Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Unless Logan and Michelle put their collective feet down and don't play.

From your lips to God's ear.  Maddie looked promising and then got sucked into Grifterville. I sincerely hope that Logan does not go that route.  He has always seemed the most level headed.  Please don disappoint those who are rooting for one normal person to emerge from the Brown cesspool.

• Love 6

It will be nice to see a reality tv wedding for those who have dated for 3 years.  Between his sisters marrying quickly and the Duggars, it is refreshing to see a couple actually get to know each other. I wish these two all the best. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

What -- they don't want TLC/People Magazine to fund the wedding?

Wouldn't that be a truly novel concept?  Way outside the Brown Clown sphere of financial management.

I bet there's a lot of face palming going on with the rest of the family.  "Save money?  Are they nuts?  Don't they know that the world owes us everything for free because we're a) so fascinating and b) persecuted".

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

As far as we know.  She may be shilling this juice for a living instead.

Is this something college kids do now? There was an NBA rookie who was still shilling the MLM crap that he sold in college. I tweeted at him that he really didn't need to do that anymore. I doubt he quit because of me, but he did stop shortly thereafter. Tacky as hell. 

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I'm willing to bet money that Kody will NOT be performing the ceremony.  Because he would want that to be on TV, and they're not having a TLC wedding.

I hope Michelle puts her foot down if Logan suggests it.  NO to doofus performing the ceremony, and NO to TLC filming it, if they do get another season.

• Love 4

Can we assume Hunter is still here? This is the same place that had to be upbraided by Superintendent Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria earlier this week for racial slurs having been scrawled outside the doors of black students. Criminy. https://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/active-shooter-reported-at-air-force-academy-preparatory-school/

ETA a working link (It was a weird phony active shooter story.)

Edited by SometimesBites
40 minutes ago, SometimesBites said:

Can we assume Hunter is still here? This is the same place that had to be upbraided by Superintendent Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria earlier this week for racial slurs having been scrawled outside the doors of black students. Criminy. http:// https://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/active-shooter-reported-at-air-force-academy-preparatory-school/

I can't click the link, it doesn't work.  But Hunter was only in the Prep school for one year and then continued onto the Air Force Academy.  I'm assuming that he is still enrolled there.

On 9/19/2017 at 11:13 AM, laurakaye said:

Aspyn looks amazing.  And also WAY too close to the edge of that cliff.

And that is exactly why I think she is in front of a green screen!  Another clue is how she is not holding on as she would if this were real.  Not to mention how you get to the rock holding a shake and bag.  Totally staged.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, wings707 said:

And that is exactly why I think she is in front of a green screen!  Another clue is how she is not holding on as she would if this were real.  Not to mention how you get to the rock holding a shake and bag.  Totally staged.  

None of the hallmarks of being in front of a green screen exist in the photograph. There's also very little to hold on to, as well. As for getting up there with a shake and a bag of powder, you just use a backpack. Also, either someone is taking her photograph (meaning another person to help haul stuff) or she's using a camera with a timer (meaning she had to have used something to carry all that). To me, she looks closer to the edge to us than she probably was when this picture was taken. However, you are right in that this was totally staged.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

None of the hallmarks of being in front of a green screen exist in the photograph. There's also very little to hold on to, as well. As for getting up there with a shake and a bag of powder, you just use a backpack. Also, either someone is taking her photograph (meaning another person to help haul stuff) or she's using a camera with a timer (meaning she had to have used something to carry all that). To me, she looks closer to the edge to us than she probably was when this picture was taken. However, you are right in that this was totally staged.

Photoshop, perhaps.  There is something off about it.  It looks fishy, to me.  

34 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Photoshop, perhaps.  There is something off about it.  It looks fishy, to me.  

From what I can see, it hasn't been edited. She's red from the exertion of hiking up there, the lighting is correct, the background around her (the trees and rocks that are immediately near her body in two dimensions) is unblemished. I've seen photoshoppers at work. When they're skilled, it's amazing how quickly they work and how good their product is. However, there are always little "tells" where things don't match up quite right.

Edited to add: There's always a fuzziness around the hair, especially with people who have hair like hers, that is present when the person has not been photoshopped into the picture. This is present in her hair. If she'd been photoshopped, there'd be a much starker and more defined line around her head. Especially look at the hair in her ponytail.

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 5
On 10/2/2017 at 7:12 AM, MrSmith said:

From what I can see, it hasn't been edited. She's red from the exertion of hiking up there, the lighting is correct, the background around her (the trees and rocks that are immediately near her body in two dimensions) is unblemished. I've seen photoshoppers at work. When they're skilled, it's amazing how quickly they work and how good their product is. However, there are always little "tells" where things don't match up quite right.

