Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: Everybody Hates Kathy

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I knew it was the wife. You don't have Elizabeth Mitchell on for no reason. I'm confused about what her motivation was. She was just a Russian spy or something?

The minute I saw who was playing the wife, I knew. I was pretty bored with the episode but they managed to save it with the surprise ending. Won't the FBI be surprised that they are funding the terror attack. For a minute I thought Kathy was marrying Boston.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I knew it was the wife. You don't have Elizabeth Mitchell on for no reason. I'm confused about what her motivation was. She was just a Russian spy or something?

Yeah, that kind of gave it away, didn't it ? That first scene she did was way too short for her, there had to be more to her story. She did sell the scene, though, I thought. If I hadn't figured she was the real culprit, I might have believed it !

I love Rich & Patterson together. It's really fun to see what kind of quips they come up with & try to outdo each other with the verbal sparring. It would get old if they didn't limit it to small doses, but it works nicely now.

How does Weller still have $100 G's to bail his mother out, I thought he spent all his money ( and took a 2nd mortgage ) when he was looking for Jane ? The FBI must be paying really well these days !

• Love 1
5 hours ago, willco said:

I love Rich & Patterson together. It's really fun to see what kind of quips they come up with & try to outdo each other with the verbal sparring. It would get old if they didn't limit it to small doses, but it works nicely now.

I usually enjoy there banter, but in the last two episodes it was being to annoy me. The writers seem to be trying a little too hard, now that they know people enjoy it.

What is wrong with Jane? She doesn't even go out in the field anymore it almost makes me think the actress experienced an accident IRL and is taking it easy. Maybe they are hinting that the character is pregnant. 

Why are they pushing all these emotional scenes on Weller, send him to acting school first.

• Love 1

How did Madeline/Dominic miss getting in on the action of obtaining the codes for the satellite? This type of destruction is what they wanted.

Of course Kathy got released on "good behavior", she didn't have access to a computer while in jail and had no other choice but to be nice/sane.

If Reade already know about 3 Blind Mice, why is Patterson and Rich scared of Kathy's threats? Reade can make up some story to tell Weitz.

So what did Weller's mother add to the Shepard's plot? She met her at a bar, got whatever intel on Weller (she haven't seen him in years), she got a key and went to the warehouse. All this to reunite them? Shepard just should have booked them to appear on Dr. Phil instead of doing all this.

Kathy has good looks, she can do better than Dominic! 

Good job Patterson, you probably funded terroism. I'm sure that wire transfer is going to come back and haunt you!

I'm curious how the kid got to the house from the gas station. Did he have a bus schedule handy or an uber waiting?

Not everyone "hates" Kathy. I'm sure Dominic is happy on some level and the bank customers are thankful.

Tasha looks like the type to leave her clothes lying on the floor (thinking Reade won't mind).

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

It was never explained (maybe the russian seduced her, while the husband was on house arrest) but we do know her lemonade is to die for!

• Love 1

To start on a shallow note, the close ups of Jane's hair, it looks like layers of asphalt.

Why is everyone in Patterson's lab wearing lab coats? Everyone except Patterson and Rich. What's the deal?

Weller made me laugh when he held his badge up to the neighborhood gang guy and said, "I'm a special agent." LOL! So now he's not FBI? He's "special"? I was waiting for the tough guy to come back with some major snark on that.

Has Weller's mother ever been mentioned in four seasons? I didn't think so. Yet Weller says, "That woman has put me through so much pain my entire life." Your MOM is the reason for your "pain"? What pain? Any pain in your life, Weller, was caused by you. How freaking old are you? Close to 40? Geesh. Got issues much? (Well, yeah, he obviously does, since episode 1. So never mind.)

Weller's mom to Jane: "I've never seen Kurt this happy since he was 9." Kurt was anything but "happy" when he was with you. I know it was suppose to indicate how much in lurve he is with Jane, but he sure didn't look happy in any scene he was in this episode. In fact, he never looks or even acts happy. The only time I've seen Weller happy was when he was fangirling Bill Nye last week.

So, the boss of the FBI didn't know Three Blind Mice Kathy was released but everyone else did. So much for official line of communication.

Where did Patterson get bankloads of billions? What did I miss?

ETA: The Patterson/Rich verbal patter is on my nerves now too. Make it stop.

Edited by saber5055
20 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Where did Patterson get bankloads of billions? What did I miss?

Patterson created a game for mobile devices called "Wizardville" between the end of Season 2 and the beginning of Season 3. It made her stupid rich, they showed everybody playing it in the first couple on episodes of Season 3 and was a major plot point in a few episodes.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Has Weller's mother ever been mentioned in four seasons? I didn't think so. Yet Weller says, "That woman has put me through so much pain my entire life." Your MOM is the reason for your "pain"? What pain? Any pain in your life, Weller, was caused by you. How freaking old are you? Close to 40? Geesh. Got issues much? (Well, yeah, he obviously does, since episode 1. So never mind.)

Not sure, but it was pretty messy with the Taylor Shaw storyline and Kurt's family drama.

On 4/19/2019 at 8:42 PM, Writing Wrongs said:

Yeah, it makes it obvious when they do that.

Edited by Free
32 minutes ago, Free said:

Not sure, but it was pretty mess with the Taylor Shaw storyline and Kurt's family drama.

