Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Brittany and the Beast

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

At that prior meal where Jax (non) hilariously let everyone know he’s not put anything together in their house  and Brittany’s done it all rubbed me the wrong way. I don’t like that humor. I wish he had given her 100% credit from the get go and admired her skills if he had to bring it up. 

Not to mention is it really a great idea to illustrate to her family that you can so easily lie to their faces when the main issue with you is that you are  lying piece of shit?

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
21 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Not to mention is it really a great idea to illustrate to her family that you can so easily to their faces when they main issue with you is that you are  lying piece of shit?

Great point. He turns me off on so many levels. I feel I can speak from a bit of experience bc he, Shep (Southern Charm) and Iare all about the same age and while I’m female have lived oddly similar lives. But through relationships and maturity, even if I fought it, I can’t fathom acting the way he does. He’s not good. She does not need to marry him. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, gingerella said:

Adriana I used to like but she's as asshole now too. Her entitled bitchiness is unmatched.

I think this has always been true.  But I think she's more likable now than she used to be.

But I think I might luv her because she's going to call LvP on her shit and that is going to be epic.  That dinner at TomTom was hysterical.  Tom is sitting there half egging her on (we're LvP's punching bags) and half begging silently with his eyes that she not do it.  Stassi and Kristen said not a word to deter her outloud but they feel validated and know its going to be a giant cluster.  They aren't good enough friends with Ariana to stop her.  Get out the popcorn.

5 hours ago, princelina said:

Now I know he wants to be on this tv show, but if he's such a great DJ what keeps him from shopping his "See You Next Tuesday" thing around to other bars and restaurants?

He is doing other venues but I think he knows that its the show that is the draw even at other places.  That is why he is unraveling because the cast is so effectively icing him out of filming while LvP won't let him work at SUR and keep his place in the show that way.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Blech at Scheana's Lavender Talons clamping down on that guys crotch in the kitchen..and did she really just brag about threesomes with the Green Bay Packers among many other franchises????

i don't find Adam too attractive at all.   

I will give Brittany's mom credit she was not wearing frosted lip color! She looked the best she's looked at least on Bravo.   

Looking forward to Brittany's dad conversing with Stassi next week.   

How did Katie not know what a matron of honor was? And yeah she is matronly so that is perfect.   Did Kristen really cry out "she's the light of my life!" re Brit at the bridal gown try on?????

agree with those who are sick of the LVP/James repeated meetings.    

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Rubyslippahz said:

How did Katie not know what a matron of honor was? And yeah she is matronly so that is perfect.   Did Kristen really cry out "she's the light of my life!" re Brit at the bridal gown try on?????

Even though it’s correct I haven’t been to or been a part of a wedding where the term was used regardless of the age or marital status of the maid of honor. Also, the way Brittany phrases it made it seem like it was something different than maid of honor.

Kristen call me old fashioned but I tend to think if you fucked the groom you shouldn’t be the maid of honor!

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

I know some think James was high during his scene with Lala, but I feel like he was desperately trying to tamp down his feelings and emotions when having to film with Lala who he has grown to despise. However, he knows how few people will film with him. These assholes don't know that they need James. There is very little that is actually entertaining about the rest of the cast. Lala is opportunistic gold-digging trash. Katie is a lazy asshole. #NaziChic is a barely concealed bigot. Kristen is an unstable loon. Scheana is a desperate mess who needs a ton of external validation. Jax is too comfortable and lazy to hide his sociopathy. Brittany has decided to dial up the down home folksiness to distract from the fact that she's marrying a piece of shit who treats her like garbage. And when they're all together they're too busy giving each other handjobs to generate anything actually interesting to watch. James is one of the few sources of real tension on this show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I had to google matron of honour I didn’t know what it was either.

Like someone rose said Janes is upset because he is basically being pushed out of the show. It’s kind of his own fault tho.

I FF a lot of the dress shopping. Boring. Brittany just really wants a wedding. It’s like she’s tired of waiting so she’s settling for Jax so she can have the big party before she gets older.

Brittanys bros telling Jax he needs their blessings as well was weird. It’s 2019. Brittany’s whole family annoys me actually.

I feel like there has to be more to the story with the Jax and his mother thing. Seems like they should at least talk about it tho and somehow try to get thru it. Maybe they have. Sucks to have no relationship tho to your only living parent.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

You’ve got to remember that it’s all scripted for the cameras.

