Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

(edited)

I know Truely gets a lot of comments about being ignored, neglected by Kodwad. Before Truely was born, Savanah was the baby. She showed spirit, spunk, sass. S9E7, (Kodwad takes pixies to California), she was lively, but during a couch convo, clammed up, and imo, has rarely spoken for cameras again. Did anyone ever notice this? If so, any thoughts? 

Edited by Art Of Noiz
Correction
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I know Truely gets a lot of comments about being ignored, neglected by Kodwad. Before Truely was born, Savanah was the baby. She showed spirit, spunk, sass. S6E6, (Kodwad takes pixies to California), she was lively, but during a couch convo, clammed up, and imo, has rarely spoken for cameras again. Did anyone ever notice this? If so, any thoughts? 

Not sure if it was the same season.  But she was talking during one of the couch sessions and I remember one of Robyn's girls rolling their eyes at what she was saying.  Maybe she saw it or she is just naturally shy.  Sometimes you just don't feel like you are being heard, so you don't talk.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Not sure if it was the same season.  But she was talking during one of the couch sessions and I remember one of Robyn's girls rolling their eyes at what she was saying.  Maybe she saw it or she is just naturally shy.  Sometimes you just don't feel like you are being heard, so you don't talk.

Ty! I think I remember that. Now I know what I'll  rewatch today. I didn't see her as shy before that trip to the beach, and she has been filmed with the sisters by Christine. 

• Love 3
(edited)

All I did was google Logan Brown UNLV Linked In and 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/logan-brown-mba-60b253111/

Cool!

ETA: the kids are gonna end up supporting Janelle and Christine when the show ends imo. Janelle's boys especially are all very enterprising high achievers and are loyal to both their mom and Christine. It remains to be seen what Christine's younger girls do but Aspyn and Mykelti seem to be motivated too, if not as educated as Logan and Hunter.  I think Mykelti worked hard at her Lulano business before the baby.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 5
On 7/7/2021 at 6:41 AM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I just watched the episode of Ysabel's bday trip to Cali. It shows up on my Dish pkg as S9E7. Savannah held back in certain areas, avoiding some rides and huge waves. I didn't see an eyeroll. She just clammed up. 

HOWEVER!! Kody asking about breakfast, Savannah says eggs!! The other lil ladies agree. Then.  Wait for it....BigDaddy offers bacon. (Maybe turkey bacon, idk!)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
13 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I just watched the episode of Ysabel's bday trip to Cali. It shows up on my Dish pkg as S9E7. Savannah held back in certain areas, avoiding some rides and huge waves. I didn't see an eyeroll. She just clammed up. 

HOWEVER!! Kody asking about breakfast, Savannah says eggs!! The other lil ladies agree. Then.  Wait for it....BigDaddy offers bacon. (Maybe turkey bacon, idk!)

Yes, they always have turkey bacon when making "bacon" on camera.

Also...with the Savannah wanting eggs scene...I L O V E D how Kody first says something like "I'm making eggs...do you guys want cold cereal??" lolol then they all want eggs.

Sadly, they didn't film Kody actually MAKING the eggs and breakfast for the girls. hmmm.

• Love 2
On 7/7/2021 at 6:41 AM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

There was a really early episode where Savannah was doing a couch segment, and she was very excited about Robin's family joining the Browns as Brienna was her age and she would get a playmate, but it never seemed like they were as close as she wanted.  It made me sad to see that when I re-watched those early episodes.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Omgosh which ep? 

I don't know which episode, but I can clearly recall the incident.  Savanah would have been about 10yrs old at the time and they were living in LV.  The conversation happened on a driveway, Janelle had ben called out for something unexpectedly and needed someone to look out for Savanah.  Robyn's response was that she had to take one of her girls to soccer or dance practice and it would not be convenient.  As IF Savanah would have caused any problem to take her along.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Robyn probably put the kibosh on that..didn't she refuse to watch Savanah in one ep?

One big family, my ass!

