Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

On 3/1/2021 at 5:47 PM, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I tried to find that ridiculous “cookie stealing” segment on YouTube just to have a laugh at Sobbin’s expense but I couldn’t find it there.  I tried searching on every thing I could think of, but no dice.  Does anyone have access to that clip elsewhere?

I have a memory of them referencing "cookie" in what seemed like a sexual way, but it was from one of the episodes of "ask the browns". I have no idea what season but I remember the vegas cul de sac houses as the background and it went something like....someone said something, then someone else said "well. you get the cookie" and someone else reacted like "oh. a cookie" and Kody says..."Not THAT cookie".

That is a broken memory from my head....best I can do atm

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I have a memory of them referencing "cookie" in what seemed like a sexual way, but it was from one of the episodes of "ask the browns". I have no idea what season but I remember the vegas cul de sac houses as the background and it went something like....someone said something, then someone else said "well. you get the cookie" and someone else reacted like "oh. a cookie" and Kody says..."Not THAT cookie".

That is a broken memory from my head....best I can do atm

If memory serves (from the old cynical Jinx days) the cookie reference wasn't actually made on the show, but by Robyn on Twitter during the original airing of the episode. Something ending in "...then he gets the cookie!" Or some such.

ETA hope this link works

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)
27 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

If memory serves (from the old cynical Jinx days) the cookie reference wasn't actually made on the show, but by Robyn on Twitter during the original airing of the episode. Something ending in "...then he gets the cookie!" Or some such.

ETA hope this link works

LOL!  She negated the intent of her tweet by missing punctuation. I think she meant...no, men have to be married to each wife first before he gets the cookie.  Maybe it was a Freudian slip.

Edited by Sandy W
missed a word in quote
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

FBC6EA80-2ECB-475D-92CD-1AF0AB81BCF3.jpeg

33D1AAF3-C581-4679-B1DB-93A83514AFF5.jpeg

It looks like this RV expands sideways, with the dining area expanded out.  Did he install a dishwasher or does he plan to only eat takeout so that there are no dishes to wash in the tiny sink?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, deirdra said:

It looks like this RV expands sideways, with the dining area expanded out.  Did he install a dishwasher or does he plan to only eat takeout so that there are no dishes to wash in the tiny sink?

It's kind of amazing what you can do with those tiny sinks if you have to.  My family rented and RV for the four of us to travel when I was a kid.  That sink was just as small and my mom cooked every meal along the way. In retrospect it probably wasn't much of a vacation for her but she was such a trooper!

• Love 8
Just now, Cetacean said:

It's kind of amazing what you can do with those tiny sinks if you have to.  My family rented and RV for the four of us to travel when I was a kid.  That sink was just as small and my mom cooked every meal along the way. In retrospect it probably wasn't much of a vacation for her but she was such a trooper!

Those RVs shove so much utility in such a small space. My wife and I are buying and when a friend's RV came up for sale that we could afford for half our down payment on a home, we jokingly considered it. 

We just watched the season where they go on an RV trip. 25 people crammed into two (three?) RVs to go from LV to ND (or thereabouts, we only have it on in the background)? Sounds absolutely atrocious. I like people, but even that is too peopley for me. Their whole lives are so chaotic it stresses me out. They can't even take a vacation without it being a mess.

• Love 7
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

It's kind of amazing what you can do with those tiny sinks if you have to.  

True, I've done it, but this RV originally had a full-size kitchen sink. Something half way in between would be nice, and big enough to wash a baby in. Unless like Logan he doesn't plan to have any.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

We just watched the season where they go on an RV trip. 25 people crammed into two (three?) RVs to go from LV to ND (or thereabouts, we only have it on in the background)? 

The best part of that episode was when Mr. Know-It-All Kootie didn't connect the sewage-dumping hose properly.  

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The best part of that episode was when Mr. Know-It-All Kootie didn't connect the sewage-dumping hose properly.

I was only half watching but didn't I see him shouting with Meri nearby? I was under the impression he was blaming her for it. Wouldn't surprise me.