I do remember - that's why I don't think they are wrong for going 😄 And for LVP to act like they are when she's talking to tabloids or whatever is a bitch move.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, princelina said:

I do remember - that's why I don't think they are wrong for going 😄 And for LVP to act like they are when she's talking to tabloids or whatever is a bitch move.

But that’s the whole dynamic she has with them which even Sandoval acknowledged and it happened during an interview when they were all together promoting both Tom Tom and the show, it seems more like she was previewing the season of hijinks and the season trip.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

But that’s the whole dynamic she has with them which even Sandoval acknowledged and it happened during an interview when they were all together promoting both Tom Tom and the show, it seems more like she was previewing the season of hijinks and the season trip.

Sandoval did acknowledge their dynamic; he was also offended that she talked about them that way in that context.  And I agree with him.

• Love 2

So Adam wants his cake and to eat it too? He doesn't want to date Scheana exclusively, but also doesn't want her dating other guys? Fuck right off, Adam. Ethan is way hotter anyway.

James is so desperate to get his DJ gig back at Sur? Weren't the other offers just flooding in for him last year and he was just waaaay to good for Sur? I do love watching his thirsty desperation though lol.

Poor Brittany. She's just in love with the wedding and getting married and all of the excitement that goes along with it I think. Not so much with all that married life entails.

Jax is and will always be, a self absorbed arsehole.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I know some think James was high during his scene with Lala, but I feel like he was desperately trying to tamp down his feelings and emotions when having to film with Lala who he has grown to despise. However, he knows how few people will film with him. These assholes don't know that they need James. There is very little that is actually entertaining about the rest of the cast. Lala is opportunistic gold-digging trash. Katie is a lazy asshole. #NaziChic is a barely concealed bigot. Kristen is an unstable loon. Scheana is a desperate mess who needs a ton of external validation. Jax is too comfortable and lazy to hide his sociopathy. Brittany has decided to dial up the down home folksiness to distract from the fact that she's marrying a piece of shit who treats her like garbage. And when they're all together they're too busy giving each other handjobs to generate anything actually interesting to watch. James is one of the few sources of real tension on this show.

I don’t know, that sounds like the makings of an entertaining cast right there. That’s why I tune in every week! The show was a hit before James and could continue without him. I mean, Stassi was the star of the show and it went on just fine without her. All that being said, I agree that James is no worse than most of these people—and a more productive member of society than about two-thirds of the cast.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I think he is trying to use the analogy of "put your oxygen mask on first" or you are no use to anyone else.  So in that regard, I agree.  I agree with you, he is SO inarticulate, and SUPER high at all times, so unable to express himself well.

That's what I thought too--he's probably parroting back some stuff he heard from a therapist, but he thinks that, instead of doing and showing and making actual steps, he can just say it out loud (like Michael Scott's "I...declare...bankruptcy!").

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

I don’t know, that sounds like the makings of an entertaining cast right there. That’s why I tune in every week! The show was a hit before James and could continue without him. I mean, Stassi was the star of the show and it went on just fine without her. All that being said, I agree that James is no worse than most of these people—and a more productive member of society than about two-thirds of the cast.

It might be interesting if this cast called each other on their shit, but they don't anymore. Ariana and Sandoval express a bit of concern about whether Jax' proposal is motivated by guilt and grief and they get screamed at enough that they don't bring it up again. Scheana is so scared shitless that she won't share anything with the group. No one except for Schwartz will mention that Katie is a lazy curdled shrew. And when Lala came back from the Gotti premiere, we should have seen more than LVP and James clowning Lala and the movie. Katie's meltdown over Schwartz working at the TomTom opening and the first class seat should have warranted more than just Schwartz calling her out, but it didn't. It's pretty clear that the main cast has some sort of non-aggression pact so they won't come for each other, but it's kind of killing the show. This is why the show needs James. We see tons of situation that should lead to a lot of conflict, but they've mostly fizzled out because something is happening behind the scenes with the cast. The only person who has been able to shake things up this season in the core group has been James.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, princelina said:

Sandoval did acknowledge their dynamic; he was also offended that she talked about them that way in that context.  And I agree with him.

She was only joking, everybody needs to lighten up. LVP is so funny!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, princelina said:

But Sandavol didn’t say anything about it when it happened and so she isn’t aware that it offended him since this is a long standing schtick they have and having his girlfriend bring it up at a social gathering isn’t going to improve matters. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8
On 4/23/2019 at 3:14 PM, lizajane said:

Eh, I could certainly live without her. Mostly because her voice and everything that comes out of her mouth makes my ears bleed.

