Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

On 1/16/2021 at 10:31 PM, deirdra said:

Same here.  And I couldn't understand why some straight-haired people wanted curly-frizzy hair like mine.

Because us straight and fine-haired girls assume that you curly-haired gals roll out of bed, run your fingers through your hair and walk out the door looking fabulous. 🙂

It wasn't until my very curly-haired friend explained that she's only had one or two hairdressers in her life who understand how to cut her hair, and that she can never brush it while wet, and the many products she has to put on it to make it not frizz that I sort of understood.  But I would still love to try curly hair, if it doesn't involve the hideous poodle perms of my youth.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 10

To those who follow the family on social media, is there much evidence of relationships between the sibs with different mothers?  Just curious, I haven't noticed much, but I wouldn't unless it was posted here on this site.

But then again, maybe the sibs have smartly decided to keep their relationships off of social media for the most part.

• Love 7
On 1/28/2021 at 1:48 AM, CouchTater said:

To those who follow the family on social media, is there much evidence of relationships between the sibs with different mothers?  Just curious, I haven't noticed much, but I wouldn't unless it was posted here on this site.

But then again, maybe the sibs have smartly decided to keep their relationships off of social media for the most part.

Did some sleuthing for you 😊

Most of the kids that have public social media like each other’s posts and occasionally comment. Most follow each other that I can see with the exception of those that aren’t actively using it or have private accounts - Logan, Michelle and Aspyn, Hunter, Gabe and Robyn’s kids are all private accounts so you can’t see who they follow. 

But noticeable family feuds - Mariah and Maddie no longer follow each other and neither do Maddie and Audrey! Mariah and Garrison don’t follow each other and neither do Audrey and Garrison. Hardly anyone (including Christine!) follows Tony, though her daughters do, as well as Janelle and Robyn. To rub salt in fat Tony’s wound, mostly everyone follows Mitch.

Interestingly Mariah (& Audrey) seem the only children not followed by any of the other wives, only by Meri. If there was a least popular child award I think she wins it. 

Maddie and Meri don’t follow each other. Meri actually doesn’t follow any family members including other wives, with the exception of  Mariah, Audrey, Gwendolyn and Ysabel, though all seem to follow her back (except Maddie). 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Useful 10
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

One correction, Gabe has a public account. His most recent post:

3AC8E1BE-4518-4668-B777-C9D56E66DD48.jpeg

Thanks for that! Didn’t realise he was public 😊 Other wives don’t follow him, just Janelle. 

1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Much appreciated!  Do you happen to know which of the Browns has the most family members following them?

In order it’s Meri in the lead at 436k (probably because of all her pyramid scheme hashtag marketing), then Christine 401k, Janelle 398k, Maddie at 340k, Mykelti 175k, Robyn 166k, Mariah 130k, Kody 85k.

Robyn and Kody aren’t active on social media so it’s expected they’d be way behind in followers, no one wants to follow dead space 😉 

ETA -sorry I may have misread your question. I think the family mostly follow each other (with exceptions in my post above of a few not following each other)  Christine and Janelle and Christine’s girls all appear to be followed by most family members though. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
ETA misread question
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

In order it’s Meri in the lead at 436k (probably because of all her pyramid scheme hashtag marketing), then Christine 401k, Janelle 398k, Maddie at 340k, Mykelti 175k, Robyn 166k, Mariah 130k, Kody 85k.

Janelle's lack of effort isn't harming her.  She has only 3000 fewer followers than Christine, and Janelle isn't pushing LulaNo.  (She's shilling Strive.)  And, she's beating Maddie by nearly 60,000, although Maddie is actively trying to be a social influencer.  

I'm not surprised that Mariah is at the bottom of the list, above only Kody, but I am surprised that she has 130,000 followers.  I wonder what her all-time high was - although I guarantee that she didn't block 360,000.

• Love 6

Moderator announcement:

Please remember that the Politics Policy is still in effect, the mention of political figures (even in jest) is not allowed on Primetimer unless explicitly mentioned on the show itself.

The social media accounts of participants are not an invitation to violate the policy. 

