Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: Cillas' Story

• Start Topic

I haven’t watched this episode yet, although the live chat comments were beyond hysterical! You guys are so funny.

So, what’s up with that name? I kept hearing the word Chili in my head while reading the comments.

On the topic of EMTs/firefighters - my gym is right across the street from my building and a group of them work out there almost everyday. And they’re nice enough to park their vehicle right where I can see it from a window. I mean I gotta exercise right? And some days it’s the motivation I need!

And no Lola?!? Boo! Her voice is annoying but I love seeing what she’s wearing. She has a great sense of style.

Edited by WonTon
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 4/24/2019 at 10:55 PM, Kenzie said:

I wish some very well-known plus size catalog company would divulge how many 9x blouses and 10x shirts they ship so we could get an idea of how many 600+ pounders there are out there.

I suppose you could pose as an investor and ask for a (what's that word?) prospectus(?).

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Numbers aside, I think Justin had the bigger achievement because he really had to do it on his own. He was never hospitalized or confined to a place where the meals were restricted to his prescribed diet.

That said, they both did very, very well.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, newyawk said:

Numbers aside, I think Justin had the bigger achievement because he really had to do it on his own. He was never hospitalized or confined to a place where the meals were restricted to his prescribed diet.

He was hospitalized as soon as he arrived in Houston; Jessica stayed with him and left Nevaeh in Oklahoma with her sister.  I think the other two were with their dad's family.  From the hospital he went into rehab.  He lost a lot of weight during the hospital and rehab stay.  I think 138 pound in one munt.   At least that is my memory of it.

Meh!!! I did not find this to be a train wreck or an inspirational journey.  I got home for about the last 40 minutes and jumped into the live chat.  I am now conflicted on Wed night since The Amazing Race has returned for season one million and one.  I did quickly look at that forum to see who was out this week and was relieved that it was a team I did not like.

So he has someone come and bathe him 3 days a week.  Glad he has home health care for that.  It does leave Jessica to have to clean him 4 days a week since he is using the bed as a bathroom.  The commentary made it sound like home health care took care of that so no one else had to.  I think it was funky editing, because he was really bragging that the children weren't having to care for him.  I guess Cilla saw Milla and her episode.

Someone said something about getting him to lose weight was like "fighting a losing battle."  I found that so funny, because it was more like fighting a "gaining battle."

I was surprised there was no mention of Dr Now sending him to therapy.  I worry about his progress once he returns home as both his mom and sister are really obese.  I would think that would trigger some underlying issues.

If you recall LaShanta had a lot of stuff with zebra stripes.  I noticed that there was something zebra stripey hanging from what looked like a fire extinguisher in the kitchen.

Jessica needs to lose about 75 pounds herself.  And what's with all these tattoos on this show.  She had a huge red star on her leg. 

I cannot understand how Dr Now decides which patients need medical transport.  This man had been bed-bound and was on oxygen.  Surely he could have used a medical transport which would have saved him the stress of being slung around by the emts.  I did not notice their stopping for fast food on the trip, but I guess they got some at the hotel.  They were lucky to find a place where the rooms open into the parking lot as there seem to be fewer and fewer places like that now.

I would like a WATN episode.  He has a growth on his leg that looks horrid, and he will need a lot of skin surgery.   Maybe he can get plugs for his hair, too.  It looked like it had some pretty thin spots on top.  I tried hard not to notice.

I made my comments about the proposal on the live chat.  They still stand.  I do think he should have waited til she finished her dessert.  I am sure it was done just for the cameras.  Awkward!!!

I am going to have to re-watch a little of this as several pounders mentioned Jessica's necklace that has a gun on it.   I missed that. 

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I made my comments about the proposal on the live chat.  They still stand.  I do think he should have waited til she finished her dessert.  I am sure it was done just for the cameras.

I think it was staged for the show too. 

• Love 3

At least when this episode was over I was happy for the couple.  

I'm thinking Cillas is pretty normal and Jessica is the one with the problem.  

Why couldn't she be thoughtful and decide to get that 100 extra pounds off herself and also maybe skipped dessert at the proposal?  She was shoveling it in like a pounder.

