Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:
3 hours ago, Driad said:

Kirk went pear shaped but Picard didn't.  Ed Mercer does not seem to be so far.

I think the poster meant if an emergency situation arose, not if a male crew member developed a "dad bod."

Yes. But, @Driad, did you know that and were you just making pun of it?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Bottle show? I don’t agree. The CGI alone for the scenes where they were hiding in the ice rings, not to mention what was required for making two Kellies does not equal a bottle show.

What they probably saved on using standing sets, no guest stars likely made up for any CGI payouts. Not to mention having two Kellys on screen is and the effect a kid can do on his home computer these days. This was the very definition of a bottle show.

Edited by North of Eden
28 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

This was the very definition of a bottle show.

A bottle show is not necessarily a bad thing. Some of my favourite TNG episodes are Bottle Shows. “The Defector” and “Sarek”are both outstanding examples of Bottle Shows.

Edited by marinw
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, shapeshifter said:
8 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I think the poster meant if an emergency situation arose, not if a male crew member developed a "dad bod."

Yes. But, @Driad, did you know that and were you just making pun of it?

Exactly.  Apparently I should have added a smiley.

• LOL 3

Really enjoyed the episode.  It was a better version of TNG's Second Chances with an unexpected twist at the end.  That will definitely screw up the timeline as Ed's marriage and particularly the dissolution of it trigged the events that led him to becoming the Orville's captain, where he's been involved in major events and done a lot of good.

Ed, dating the younger version of your ex-wife is creepy.  That's on top of him being a superior officer and her having lost 7 years completely with the time jump.  But Ed is always inappropriate and creepy when Kelly is involved, which he seems to justify and maybe MacFarlene does too.

Mind you, I think younger Kelly serving on the Orville would have been a terrible idea too for everyone involved.

Appreciated how the Kaylons were used.

Finally a Klyden moment I liked!  Him and Bortus (and Yaphit) on the dance floor was hilarious, particularly Bortus's real loud "THE RESTROOM.  IT'S OVER THERE!"

• Love 3
On 4/18/2019 at 8:25 PM, SimoneS said:

So young Kelly remembers everything. What does this mean for her relationship with Ed? Will they still be married in next week's episode or maybe they never marry. Crazy.

I'm guessing nothing changes.

On 4/19/2019 at 6:56 AM, chaifan said:

Young Kelly's wig was soooo horrible! 

When she first appeared, I thought the show was going for an ST TOS -ish look a la Gamesters of Triskelian, with all the heavy hair. I had no idea that was Kelly for a few seconds.

On 4/19/2019 at 6:56 AM, chaifan said:

Other than those issues, I loved the episode.  Total ick factor on Ed dating Young Kelly. 

For some reason, THAT part felt like it was more Seth McFarland dating young Kelly than Ed. But then that oily kind of smug charm is what I always get from SM.

On 4/19/2019 at 6:55 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

I think Seth considers the romance a foundation of the show where it should really be the emotional fallout and growth that should be the foundation

I wish I could like this 1,000 times. Also, Seth should not be the lead, IMO. He should have been Gordon.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there were any 80s pop culture references this episode. Thankfully.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Ottis said:

Also, Seth should not be the lead, IMO. He should have been Gordon.

It comes down to acting and there seem to be several cast members who can carry an episode better than him. I thought he was kind of exposed as not quite being up to task when the Kaylons took over ship and killed crew member right in front of him. 

2 hours ago, marinw said:

A bottle show is not necessarily a bad thing. Some of my favourite TNG episodes are Bottle Shows. “The Defector” and “Sarek”are both outstanding examples of Bottle Shows.

The best bottle show ever in TNG in my opinion was DISASTER and over on DS9 I loved CIVIL DEFENSE where it was a station set show but we got to see parts of the station we hadn't seen before. These two examples proved how you can have a really good episode without leaving the ship/station. I guess I just wasn't a fan of the Kelly centric/love story in this episode.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, tv-talk said:

It comes down to acting and there seem to be several cast members who can carry an episode better than him. I thought he was kind of exposed as not quite being up to task when the Kaylons took over ship and killed crew member right in front of him. 

I think he has been exposed since the beginning of the series. The difference in season one was that the tone was lighter and more goofy. When you include fart jokes, then issues with acting or plots can be excused. It's basically a space-themed funny show.