I believe it was Gwen.  Kody, Janelle and Christine and some of the kids were heading to Hunter's wrestling match for state competition (I think) and Robyn was staying back. Gwen was going to go...then didn't want to go.  She wanted to hang out with Aurora but Robyn really put on a stink face and started saying how someone had a sports practice and this and that.  Gwen did eventually stay with Robyn, but it was her reaction that was obvious she didn't want it to happen.  So much for the "we are all moms!!"

This is also the same scene where Christine mentions that Gwen CAN'T stay at Christine's house, because Christine's mother sometimes has to leave the house, and under no circumstances can Gwen and Paedon be left alone together.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

I'm not sure of the episode number, either.  But I do remember they were in LV and Robyn was saying no, she couldn't, because it was not convenient.  

She's so phony.  Fake sweetness and light, but she showed her selfish colors in that show.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I don't know which episode, but I can clearly recall the incident.  Savanah would have been about 10yrs old at the time and they were living in LV.  The conversation happened on a driveway, Janelle had ben called out for something unexpectedly and needed someone to look out for Savanah.  Robyn's response was that she had to take one of her girls to soccer or dance practice and it would not be convenient.  As IF Savanah would have caused any problem to take her along.

Yes, I remember. Robin is such a old hank. (Pardon me, that's the hillbilly coming out in me).

• LOL 8
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Yes, I remember. Robin is such a old hank. (Pardon me, that's the hillbilly coming out in me).

I could very well be wrong in my recollection of it being Savanah that Robyn didn't want to take responsibility for.  Roslyn remembers the incident in such detail, that I think she may be correct in recalling that it was Gwen.

In any case, she did balk at the idea of minding one of her "bonus" kids and that makes her a crank as well as an old hank.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 11

3 hours ago, Roslyn said:

This is also the same scene where Christine mentions that Gwen CAN'T stay at Christine's house, because Christine's mother sometimes has to leave the house, and under no circumstances can Gwen and Paedon be left alone together.

That's odd and somewhat scary. Pretty sure he was also the one accused of bullying Robyn's girls when they joined the family (scene of camping trip maybe? When Meri got caught yelling "these are your brothers and sisters whether you like them or not.") There are other things I could say about him but I'll refrain per forum rules (no discussing politics). 

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

So Ysabel is moving in with Maddie. It’s my guess she’ll use the room shown in the listing, and referred to as FROG. Finished room over the garage.

If so, here’s some pictures: ( she’s a tall young lady, those dormers are going to take some getting used to)

D220CC35-A628-4285-86D6-506386EFC1AE.jpeg

564BA621-5708-4324-947A-F778F6A0E3DE.jpeg

E085F09A-0315-4337-88B6-94A7AB2A73ED.jpeg

This is what will be under her:

BB6979F1-F35C-45E6-932C-13ECD5F26CE5.jpeg

BD8DB60A-6C3A-41C0-B045-78C5564B6214.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

So much for the idea of Flagstaff as a place where "the kids will want to come home" for family events. Janelle's in a trailer, Christine sold her house, Meri's place doesn't seem to be at all welcoming, and you know they won't be welcomed in Robyn's manse. If Christine stays, (which may only be for filming) I bet she rents a small apartment for herself and Truely. And continues to head north to Utah to see her other kids. 

I really do hope Christine moves back to Lehi though. It would make the most sense. Mykelti lives there now, it's not far from Salt Lake City where Aspyn and Mariah reside, and not all that far from St. George where I assume Paedon still lives in Mykelti and Tony's old apartment.

It's nice to see the kids settling down in their own houses! I love that Mykelti and Madison bought around the same time. I could see Logan buying too, except the Las Vegas market is completely nuts now, with small 20 year -old houses that weren't in great shape 12 years ago at 180K now going for over 350K. (I almost bought one in 2009, it seemed like the LR floor was sinking - so not a cosmetic fix. It sold for 132 K in Dec 2009. I looked it up yesterday, it just sold - for $350,500. 1042 sf. Insane). But if he and Michelle decide to live elsewhere, I'm sure they'll buy too.