Edited to add: There's always a fuzziness around the hair, especially with people who have hair like hers, that is present when the person has not been photoshopped into the picture. This is present in her hair. If she'd been photoshopped, there'd be a much starker and more defined line around her head. Especially look at the hair in her ponytail.

A little late to this convo but that photo is real. Hikers and climbers get the most amazing shots that don’t seem real to those who are unfamiliar with those activities. Sometimes dangerous, but actual untouched photos. 

Icebox is no joke, either. Lots of rescues in that part of the park. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, AZChristian said:

If he's going to be monogamous and childless, Logan may qualify for a meteor, but not a whole planet.

I think according to their cult, Logan would be trapped on Kody’s planet. I could be wrong though. 

Does Logan identity as a member of a religion these days?

2 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I think according to their cult, Logan would be trapped on Kody’s planet. I could be wrong though. 

Does Logan identity as a member of a religion these days?

Since the rules of the cult seem to change with Kody's mood, it's hard to say.  Depends on whether you're one of his favorite children, or one of the others.

I think I read above that Logan has chosen to be non-religious.  

• Love 1
On 10/26/2017 at 1:35 PM, ginger90 said:

Michelle and Logan agree on not having children

https://mobile.twitter.com/_michellecp/status/923222523268947968?p=v

Hmm..I read her answer to "how does he feel about no children?" And she answered "our families are both very supportive." Not, "oh, he doesn't want any either."

Maybe he doesn't want any, but I'm not sure he wasn't just agreeing with her.

She may very well not want any, ever, but people can change their minds on stuff like that later, too. (My daughter swore no kids for her..ever! Now she has 3.)

• Love 2
On 10/28/2017 at 2:49 PM, NotEatingKale said:

whaaaaaaat

to be honest, I think Logan will probably change his mind in the future. 

I don't know about him changing his mind.  Mr. Natalie and I got married at 22 (BABIES) and knew then no kids.  27 years later we both feel it was the best decision of our lives.

• Love 7
On 11/7/2017 at 2:41 PM, Natalie68 said:

I don't know about him changing his mind.  Mr. Natalie and I got married at 22 (BABIES) and knew then no kids.  27 years later we both feel it was the best decision of our lives.

Same here. When I see a couple lugging around a couple kids I'm like, "so glad that's not me". I've seen many women drop everything career-wise with kids and when the kids are finally old enough for them to get back to work, they have a lot of catching up to do (they'd dropped out of school, etc., I know one friend who gave up her goals altogether). They love their kids of course, but you can detect underlying unhappiness--and resentment (can't help but think of Maddie).

• Love 5

Good for them!  There is so much pressure even in 2017 for women to have babies (I've seen a few women in my life get lots of criticism for their decision to be child free) and I'm glad Michelle is so up front about it.  I'm sure there will be a surplus of nieces and nephews for them to love on as the years go on.

• Love 8

I am 46 and never had kids.  DH has two of his own from previous. 

I have been able to do things like have my horse and show her extensively.  I’ve had the cars and trucks I have wanted and most importantly, I have traveled a ton and lived in many states.  I wouldn’t change it for anything. 

• Love 9

I've lost track of the kids.  Are any of them nearing graduation?

Okay, I thought I should answer my own question.  Paedon has graduated from high school and is working in Las Vegas and has a girlfriend.  I'm not sure about Garrison.  My guess is that Gwendolyn and Aurora are the next to graduate.  I wonder if there is any college money for them?  I doubt it.

He must be... really nice. That's just not who I would've pictured the stunning sorority girl Aspen with. 

ETA: I tried to spell "Aspyn" right but Christine didn't so my phone jacked me. It always delays the autocorrect just enough to make me look like the idiot when really it's FLDS names that are dumb. 

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • Love 11
On 6/18/2014 at 3:56 AM, CofCinci said:

Moving on...

Which child you all believe is Kody's favorite?

His son-in-law, Caleb!!   

1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

He must be... really nice. That's just not who I would've pictured the stunning sorority girl Aspen with. 

He looks nice.  The Brown girls seem to like beefy guys!  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

His son-in-law, Caleb!!   

He looks nice.  The Brown girls seem to like beefy guys!  

Beefy guys with bad facial hair.  Calebs grows super out of control and weird. FT is a mess in every way.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Mya said:

Beefy guys with bad facial hair.  Calebs grows super out of control and weird. FT is a mess in every way.

Does Tony have bad facial hair?  He is certainly getting bigger this season.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Does Tony have bad facial hair?  He is certainly getting bigger this season.

He has thin scruffy growth on his upper lip and chin.  To me it looks bad.

• Love 4