Type keyword(s) to search

Galavant In The Media

Yay! At least Izzy's in this one!

I lol'd at that wizard? guy. If it only it was a 7 week extravaganza.

If they make the winter OUAT hiatus 12 weeks again next year like they did this year then maybe we WILL get a 7 or 10 week long musical comedy extravaganza!

Has anyone seen an announcement mentioning if there will be showings of season one before the season two premiere? I had them all taped but ran out of room - too many Doctor Who episodes saved.

Kat Likkel just tweeted today that all of S1 will be available on iTunes for free in December.

• Love 2

I just checked and the episodes are $2.99 each.  If anyone sees it for free, please let us know.

She didn't specify when in December.  This Sunday will be 4 weeks out from the S2 premiere, so I wouldn't expect anything for free until at least then.

• Love 1

There are no words to describe how much I enjoyed that.  It was funny, entertaining, slightly twisted, and better than any opening number of any awards show that I've ever seen (sorry, Hugh Jackman, Billy Crystal, and Neil Patrick Harris).  I LOVED IT!!

Is it January 3 yet?  :)

• Love 5

The opening number was shared with Deadline.com today! http://deadline.com/2015/12/galavant-season-2-opening-musical-number-renewal-emmy-snub-scheduling-1201657886/

Sooooooo hilarious! 27 days to go!!!!

So awesome! Yes, people need to skip football to watch this. Galavant is far more entertaining. And you can watch Golden Globes highlights the next day.

I just realized we'll be on the road on the 3rd, which means I'll probably miss the season 2 premiere. ;_; we'll be traveling back home from Florida.

Maybe we'll stop at a hotel before the show starts.

• Love 1

According to the listings at The Futon Critic.com, ABC will be replaying a few episodes Saturday night Jan. 2.

Second season (yay!) premiere is Sun. Jan. 3, at 8pm.

I think that ABC is planning on airing "key" episodes from S1.  Not sure exactly what that means, though I'm guessing 4 out of the 8.  Obviously the pilot, probably "Comedy Gold" (Ep 4) and "It's All in the Executions" (Ep 8).  The fourth would be either "Completely Mad-Alena" (Ep 5) or "Dungeons and Dragon Lady" (Ep 6) - and I don't know which one they'd select because there are some key plot developments in both.  My pick would be Ep 6 if only because it firmly advances both the Madalena/Kingsley overthrow plot as well as Galabella ("Love Is Strange" is probably my favorite song from S1), but I can see an argument for Ep 5 also as it would be a darn shame to miss out on both of the Chef/Gwynne duets (which appear in Eps 5 & 7). 

Now, if they air a 3-hour block and only cut two episodes, I could see them cutting "Joust Friends" (Ep 2) and "My Cousin Izzy" (Ep 7).  We'll know in another week or so, I'd think.

I began to download the episodes, and it stopped at episode 3. :( Apparently my ipod touch (it's a 4th generation, so it's probably considered ancient), doesn't have enough space. And the regular computer is pulling the "you already have 5 devices connected, so we aren't going to let you download the episodes" crap on me. Our computer should be the first on that 5-device list, so it's making me grumpy. Blah

Edited by HoodlumSheep

I think that ABC is planning on airing "key" episodes from S1.  Not sure exactly what that means, though I'm guessing 4 out of the 8.  Obviously the pilot, probably "Comedy Gold" (Ep 4) and "It's All in the Executions" (Ep 8).  The fourth would be either "Completely Mad-Alena" (Ep 5) or "Dungeons and Dragon Lady" (Ep 6) - ....

Good guesses! The episodes they're replaying are Pilot, #4, 6, and 8.

• Love 1

Variety also reviews S2. Not sure it's overly spoilery; mentions of a couple things that happen this season, which may have already been discussed here; plus the S2 premiere ep title, which already has a thread posted here; plus the lyrics to what the writer claims is a song in that ep. It's a good review though.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/reviews/galavant-season-2-review-abc-musical-comedy-1201668360/

I don't know -- that almost sounded more like damning with faint praise to me.

• Love 1

Last year there was a HUGE advertising blitz that was impossible to miss. This year even I didn't realize the series was starting up again until my trusty DVR turned itself on and started recording (I'll never badmouth you again, DVR!). And I am not a casual viewer; I'm at a loss to think of how a show could be made more suited to my taste than Galavant is.

• Love 3

You really didn't see all the promotion? I saw the commercial multiple times a day the past few weeks. Maybe I just watch a lot of ABC but I felt it was more promoted this year and was happy to see it. I actually stopped channel searching every time I saw the commercials so I could enjoy them. haha

• Love 2

http://tvline.com/2015/12/30/galavant-season-2-preview/

TVLINE | What would you say is the most bawdy moment of the season?