Good for Ysabel! I'm happy for her that she did what she spoke of wanting to do. It's a nice transition to live with an older sister, help with the kids, and hopefully go to college.

• Love 9

Another big plus to this arrangement is that she would have her own retreat away from the hub of activity when she needs quiet time to study.  Seems like an ideal setup to me.

Quoting @Sandy W from the Christine thread above.

Yes, the pictures of the garage suite look great. She has her privacy but her older sister and brother in law are close by. Christine says that she would like the kids to move out at 18, but we did have a pandemic which set people's plans a flame.

This arrangement is a nice transition period between living under her Mom's roof and living on her own. I think transition periods like this are great for young people, now I wouldn't want her in Maddie's garage suite in 10 years, but this is a great idea. 

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Christine says that she would like the kids to move out at 18, but we did have a pandemic which set people's plans a flame.

Christine's stance on 18 and out has always mystified me but I guess in her culture, marriage was on the horizon by that age.  If my kids had wanted their independence at that age, I would not have stood in their way, but they have always had the assurance that wherever I lived, it would always be their home if needed.

So far so good, my "kids" are in their 50s and 60s now, so not likely to happen.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Christine's stance on 18 and out has always mystified me but I guess in her culture, marriage was on the horizon by that age.  If my kids had wanted their independence at that age, I would not have stood in their way, but they have always had the assurance that wherever I lived, it would always be their home if needed.

So far so good, my "kids" are in their 50s and 60s now, so not likely to happen.

I come from a very different cultural background than Christine, but I always thought her "out by 18" didn't mean "the day after your 18th birthday you had pack your bags and are not allowed to visit" but that by 18 you need to have a plan for living your adult life away from her household. 

I started college at 17, but my Mom was very much "in charge" of my life until I graduated college and started law school- meaning I did go to college out of state, and was sent a monthly allowance to live on, but I did not/could not make any life changes without her permission (I was not allowed to study abroad or cut my hair for example- and that was not something I was going to spend energy fighting about). I was expected to come home during the summers, work and care for my sister. I was still expected to serve the interests of the family.

I can imagine with so many children Christine is very interested in making sure they can function as independent adults ASAP- she has other minor children to care for. Traditionally she may hang on a bit longer to Truely because she is the baby and that happens in TONS of families. (the baby child stays right under Mom and Dad) Also I think Christine feels she was done a disservice not being given 'adulting' skills (outside of caregiving) when she was young- she never even paid an utility until they moved to Vegas because she went from her Mom's house to Kody's and then Janelle/Kody handled all of that. I do think Christine is doing what she is doing because she loves her kids and wants them to fly. 

But choosing to live with your older sister and her nuclear family isnt exactly "on your own at 18/19" its just "not under Mom's roof"- it is very close to what another teen that age would experience in a dorm or something. 

I think I turned out pretty well, but I did envy some of the freedoms my peers had, while they envied the financial, practical and emotional support I had (but again, I was expected to do things for my family of origin they were not expected to do).

I do not think either way is bad. I was out of college at 21.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

So is this the end of the Dream House on Prairie Dog Flats? 

Seeing all the older kids move out and start their independence, really hits home to me how odd Kody's plaguey dream house really was. Was he expecting all the kids to live there and not want lives of their own as they became adults?

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Seeing all the older kids move out and start their independence, really hits home to me how odd Kody's plaguey dream house really was. Was he expecting all the kids to live there and not want lives of their own as they became adults?

Given how many Brown kids there are, of course they were going to be spread out, if not all over the country, probably across several states. That "dream house" was ideal when Logan was maybe 10/11 yrs old, but there are not going to be any more Brown children (unless Kody takes another wife). It would be better to purchase a multi unit apartment building (in Chicago we call them 2/3/4 flats), and then if they wanted to do a "Brown Family Reunion" or something every even year etc- rent an Air BnB. Much more economical. And the kids that wanted to come for the holidays could come and bring their families. 