Agree. The others snarking on Scheana is funny. The editing around Scheana is hilarious. But, in order to get that, you gotta deal with SCHEANA. And she's insufferable. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

jax and Brittany have gone so far beyond sleaze as to be nearly incomprehensible. I am sure the season finale will be a 'will they or won't they' type cliffhanger; presuming there is actually anyone out there who actually cares, I can see them milking the show for another full season, maybe two if they manage to reproduce (goddess forbid) and then maybe more, depending on how desperate bravo is at the given moment. I shudder to admit I do watch, but only selectively - I kinda like FI and Ariana, have a soft spot for the eternally downtrodden James - whom (altho I can't find anything really compelling about him, but he does seem to be trying to make his own niche without sucking up to anyone else for a free ride, so that is something) I don't feel should be blamed for the antics of the rest of his 'famly'; and am ever hopeful that Schwatzie will ultimately free himself from the dark, dreary and overly body-conscious bondage known as katie, who has become so totally unlikeable as to be an embarrassment whenever she gets airtime. Seriously woman, if you are so ashamed of your body (as she continuously appears to be) DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT JUST LIKE THE REST OF US, instead of bitching at every moron who brings it up!!

• Love 2

This show has become stale and is dying a slow death because the core cast freezes out any new cast members. I watch out of boredom now but I’m not interested in watching them become suberbanites. Britnny said on wwhl that they’ve al bought houses within the same neighborhood and I just don’t care.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, becauseIsaidso said:

jax and Brittany have gone so far beyond sleaze as to be nearly incomprehensible. I am sure the season finale will be a 'will they or won't they' type cliffhanger; pr

I doubt it. Next episode is the season finale and it seems like often happens at big events on these shoes they are going to be an afterthought at their own event.

20 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Exactly. They were probably previewing the season. Lisa knows she's going to be seen in the episode encouraging them to have a last fun fling before the real hard work begins. I think Arianna bringing this up at the engagement party is both a production-induced set-up to create drama as the season closes and also wildly inappropriate. None of them would have shit if they hadn't started working at Sur or wherever and been given the opportunity to be on this show, especially the lazy as all fuck Tom Schwartz and Katie.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, aussieinsydney said:

So Adam wants his cake and to eat it too? He doesn't want to date Scheana exclusively, but also doesn't want her dating other guys? Fuck right off, Adam. Ethan is way hotter anyway.

So much this. Scheana even spelled it out for him out loud. Yet in the previews, looks like Adam is doing the Offended Guy thing at her so she'll cave in to accepting the shitty terms he wants. Scheana, this dude is NOT your best friend. James would be a better best friend to you than this guy, and that's something I never thought I'd type. 

I am sick of James thinking a few weeks of alleged working on himself, while still rewarding himself with the (occasional? More?) drink, can anywhere come near a true redemption arc. It's been pointed out to him again and again that the moment anyone offers up anything other than "You can have your Sur job back," he instantly goes on blast. There's not even a visible switch flipped, it's that close to the surface. Does he not see this?! Has he been told behind the scenes that he'll get it back if he shows X and Y, only to keep having the script turn on him?

ETA: I'm no teetotaler, but the way these people cling to their right to drink excessively makes me think they've got nothing else in their lives. Just booze and Botox.

Edited by HouseofBeck
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, Rebky said:

Cauchis is "Jax's" real name??  It has to be a joke.  They are totally playing off the word couchie, which is what their ass is usually stuck to.

Indeed. He’s Jason Cauchi and when he or Brit begins planning to file for divorce on June 29, they’ll be The Cauchis. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Well I only really care about the main cast. The new ppl are lame and James thinks way too high of himself. I wouldn’t mind watching them in their new houses lol why not I’ve watched them this long.

• Love 7

I just watched this week's episode. The second-hand embarrassment that I had for Schenna was unbearable. Clearly she didn't learn anything from the Rob situation. She's regressing and it's not pretty. Her marriage didn't work so she's decided to be as wild and extreme as she can to do...what? Snag a rich man like Lala? Become the next Khardashian? I don't know what she's aiming for and it's kind of sad. She used to be one of the cast members who I didn't totally hate. She's nothing like her former self and I hate to see where she ends up in the next five years. 

Speaking of, outside of Jax who's in his 40s, are these other people going to still be working at SUR when they get as old as he is?

• Love 3

Why would Kristen think she would be the Maid of Honor?  Because she ate Brittany out?

