Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Is he balding?  I’ve noticed it’s not uncommon for balding men to lean towards wearing caps a lot.  

Yes he is. He may wear his hat/cap because of that but honestly,  I think it's been part of his wardrobe from the moment he was born and just refuses to step outside without his hat. Some people are like that. (You know like those women that won't even put the garbage out if  they haven't applied any make-up just yet?) 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Just flipped through a bunch of the wedding pictures that were posted here on the forum. Maybe I have overlooked things, but where are Robyn's kids?? I spotted most of the other ones, just not them. Were they even there?

Added: I may have seen Breanna and AuROARa but am not 100% sure. Not Dayton nor the younger two though. 

Edited by LilyD
Added bit about Breanna and Aurora
  • Love 1
On 11/22/2022 at 3:11 AM, LilyD said:

Just flipped through a bunch of the wedding pictures that were posted here on the forum. Maybe I have overlooked things, but where are Robyn's kids?? I spotted most of the other ones, just not them. Were they even there?

Added: I may have seen Breanna and AuROARa but am not 100% sure. Not Dayton nor the younger two though. 

The girls were sitting on the same row as K & R.

• Useful 1

I think the pictures from the Thanksgiving celebration of Janelle’s family perfectly illustrate that quote "Living well is the best revenge. "  They don't need to do anything else nor say anything else. 

Edited by Liddy52
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 17
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

6A86B607-72C6-4AAE-B3C3-B4E6B6BDBC75.jpeg

Has anyone ever noticed that they are always playing games and Janelle's and Christine's homes?  I remember from years ago when we would have a game night.  Eventually everyone was doing their own thing.

My mom did teach me how to play canasta.  She always won.  

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 11/25/2022 at 11:57 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Has anyone ever noticed that they are always playing games and Janelle's and Christine's homes?  I remember from years ago when we would have a game night.  Eventually everyone was doing their own thing.

My mom did teach me how to play canasta.  She always won.  

That's so cool. My family was never one that did that and I kind of wish we did.

Many of my parents' friend played bridge and insisted that it was a necessary social skill. Does anyone still play bridge besides old people?

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
14 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

So fast--they have only been dating for 7 months. 

Congratulations to them!

5 hours ago, Absolom said:

Yikes.  So young and so fast.  I hope they're more mature than they've seemed.

I’m happy for them! But perhaps they will have a long engagement like Logan and Michelle -they were engaged at least 4yrs, but I think the pandemic pushed their wedding back. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m happy for them! But perhaps they will have a long engagement like Logan and Michelle -they were engaged at least 4yrs, but I think the pandemic pushed their wedding back. 

Same with Leon and Audrey, they have been together since college.  Hopefully Gwen and Beatriz will have a long engagement, time to get to know each other.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Quoting @Tuxcat from the Spoiler Speculation thread:  

And that's why we see the middle set of kids as being the most vocally anti-Robyn. Garrison, Gabe, Gwendolyn, Ysabel. They were the ones who were more or less abandoned emotionally - and its on the show for them to see.

I could see this. Also the middle set were the ones that had their lives most disrupted by the show. The first set (Logan-Mykelti, maybe Hunter could go in this group), had fully formed personalities and interpersonal relationships before TLC showed up. They also had the benefit of more one on one parental interaction because they were the oldest, and there were just fewer people to care for during their formative years. They might not have liked xyz (Like the move to Las Vegas), but they were able to make their own decisions about how they wanted to live pretty quickly after that, and they weren't expected to interact that much with Robyn and her brood. Yes Mykelti likes Robyn, but that was her CHOICE to spend time with her, it wasnt mandatory. 

The youngest group of kids, Savannah-Truely, were pretty little when Robyn and her kids arrived, so this is very much their status quo. They also had a bunch of teenaged siblings to assist in caregiving (like how Ysabel is close with Maddie) and kind of "pick up the emotional slack". The younger kids may have thoughts/be outspoken, but Savannah isn't 18 yet and Truely is still a kid, they might not have the desire or the ability to speak out "publicly" until they see themselves as "on their own".

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

From a modern perspective an engagement at just 21 and after only 7 months is early, but not unheard of. It’ll be interesting to see if they are having a long engagement like Leon and Logan.
If it becomes a long term engagement, it may actually become a trend among the Brown kids; like a compromise between their parents’ ideas of courtship and marrying young vs the modern world where people do not marry until much later. An engagement is very serious and shows everyone you’ve found the one. It does raise your relationship to a completely new level. Just a thought really.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, LilyD said:

From a modern perspective an engagement at just 21 and after only 7 months is early, but not unheard of. It’ll be interesting to see if they are having a long engagement like Leon and Logan.
If it becomes a long term engagement, it may actually become a trend among the Brown kids; like a compromise between their parents’ ideas of courtship and marrying young vs the modern world where people do not marry until much later. An engagement is very serious and shows everyone you’ve found the one. It does raise your relationship to a completely new level. Just a thought really.

Y’all don’t come at me for stereotyping, but For Hetero LDS 21 and 7 mths is very normal and then there’s the joke about lesbians being ready to move in after the second date, so with Gwynn being bi and raised in a former offshoot of LDS, this engagement isn’t that odd to me. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Y’all don’t come at me for stereotyping, but For Hetero LDS 21 and 7 mths is very normal and then there’s the joke about lesbians being ready to move in after the second date, so with Gwynn being bi and raised in a former offshoot of LDS, this engagement isn’t that odd to me. 

I’m not coming for you! I get it. Gwen is from a cultural group where younger marriage is common. 

8 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m not coming for you! I get it. Gwen is from a cultural group where younger marriage is common. 

True, Maddie and Mykelti  were what? 19 or 20?

Cynical me thinks TLC will push the Gwen engagement and wedding sooner rather than later. With Christine's new popularity, this could be another season. Before covid they were planning Leon and Audrey's wedding and doing the "visiting venues" stories. I wonder if Christine will sing again. And where will Kody sit. Will Paedon be allowed to attend? lol

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 3
On 11/27/2022 at 11:53 AM, Elizzikra said:

That's so cool. My family was never one that did that and I kind of wish we did.

Many of my parents' friend played bridge and insisted that it was a necessary social skill. Does anyone still play bridge besides old people?

I learned how to play bridge as a kid.  My parents & grandparents played a LOT.  I occasionally play with some friends but.... I"M OLD!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 12/1/2022 at 12:55 PM, Kellyee said:

It looks like Gwyn has 6,400 people signed up for her Patreon account. The minimum payment is $2 a month, so she must be doing pretty well.

Patreon takes a good bit of that (and then taxes like the rest of us), but I’m sure it’s an income source for her. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I learned how to play bridge as a kid.  My parents & grandparents played a LOT.  I occasionally play with some friends but.... I"M OLD!!!

I could never understand it    No one really tried to explain it

• Like 1
  • Love 1