This is not a a warning to any specific person, simply a reminder of the rules. Further disregard of the policy will result in warnings. 

On 1/30/2021 at 4:33 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

Did some sleuthing for you 😊

Most of the kids that have public social media like each other’s posts and occasionally comment. Most follow each other that I can see with the exception of those that aren’t actively using it or have private accounts - Logan, Michelle and Aspyn, Hunter, Gabe and Robyn’s kids are all private accounts so you can’t see who they follow. 

But noticeable family feuds - Mariah and Maddie no longer follow each other and neither do Maddie and Audrey! Mariah and Garrison don’t follow each other and neither do Audrey and Garrison. Hardly anyone (including Christine!) follows Tony, though her daughters do, as well as Janelle and Robyn. To rub salt in fat Tony’s wound, mostly everyone follows Mitch.

Interestingly Mariah (& Audrey) seem the only children not followed by any of the other wives, only by Meri. If there was a least popular child award I think she wins it. 

Maddie and Meri don’t follow each other. Meri actually doesn’t follow any family members including other wives, with the exception of  Mariah, Audrey, Gwendolyn and Ysabel, though all seem to follow her back (except Maddie). 

Thank you @Sofa Sloth!  That is very interesting.  I guess I'm getting old because I don't get the whole "unfollow" thing.   A former friend of mine un-friended me on Facebook (which is how I realized we were former friends).  But I didn't even have noticed this until a mutual friend mentioned that she had been unfollowed by the same person and wondered if I was also un-friended, so I checked.  My left didn't change, though.

Is that a keyboard coward's way of breaking up?  Having someone I don't like in my Facebook friends list doesn't affect me in the slightest.  And being un-friended doesn't do anything.  I don't care.  So I'm having a hard time understanding all the follow/unfollow shenanigans.  But I do know it's a thing now.  Ugh.

• Love 4

Social media is the devil's playground, LOL.  The whole follow/unfollow thing is huge, I just don't pay much attention to it.  However if you are a giant plyg fambly trying to stay on the air in order to make enough money to pay down a bunch of giant mortgages, you'd think the Browns would be a little more savvy in following each other.  Clearly there are cracks in this group.  If they did a season on just that, I would happily watch with popcorn in hand...like I rilly want to know what went down between Meri and Maddie.  And why no one likes Mariah except her mother.

• Love 17

One night a while back I did some snooping on instagram and noticed that several of them have more than one account... Like Maddie for instance, she has several accounts some public and some private... I found 7 and I should have written them down because now I can't remember them all but here's 5 of her accounts.

Madison_Rose11

Lularoemaddiebrush

MaddieBrush

MaddieBrownBrush

MrsBrush2016   

Other family members also have several accounts so it's difficult to know exactly who follows who within the family.

edit to add: it looks like she abandoned some of her accts

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

One night a while back I did some snooping on instagram and noticed that several of them have more than one account... Like Maddie for instance, she has several accounts some public and some private... I found 7 and I should have written them down because now I can't remember them all but here's 5 of her accounts.

Madison_Rose11

Lularoemaddiebrush

MaddieBrush

MaddieBrownBrush

MrsBrush2016   

Other family members also have several accounts so it's difficult to know exactly who follows who within the family.

About a year ago I did a deep dive into the Browns and found that almost all of them had at least 3 instagram accounts and at that time Maddie had 12 but it looks like she's removed a few and just quit posting on some of the others.

She  has more than 1 facebook and she's also in a private facebook group shilling her snake oils, I thought of joining just to see who is in it with her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Social media is the devil's playground, LOL.  The whole follow/unfollow thing is huge, I just don't pay much attention to it.  However if you are a giant plyg fambly trying to stay on the air in order to make enough money to pay down a bunch of giant mortgages, you'd think the Browns would be a little more savvy in following each other.  Clearly there are cracks in this group.  If they did a season on just that, I would happily watch with popcorn in hand...like I rilly want to know what went down between Meri and Maddie.  And why no one likes Mariah except her mother.

