Seeking Sister Wives."  I think she did a much better job with them, probably because that show was only in a second season plus it is made up of 4 families each with their own stories who do not present a somewhat united front like the Browns might.

When I first glanced at her blouse I thought it had some kind of weird collar that had worked its way loose.  I guess I could have paused the show for a closer lock at it, but I wasn't that interested.

Dear TPTB at TLC,  the catfish story line is over.  Please stick a fork in it .  It is done.  This catfish is no more; it is not pining for the fjords.  It is expired and gone to meet its maker. It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off its mortal coil, rung down the curtain, and joined the choir invisible.  It is an ex-catfish. 

In one of the replays I swear I heard Janelle also say Kody was the first person she dated.  So she married Meri's brother without dating him?  I wish she would be honest about Kody not being her one and only. 

Well, Christine you are the only one of these four who were never legally married; you are also the only one who has not been divorced.  I don't consider any of these people married except for Robyn and Kody. 

I would watch another season if they do a cross-over with Dr Now. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

In one of the replays I swear I heard Janelle also say Kody was the first person she dated.  So she married Meri's brother without dating him?  I wish she would be honest about Kody not being her one and only. 

No, Meri and Christine were the ones who said Kody was the first person they ever dated. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Bunnyto4 said:

I have real sympathy for the children these five nitwits have brought into the world.

I would if the kids had clearly drunk the Kool-aid they've been served their entire lives, but have a look at the 'escapees' - the kids that have aged out of the family.

Not one of them have chosen the lifestyle the parents are living.  Some have gone into the military, some have chosen alternative lifestyles, some are entering into more traditional marriages.  The odds are out there that someone somewhere along the line will choose polygamy, but it's just been too crazy, the way the Browns do it, to be attractive to anyone that's had to grow up in it.

• Love 6

Not only was this dull with an inspid host, but it made me extra angry that I should've been watching part 2 of a SEEKING SISTER WIFE tell-all instead where some other better host asked Vanessa some real questions about leaving the Snowdens, dammit. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, b2H said:

Not one of them have chosen the lifestyle the parents are living.  Some have gone into the military, some have chosen alternative lifestyles, some are entering into more traditional marriages.  The odds are out there that someone somewhere along the line will choose polygamy, but it's just been too crazy, the way the Browns do it, to be attractive to anyone that's had to grow up in it.

I think the odds are pretty high that Aspyn will end up with sister wives regardless of what she says now. They said they are moving back to Utah to be near his family.  She is married to the AUB leader’s grandson. And I believe they said all of his siblings are in polygamist marriages. 

Edited by Cara
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, b2H said:

I would if the kids had clearly drunk the Kool-aid they've been served their entire lives, but have a look at the 'escapees' - the kids that have aged out of the family.

Most likely to choose polygamy are Robyn's kids. Christine's maybe. They have both been favored wives so their children would have had more Kool aid. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Yeah, we never do get the real dirt but I don’t actually expect it anymore. Not sure why I watch but I guess we all say that at one time or another.

I will say I enjoyed Janelle’s “brown-nose” gesture at Christine. Well deserved. And I normally feel that Tony is an immature jackass who I hope will grow up one day. But I enjoyed his answer to how he felt about being around opinionated women - he was funny and he poked a little fun at himself. I do hate to see him and Mykelti going to seed at such young ages. I hope they get it together.

as far as the bed-hopping schedule... I have to say I’m not hyper curious about this aspect. I don’t feel the same morbid curiosity as I do about the weirdos on Seeking Sister Wife. Which I don’t even watch but they still are in my head for some reason. I actually don’t think Kody is the same kind of oversexed creep. I have lots of problems about their arrangement but somehow Kody doesn’t seem that gross about it. Other than the basic dipping his wick into four women. I am not articulating this well. They just seem “normal,” relatively speaking. 

I am still chuckling, though, about this puzzlement about every plyg family in counseling being told that their dysfunction is due to polygamy. Hmmm. Could it be true??

And to wrap up my blathering: Do I understand that only some men receive the call to enter plural marriage? And that call comes before or after the wife spots a likely candidate? And do they believe that only polygamists get the gold ring in eternity? So... Kody gets tapped on the shoulder by God, which suggests that he’s “special” and worthy of his own eternal planet and family. Does he have to PROVE IT by “successfully” creating a plyg fam (however that would be evaluated)? Or does the mere “call” imply that he is already a god-to-be in the afterlife and therefore is King Shit here on Earth? And if that’s true, why do these wives feel free to mouth off to him? In the FLDS world (shudder), the women would be clearly subservient but the Browns are much much much more mainstream in their behavior. 