That drama was all about Weller's dad, not his mother. I don't remember her ever being mentioned, maybe in passing, but not as a storyline subject like his dad and Taylor Shaw, the person Jane was suppose to be. Of course, my memory might be faulty. I just don't remember the missing mom being the cause of all the pain in his life.

I personally think writers are grasping at straws trying to keep this show on the air.

• Love 1

So why did Shepherd want Weller to reunite with his mother? Out of the goodness of her heart?

Yeah, Patterson and Rich are going to be in massive trouble soon. They really should have checked up on Kathy's butter muffin.

Reade and Zapate were surprisingly cute in that scene in his apartment. I'm sure Audrey Esparza cherishes those rare scenes where she's not supposed to act all dark and broody (aka female version of Weller). I'm also enjoying Reade's continuing side-eye to Rich's outrageous stories.

I cannot stand Weller. 

Elizabeth Mitchell as the wife was a dead giveaway. As someone upthread pointed out, you don't hire Elizabeth Mitchell to stand around and look pretty. 

Did Weitz disappear?

8 hours ago, Free said:

Not sure, but it was pretty mess with the Taylor Shaw storyline and Kurt's family drama.

Yeah, it makes it obvious when they do that.

For me it was that she was wearing her boots in the house. Who does that? People who think they might need to run from the cops at a moment's notice, that's who.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, saber5055 said:

That drama was all about Weller's dad, not his mother. I don't remember her ever being mentioned, maybe in passing, but not as a storyline subject like his dad and Taylor Shaw, the person Jane was suppose to be. Of course, my memory might be faulty. I just don't remember the missing mom being the cause of all the pain in his life.

I personally think writers are grasping at straws trying to keep this show on the air.

That's because they are, but yeah, the Taylor Shaw stuff was nothing but red herring looking back.

9 hours ago, dwmarch said:

For me it was that she was wearing her boots in the house. Who does that? People who think they might need to run from the cops at a moment's notice, that's who.

Yeah, there were red flags about that.

On 4/19/2019 at 9:42 PM, Writing Wrongs said:

Thank you! I was trying to figure out why she looked so familiar

On 4/20/2019 at 4:29 AM, AnimeMania said:

What is wrong with Jane? She doesn't even go out in the field anymore it almost makes me think the actress experienced an accident IRL and is taking it easy. Maybe they are hinting that the character is pregnant.

The actress hurt her knee. I think it might be a torn ACL but not 100% on that.

• Useful 2

I don't think there needs to be much explanation for why Elizabeth Mitchell was selling the launch codes to the Russians.  Just seems like plain greed.  They approached her because they knew she was the wife of an EVC exec, and then it just became all about money and power.  She did say in her initial interview that "I'm just the spouse" so I do think maybe she was just tired of not being important.

I know Patterson is loaded, but how did she manage to talk Kathy down from her initial demand of $10 million to $400K?  And yes, if Reade already knows about the Three Blind Mice, why were she and Rich so scared of Kathy?

This was the first episode in maybe since the first season where I actually liked Tasha.  I liked how she talked Elizabeth Mitchell into turning herself in, and I liked her laughter and playfulness and just being ordinary with her best friend.

I liked the parallels in this episode of the two mothers.  We had Kurt's mother, who he always thought of as someone who had abandoned her family but in actuality was trying to save them and wasn't able to do it.  She has felt guilty about it for years.  Nice to see that Kurt reconciled with her, even if I have no idea where on earth he came up with $100K.  Did he buy stock in Patterson's company?  Then we have Elizabeth Mitchell, who was willing to use her son to protect herself and for her own personal gain.  

I was surprised that Liz didn't bite it.  I was waiting for her to draw her gun.  Weller shoots her and she goes flying through that nice huge glass picture window.

21 hours ago, blackwing said:

I know Patterson is loaded, but how did she manage to talk Kathy down from her initial demand of $10 million to $400K?  And yes, if Reade already knows about the Three Blind Mice, why were she and Rich so scared of Kathy?

If the information became public or if Kathy informed someone higher-up in the FBI, then it wouldn't matter that Reade already knew, except he would likely also be fired. It doesn't look good for the FBI to have two hackers working on highly sensitive information and access to the entire FBI database.

• Love 1
On 4/20/2019 at 1:25 AM, willco said:

How does Weller still have $100 G's to bail his mother out, I thought he spent all his money ( and took a 2nd mortgage ) when he was looking for Jane ? The FBI must be paying really well these days !

Jane's kidnapping and recovery work?  She apparently paid off the mortgage(s) on the apartment

On 4/20/2019 at 8:12 AM, mxc90 said:

Good job Patterson, you probably funded terroism. I'm sure that wire transfer is going to come back and haunt you!

Come on now, you don't think the writers would allow that to happen, do you?  It makes too much sense.

On 4/20/2019 at 1:20 PM, saber5055 said:

Why is everyone in Patterson's lab wearing lab coats? Everyone except Patterson and Rich. What's the deal?

1. Aesthetics.  Otherwise we might confuse them for clerical staff.

2. Yeah, your junkie mother has caused you so much pain, not your father who was most likely molesting the neighbor kid you loved, who he went on to kill and bury under your childhood campsite.  Also, about 90% of your pain can be alleviated by unclenching your jaw. 

• LOL 3