I don’t think that last part is a big mystery 😉

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
On 1/11/2021 at 10:55 PM, Sandy W said:

Savanah was much more outgoing when they all lived in Lehi and there was daily mingling with all the kids.  Once they moved to Vegas, an effort had to be made to have the kids interact.  AuroraBreanna fall right into her age group, but it was never evident that they did anything as a crew.  I recall a scene on the driveway once when Janelle had to go out and asked Robyn to look after Savanah, Robyn made a big face and said it would not be convenient as she had to take one of her girls to gymnastics or something.  As if Savanah would be burdensome to take along!

"Still waters run deep" and I think Savanah sits back and absorbs everything going on and files it away in her "how not to choose a husband or raise a family bank".

I wonder if she dislikes being on the show.  She may get negative attention for it at school.  I have the filling that Robyn didn't want her children to mingle with the others.  So much for one happy family.

As I was channel surfing today , I saw  the episode where Kody is describing his house to the designer and was describing why the women didn't want adjacent bedrooms.   I may have seen 4-5 minutes of it as I was dressing.  In one of his talking heads, I had no idea what he said except he used English words; it was like a bad word salad. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 2/2/2021 at 12:47 PM, Dustbunny said:

About a year ago I did a deep dive into the Browns and found that almost all of them had at least 3 instagram accounts and at that time Maddie had 12 but it looks like she's removed a few and just quit posting on some of the others.

She  has more than 1 facebook and she's also in a private facebook group shilling her snake oils, I thought of joining just to see who is in it with her.

Maddie, like her grifter parents before her, sees an opportunity to exploit her fan base with pyramid scheme after pyramid scheme. Her multiple accounts are pretty much just all her failed MLM “businesses” she’s discarded before moving on to the next scammy venture. I usually join her pages purely for the entertainment and this one is gold.

7E4B436C-9E6C-4539-8063-B5ACB7C0455A.thumb.jpeg.80c794228dd30cbdd6c4c2cea92e49cb.jpeg

These Plexus supplements she’s shilling, have not been tested or approved by the FDA and they do not disclose all of the ingredients in their various products. There’s multiple claims about improving “gut health” but zero actual scientific proof for how Plexus is supposed to improve gut health.  Pseudo-science at best and fraud at worst.

Of course like all MLM, it’s not about the product at all anyway, all Maddie will care about, is sucking her fans into her all important downline, to have them shill the snake oil to others, so she gets her riches. 

I despise this method of income full-stop, but particularly from those in a elevated position of ‘celebrity’ preying on those that worship them. Disgusting. Shame she couldn’t follow Logan/Aspyn (heck even Mariah), into an actual honest career, but she’s proven to be a sell-out dud, just like her parents before her. 

307FCDE6-4D11-44B2-A860-D1B624395206.thumb.jpeg.0ddd3490560cab0d81c51edcae949752.jpeg

• Love 4

Maddie had a story about how Plexus has helped her family. She said Caleb had a dry patch on his face. His dermatologist told him in was “incurable”, her word. Plexus cured it, don’t you know!

🤦‍♀️

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Maddie had a story about how Plexus has helped her family. She said Caleb had a dry patch on his face. His dermatologist told him in was “incurable”, her word. Plexus cured it, don’t you know!

🤦‍♀️

It’s times like this that I really miss the animated eye roll emoji I had at my last job. Or the angry one, where the face grew red and exploded.

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Twopper said:

As I was channel surfing today , I saw  the episode where Kody is describing his house to the designer and was describing why the women didn't want adjacent bedrooms.   I may have seen 4-5 minutes of it as I was dressing.  In one of his talking heads, I had no idea what he said except he used English words; it was like a bad word salad. 