But midway through last season Orville took a decided turn toward more serous, and all of this season has been that way. We get one or two small jokes an episode. When you raise the bar like that, then weak points like Seth's wooden acting really stand out. As does his Seth-centric (Ed) scripts. 

I've said since the pilot that Seth should not have cast himself as the lead. Aside from the acting issues, it feels very much like a vanity project. And that works against the legitimacy he seems to want. 

But I don't think he can control himself. I mean, this is the same guy who chose one of the greatest singers of all time, Sinatra, for a vanity music album featuring Seth singing. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Ottis said:

I've said since the pilot that Seth should not have cast himself as the lead. Aside from the acting issues, it feels very much like a vanity project. And that works against the legitimacy he seems to want. 

Is there a chance he realizes this? The 30sec preview for this week's episode opens the door to possibility of a complete reset (of sorts). If they dont go that direction, I wonder what chincy excuse will be used to reverse things back to normal. Isaac's brain has a quantum field memory so he knows things have changed? The device Isaac and Lamar created somehow tells them everything is wrong? 

Believe me, I'm a massive Doctor Who fan so I can deal with the timey-wimeys pretty well- I just wont appreciate if the main timeline is different and there is a bogus way they can tell and try to reverse it. If young Kelly altered history by never dating/marrying Ed...no one in the new present should be able to suss that out.

At any rate, definitely excited to see what they do!

Edited by tv-talk
  • Love 1

Not really much to add that hasn't already been said. I really enjoyed this episode. However, I'm cautious as to what the fallout will be. This show doesn't do serialized plots well.

I will say that this show gave me pause to think what my younger self would think of my life now. I've never been particularly career-motivated so I don't think my younger self would be disappointed in my career choice. However, I do think my younger self was much more judgmental (aren't we all!) and while I think she would be okay with my current circumstances, she definitely would have thought some of my choices to arrive here were circumspect.

Any show that pauses for inner reflection is a good one. I can't believe the season finale is here already, but I'm looking forward to it!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Ultimate money saving bottle show and one in he weakest episodes of the season.

This was not a bottle episode in any way--there were distinct scenes shot in multiple locations. But also, the intimation that bottle episode = weak episode in general is simply false. Some of the best episodes of any series are bottle episodes, because they rely on nothing more than character interaction and conversation. I love bottle episodes!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, crashdown said:

This was not a bottle episode in any way--there were distinct scenes shot in multiple locations. But also, the intimation that bottle episode = weak episode in general is simply false. Some of the best episodes of any series are bottle episodes, because they rely on nothing more than character interaction and conversation. I love bottle episodes!

I'm surprised that you can't recognize this as a bottle show....took place complety shipboard  (except for a redressed set for Kelly's apartment at the end) with no true guest stars (Klyden and Yahpets cameos don't really count). This stands out like a sore thumb as a bottle show when you compare it to last weeks episode with mulitiple guest stars, locations from Union Council to the refugee planet. Being a bottle show doesn't necessarily make a show bad...this just wasn't a great episode that HAPPENED to be a bottle show.

3 hours ago, Ottis said:

I'm guessing nothing changes.

When she first appeared, I thought the show was going for an ST TOS -ish look a la Gamesters of Triskelian, with all the heavy hair. I had no idea that was Kelly for a few seconds.

For some reason, THAT part felt like it was more Seth McFarland dating young Kelly than Ed. But then that oily kind of smug charm is what I always get from SM.

I wish I could like this 1,000 times. Also, Seth should not be the lead, IMO. He should have been Gordon.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think there were any 80s pop culture references this episode. Thankfully.

I thought it ironic that SM in real life is dating someone way younger (the former security head).  The focus on his love for Kelly is tiresome too.  Enough already. 

It’s  still better than STD. And previouslytv was a better name than primetimer.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

I'm surprised that you can't recognize this as a bottle show....took place complety shipboard  (except for a redressed set for Kelly's apartment at the end) with no true guest stars (Klyden and Yahpets cameos don't really count).

But a bottle show has minimal special effects, in that they're able to reuse their stock footage (ship flying) and have little to no new footage to create. That sequence with the Kaylon ships and the ice ring planet was extensive.