1 minute ago, monagatuna said:

I was only half watching but didn't I see him shouting with Meri nearby? I was under the impression he was blaming her for it. Wouldn't surprise me.

If I recall, Meri or one of the boys was connecting it, but too slowly for Kody's liking, so Kody took over to show how a manly man does it.  And got sprayed!  He blamed them for sabotaging it, when it would never have happened if he hadn't intervened and just let them carefully make sure the connection was tight.  Instead Kootie did his usual half-assed job.

• LOL 7
47 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Those RVs shove so much utility in such a small space. My wife and I are buying and when a friend's RV came up for sale that we could afford for half our down payment on a home, we jokingly considered it. 

We just watched the season where they go on an RV trip. 25 people crammed into two (three?) RVs to go from LV to ND (or thereabouts, we only have it on in the background)? Sounds absolutely atrocious. I like people, but even that is too peopley for me. Their whole lives are so chaotic it stresses me out. They can't even take a vacation without it being a mess.

It was too much for Robyn too.  IIRC she exited her assigned RV to spend the night in a nearby hotel or motel, it was snowing and night time and through clenched teeth, she muttered "I can't stand this shit".  So much for adapting to the family, as if she had been there from the beginning.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

During the course of my trip down the Sister Wives memory lane, the effect Kody's Chaos has on the kids, specifically the older kids, has intensified. Going public with their lifestyle for the greater good, resulting in paparazzi attention, bad guys plotting to possibly send Kody to jail and splitting and sending the family to parts unknown, generating a growing Fear. S2 depicts the events leading up to, and the frenzied move to Las Vegas.  Tough to watch the kids reactions. Why didn't he just move to Las Vegas and let the family stay put until this was resolved? To think this guy thought it was a good idea "for the family" to sneak 5 adults and 16 kids out of town like they are in witness protection is insane.

Fast forward, and he does it again. Not because of the bad guy cops, but the bad guys holding the mortgages on their LV houses. Why was this move rushed? Couldn't see that date coming up Kody? Refinancing not an option to ya Big Guy. Worked for me in the past.

No wonder these adult kids hit the ground running out of there as soon as they could.

And then this delusional guy comes up with the plan to build the Brown Marriott outside of Flagstaff where "Flagstaff's housing expenses are 43% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 3% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 2% higher than the national average." Like he needs something that immense to live in when most of kids are gone, and "maybe" coming back for holidays. If the Brown tribe does come back to visit en masse, rent a Large Resort facility, like companies do for retreats. 5 adults living in a Jeff Bezos house is crazy.

Not surprised he gravitated towards a life of Plyg. Lots of opportunity for creating chaos when there are so many moving parts. Re-watching his shenanigans, I understand the benefit of checking out like Janelle. We saw what happens when you try to pushback during the group Covid phone call. What a big victim baby. 

Hard to imagine living a life with this guy. 

Doesn't really fit in with this post, (hoping if I put it in writing, it will permanently leave my head) but his dancing performance at one of the wedding venues shows everything you need to know about the maturity of Kody Brown.

Edited by itsadryheat
  • Love 15
On 3/9/2021 at 8:46 AM, monagatuna said:

It was funny. Not him yelling at anyone, but his not manly reaction of getting poo on the shoe. I wish someone could have handed him 1 square of toilet paper. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

Sincere shout out to Garrison!

I'm slowly budget landscaping my backyard. Been stuck on a particular unusual sized space. Saw this clip last week and was zeroed in on the corner connectors. Never saw them before so quickly went to the Home Depot website and there they were, $2.98 ea. And they cut the boards per dimension. $40 and I've got a planter for my desert plants. Ground is like concrete so had to go above ground. Told the kid who was cutting the lumber I saw this on a reality show (would never say which one . . . to anybody) and he just stared at me. One morning install, no help, and done.

Sister Wives on TLC - The Learning Channel

• Love 14
10 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Sincere shout out to Garrison!