But kudos for her when she hugged her kids and mom-in-law and didn't throw a hissy fit like that girl (Angela???) did a few weeks ago.

I think they are pretty decent people all in all.  I hope he is successful all the way through and wish them well.  It's nice that he can be a father to those kids.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

I am going to have to re-watch a little of this as several pounders mentioned Jessica's necklace that has a gun on it.   I missed that.

Her FB page has a photo indicating that she is pro-gun.  She seems to have a lot of pictures posted when she was thinner, but the Easter photo doesn't lie.

23 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

At least when this episode was over I was happy for the couple.  

I'm thinking Cillas is pretty normal and Jessica is the one with the problem.  

Why couldn't she be thoughtful and decide to get that 100 extra pounds off herself and also maybe skipped dessert at the proposal?  She was shoveling it in like a pounder.

But kudos for her when she hugged her kids and mom-in-law and didn't throw a hissy fit like that girl (Angela???) did a few weeks ago.

I think they are pretty decent people all in all.  I hope he is successful all the way through and wish them well.  It's nice that he can be a father to those kids.

I was on her FB page and it looks like she is trying to eat better. She posted a picture of two eggs and avocado and said she was down 5 lbs. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, newyawk said:

That said, they both did very, very well.

Numbers aside as well, I think Cillas had the bigger achievement because Justin was mobile. Cillas lost half of his 419 pounds while still bed-bound (other than his PT sessions) and had to learn to walk again, which he did in under a year. The other poundticipants who are bed-bound take quite a bit longer to walk again, if they walk again. [Some, like Milla, take a few years to walk again.]

Cillas had lots of motivation and worked hard.

Justin worked hard too, his story was more inspirational and people tended to like him better.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I was on her FB page and it looks like she is trying to eat better. She posted a picture of two eggs and avocado and said she was down 5 lbs. 

Only 95 more to go.

Snark over....I'll see myself out.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

Agree to disagree. When you have your food restricted for you, and you are unable to go out and buy more or bring it in via delivery, it's easier to lose weight. When you have the freedom to go buy whatever you want, because you are mobile and not confined to a hospital or dependent on someone, it is more of a challenge to stay on track.

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 9

I did think his weight loss was impressive even if he was boring. I think he lacked some personality or his voice was too monotone, I don't know, but ultimately he seemed nice, invested, and hardworking. I am really happy for him.

My interpretation was that the three girls had different fathers and Neveah was the only one whose custody arrangement had her with Cillas and Jessica 24/7. The others were gone because there was a more balanced custody assignment so Cillas was closer to Neveah. Who knows, though. 

• Love 11
On 4/25/2019 at 9:36 PM, zengirl1215 said:

This season hasn't had many success stories, so it's always nice to see a person try and do very well.  He seemed like a genuinely good-hearted guy, who really wanted to lose the weight and be healthy.  Kudos to him.  

Side note:  whether the participant succeeds or fails, this show doesn't need to be 2-hours long.  

Agreed. I could do without the obligatory nude shower/bathroom scenes, long car trip, and backstories that are sooooooooooo long it feels as if we're experiencing them real-time. 

• Love 7
On 4/25/2019 at 9:11 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

I wish I knew why his mom called him Silas and if she really thinks it’s spelled “Cillas” or if she was just being cre8ive. Everyone else pronounced it as it reads. 

Maybe his mom saw a bottle of probiotics and decided his full name would be Lactobacillus and "Cillas" as a nickname. I don't know, I got nothing else. I will see myself out. 

• LOL 12
On 4/25/2019 at 9:14 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I do think that his feelings of abandonment at an early age may make him overly affectionate  with his new "proclaimed" family, but, still.....his profuse references to the youngest child was troublesome. It just seemed unnatural. 

1000% agree.  It made me feel a bit creepy of the whole situation. Too much touchy feely going on.  I hope Jessica watches just to make sure there is no ill intent. 