• Love 3
On 4/20/2019 at 1:40 PM, marinw said:

As much as I enjoyed the sight of the senior staff rushing to the Bridge in their PJ’s, doesn’t the Orville have a night-shift crew? Or does the ship have an autopilot?

Bortus was in charge of the night shift.  He was the one calling Ed and the only senior officer in uniform on the bridge

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, AngelKitty said:

I have to say I suspected the Kaylons were tracking Issac somehow.

Now that I think about it, why didn't the tech advanced Keylon track Isaac?  Isaac still has his Keylon designation number.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

Now that I think about it, why didn't the tech advanced Keylon track Isaac?  Isaac still has his Keylon designation number. 

I was hoping when Ed gave the order to power down he added "that includes you Isaac" at which point Isaac's eyes went dark and he leaned over at his station, completely inert.

but really the notion that Kaylon scans wouldnt have detected the biologicals aboard the ship is fairly nonsensical, just have to suspend disbelief for sake of the plot ie young Kelly grasps gravity of command situations.

Edited by tv-talk
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, tv-talk said:

Believe me, I'm a massive Doctor Who fan so I can deal with the timey-wimeys pretty well- I just wont appreciate if the main timeline is different and there is a bogus way they can tell and try to reverse it. If young Kelly altered history by never dating/marrying Ed...no one in the new present should be able to suss that out.

They don't have a Guinan to "just have a feeling that things are not right", but they do have an Isaac, and he might have some Data-like abilities to know when his internal clock or equilibrium has been altered.  I'm figuring they have to go back to the original time line somehow, and it has been done before, bogus or not.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, CaptainE said:

I thought it ironic that SM in real life is dating someone way younger (the former security head).  The focus on his love for Kelly is tiresome too.  Enough already. 

It’s  still better than STD. And previouslytv was a better name than primetimer.

Ed's obsession with Kelly has always been creepy and inappropriate but the show seems to think otherwise and I suspect MacFarland does too.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, benteen said:

Ed's obsession with Kelly has always been creepy and inappropriate but the show seems to think otherwise and I suspect MacFarlene does too.

What's creepy and inappropriate about it? He loves her, he knows that he screwed up the relationship, and he wishes he hadn't. It may not ever work out for him, but he's not some weird stalker.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, crashdown said:

What's creepy and inappropriate about it? He loves her, he knows that he screwed up the relationship, and he wishes he hadn't. It may not ever work out for him, but he's not some weird stalker.

For starters, he is now her boss. And the only reason that is so is because she went out on a limb to get him this gig, and she was told fine, you keep an eye on him. He repays that by endlessly pining for her, and saying things like, "You know, we were great." And she says, again, "I'm past it." And he doesn't leave it alone. That's pretty creepy in my book. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, tv-talk said:

I was hoping when Ed gave the order to power down he added "that includes you Isaac" at which point Isaac's eyes went dark and he leaned over at his station, completely inert.

If you want an AI that shuts down all the time, Andromeda is the show for you.

• LOL 3
18 minutes ago, Ottis said:

For starters, he is now her boss. And the only reason that is so is because she went out on a limb to get him this gig, and she was told fine, you keep an eye on him. He repays that by endlessly pining for her, and saying things like, "You know, we were great." And she says, again, "I'm past it." And he doesn't leave it alone. That's pretty creepy in my book. 

This!

And Kelly was so right when she said he had no game.  He acts so freakin’ desperate and needy the way he chases her. But it’s his show, so...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, crashdown said:

This is the problem with maintaining a close friendship with someone you are in love with.  I'm not sure he should get all the blame in screwing up the relationship though.  I know there were pheromones at play in Kelly's infidelity, but that still happened, and she bailed on her vows.  I'm not saying it's all her fault either, I'm saying it takes two to tango.

But if you get married and expect your partner to remain perfect forever, or else they will have "screwed up the relationship", I think you're in for a letdown.  Humans are going to make mistakes.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ottis said:

And she says, again, "I'm past it." And he doesn't leave it alone. That's pretty creepy in my book. 

but then she loves to hang out with him when not on duty, confide in him about her relationship, talk about the fun they had, AND get drunk with him alone. It's really not creepy that he still loves his ex-wife given the situation.

Edited by tv-talk
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, tv-talk said:

but then she loves to hang out with him when not on duty, confide in him about her relationship, talk about the fun they had, AND get drunk with him alone. It's really not creepy that he still loves his ex-wife given the situation.