The way things are I see the kids rotating, and some years inviting Christine or Janelle if they are free for Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

So now they're down to Meri with 0 kids at home, Janelle and Christine with 1 each, and Robyn has her tentacles on four, but probably five kids?  

I think Christine will end up with better adult offspring.  Mine had the rule of after you graduate high school you must do something with your life.  All of mine chose college, but it could have been trade school, apprentice program, or work, etc.  I had acquaintances who had to practically evict their late teens who thought they could live at home and do nothing but party.  It's good to set expectations of becoming an actual adult.  

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Christine's stance on 18 and out has always mystified me but I guess in her culture, marriage was on the horizon by that age

Heck, by 18 a lot of the girls in Christine's family cult had already been married for 4 or 5 years to an old pervy uncle or cousin.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Heck, by 18 a lot of the girls in Christine's family cult had already been married for 4 or 5 years to an old pervy uncle or cousin.

And the boys were gone by 18 too, although they were likely dropped off on the highway and told to keep walking (less competition for the old men that way, y'know).

On 8/13/2021 at 10:56 AM, Sandy W said:

I really thought it had more to do with money.  Maybe she didn't want to be spending money housing adult children.  So make them pay rent and help support the household.  With the housing issue and rising rents across the US, mutli generational homes may come back into style.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

Mr. X was expected to pay rent to my in-laws once he was out of high school.  He was also spending summers fishing in Alaska from the age of fifteen, until he joined the military at nineteen.

40 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I really thought it had more to do with money.  Maybe she didn't want to be spending money housing adult children.  So make them pay rent and help support the household.  With the housing issue and rising rents across the US, mutli generational homes may come back into style.

I think this is true of Christine's kids, too.  Once you're 18, you either move out, get a job, or go to college and work to help pay for it.  Ysabel will be more valued living with Maddie & Caleb than she ever was, by Kootie anyway.  The nerve of that jackass, suggesting she wait or go by herself for major surgery made me want to punch his stupid face more than ever.

• Love 15
22 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

You know, the more I think about it, the more I tend to disagree with Christine in this instance. The kids have contributed financially, imo. They were being filmed through much of their childhoods and had zero agency. They generated income for the “family” and enabled Christine to get food stamps, of which other unqualified family members took advantage. These days, the costs of living are so high it’s very difficult for an 18 year old to make enough income to cover expenses.

I don’t mean to say that the “adult” children should live home indefinitely without any plans or jobs. I just think 18 is a little young (brain frontal lobes are not fully developed until around age 25) for a mandate.

Also, didn’t Christine marry Kody at age 22? Was she out of the house before then?

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
53 minutes ago, Adiba said:

You know, the more I think about it, the more I tend to disagree with Christine in this instance. The kids have contributed financially, imo. They were being filmed through much of their childhoods and had zero agency. They generated income for the “family” and enabled Christine to get food stamps, of which other unqualified family members took advantage. These days, the costs of living are so high it’s very difficult for an 18 year old to make enough income to cover expenses.

I don’t mean to say that the “adult” children should live home indefinitely without any plans or jobs. I just think 18 is a little young (brain frontal lobes are not fully developed until around age 25) for a mandate.

Also, didn’t Christine marry Kody at age 22? Was she out of the house before then?

You make a very good point about the kids contributing. Without the large "fambly" there would have been no show. It must have been an extra burden to the shyer ones to be exposed on TV like that. Savanah seems the most impacted.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Adiba said:

These days, the costs of living are so high it’s very difficult for an 18 year old to make enough income to cover expenses.

I found this an interesting discussion to follow. I'm from Europe and where I'm from, some 18-year olds leave home because they're going to college yet most just stay with their parents and leave between their 20th and 25th. But a rising number stay until much longer. Must be shocking to quite a few Americans to read this! 

I would like to emphasise that while this is partially due to what we consider normal here (not really to stay after 25 though)  we suffer from a gigantic housing crisis too. Social housing (rent) have waiting lists that are now approaching 10 years, private renting is hardly affordable and the average house price is quickly approaching $500000. Even a simple fixer upper may go for 300K. I know quite a few youngsters who desperately want to flee the nest but simply can't because they lack the means...