• Love 4

Mom seemed pretty dumb. I doubt Cillas was anything clever. I bet she wanted Silas but didn’t know how to spell it. Kind of like LaShanta’s son being named Geramy. One of the interesting parts of this show is that you meet some people at the shallow end of the gene pool — poor, stupid and sick. There are a few bright ones like Justin, but they pop out from a sea of high school drop outs who are fat because they missed any learning about diet and exercise and don’t recognize their own starring role in their impending demise.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Concerned said:

Mom seemed pretty dumb. I doubt Cillas was anything clever. I bet she wanted Silas but didn’t know how to spell it. Kind of like LaShanta’s son being named Geramy. One of the interesting parts of this show is that you meet some people at the shallow end of the gene pool — poor, stupid and sick. There are a few bright ones like Justin, but they pop out from a sea of high school drop outs who are fat because they missed any learning about diet and exercise and don’t recognize their own starring role in their impending demise.

The concept of calories, and how to properly read a nutrition label seems beyond most of the participants capabilities.

"Oh, I'm ordering a 16-inch 5-meat pizza with no nutrition label? Zero calories !!!! Now THAT'S ON the 1200 calories diet !!!"

LOLOLOL 😂🍕

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, 7EasyPayments said:

The concept of calories, and how to properly read a nutrition label seems beyond most of the participants capabilities.

"Oh, I'm ordering a 16-inch 5-meat pizza with no nutrition label? Zero calories !!!! Now THAT'S ON the 1200 calories diet !!!"

LOLOLOL 😂🍕

That drives me mad, few participants seem to understand how to count calorie intake.  There is rarely a scene with anyone actually weighing or measuring a food when they’re preparing meals.  Having fought with my weight all my life I know perfectly well that what I can tell myself is four ounces of meat or fish can easily be six or even eight.  A single serving package is fine, but even then labels can be tricky and tell you there are two “servings” inside so it looks like the calories etc. are lower than what they actually are.  I am sure they have to attend classes with a nutritionist (or have one visit them as we’ve seen) but they either don’t understand or they just don’t want to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/27/2019 at 3:59 PM, kittyinthecity said:

I did think his weight loss was impressive even if he was boring. I think he lacked some personality or his voice was too monotone, I don't know, but ultimately he seemed nice, invested, and hardworking. I am really happy for him.

I am happy for him as well.   Mr Twopper has taught public speaking and has done some private coaching to help people do public readings.  The narrations on this show make his ears hurt.

7 hours ago, ThereButFor said:

That drives me mad, few participants seem to understand how to count calorie intake.  There is rarely a scene with anyone actually weighing or measuring a food when they’re preparing meals.  Having fought with my weight all my life I know perfectly well that what I can tell myself is four ounces of meat or fish can easily be six or even eight.  A single serving package is fine, but even then labels can be tricky and tell you there are two “servings” inside so it looks like the calories etc. are lower than what they actually are.  I am sure they have to attend classes with a nutritionist (or have one visit them as we’ve seen) but they either don’t understand or they just don’t want to.

I haven't fought weight my whole life but I have had several occasions when I gained what I thought was a lot of weight due to prednisone and I started counting calories.  I would love to see Dr Now use a white board when someone gains 32 pound in a munt to show them how much they would have to eat to gain that much.   I also wish instead of so much backstory about their awful lives, they would show us what the person ate in an average day and the calorie count.  They did that on a show from the UK once; it was very enlightening.   We can pretty much tell when the narration mentions "tweaking" the diet or "cheat day" that the weight loss goal will not be met.   Even his best patients tend to have problems with that.  Brittani who was very motivated, decided to go home to Oregon for several months and managed to gain so much weight that her skin removal surgery got postponed.  I think even when they might understand the mathematics in calorie counting, so many have the idea that they are different somehow and the rules can't possibly apply to them.  I think it was Penny who could tell from just looking at food how many calories it had.  I still think they should have scales at home ( you can order them from amazon that go up to 660-700)  pounds) as that would give them an idea of how much their tweaking was keeping them from their goal.  It wouldn't help the bed bound, but so far the majority of patients can still walk and stand.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Maybe I am in the minority here, but I really liked this one. His attitude was amazing, he was all "thank you, sir" to everyone that helped him throughout the show (EMTs, Dr. Now, etc.) Very polite and sincere and driven. His girlfriend, IMO, was gorgeous. She had some extra weight, yes, but her face and her personality were beautiful to me. And her kids absolutely loved this man, which speaks volumes to me.