It is creepy or more accurately desperate that he can’t move on.  There is a difference between women and men in terms of working relationships. 

If you’re in love with a woman who doesn’t reciprocate those feelings, grow up and move on.  Ed cannot.  

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, CaptainE said:

There is a difference between women and men in terms of working relationships.

What does that mean? Women are just as prone as men to hold onto relationships they should let go, that is not a gender issue. 

• Love 4

Agree about 'bottle' but would go even farther and say it was a suburban Connecticut episode. That is, nothing to do with space, or space exploration. Virtually nothing out the window, again! Could have occurred at your future nana's condo complex. That they tacked on a bit of Kaylon chase suggests even these soap opera writers must have noticed gee maybe we should give lip service to sci-fi, and not just be The Many Loves of Dobie MacFarlane. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, fauntleroy said:

Agree about 'bottle' but would go even farther and say it was a suburban Connecticut episode. That is, nothing to do with space, or space exploration. Virtually nothing out the window, again! Could have occurred at your future nana's condo complex. That they tacked on a bit of Kaylon chase suggests even these soap opera writers must have noticed gee maybe we should give lip service to sci-fi, and not just be The Many Loves of Dobie MacFarlane. 

Hey, they said "quantum" about 10 times in the episode. That's enough for ST: Discovery to be considered science.

Kelly has basically said that she would consider starting up again with Ed if they weren't first and second in command. Ed feels like they should start up regardless. This is kind of the definition of "it's complicated." Neither one is right, they just have opinions.

I will say that Ed pursuing a relationship with past Kelly seems more like lazy writing. They needed a way to construct the story and it only works if Ed decides it's alright to date one Kelly under another Kelly's nose. Still, he broke up with her before things were very far.

• Love 2

As I just "liked" most of the posts above, even though they were about 50-50 on one side or the other of Ed and Kelly, I feel like I'm the marriage therapist, nodding and saying, "And, Ed, how does that make you feel when Kelly is XYZ?" and "Now, Kelly, do you agree with Ed's understanding of what happened when you were LMNOP?" 

And bottle episode, schmottle episode. I still think "Fly" was the most memorable episode of Breaking Bad.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, CaptainE said:

It is creepy or more accurately desperate that he can’t move on.  There is a difference between women and men in terms of working relationships. 

If you’re in love with a woman who doesn’t reciprocate those feelings, grow up and move on.  Ed cannot.  

I don't know what you mean about a difference between men and women in terms of working relationships as I don't think I agree with that.  I also don't think it's necessarily creepy or desperate to remain in love with your former spouse, especially if you a) want to make what you did wrong in the relationship right and b) your former spouse keeps you hanging on by giving you hope of a possible reconciliation under different circumstances.  She didn't have to come to work with him on the ship, either.  That would be a difficult circumstance to deal with to get over anyone.  She's dangling the grapes, so to speak.

That said, I think the way Ed has approached Kelly under those circumstances has bordered on creepy, I just understand why he's in that boat and give him a little more slack. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, crashdown said:

I don't know, taking a shuttlecraft to fly by her window and spy on her to see how she's dating?  Refusing to take no for an answer time and time again?  The fact that he's her superior officer?  Dating her younger and less experienced counterpart and getting enthusiastic over the idea?

The first one in particular is stalking.  Ed has been practically begging her for well over a year to get back together and gets turned down every time.  This usually results in Ed getting pissy with her like he's entitled to have the relationship.  He also raised a fuss when she started dating Cassius.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, tv-talk said:

Much of the time they spend together is because he is the captain and she is the XO. In other words, they are talking work, with each other, because in their roles, that's how the system works. They can't talk to anyone else except perhaps Claire, and even that is iffy.

It's normal, given their past and her desire to remain friends (both for professional and personal reasons) that she might slip into other topics. And sometimes, he forces conversation into other topics. Ed was the one who made her dating that other dude into a thing, when she was just mentioning in passing that she did something on a date. Also, because she is over their past, she assumes/hopes he is. That's her mistake. Maybe she is realizing that after he dated the younger her.

The onus is clearly on him, as her work superior and as a grown man, to either maintain the proper distance, or say look, I can't handle that, so from now on, we meet only in conference rooms, we discuss work and then we are done.