• Useful 7
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

I found this an interesting discussion to follow. I'm from Europe and where I'm from, some 18-year olds leave home because they're going to college yet most just stay with their parents and leave between their 20th and 25th. But a rising number stay until much longer. Must be shocking to quite a few Americans to read this! 

I would like to emphasise that while this is partially due to what we consider normal here (not really to stay after 25 though)  we suffer from a gigantic housing crisis too. Social housing (rent) have waiting lists that are now approaching 10 years, private renting is hardly affordable and the average house price is quickly approaching $500000. Even a simple fixer upper may go for 300K. I know quite a few youngsters who desperately want to flee the nest but simply can't because they lack the means...

This sounds very similar to what is happening throughout North America. 

There is still affordable housing in some small cities/large towns, in these instances, this may happen because one or two major employers have pulled up stakes and moved offshore or simply folded, causing massive unemployment.  This has a ripple effect, the town has lost major tax contributors resulting in lack of funding for infrastructure maintenance, the shopping malls close because the community doesn't have income to support them, crime rates rise.  So while affordable, there is little incentive to live in these areas.

Some parents have risen to the occasion and developed basement apartments for their adult kids, giving them some autonomy, and by charging them nominal or no rent, enables the kids to save for home ownership.

If Covid has had one bright spot, it has shown us that many jobs can be conducted remotely and requires only being present at the employers home base weekly.  This opens opportunities for young people to get their foot in the housing door by locating in more rural areas, sometimes a few hours away from major centers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 8/13/2021 at 12:08 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

I think he was delusional enough to expect that as family patriarch (ha), his offspring would most certainly all come home for every holiday and sit adoringly at Kody's knee as he regaled them with stories of his legendary days as a high school wrestler, or watch in glowing admiration as he presented them with his mesmerizing gun collection, etc.  I also think he was using his stupid Kody's Dream House/One Big Fahm'ly fable as a way to tug on his wives' heartstrings and get them on board with a scheme he knew would never get off the ground as a way for him to stir his cauldron of chaos and take the spotlight off of him.  After all, the more friction between the wives - along with the constant specter of being homeless/arrested, the lesser the chance that any or all of them realize that he is, in fact, the cause for the chaos.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

I had a poor aunt & uncle with 8 kids, a couple of sons in law and a few grand kids and they lived in an old motel that had been bypassed by a new road. It had a breakfast area & kitchen where they could all gather when they wanted to.The Browns could have done something similar.

• Love 15

I read Reddit. A comment yesterday about Maddie's wedding, Mykelti's wedding, Maddie's Baby on Board announcement at Mykelti's shower, all caused me to think about sibling rivalry. I noticed Maddie's face when Mariah announced her scholarship. Her face hardened.

I've always focused on the moms, I like most of the kids, and think I understand them. But now! I'll have to do a forensic rewatch for the nuances between these older daughters.

Aspyn wins my Diplomat award. If her cheeks didn't turn red, she would be a formidable poker player. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

Maddie sparkles when she is the center of attention.  Watch her in a group setting, when the camera pans the room, there sits Maddie looking miserable...until she realizes she is in the scene, then out comes the toothpaste grin. 

The most blatant example I noticed is when the family gathered to view Ysabel's x-rays.  The scene wasn't focused on Maddie, so she didn't bother to get off her rump to take a look at Ysabel's condition.  She remained seated at the kitchen counter, munching an apple and playing with her phone.

Maddie was in her glory in the later stages of her pregnancy when she could condescending explain to the viewing audience her new-found buzzwords like Braxton-Hicks and prodromal labor.  She is my least favorite of all the kids, Mariah is a close second. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Maddie sparkles when she is the center of attention.  Watch her in a group setting, when the camera pans the room, there sits Maddie looking miserable...until she realizes she is in the scene, then out comes the toothpaste grin. 