The only thing that gave me a bit of side-eye was near the end when, during his slightly awkward proposal, she was stuffing her face with a big huge slab of cake while he spoke from his heart/phone. This is something I will never understand. He is going through a life or death change regarding his weight and she isn't exactly a small girl yet she is devouring half a pound of cake in front of him, in front of the camera. I kinda feel like that was staged by production - either way, it was stupid, thoughtless, and almost ruined this episode. 

• Love 18

Good points, @Twopper.

I've been thinking about this episode. I agree, Cillas wasn't entertainingly nuts and didn't have a particularly engaging TV persona. But I respect his accomplishing the weight loss and wish him well.

I'm not a mental health professional, but it seems to me that nobody gets to these extreme weights without some kind of emotional and mental dysfunction. I'm also intrigued by the bedbound patients, as in what happened to change them from mobile to bedbound, was it sudden or gradual, or . . . ? Maybe for some of them, it was, it became painful to move around so they started staying in bed for several hours a day, and then the time out of bed became shorter and shorter over time. With, or without, some incident like a sprain or fracture that further limited their mobility. 

All that weight has to be an incredible strain on their joints. I'm carrying some extra weight and I *know* my legs and feet would be happier if I lose the pounds. I can't imagine loading 500+ extra pounds onto my normal sized body and expecting it to work as usual. So I do believe they are in pain on those journeys to Houston, whether they are mobile or bedbound. I'm with @Hannah94: I give Cillas props for not bitching and whining at the paramedics/firefighters who moved him. He was respectful and IIRC said thank you. I was glad to see that. And I do believe he was in some pain, probably aggravated by anxiety about his oxygen supply. 

(In that respect, Cillas passed the "waiter test," in which prospective employers watch job candidates' interaction with support staff, restaurant wait staff, and other service workers. "How others treat the CEO says nothing, they say. But how others treat the waiter is like a magical window into the soul.” – Del Jones, USA Today". Of course, Cillas actually held jobs and had to get along in the workplace so he may have superior social skills to many of the other Poundticipants we've seen.)

I hope Cillas succeeds in returning to a normal life. 

• Love 11

One of the things that makes episodes like this drag more is that the voiceovers are recorded after the fact.  Folks with no skills at voiceover or storytelling are recounting how they may have felt at a given time in the past as rewritten by the not particularly inventive M600LL writers.  So folks like Cillas sound detached from the words they are saying, creating a somniferous tale. The show would be better if they interviewed the people as some of these events are happening.  That is, talk to them when they're leaving Dr. Now's, before they get on the road, while waiting to be prepped for surgery, etc.  Otherwise, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . . .

• Love 10

Just to be clear, I like Cillas and appreciate his polite manner, especially rare in the world today.

My above comment about calories, and their mystifying concept to the people on M600PL, were NOT specific to Cillas. Seems even the family/friends on episodes have no recognition of calories. And the few episodes where a nutritionist is shown "clearing out the cupboards" of high calorie/low nutrition foods, seem to have no impact.

Keep on losing weight Cillas !!!

• Love 6

What an odd episode. I appreciate that Cillas was respectful to Dr. Now and there was no horrifying home life drama on display but this felt like such an empty episode. I am left guessing at all the relationships. I felt like both Cillas and Jessica must have been playing polite for the cameras. Obviously it is possible that Cillas and Jessica are just a couple in love but they both seemed very blank. Jessica looked very beautiful (to my eyes) but very blank. I wondered if she had been badly burned by men in the past and at least she could be sure that a bed-bound man isn't out cheating? I still don't understand how/why exactly Cillas became bed-bound and how he manages his 1s and 2s. I hope to hell Nevaeh is not involved in that. Not sure. I'm not clear on the relationship with the two older girls, but Cillas certainly wasn't blank about Nevaeh. He sure was crazy about her. I did appreciate that once he was mobile he appeared to be trying to help out around the house.