I'm slowly budget landscaping my backyard. Been stuck on a particular unusual sized space. Saw this clip last week and was zeroed in on the corner connectors. Never saw them before so quickly went to the Home Depot website and there they were, $2.98 ea. And they cut the boards per dimension. $40 and I've got a planter for my desert plants. Ground is like concrete so had to go above ground. Told the kid who was cutting the lumber I saw this on a reality show (would never say which one . . . to anybody) and he just stared at me. One morning install, no help, and done.

Sister Wives on TLC - The Learning Channel

Yes, that little bed was adorable and went together so quickly.  Those corners were cool. 

I'm re-doing my main garden and separating my 4x25 foot beds into two 4x10 raised beds each.  It's a slow process but it should be low maintenance and easier to keep the creeping witchgrass (it has many names) from taking over everything.

• Love 4

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Oldcastle-7-5-in-x-7-5-in-x-5-5-in-Tan-Brown-Planter-Wall-Block-Pack-of-24-16202486/206942399?MERCH=REC-_-pipsem-_-206501693-_-206942399-_-N&

These are Amazing! 

I wish producers (who I also thank for letting us see this scene) would include more of the kids and less of the parents. That includes my favorite, Mariah. I'm sure they are disgusted by this trainwreck by now, but other than the Brown adults secret back story, this is where the story is. How are they affected by growing up in chaos with mixed messages, absent dear leader father, and filmed for the world to see?

My current deep dive is Kody's attitude and behavior towards Truley. I don't think he cares for her . . . at all, and as a result it is reciprocated.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

How are they affected by growing up in chaos with mixed messages, absent dear leader father, and filmed for the world to see?

I think they are all completely done and don't want anthing to do with any association with their idiot parents.  Their entire lives (for the younger ones at least) have been all over the place - on SM, on TV, and in the tabloids.  There has been a camera shoved into their faces and their words and actions have been picked apart ad nauseum.  I highly doubt any of them would sign on for any more of that nonsense.  Logan fled a long time ago and never looked back and good for him.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

My current deep dive is Kody's attitude and behavior towards Truley. I don't think he cares for her . . . at all, and as a result it is reciprocated.

I think because of Truely's health scare and being Christine's last child.  She gets her way most of the time and probably a little spoiled.  Why would you want to listen to someone who comes around once a week or less?

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I think because of Truely's health scare and being Christine's last child.

I believe you are correct about the health scare.  There were a zilliion postings on SM about what a crappy father he was to ignore his child during a health crisis.  It was so bad that in reruns TLC even pulled those scenes.  The Lord High Prophet of the Browns came across as a total clueless boob and he can't do anything about it except blame the kid who "caused" it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I think because of Truely's health scare and being Christine's last child.  She gets her way most of the time and probably a little spoiled.  Why would you want to listen to someone who comes around once a week or less?

There is a scene in seasons 4 or 5 in which Garrison acts out aggressively toward Gabe. Kody is there but it is Janelle who runs up to scold them and it's not until Janelle calls Kody does he intervene.

He says in the interview that he doesn't like disciplining his kids because he doesn't want that to be the last thing they remember before he's gone for another 4 days.

So this rotation schedule and being in separate houses has really done a number on the kids. They've not had the consistent father figure in their lives that they need.  He's not been able to form any kind of parenting bond other than sort of being an visitor in his wife's home and sometimes extolling stupid advice.

And the babies in the family probably do act out more as they are the result of their exhausted mothers.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 8
On 2/21/2021 at 10:32 PM, truebluesmoky said:

Both Gwen and Mariah are both really just kids with messed up upbringings made worse by reality TV.

I think it is good for Mariah to have a connection with Gwen.  I am not sure how close Mariah really is to her other half-sibs, and I expect that the feelings toward some of them are much stronger from her than to her.  Some of them probably blame her mother for all the disruption in the family and it flows over to Mariah.  Plus Mariah has expressed feelings of being the odd one out because she has no full siblings so if she and Gwen are close, I am happy for her.  I think the twins Gabe and Gwen are pretty much smack in the middle of this group.   Kody tried to include Aurora as a triplet to them, but she was late to the family and acts aloof.  Plus she was already super-bonded to Breanna according to Robyn.