This is Kody's MO.  He man-'splains to his four wives the twaddle dancing around in his pea-brain, and the wives - not wanting to admit to being the only wife that doesn't agree/understand/comprehend what he's talking about, all just go along with his latest hair-brained plot while Kody takes a well-deserved nap.  That's why they've moved 147 times in the last 25 years.  That's why they're broke, that's why they have a tumbleweed-filled plot of land containing a pond full of prairie dog poop, that's why they have a Robyn.  Kody is a genius at this.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I just watched the episode where Christine takes Truley to register for school in Flagstaff and they come back home and kody asks how it went and Christine says that Truley met the principle and teachers and told them that she has a little brother that will be coming and that he has a different mom because she has 4 mom's and all Kody says is "did you tell them you only have one dad?" and she says "no"...... So Kody goes "awww you didn't tell them that your dad is this good-looking, husky, hippie looking guy with a beard?"

He's so in love with himself and didn't give a crap how Truley felt.... He needs a mirror because he looks like an insane, scraggly haired, beady eyed patient from the psycho ward. 

I love this post!  Those creepy shark eyes and that rat's nest are awful.  He's a complete narcissist, and barely paid attention to Truely since she was born, because he was besotted with Robyn, and her kids sucked up all the attention.  Asshat!

• Love 15
On 2/1/2021 at 8:47 PM, Dustbunny said:

I'm a fb stalker. I'm pretty sure the legal wife has an acct under Alice Winn. Im guessing she's a stalker, too. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 1

In the comments, she said prior to the cut, her hair was “2 ish inches past” her shoulders, and the same haircut is shown in the pictures 10 minutes apart. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Mariah also chimed in:

9949B3D3-DB62-4CD2-8812-5028FC3D8958.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 6
8 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

not sure what this is about but..

I better not catch anyone standing on my counter warming their feet over my food that's cooking on the stove 🤢🤮

ysybel.jpg

First, it's innocent christmas trees getting jumped on, then its smelly sock hovering around innocent food.  What is wrong with these people?!?

2 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Yuck, that's disgusting.  What these people think is amusing is a mystery.  Reference the whole jumping on the Christmas tree episode.

Gee, great minds, eh?  Hahaha haha.  😜

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

No doubt the people in TX are suffering extreme cold weather. It is heartbreaking the extremes they are going to trying to warm up, some unfortunately leading to death.

Ain't global warming a bitch! Sorry, not sorry couldn't resist.... I do pray for those impacted and hope they can get back to life as normal soon as possible.

• Love 7

Of the older kids that are still in Flagstaff does anyone know who lives where?  I believe Gabe and Gwen both go to NAU and Gwen recently got her own apartment.  Does Gabe still live with Janelle?  Ysabel and Aurora should be graduating from high school this spring.  I wonder if Ysabel will go to NAU in the fall and move out to live with Gwen next year?  I'd guess that Aurora will stay at home with Kody and Robyn while she attends NAU. 

It looked like maybe Garrison was back living with Janelle again too based on the photos of him and Gabe working on the RV remodel together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Since she's one of the kids they call "the triplets," wouldn't AuROARa have graduated when Gwen did?  According to the show, Gabe graduated a year early.

Who knows with these people?  We probably know more about the 13 kids (not counting the Robospawn five) than Kootie does.

• Love 4

I think it’s perfectly normal and healthy for Gwen to look up to Mariah. From an adult perspective, we get frustrated with Mariah for sitting around and doing nothing while shouting from the rooftops about being woke, but she’s not that different from other twenty-somethings navigating a world different than the one they grew up in and feeling they are the first humans to learn what they’re learning and feel what they’re feeling. Then you take Gwen, who also grew up in a very religious family and whose older siblings have all gone on very traditional paths so far AND whose mom is a simpleton (a loving, accepting simpleton, but a simpleton nonetheless), and I can see how even an annoying half sister going against the grain would appeal to Gwen. If Gwen is bisexual and working out who she wants to be as she approaches adulthood, and she can already see clearly that she doesn’t want to be like Aspyn or Maddie or McKelti, I can see how someone like Mariah would be an example of how to not go the traditional Brown route. Both Gwen and Mariah are both really just kids with messed up upbringings made worse by reality TV.

• Love 21
On 2/1/2021 at 8:55 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Madison_Rose11

Lularoemaddiebrush

MaddieBrush

MaddieBrownBrush

MrsBrush2016   

There is a chance that some of those may not be her accounts but fake accounts to try to draw people in from scammers.  Instagram is booming with so many different kind of scams and fake accounts.