The most blatant example I noticed is when the family gathered to view Ysabel's x-rays.  The scene wasn't focused on Maddie, so she didn't bother to get off her rump to take a look at Ysabel's condition.  She remained seated at the kitchen counter, munching an apple and playing with her phone.

Maddie was in her glory in the later stages of her pregnancy when she could condescending explain to the viewing audience her new-found buzzwords like Braxton-Hicks and prodromal labor.  She is my least favorite of all the kids, Mariah is a close second. 

Ty! This is interesting. I'm getting close to the wedding episodes. I'm going to watch for Maddie's  expressions when Aurora is around. Hmm.

• Love 10
On 8/24/2021 at 12:18 AM, Sandy W said:

Yes, to me, Maddie is right up there with Mariah as most unlikeable “child”.  Maddie reminds me of Kody.  If the scene is not about her, it’s not important.  The only difference is she doesn’t run around frantically causing chaos until it is about her.  

• Love 13
On 8/23/2021 at 8:28 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

I read Reddit. A comment yesterday about Maddie's wedding, Mykelti's wedding, Maddie's Baby on Board announcement at Mykelti's shower, all caused me to think about sibling rivalry. I noticed Maddie's face when Mariah announced her scholarship. Her face hardened.

I've always focused on the moms, I like most of the kids, and think I understand them. But now! I'll have to do a forensic rewatch for the nuances between these older daughters.

Aspyn wins my Diplomat award. If her cheeks didn't turn red, she would be a formidable poker player. 

This says it all. 

9/10 f you feel the need to make any "announcement" at someone else's party/event that isn't about that person, you are not the greatest human being.  

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Yes, to me, Maddie is right up there with Mariah as most unlikeable “child”.  Maddie reminds me of Kody.  If the scene is not about her, it’s not important.  The only difference is she doesn’t run around frantically causing chaos until it is about her.  

Yes, I totally agree as well. Mariah made the announcement at Kody's birthday about her getting married as well, when it was not all about her. I also find it strange that she didn't have Savannah in her wedding at all, regardless of your relationship, she is still your sister. She comes across like she is better than everyone else, she was the first child to birth out a grandbaby gives her a supreme title.    

• Love 12

I have wondered if the announcements they do are just because

1)as the kids leave home, it's difficult for everyone to be under one roof. 

Or it's just their way. I come from a much smaller family. We had our own structure based on my grandparents preferences. 

I looked up the girls' birthdays. The first 4 girls were born within 15 months of each other. 1st 3 born to different moms. Aspyn is a peacemaker, like Christine. Mariah tries to be Straw Boss like Meri. Mykelti does handstands occasionally. A little like both her parents.

Still. Hmm. Maddie tries to hide her feelings but fails sometimes, just , like her Mom. 

• Love 10
On 8/26/2021 at 1:54 AM, Art Of Noiz said:

I have wondered if the announcements they do are just because

1)as the kids leave home, it's difficult for everyone to be under one roof. 

Or it's just their way.

I guess we all know how hard it can be to get a family together and a big gathering is ideal to inform everyone at the same time. If you make separate calls, someone is bound to be offended for being the last one to hear the news (or worse, being left out of the loop, whether accidental or on purpose). And events like birthdays or weddings are usually the few times where everyone is present.

But as some already pointed out, there seems to be a lot of rivalry as well. A few simply love to upstage the rest and hate the attention splashed over less favourite siblings. On top of that, not all the Browns have acquired a good set of social skills... At a young age, most learned that screaming and interrupting is the best way to get the attention you want. I'm sure it doesn't even cross their minds that some days are so special to others that you shouldn't even think of trying to become the center of attention by making your own announcement. (My mind is drifting off to a certain Meghan Markle who thought it was ok to inform everyone about her pregnancy on somebody else's wedding....not a cool move. Definitely not ok)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

"If you comment on my messy room you're biphobic".  Huh? 

Holy cow, this group is SO into persecution for every single thing!  Lighten up already.

I took it as she was joking or being snarky 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• LOL 3
  • Love 19