I’ve mentioned before that my brother converted to the LDS church and I would love to see if he could enlighten me on any of this but he can be kind of a dick about his religion and hard to talk to. When Sister Wives was first being promoted but before it aired, his wife asked me if I planned to watch and was like No way in Hell would we ever be polygamists. And my husband innocently asked my brother how plugs came to be - if for example it was to ensure large families to help with family farms - and my brother was basically quietly outraged and started spewing all the justifications. I confess I tuned it out, since i never ever planned to watch this show. Meanwhile my SIL is sitting there giving him deathrays. They’re mainstream LDS so polygamy is not for them anyway. But he isn’t appalled by it like my SIL and I are. Go figure. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Last week ended with Meri asking Kody if he’s good with her as some kind of cliffhanger that I rolled my eyes at.   Yet when we saw it again in part 2, it was interesting that his answer to her was “you’re in Flagstaff with us”.     Huh?   That’s not exactly an answer, dumbass.   It was quite telling however.

• Love 11

The looming question about the motives behind Meri's desire to buy the bed and breakfast is finally answered.

Every time Kody blathered on about what a bad investment the B&B was, I thought about this old cartoon that I loved (but couldn't find to post here). It was a picture of man walking into a B&B that was named "And the Horse You Rode Inn On" and the caption was "Bed and Breakfast and Attitude."

I wish Meri had named her B&B "And the Horse You Rode Inn On" in Kody's honor.

• LOL 7
27 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Most likely to choose polygamy are Robyn's kids. Christine's maybe. They have both been favored wives so their children would have had more Kool aid.  

I think Aspyn will be pressured into by her mother since Mitch is open to it.  I do think Robyn and Christine are the most supportive of polygamy, but from what we see Christine is a true believer and promoter for it.    I think Meri and Janelle are both phoning it in.   I doubt any of the  Brown boys will be polygamous.  I think Solomon and Truely and the youngest will have plenty of time to see how this trainwreck of a family plays out by watching old episodes from before they were born.   As soon as TLC stops filming the family I think they will see a drastic change in the family.  Maybe for good, but I doubt it. 

Also I thought maybe TLC was picking up the tab for the move plus giving them a housing allowance until the LV houses sold, but with their owing on the taxes, I guess not.  I just remember TLC helping the Duggars finish their house.  I would like to see the Browns each having a 3 br ranch house.   Equal houses for all!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, taragel said:

Not only was this dull with an inspid host, but it made me extra angry that I should've been watching part 2 of a SEEKING SISTER WIFE tell-all instead where some other better host asked Vanessa some real questions about leaving the Snowdens, dammit. 

It was the same host for both shows. SuChin must have taken a Xanax before this one. I thought she was really good on the Seeking Sister Wife edition.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

And to wrap up my blathering: Do I understand that only some men receive the call to enter plural marriage? And that call comes before or after the wife spots a likely candidate? And do they believe that only polygamists get the gold ring in eternity? So... Kody gets tapped on the shoulder by God, which suggests that he’s “special” and worthy of his own eternal planet and family. Does he have to PROVE IT by “successfully” creating a plyg fam (however that would be evaluated)? Or does the mere “call” imply that he is already a god-to-be in the afterlife and therefore is King Shit here on Earth? And if that’s true, why do these wives feel free to mouth off to him? In the FLDS world (shudder), the women would be clearly subservient but the Browns are much much much more mainstream in their behavior. 

I’ve mentioned before that my brother converted to the LDS church and I would love to see if he could enlighten me on any of this but he can be kind of a dick about his religion and hard to talk to. When Sister Wives was first being promoted but before it aired, his wife asked me if I planned to watch and was like No way in Hell would we ever be polygamists. And my husband innocently asked my brother how plugs came to be - if for example it was to ensure large families to help with family farms - and my brother was basically quietly outraged and started spewing all the justifications. I confess I tuned it out, since i never ever planned to watch this show. Meanwhile my SIL is sitting there giving him deathrays. They’re mainstream LDS so polygamy is not for them anyway. But he isn’t appalled by it like my SIL and I are. Go figure. 

This is honestly where I think the family, and in particular the wives, have benefitted from going public and doing the show. I think it has expanded their world view tremendously. Christine even said that doing the show helped her to realize that the world at large is not the enemy, and that there are people who are understanding and supportive or at the very least have a "live and let live" attitude, and that not everyone looks down on them and wants to persecute them. It sounds like many polygamists are raised in fear and secrecy and that of course can cause one to be very paranoid and wary of others.

For me, obviously the extreme polygamy sects are appalling and gross and there is no excuse or defense for them. But folks like the Browns don't bother me at all. Well, aside from when one of them does something annoying or snark-worthy, but that applies to people in general, lol.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 16

Is the B & B not doing well?  Kody said he still doesn't think it was a good investment, so it makes me wonder. 

Aspyn is going to be pressured from all sides.  Maybe even manipulated long enough to think it's her idea.  I wish she had enough life experience to know she should make it crystal clear to Mitch, and anybody else, that she and Mitch are making vows into a monogamous marriage.  Any future courting breaks those vows, and she is free to go and not carry the label of the person who dissolved the marriage.  Bye.   

• Love 13