Edited by Twopper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 3/9/2021 at 9:32 AM, Sandy W said:

It was too much for Robyn too.  IIRC she exited her assigned RV to spend the night in a nearby hotel or motel, it was snowing and night time and through clenched teeth, she muttered "I can't stand this shit".  So much for adapting to the family, as if she had been there from the beginning.

It looked like any average motel that could be found near any interstate or major US highway.   Nothing upscale at all, but not Motel 6 either.  I just felt sorry for Dayton because he talked about how nice it was. 

• Useful 1
On 4/12/2021 at 11:29 AM, itsadryheat said:

Truely came along when her father was gaga over his shiny new toy. Her very birth inconvenienced him because it interrupted his focus on Robyn. Also, he's never loved her mother. I think he wished Christine had been done after Ysabel .

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 8

I couldn't find one scene where he was a warm father towards her. 

The Truely kidney's failing on the couch and in passing, father knows best says: give her some LIV water and keeps walking. Recently, the birthday pinata that Truely did not seem to enjoy but Kody did. And next the infamous Bike scene. Strike Three, your out Brown.

Did I miss any?

• Love 2

I couldn't find one scene where he was a warm father towards her. 

The Truely kidney's failing on the couch and in passing, father knows best says: give her some LIV water and keeps walking. Recently, the birthday pinata that Truely did not seem to enjoy but Kody did. And next the infamous Bike scene. Strike Three, your out Brown.

Did I miss any?

No, sadly, some say Savanna is the forgotten daughter, but I also think Truely is also even greatly  forgotten daughter because she got in the way of the Roboichin romance. How dare she be born when he wanted to romance the Robochin???

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 6
On 8/3/2020 at 7:49 AM, Kohola3 said:

She's not now but she was the only breadwinner for a long time.  She not only supported the family, she used her retirement funds to buy homes. And she is the only one that had a college education.  So that might have been been some sort of influence.

Meri worked part time, and she also did home schooling for the youngest children.  Kody was working in some sales job where he had clients.  Meri was fired when the show came out, and Kody said he lost clients. 

I thought Janelle had a college degree but in one of the shows that they list as a "special" which is mostly a rehash of Mykelti and Tony, she laments being a drop out.  She is worried that Mykelti will not continue her education in St George.  Janelle worked in bookkeeping so that could mean she had a few accounting classes in college and dropped out.  Bookkeeping and accounting was offered in my high school to the kids in the "distributive ed" programs.

I do agree that her first three boys seem to be doing well. And Gabe got a head start on his college classes which makes me think he, too, is eager to get out of Dodge and into the working world as fast as possible.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

That heading on Hunters Instagram that used to say Johns Hopkins nursing program 2022 -  no longer appears on his instagram. Or does it? My view doesn't show this listed. 

This discussion was on the episode thread. Do we know what Hunter is doing as a graduate of the air force academy?

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 1

Hunter Elias Brown's IG is now set to private, so I cannot see it anymore. janellebrown117 IG July 31, 2020 said: "Hunter got his diploma in the mail yesterday. Distinguished Graduate (Top 10%) from the US Air Force Academy. We are so proud of him. He is headed to Johns Hopkins for grad school this fall to complete a masters in nursing. It’s been a fun bonus for this mama to have him home for 3 months this summer. That was unplanned. But the time is drawing close for him to leave and he will never again be home for this long of a time. It’s very bittersweet."

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

I thought Janelle had a college degree but in one of the shows that they list as a "special" which is mostly a rehash of Mykelti and Tony, she laments being a drop out. 

University of Phoenix   Degree Name  Bachelor's degree  Field Of Study Accounting

per her Linkedin page

• Useful 5
57 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

University of Phoenix   Degree Name  Bachelor's degree  Field Of Study Accounting

per her Linkedin page

Did she include  the year, by chance?

Edited by ginger90
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Did she include  the year, by chance?

