Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CofCinci

The Kids of Kody Brown: Using Up All the Letter Ys on Kody's Future Planet

Recommended Posts

I think it's very telling that none of the other "adults" have congratulated Logan on his great accomplishments.  It doesn't surprise me that Robyn didn't, because only her kids count.  Meri probably didn't because it points out how much Logan has accomplished while Pudge lays around the B&B contemplating her navel and making arts & crafts.  And it doesn't even surprise me that much that Kody didn't, because that would put the attention on someone other that Kody.  But I am very surprised that Christine hasn't said anything, since she pretty much raised him.  Or maybe Logan preferred that his family just not say anything at all.

Either way, that kid has a bright future far away from Kody's Magic Kingdom.  He was so smart to move away from that circus, and it seems most of his brothers are following his lead.  I hope that keeps Kody up at night.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

On 12/18/2020 at 11:08 AM, laurakaye said:

Or maybe Logan preferred that his family just not say anything at all.

It's possible they posted on his Instagram, which is private. Likely he prefers that to a public announcement. He probably wasn't thrilled by his mother's post.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

It's possible they posted on his Instagram, which is private. Likely he prefers that to a public announcement. He probably wasn't thrilled by his mother's post.

This makes me admire him even more.  Neither he nor Michelle are willing to sell their souls for the almighty buck.  When they do marry, there will be no feckery with televised preparations and ceremony.  If they do change their minds and decide to have children, we can rest assured there will be no filmed bathtub birth experience, much to Kody's chagrin.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Could use a bra fitting.  Or is she of the "bras are evil" branch of the family.

She’s going to need some support for those pups before they reach her navel.  She’s pretty well endowed, and it may not be an issue now, but it will be in the future!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

She’s going to need some support for those pups before they reach her navel.  She’s pretty well endowed, and it may not be an issue now, but it will be in the future!

I noticed this issue with Aspyn, as well. Before she set her instagram to private, she posted a pic of herself in a very unflattering bathing suit.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

The note at the bottom states "we got tested and did nothing for two straight weeks so we could all be together." Furniture is Meri's. I would not trust every member of this gang to have actually observed the two-week quarantine!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

The note at the bottom states "we got tested and did nothing for two straight weeks so we could all be together." Furniture is Meri's. I would not trust every member of this gang to have actually observed the two-week quarantine!

A crew like that over and no one went grocery shopping?  Even if they had curbside pickup or delivery to the house, was everything disinfected before it came into the house?  Somehow, I doubt that.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

49 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

A crew like that over and no one went grocery shopping?  Even if they had curbside pickup or delivery to the house, was everything disinfected before it came into the house?  Somehow, I doubt that.

I've discovered most people I know are no longer disinfecting groceries or packages (if they ever were). I still am but mostly using isopropyl wipes, which have 75% alcohol according to the container, but it's unclear whether each individual wipe is actually wet enough to be 75%. I've stopped disinfecting the outside of frozen vegetable bags so I just wash my hands after I handle them. I am way more cautious than most (I never leave my apt without both mask and face shield,  even to take out the garbage.) Short answer: no way are Christine and Janelle bothering to disinfect groceries. Robyn probably makes her kids and Kody do it though.  

Edited by Teafortwo · Reason: egregious typo
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

 

On 12/25/2020 at 6:49 PM, ginger90 said:

 


Screenshots from video, so they’re blurry:

F04F2AE1-0A68-4934-85B8-5C9CB7E676CA.jpeg

5D315377-BD62-4D63-8A08-FA1088C2C520.jpeg

Wonder why they chose Meri's house for their Christmas get together? 

Does Robin not want us to see inside her mansion? 

Edited by dmbo · Reason: Double post
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, dmbo said:

Wonder why they chose Meri's house for their Christmas get together? 

 

Was that Meri's house?  They must all share a 50 gallon drum of beige paint for their walls. I have never seen such bland houses and furnishings, all in shades of brown.  Blah.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Was that Meri's house?  They must all share a 50 gallon drum of beige paint for their walls. I have never seen such bland houses and furnishings, all in shades of brown.  Blah.

Most likely her Flagstaff rental.  According to the last season when they filmed Christmas they rotate houses for Christmas Eve, Christmas morning and afternoon/night.

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Most likely her Flagstaff rental.  According to the last season when they filmed Christmas they rotate houses for Christmas Eve, Christmas morning and afternoon/night.

Great to see you "back on the board" again, Roslyn! Hope you are doing well. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

23 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Was that Meri's house?  They must all share a 50 gallon drum of beige paint for their walls. I have never seen such bland houses and furnishings, all in shades of brown.  Blah.

Truth!  This house looks exactly like the interior of the cuddle-sac houses, so for a moment I had to stop and remember where they live now.

Who are the two people behind Meri sitting and talking?  Is that Dayton and Mariah pre-haircut?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

 

Who are the two people behind Meri sitting and talking?  Is that Dayton and Mariah pre-haircut?