• Love 2
On 4/29/2019 at 10:47 AM, Hannah94 said:

Maybe I am in the minority here, but I really liked this one. His attitude was amazing, he was all "thank you, sir" to everyone that helped him throughout the show (EMTs, Dr. Now, etc.) Very polite and sincere and driven. His girlfriend, IMO, was gorgeous. She had some extra weight, yes, but her face and her personality were beautiful to me. And her kids absolutely loved this man, which speaks volumes to me.

The only thing that gave me a bit of side-eye was near the end when, during his slightly awkward proposal, she was stuffing her face with a big huge slab of cake while he spoke from his heart/phone. This is something I will never understand. He is going through a life or death change regarding his weight and she isn't exactly a small girl yet she is devouring half a pound of cake in front of him, in front of the camera. I kinda feel like that was staged by production - either way, it was stupid, thoughtless, and almost ruined this episode. 

I agree with you about liking Cillus (despite his unfortunate name). He didn't make excuses and he did what he had to do. And his girlfriend is totally gorgeous. I felt like she was on her best behavior the whole time, though, like she was aware that if she didn't sound supportive she'd look bad? Or she's just a nice person, heh. Her eating the cake didn't bother me, though—I think I'm the only one. She just seemed awkward and nervous. I once inhaled a DQ Blizzard while someone was giving me devastating news. I didn't know what to do with myself so I just kept shoveling it in and even made a comment about it being delicious. 

There's an episode of Designing Women (I believe) where they are lamenting that we are going to have a generation of Heathers one day (episode was in the 80s or early 90s). I would like to go on record lamenting the possibility that we could have a president named Neveah one day. So many reality TV show babies named Neveah. And I get it - people like Heaven, but it just makes me think of Nivea hand lotion...

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, Stiggs said:

There's an episode of Designing Women (I believe) where they are lamenting that we are going to have a generation of Heathers one day (episode was in the 80s or early 90s). I would like to go on record lamenting the possibility that we could have a president named Neveah one day. So many reality TV show babies named Neveah. And I get it - people like Heaven, but it just makes me think of Nivea hand lotion...

That is what I always thought! The first time I saw this name I couldn't figure out why anyone would name a child heaven spelled backwards. Do satanists name their kids Lleh? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

54 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

That is what I always thought! The first time I saw this name I couldn't figure out why anyone would name a child heaven spelled backwards. Do satanists name their kids Lleh? 

"Lleh" made literally LOL so of course, I googled it—and there seem to be children named Lleh, lol. Twins named Neveah and Lleh. Reminds me of a girl I knew in college who was 100% set on naming her dog Diogi (D-O-G). 

Whenever Dr. Now makes a garage arrival you know he means business. I assume he's worried about everyone who he helps, given that they are all in such bad shape, but when he meets them at their vehicle I now assume it's a super bad case. 

It seems like the non-Neveah children had the same dad? But I wonder if Neveah's dad is involved at all? I feel like he's not if she's calling Cillus Daddy—but I hate to make assumptions.

• Love 2
On 4/29/2019 at 2:08 AM, ThereButFor said:

That drives me mad, few participants seem to understand how to count calorie intake.  

I recall an episode a few years ago where the guy was stating he was sticking to the 1200 with his steak and veggies at a restaurant.  The problem was that he had a 12 or 16 oz. steak instead of the 3-4 oz. he should have on the diet.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I recall an episode a few years ago where the guy was stating he was sticking to the 1200 with his steak and veggies at a restaurant.  The problem was that he had a 12 or 16 oz. steak instead of the 3-4 oz. he should have on the diet.

Or eating lean chicken means fried chicken and vegetables means French fries and water means Mountain Dew.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

*soft voice* Can someone please tell me what the gold box means?

I think I figured it out, it seems to be the first unread post in the thread for you. If you catch up on a thread, exit, and go right back into the thread (which is now completely read) the gold box on the post it was on before will be gone. So that’s what I think it is.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Did anyone watch the Supersized edition? One of the factoids said that Cillas has 11 tattoos. The first one he got was an ugly bulldog on his shoulder. So he purposefully got an ugly tattoo.