He does neither. And I suspect that to Seth McFarland, that seems perfectly normal and OK. It's really not.

The show should probably establish more of a confidante relationship for Kelly, so Ed isn't the person she feels most comfortable with. Can't be security chief or someone who reports to her. Needs to be someone totally new who isn't close to her in the chain of command, or maybe a civilian or someone else who doesn't answer to her.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Ottis said:

He does neither. And I suspect that to Seth McFarland, that seems perfectly normal and OK. It's really not.

Yeah, I suspect that is Seth MacFarland too and I would find it ironic that Mr. Big Time Liberal/Me Too McFarland would have more in common with the people he criticizes than he'd like to admit.  Even if that's not him, he clearly doesn't think there's a problem with Ed's behavior when clearly there is.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, tv-talk said:

I was hoping when Ed gave the order to power down he added "that includes you Isaac" at which point Isaac's eyes went dark and he leaned over at his station, completely inert. But really the notion that Kaylon scans wouldnt have detected the biologicals aboard the ship is fairly nonsensical, just have to suspend disbelief for sake of the plot ie young Kelly grasps gravity of command situations.

I wondered about that as well but I also wondered what the Kaylon were doing out there in the first place and whether they knew Issac was present and had a rule about not harming each other.

• Love 1

@Ottis Claire seemed to Kelly’s confidante in this episode. (IIRC, didn’t Claire confide in Kelly about the relationship with Isaac?)

Claire is probably the only crew member who Kelly could talk to. I don’t think it’s been specified what rank Claire holds but as Chief Medical Officer she would have a certain amount of authority in her own right. 

The most creepy bit for me was when Ed told present Kelly that he was going on a date with past Kelly unless present K wanted to try again. I loathe that sort of emotional blackmail.  

• Love 2

Oh please. Kelly drinks with him all the time and clearly finds him to be her best friend on the ship.  She also directly told him that the only reason she doesnt date him again is because he might send Bortus (or whomever) into dangerous situation rather than her- then Bortus might die instead of her because of their romantic involvement. Well guess what? If she really believes that then she needs to ask to be re-assigned immediately because obviously he does have feelings for her that could affect his decision-making regardless of whether they are together. So why is she sticking around if that is really such a big concern of hers?

Sorry but the notion he is harassing her is absurd. It's his ex-wife whom he still loves. It seems creepy because McFarlane is a bad actor who looks like he has someone else's face glued onto his head.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Ceindreadh said:

@Ottis Claire seemed to Kelly’s confidante in this episode. (IIRC, didn’t Claire confide in Kelly about the relationship with Isaac?)

Claire is probably the only crew member who Kelly could talk to. I don’t think it’s been specified what rank Claire holds but as Chief Medical Officer she would have a certain amount of authority in her own right. 

The most creepy bit for me was when Ed told present Kelly that he was going on a date with past Kelly unless present K wanted to try again. I loathe that sort of emotional blackmail.  

Claire appears to be of the same rank as Kelly. They both have 3 bars on their silver epaulets. 

Oops, Claire has 2 1/2 bars which makes her a lieutenant commander, I think.

Edited by welnoc
36 minutes ago, tv-talk said:

Oh please. Kelly drinks with him all the time and clearly finds him to be her best friend on the ship.  She also directly told him that the only reason she doesnt date him again is because he might send Bortus (or whomever) into dangerous situation rather than her- then Bortus might die instead of her because of their romantic involvement. Well guess what? If she really believes that then she needs to ask to be re-assigned immediately because obviously he does have feelings for her that could affect his decision-making regardless of whether they are together. So why is she sticking around if that is really such a big concern of hers?

Sorry but the notion he is harassing her is absurd. It's his ex-wife whom he still loves. It seems creepy because McFarlane is a bad actor who looks like he has someone else's face glued onto his head.

Flying a shuttlecraft past her quarters because she won't tell him who she dated is creepy and stalker behavior.  Wanting to date her younger self is even creepier.  Ed is a commanding officer with no sense of professionalism at all.  But Seth seems to think it's professional and swell.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, benteen said:

Flying a shuttlecraft past her quarters because she won't tell him who she dated is creepy and stalker behavior.  Wanting to date her younger self is even creepier.  Ed is a commanding officer with no sense of professionalism at all.  But Seth seems to think it's professional and swell.