This was a really gross episode with the cast putting their shittiness on a mantel for everyone to see.  Scheana seriously?  I wish I could be a fly on that wall and see how the making out on the bed thing happened. How set up was it...how awkward did she make it trying to naturally get on the bed with cameras around. That is not real intimacy. And then saying she had threesomes when she first got to Hollywood? No shame in having fun but I wondered what kind she had. Was she the girl with multiple guys, or she and another girl with one guy.  Oh, it must be like fucking a mud puddle by now!  And then she is like "Oh Adam is mad at me".  Stop playing games.

Then Jax with his "I have to take care of me first". You asshole!!  Brittany will take care of you. And you take care of her.  I can never in my life imagine being any of these people, saying any of the things they do or be in any situations they are in. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Why would Kristen think she would be the Maid of Honor?  Because she ate Brittany out?

And then saying she had threesomes when she first got to Hollywood? No shame in having fun but I wondered what kind she had. Was she the girl with multiple guys, or she and another girl with one guy.  Oh, it must be like fucking a mud puddle by now! 

Seems as good a reason as any, unless she makes all of her bridesmaids do that as a ritual to join her wedding sorority.

I wondered about the threesome thing too and have perhaps given it too much thought, but I think, if it’s all true,  Scheana was often in threesomes with (famous athlete) and another woman who is maybe prettier than she is, but not as desperate. Scheana is the chick who will do all manner of crazy shit to please (famous athlete). I could also see her offering BJs or sex to (famous athletes) with the offer to let (famous friends) watch.

Gah! And I can’t unsee these Scheana scenarios.

• Love 2
On 4/23/2019 at 12:12 PM, ghoulina said:

Speaking of Jax's sister, had we ever even heard of her before? 

Yeah, he likened having sex with Kristen to "banging my sister" in season 2.  But of course, none of us is surprised.

On 4/23/2019 at 12:21 PM, farmgal4 said:

I’m almost to the point of feeling sorry for her.  She’s one of the most shallow and superficial people I’ve ever seen.  I can’t imagine living a happy life that way.

Her 'happiness' depends on what people think about her, so unless she lets that go, she will never be happy.

On 4/23/2019 at 1:44 PM, ivygirl said:

I didn’t work out today, so cringing is my cardio!

neverending story discussion GIF

Give my shoulders and neck a really really great workout during my cringes.

On 4/23/2019 at 3:57 PM, queenjen said:

Did Scheana just say 'I've never been that girl who's like, I need to be married, I need to have kids. .'?????!!!!

Of course!  She also doesn't like presents and doesn't like flowers.

On 4/23/2019 at 8:57 PM, Kiki777 said:

Yeah I don't buy Sheana's sudden vixen persona.  Doesn't she seem like she'd be horrible in bed?  She'd spend half the time worrying about how she looks and the other half wondering what she's missing on social media.

Reminds me of Laurie from Cougar Town, when she said "If I really like a guy, I'll stop texting while we do it."

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

Of course!  She also doesn't like presents and doesn't like flowers.

She’s not like “other girls”, she’s different!!! 
((says every basic bitch ever))
Actually, it’s interesting that she once bought so hard into that vibe, because in doing so she basically traded one form of internalized misogyny for another:

https://www.genrisemedia.com/2019/12/19/the-problem-with-the-im-not-like-other-girls-caricature/

ED611E1A-4158-4883-819D-66E88D8B86F1.jpeg

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 4/20/2019 at 8:05 PM, OnceSane said:

"Brittany and the Beast". Scheana goes out with a model in an attempt to make Adam jealous; James accuses Lala of being insincere; Brittany's big Kentucky family descends on West Hollywood in preparation for the engagement party; Jax puts his foot in his mouth.

Wow, Schemer and her date with Ethan was obviously done to make Adam jealous and declare his love for her. Too bad that plan flailed so epically. I laughed when she claimed to look 26 years old and was football team groupie and then gagged when she talked about her dates making supper and then "going down" on her. She’s one of the most shallow, vapid, and desperate people I’ve ever seen. 

That bridal dress shopping was embarrassing. She seems more interested in having a Disney fairytale wedding than actually getting married to Jax. Why that guy there? Oh gawd, that bridal shower was ridiculous with the roses under glass.

Jax and his sister getting tattoos while carrying their father's ashes was just gross. Really classy to have your father's ashes with you in a candy box.

Honestly, I had to look up "matron of honor" because I never heard that term before.

Who was the guy staring at Jax during the men's dinner party labelled as "Jax's Brother-in-Law"? Aren't they all brothers-in-law? You could see that he knows Jax is a scumbag. It didn't help when Jax said he puts himself first, either. Too bad they didn't give him a Shivaree.

• Like 1