The most bawdy moment of the season is the thing that ABC wouldn’t let us air. It was a song that Alan and Glenn wrote called “Your Mother Is a Whore,” which is the funniest thing I’ve ever heard in my life. The idea was that for Gareth’s birthday, Madalena wants to throw him a party but she can only do stuff that a fancy king would want — and all Gareth wants is to go to a bar and get in a fist fight, because that’s what he does. So they go to a bar and Madalena is like, “So, now what do you do?” He’s like, “You insult someone, you call their mother a whore and then away you go.” But now when he insults someone as king, when he says their mother is — I think we ended up saying “floosy” or something more kid-friendly — immediately they’re like, “Yes, indeed, my king! She’s the biggest floosy in all the land!” Alan and Glenn saw that in the script and turned it into a song. We’re going to be at [the San Francisco] SketchFest next week and we’re going to play Alan and Glenn’s demo.
But as far as the bawdiest thing we kept…. We have a really great song with Sheridan Smith (Mrs. Biggs) where she’s the anti-princess. That’s pretty cool.

Oh for all that is good and holy, someone *please* find this demo

• Love 2

Seriously.  San Francisco.  Its Friday night at 7:30PM.  You have a chance to see Omundson (Richard), David (Isabella), Jansen (Madalena), and Youngblood (Sid) for $25 dollars.  Twenty.  Five, Dollars.  If you don't go then Californians really are crazy. 

I seriously wish that I had the money and desire to make the 12-hr road trip down there for this. I have plenty of friends, plus my youngest brother, who live in the East Bay so I wouldn't even need to pay for a hotel room.  Alas, I'm unemployed at the moment so while I have the time, I definitely don't have the money.  :-(

There was a preview of "Maybe You Won't Die Alone" and it was awesome! I can't be the only one that was reminded of "Kiss the Girl"! It's not a coincidence that Gal was wearing a RED minstrel costume...

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1

You really didn't see all the promotion? I saw the commercial multiple times a day the past few weeks. Maybe I just watch a lot of ABC but I felt it was more promoted this year and was happy to see it. I actually stopped channel searching every time I saw the commercials so I could enjoy them. haha

I've been keeping my eye on the Galavant promotion this season (at least on twitter, but I was keeping my eyes open elsewhere too) and there was what felt like little up until they began filming again in season 2. I guess when you go back in time with their twitter feed there was some stuff, but as a regular twitter user it felt like there was rarely a post made by the official twitter account. It was when filming started that they kicked it into a higher gear. The galavant twitter dropped the ball a little imo. They should have remained more active throughout the first half of the year. Heck, the first commercials didn't start until december.

The FAN twitter account did a better job at promoting the new season and staying active with the fans than the official twitter account.

I thought the promotion for season 2 was...not the best until we basically hit november/december.

I'm also gonna factor in that the official account managed to get Luke's b-day wrong and spelled Madalena wrong...

But maybe I'm expecting too much by way of advertisement. I like when accounts stay decently active year-round, rather than staying quiet-ish up until a month or so before it airs.

Tim and Karen were on The View, and talked a bit about season 2.

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/video/pl55492969/vdka0_igrnvztg

Edited by HoodlumSheep

Yes, HoodlumSheep, I agree.  I only joined Twitter last spring and only found the Galavant Twitter accounts in the late summer, after filming had started. The two fan-run Twitter accounts, GalavantTVABC and RoadToGalavant, were far more active in promoting the show, especially GalavantTVABC, than either the official Galavant feed or the official Season 2 feed.  The official one has definitely started sharing more in the last couple months but heck, even in November and December they weren't sharing the new promos on their feed immediately after they'd aired on the network.  It's certainly not for a lack of information and news either - Timothy Omundson, Karen David, Darren Evans, Gen Allenbury, & Kat Likkel are all very active and generous with the show's Twitter fandom.

I've been keeping my eye on the Galavant promotion this season (at least on twitter, but I was keeping my eyes open elsewhere too) and there was what felt like little up until they began filming again in season 2. I guess when you go back in time with their twitter feed there was some stuff, but as a regular twitter user it felt like there was rarely a post made by the official twitter account. It was when filming started that they kicked it into a higher gear. The galavant twitter dropped the ball a little imo. They should have remained more active throughout the first half of the year. Heck, the first commercials didn't start until december.

The FAN twitter account did a better job at promoting the new season and staying active with the fans than the official twitter account.

I thought the promotion for season 2 was...not the best until we basically hit november/december.

I'm also gonna factor in that the official account managed to get Luke's b-day wrong and spelled Madalena wrong...

But maybe I'm expecting too much by way of advertisement. I like when accounts stay decently active year-round, rather than staying quiet-ish up until a month or so before it airs.

Tim and Karen were on The View, and talked a bit about season 2.

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/video/pl55492969/vdka0_igrnvztg

They were also on Good Morning America (aka GMA).

https://gma.yahoo.com/video/cast-galavant-talks-season-165905731.html

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/galavant-stars-live-times-square-36161736

Apologies to those who can't see these because of website viewing location restrictions; I couldn't find them on YouTube.

They never made it to SF Sketchfest Friday, with whomever else was going. Tim Tweeted they got hung up by their United flight having delay-causing issues.

Edited by BW Manilowe