On 1/31/2021 at 10:36 PM, CouchTater said:

I guess I'm getting old because I don't get the whole "unfollow" thing.   A former friend of mine un-friended me on Facebook (which is how I realized we were former friends).  But I didn't even have noticed this until a mutual friend mentioned that she had been unfollowed by the same person and wondered if I was also un-friended, so I checked.  My left didn't change, though.

Is that a keyboard coward's way of breaking up?  Having someone I don't like in my Facebook friends list doesn't affect me in the slightest.  And being un-friended doesn't do anything.  I don't care.  So I'm having a hard time understanding all the follow/unfollow shenanigans.  But I do know it's a thing now.  Ugh.

Facebook and Instagram are different with "friends" and "followers". In Facebook someone sends you a request to be your friend and you accept or not.  After that you are linked and they see your stuff and you see their stuff (depending on privacy settings).  If you are unfriended it can be severed from either side and you are not notified.  You would only know if you saw your friends numbers decline and then tried to figure out who is on your list is missing.  Not easy if your list is long. In Instagram if you have a public account anyone can see your content and can follow you. BUT...you have the option to follow them back, or not.  If their account is private then someone can see you have a private account and that is it.  Then you have to "request to be allowed to follow" them and they can approve you or not.  BUT they are not following you unless they "follow back"

There is a little underhanded game on Instagram where you follow someone, then they follow you back.  But...you didn't have any interest in them so you unfollow them.  On their side they can't tell you unfollowed unless they specifically search their follower list.  If you have a lot of followers it can be a long list. LOTS of people trying to grow their numbers will do this, and then there is the whole buying followers, but I really don't understand that fully, if the purchased followers are Bots or actual accounts, even fake accounts.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 2/21/2021 at 10:32 PM, truebluesmoky said:

Both Gwen and Mariah are both really just kids with messed up upbringings made worse by reality TV.

I wonder how many of the Brown kids will end up resenting the parents for this show?  Mariah was embarrassed by Meri going catfishing, but she also has to listen to her dad talk about how "Meri frauded him" into marriage.  And Gwen has to hear that her mother's weight and nacho eating repulsed him.  Robyn seems to manage to keep her older kids off camera a lot of the time except for that dreadfully embarrassing moment when Kody carts one of them upstairs because she is having an anxiety attack.  Can you imagine going to school knowing that your classmates have at least heard about it, even if they didn't see it? I don't mind adults signing up for reality tv, but it bothers me when they bring their kids along.

On the other hand, Maddie and Mykelti and Mariah all seem to have jumped into the instagram and FB influencer roles like their moms so maybe it has benefited them more than hurt. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I wonder how many of the Brown kids will end up resenting the parents for this show?  Mariah was embarrassed by Meri going catfishing, but she also has to listen to her dad talk about how "Meri frauded him" into marriage.  And Gwen has to hear that her mother's weight and nacho eating repulsed him.  Robyn seems to manage to keep her older kids off camera a lot of the time except for that dreadfully embarrassing moment when Kody carts one of them upstairs because she is having an anxiety attack.  Can you imagine going to school knowing that your classmates have at least heard about it, even if they didn't see it? I don't mind adults signing up for reality tv, but it bothers me when they bring their kids along.

On the other hand, Maddie and Mykelti and Mariah all seem to have jumped into the instagram and FB influencer roles like their moms so maybe it has benefited them more than hurt. 

Robyn's purity speech will stigmatize and traumatize her children, especially if they still have a relationship with their father.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

Robyn's purity speech will stigmatize and traumatize her children, especially if they still have a relationship with their father.

But I still don't understand how she got her cookie back before marrying Kootie.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

I tried to find that ridiculous “cookie stealing” segment on YouTube just to have a laugh at Sobbin’s expense but I couldn’t find it there.  I tried searching on every thing I could think of, but no dice.  Does anyone have access to that clip elsewhere?