In one of the bonus scenes, Jessica orders fast food and they both slam down huge burgers and orders of fries before continuing the journey to Houston.

You didn't miss much if you didn't watch.

• Love 2
On 4/25/2019 at 10:55 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Lola was at the Copa, Copacabana.    It must have been show night. 

Is it true she can merengue and do the cha-cha?

• LOL 2

I'm just watching this for the first time now.  That really ugly tat sure appears to be an iron cross.  I only knew of one meaning for an iron cross but apparently there are other meanings in the "tattoo culture" so I'll cut him some slack but have to admit I was a bit shocked when I first saw it and TLC would display it.

Decades ago, Geraldo on his daytime tabloid show had a few episodes featuring some guy in Miami (?) nicknamed Pork Chop or Ham Bone.  He weighed over a half a ton and also had to lay on his stomach all the time.  It seems counterintuitive that the position would help with breathing since all that weight *should* be more crushing to organs.  I don't know.  Anyway, he was mind boggling!  I didn't think a human could possibly get that fat.  Cillas at least spends time on his side.  

(edited)
On 4/25/2019 at 7:14 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I do think that his feelings of abandonment at an early age may make him overly affectionate  with his new "proclaimed" family, but, still.....his profuse references to the youngest child was troublesome. It just seemed unnatural.  

I think the youngest has at least one thing going for her that the others don't - they got together either when Jessica was pregnant or the baby was JUST born, judging by the pictures they showed, so he's basically been pretending the whole time that the youngest is his. If there's no bio dad in the picture for the youngest that just adds to it. If the older two still have dads in their lives I imagine he does treat them differently too. It will be interesting to see what happens if he and Jessica ever have a bio kid; the youngest might discover that she's not the apple of dad's eye anymore, especially if it's a boy.

I am glad that the show has people like Cillas and the other "success stories" on even if they're boring because it's nice to see people who actually TRY end up with a better life and it just highlights how whiny, delusional and lazy the other participants are. It IS possible, you just have to actually do the work. If it was just failures all the time I feel like it would be depressing to watch and feel like a pointless show cause they're all gonna fail so what's the point?

Edited by missnoa
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Drogo said:

Is it true she can merengue and do the cha-cha?

17 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

She could indeed until she drank herself half blind...

And we ALL know that she has "a dress cut down to there."  

• Love 1
Just now, AZChristian said:

And we ALL know that she has "a dress cut down to there."  

447104106_1280x720.jpg

♫ Her name is Lola
 She has an office
 Sits and listens about abuse
 Tries to get you off your caboose♪

♫Lipstick is purple
And shirt is yellow
Different wigs for different hairs
Triple reinforced legs for chairs♪

♪She will sigh loudly
 Until a breakthrough
 Success! with furrowed brow
 And she'll report to Dr. Now ♫

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

447104106_1280x720.jpg

♫ Her name is Lola
 She has an office
 Sits and listens about abuse
 Tries to get you off your caboose♪

♫Lipstick is purple
And shirt is yellow
Different wigs for different hairs
Triple reinforced legs for chairs♪

♪She will sigh loudly
 Until a breakthrough
 Success! with furrowed brow
 And she'll report to Dr. Now ♫

Now THIS should bring Barry Manilow out of retirement!

• LOL 6
On 4/25/2019 at 10:11 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

They were living Oklahoma prior to Houston. 

I wish I knew why his mom called him Silas and if she really thinks it’s spelled “Cillas” or if she was just being cre8ive. Everyone else pronounced it as it reads. 

I think she named him Silas, but just didn't know how to spell it.

• Love 2

I'm watching the rerun of his story, and 24 minute into the show, two sets of hunky firemen.    Three sets of hunky firemen!    Cillas and his girlfriend are one of very few people on this show that say thank you.   

On a serious note, I loath parents who remarry, and then wish their children from the first marriage didn't exist.     