That was weird but it was also a 1-time thing and happened when the show was trying to be funnier. As for the younger self thing, given we are supposed to believe that everyone most especially Kelly wasnt completely flipped out by young Kelly being there in 1st place- then no it's not that odd that initially he was crazy attracted to her and reciprocated HER ADVANCES ON HIM. I mean we are supposed to believe that Kelly2 shows up and everyone just thinks "Ok, I guess she is an officer on the ship now- let's get drunk with her like anyone else, this is all normal." At that point why cant he date her if they are mutually attracted to each other? Isnt everything supposed to be ok? The doctor wanting a relationship with a robot and having sex with a blob is normal and fine and evidence of how evolved she is as well as everyone else who doesnt judge her for it but Ed cant be in love with...literally the woman he fell in love with and married? Seems like bit of a double-standard.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Well, for one thing, the reason Ed shouldn't date Commander Kelly is the same reason he shouldn't date Lieutenant Kelly, or anybody else under his command on the ship. One of the bartenders, waiters, teachers, member of that traveling orchestra? Sure, he can date them. But he shouldn't date any of the union personnel on the ship and this is hardly a new concept. Present day military command officers are not allowed to date their subordinates. Not just "shouldn't." NOT ALLOWED.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Present day military command officers are not allowed to date their subordinates. Not just "shouldn't." NOT ALLOWED.

shapeshifter as devil's advocate here, in every sense of that term:
Maybe in the 25th century dating subordinates is no longer an issue.
I cannot think of why this would be the case unless it is related to having all needs for all beings easily met, but even that doesn't seem adequate so long as there is a chain of command.
And Kelly did explain why it was a bad idea vis a vis the Commander's choices of whom to put in risky situations  being influenced by personal attachments.
But, I just thought it might be interesting to consider.

12 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

And bottle episode, schmottle episode. I still think "Fly" was the most memorable episode of Breaking Bad.

Really though. I enjoyed the episode, and we all were thrown for a loop with the twist at the end. That's more than enough for me. 

2 hours ago, tv-talk said:

It seems creepy because McFarlane is a bad actor who looks like he has someone else's face glued onto his head.

I wouldn't say he's bad, but he's not the best on the show. There's more nuance to the issue at hand here, and I think Seth can't quite get there. 

This is still the most enjoyable show on tv for me. I can watch it, be entertained, and I care about the characters. Not every show has to be A SHOW. (GOT ahem). And week in and week out this show is certainly generating tons of discussion. 

I'm not sure dating other officers is particularly verboten in the Union. We haven't heard any explicit regulations against it. Present-Kelly posits a good argument against, but she never brought up that it's not legal or anything. 

I think it would be difficult for anyone on the ship to date because it's such a closed system, but I don't see what else they can do. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, benteen said:

I got the impression "unprofessional" was a running theme on this show.

• Love 2

I don't have a problem with Seth's acting, he's not the greatest but, I've seen worse.  For the most part he/the show doesn't require Seth/Ed to do the heavy lifting/emotional stuff. 

My biggest issue with Ed/Kelly is that Ed keeps wanting to go backwards.  He seems to have romanticized this view of their relationship/marriage that they were perfect together (except for that 1 little thing) and if they just got back together everything would be perfect.

Kelly seems more realistic she still loves/cares about Ed and if circumstances were different she might give dating him another shot but, she knows that being in a relationship where they serve together is a bad idea.  Of course given their history dating while on seperate ships wouldn't work because KElly would feel neglected and sleep with Rob Lowe again. 🙂

I wish they would just end the "will they/won't they" and just have the characters be good friends/partners. If they want to put them back together at the end of the series, fine but, dragging it up multiple times per season is a drag

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I wish they would just end the "will they/won't they" and just have the characters be good friends/partners. If they want to put them back together at the end of the series, fine but, dragging it up multiple times per season is a drag

although I liked this last episode, gotta agree 1000% with this. Tbh I never cared about the Doctor's love life either nor Gordon's holodeck sexual fantasies. Ok I admit Klyden stabbing Bortus was pretty good and the porn island was hilarious. Further Bortus and Klyden at odds over sex change for their child- I mean that is heavy stuff that makes for a good story. The rest of the crew's romantic mishaps I can do without tho.