52 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I tried to find that ridiculous “cookie stealing” segment on YouTube just to have a laugh at Sobbin’s expense but I couldn’t find it there.  I tried searching on every thing I could think of, but no dice.  Does anyone have access to that clip elsewhere?

Here you go:

• Love 5

Thanks @ginger90!  That sappy crap just never gets old.  I particularly love the part about her purity being “stolen.”  I’m sure the reality of that scenario was much different than the way she paints it.  It’s one of those slipped and fell onto a penis type of deals, right Sobbin?  😏.  

And what, pray tell, do you think Dayun is thinking the whole time you are talking about this episode?  You probably made him feel like he was the outcome of a rape.  You are a sick woman to say those things in front of your child, AND a National audience.  So not only do all of your sibs and half sibs know you were the result of a mistake, now all of your friends, classmates and people in places you’ve never been to know it too.  Way to screw your child up for life!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here you go:

I just watched this, and there’s no mention about “cookies”.  I mentioned on another thread, unless I’m losing my mind they’ve edited out some things that were in the original episodes.  Another example is the episode where Truely gets sick—the episode skips from a mention of Truely being a little sick to Christine getting home.  I remember Aspyn telling Kody she needed to go to the doctor and Kody blowing her off, but that’s not in the episode anymore.  Is my memory playing tricks on me, or do you guys remember it that way as well?

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Kbo said:

I just watched this, and there’s no mention about “cookies”.  I mentioned on another thread, unless I’m losing my mind they’ve edited out some things that were in the original episodes.  Another example is the episode where Truely gets sick—the episode skips from a mention of Truely being a little sick to Christine getting home.  I remember Aspyn telling Kody she needed to go to the doctor and Kody blowing her off, but that’s not in the episode anymore.  Is my memory playing tricks on me, or do you guys remember it that way as well?

I'm not positive about use of the word "cookies", I thought she had said that too, but it may have come from a commenter using the term.  Most definitely though, Kody dismissed Aspyn's concerns by telling her to feed Truely LIV water.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, deirdra said:

But I still don't understand how she got her cookie back before marrying Kootie.

She took a pitcher of her kids and her slimy horrible cookie stealing ex-husband to the local caricature artist at the mall, had him erase the ex and draw in Kody's mug, and TAH-DAHHH!  Kody was there from Day One!  Cookie was replaced, intact, for Kody and only Kody!  And regarding those three human beings who are the issue of the cookie-stealer?  Well, Robyn simply traumatized them with the pitcher and then sent them off to the evil cookie monster's house for two weeks.  Mission accomplished!

Also, I wonder what Kody's kids think about him whining about how put out he is by all his stupid wives, and how he wishes he could just spend time with one wife and her kids and no longer try to keep his family together.  They all know which wife he's talking about.  It's like he's wishing his relationships with their mothers to just go away.  Nice thing to hear from your "dad."  I hope Kody grows old beside Robyn and her pointy chin, rattling around in that stupid empty mansion with only occasional visits from Sol and Araiabellobla. 

• Love 12
15 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Thanks @ginger90!  That sappy crap just never gets old.  I particularly love the part about her purity being “stolen.”  I’m sure the reality of that scenario was much different than the way she paints it.  It’s one of those slipped and fell onto a penis type of deals, right Sobbin?  😏.  

This is even much more revolting to watch now than when it originally aired considering Robyn manages a legal marriage to Kody later.  It clearly is worthy of a barf button.

Boy, did she manipulate Kody into feeling so sorry for her.   He really does fall for the damsel in distress routine when it is Robyn.  I bet Meri was starting to recognize what a snake they had allowed into their life.  Especially since Robyn wanted to be there from day one which, of course, would have been the day that Meri married Kody. 

I do feel sorry for her kids knowing that this program is available for all their friends and acquaintances to see.  I have no idea if Robyn's ex is anywhere near as awful as she indicated but it seems to me that she hates her ex more than she loves her children by telling her story in that manner.  Also the youngest children --under 10 or so-- could have at least been dismissed from that part of the 'church service."

They did look all rather content in that early season in the cul-de-sac.  And boy have their clothing standards changed.

• Love 12