At least Cillas has the girlfriend or wife, and the three girls, they all seem to have a really great relationship.    I love that he lost 138 pounds in the hospital.     I'm assuming by now that Jessica has finished nursing school.  That's such a caring profession, and she's sure to get a good job wherever they live.   

I hope he's a follow up success story.  

I hope Cillas finished his GED, and studied something in the health care field.   I think he'd be an asset to that profession, since he seems to care about others so much. 

I cheated, and looked at Jessica's FB page.   She looks wonderful, Cillas looks great, and the girls are growing up so fast.   It looks like Cillas and Jessica have lost a lot of weight, and I think the family commitment to healthy eating and living will only help all of them.   I wish more Poundticipant families did the same thing, and all took a chance to change for the better.   I don't know if they're still in Houston or not, but since she's doing her nursing exams, she should be able to get a great job, and have a good future.    

(My guess in the proposal scene, that it was take 49 or something, and everyone was over it by then).    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm watching the rerun of his story, and 24 minute into the show, two sets of hunky firemen.    Three sets of hunky firemen!    Cillas and his girlfriend are one of very few people on this show that say thank you.   

On a serious note, I loath parents who remarry, and then wish their children from the first marriage didn't exist.     

At least Cillas has the girlfriend or wife, and the three girls, they all seem to have a really great relationship.    I love that he lost 138 pounds in the hospital.     I'm assuming by now that Jessica has finished nursing school.  That's such a caring profession, and she's sure to get a good job wherever they live.   

I hope he's a follow up success story.  

I hope Cillas finished his GED, and studied something in the health care field.   I think he'd be an asset to that profession, since he seems to care about others so much. 

I cheated, and looked at Jessica's FB page.   She looks wonderful, Cillas looks great, and the girls are growing up so fast.   It looks like Cillas and Jessica have lost a lot of weight, and I think the family commitment to healthy eating and living will only help all of them.   I wish more Poundticipant families did the same thing, and all took a chance to change for the better.   I don't know if they're still in Houston or not, but since she's doing her nursing exams, she should be able to get a great job, and have a good future.    

(My guess in the proposal scene, that it was take 49 or something, and everyone was over it by then).    

He is looking real good. 

On 4/29/2019 at 7:17 PM, 7EasyPayments said:

Just to be clear, I like Cillas and appreciate his polite manner, especially rare in the world today.

My above comment about calories, and their mystifying concept to the people on M600PL, were NOT specific to Cillas. Seems even the family/friends on episodes have no recognition of calories. And the few episodes where a nutritionist is shown "clearing out the cupboards" of high calorie/low nutrition foods, seem to have no impact.

Keep on losing weight Cillas !!!

My first episode in a long time and it’s always striking to me how the very successful ones begin to look way better than their spouse. Jessica needs to lose quite a bit of weight and cake-gate or not , she needs to diet right along with him. She is very attractive i will say .

On 4/25/2019 at 12:47 AM, Barbara Please said:

Metamucil and Cilla were very bonded. The big tattoo of her name was rather odd. You'd think Jessica would make prime real estate on his bod. Let's hope the tattoo of her isn't somewhere else we couldn't see.  😳

Okay I stopped watching this show about a year ago but I dip into the forums from time to time.  Is "Metamucil" her literal name, or just a punny nickname you've chosen?

Well gosh, watching this again,  First time was kind of a snoozer but this time ... maybe I watch too much ID or something..

Cillar is freaking creepy.  He's obsessed with Jessica's youngest daughter.  He barely gives the other two a mention while "Nevaeh" is a giant tattoo on his forearm.  He begged her mother to bring her to see him.  Not the other two.

She's not his daughter.  His attraction to her seems to go beyond what a stepfather, or even a bio father would exhibit.  

Trash me now!  It is a new year!  😄

• Love 2
On 12/11/2019 at 5:32 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm assuming by now that Jessica has finished nursing school.  That's such a caring profession, and she's sure to get a good job wherever they live.

LOL

My back was injured because a nurse didn't move me properly. I fell. She also didn't report the fall. This happens far more often than you'd like to think.