No year. Unfortunately, not unusual for people over a certain age; actually advised for those job hunting, which I'll bet ya a dollar, Janelle is not.🤣😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

No year. Unfortunately, not unusual for people over a certain age; actually advised for those job hunting, which I'll bet ya a dollar, Janelle is not.🤣😂

I figured, but I was curious. Thanks!

Does anyone know when the conversation between Kody, Christine and Ysabel took place? If Ysabel had her surgery in September and this conversation was in the spring of 2020 then Kody did have his way about putting off the surgery for 6. months.  He mentioned during this conversation that he wanted to put it off and they could all go. Wondering if he was thinking that this could be featured on the next season and they could get a free trip.  The time line is so wonky on this show that it is hard to tell when things happend spring or summer. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Does anyone know when the conversation between Kody, Christine and Ysabel took place? If Ysabel had her surgery in September and this conversation was in the spring of 2020 then Kody did have his way about putting off the surgery for 6. months.  He mentioned during this conversation that he wanted to put it off and they could all go. Wondering if he was thinking that this could be featured on the next season and they could get a free trip.  The time line is so wonky on this show that it is hard to tell when things happend spring or summer. 

Best guess - after Christine got back from visiting family in Utah, which she did after Gwyn graduated. So maybe late June/early July-ish? And I believe Ysabel's surgery was in September.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

The Browns are so boring that they make time stand still.  Here are some of the time markers that suggest that it was around June or July, if all the events in the episode were in the same timeframe:

• The high school graduation parade occurred on May 29. 
  • Christine proposed the move to Utah in late June (based on social media)
  • Janelle said that she had to be in North Carolina in August (or September).  
  • Hunter was in Flagstaff for 3 months after his graduation in late April or early May. 
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

It looked to me as if this conversation was professionally filmed. You can see when Kody gets out of the truck (or SUV or whatever) and you don't see any tripods of them filming themselves. I don't know exactly when the film crew returned to Flagstaff, but judging by their clothes this had to have been June at the earliest. 

I bet you're right: he probably hoped to get mileage out of the surgery for the next season -- and of course if it's gonna be on TV, he'd want to be front and center, grandstanding and making it all about himself. I think in the end Ysabel was lucky he didn't go. He's still a piece of shit for the way he treated her in this scene.

• Love 11

Curious, do you think Janelle and Christine put father unknown on their kids birth certificate? Advantage to them - it would make government assistance available.

If they put down kody brown as father on birth certificate, he would be legally responsible for child support if they chose to leave.

I know it's almost a moot issue once Truley turns 18, but wondering how the TLC Grifters played this.

Bloated Ego (name on certificate) vs All Grifting, All The Time (unknown on certificate)

• Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Bloated Ego (name on certificate) vs All Grifting, All The Time (unknown on certificate)

Good question.  Has anyone besides Mariah needed a passport? Kootie would be on her long-form birth certificate because her parents were legally married at the time.  They could do a story about Gwen or someone wanting to travel and seeing her detailed birth certificate for the first time. I needed my long-form birth certificate to get my first passport & at 17 learned that I was the third live birth, not the second. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

I am 100% on the fence.

If I have a tv remote aimed at my head by an angry person wanting control of the tv, I'm going with AG,ATT because above anything, kody brown needs a sports car, and all he needs to feed the bloat is verbal confirmation. Plus, plygs are well known for their love affair with government assistance.

• Love 3

Curious, do you think Janelle and Christine put father unknown on their kids birth certificate? Advantage to them - it would make government assistance available.

If they put down kody brown as father on birth certificate, he would be legally responsible for child support if they chose to leave.

I know it's almost a moot issue once Truley turns 18, but wondering how the TLC Grifters played this.

I’ve wondered about this too. I’m on the fence - yes because of his massive ego, but no because the wives could get more welfare if they didn’t have to include Kody’s income. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Not sure about other states, but in New York State, the mother has to name the father or she can’t get any public assistance for the child. Then the state goes after the father for support.  This could slow bleeding the beast considerably. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6