That may be Mariah and Audge.  It seems that Audge cut her hair before Mariah.  Whoever it is, the postures indicate the person seated on the stairs is imparting words of wisdom to an eager student.  Mariah can not let up, even for a festive occasion.

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

If they all "got tested", I wonder if TLC is shooting?  I cannot imagine these clowns getting tested with Mr. Liberty & anti-government in charge (unless Robyn insisted).

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Okay so while we're on this topic, I wonder why Garrison (apparently they call him Garry) is Robert Garrison and not Garrison Robert. I don't really understand dropping the first name and using the middle. Garrison definitely fits better with the names of his immediate siblings. I like all of Janelle's kids' names.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

21 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

But who is that with the Kootie curls?  Looks like a vagrant trying to earn some spare change . . .

I thought it looked like Meri...like she would help one of Janell's kids...NOT.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

But who is that with the Kootie curls?  Looks like a vagrant trying to earn some spare change . . .

Not a very flattering photo of Gabe. 

  • Like 9
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Not a very flattering photo of Gabe. 

That blond is Gabe??? Never would have guessed in a million years.

Edited by Gramto6 · Reason: typo
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

That blond is Gabe??? Never would have guessed in a million years.

Yeah, I can tell by his profile.  Initially I thought it was Kody helping his son but then I remembered he's only allowed out of the basement every other evening for exercise and fresh air.

I think that's actually a cool project, one my own son would happily take on.  Hopefully Gabe and Garrison are going to use it to live far away from their doof of a "father."

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Was Garrison the one doing carpentry with Aspyn's husband or was that Paedon?

I wonder if zoning would allow them to put it by the picnic tables at Prairedog Plague Flats if they bring it down to civilization to empty the septic tanks and charge the batteries now and then.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I thought it looked like Meri...like she would help one of Janell's kids...NOT.

That's what I thought...Meri with scarecrow straw hair!

Is Gabe bleaching his, while his sister(s) go dark?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Initially I thought it was Kody helping his son but then I remembered he's only allowed out of the basement every other evening for exercise and fresh air.

In a normal, boring, run of the mill monogamist family this might be a father helping his son with a project.  It would be a chance to create memories between a father and son, maybe teach your progeny something your dad or gramps taught you . . . I think more is lost in polygamy than individuality and self worth, but that’s just a casual observation from a boring monogamist. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

“It has surprisingly been of interest to Gabe as well.”

Everything is a surprise to Janelle.

You're so right! Lol

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

That blond is Gabe??? Never would have guessed in a million years.

All of Janelle's children have light color hair, except for Logan, and I think it was light when he was a child.  

 

23 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I thought it looked like Meri.

At first glance I thought the same thing and decided the person was to short.  Then realized it was Gabe.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Wow wonder where that was? Janelle's? His own place? O r a job? If a job hit looks pretty good, kind of missed on the alignment of the last row and looks like a couple gaps lower.  For a beginner, not a bad showing.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Wow wonder where that was? Janelle's? His own place? O r a job? If a job hit looks pretty good, kind of missed on the alignment of the last row and looks like a couple gaps lower.  For a beginner, not a bad showing.

The kitchen of the RV he & Gabe are refurbishing?  Looks nicer than Janelle's house, so far.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Wow wonder where that was? Janelle's? His own place? O r a job? If a job hit looks pretty good, kind of missed on the alignment of the last row and looks like a couple gaps lower.  For a beginner, not a bad showing.

I would say a great job if it's his first remodel.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, deirdra said:

The kitchen of the RV he & Gabe are refurbishing?  Looks nicer than Janelle's house, so far.

Yes, it’s the RV.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/31/2020 at 1:05 PM, ginger90 said:

“It has surprisingly been of interest to Gabe as well.”

Everything is a surprise to Janelle.

I would've thought the surprise was that she forgot she had a son named Gabe.

But I love that he's fixing up an RV that is going to look nicer than any house we've ever seen the Brown adults live in.  The kitchen already looks better than the brown/beige/brown color schemes in every kitchen I have seen from that family.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe her sons are covertly working on Janelle's liberation.  She has spoken of travelling and living in an RV to visit her children - to Kody's surprise and consternation.  Her sons aren't seeking Kody's approval; only Maddie does.  (I can't gauge Savannah.) 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

50 minutes ago, CocoPuffs said:

I have been watching old seasons on TLC Go. Savanah was so outgoing as a little girl. She seemed very talkative and rambunctious. She has really changed as a teen, but I guess that happens sometimes. I’m used to seeing it the other way around though - when a child starts out shy and grows up to be more outgoing.

Also, I think Savanah is such a beautiful girl. But she always seems to be in the background. An afterthought.

 

Savanah was much more outgoing when they all lived in Lehi and there was daily mingling with all the kids.  Once they moved to Vegas, an effort had to be made to have the kids interact.  AuroraBreanna fall right into her age group, but it was never evident that they did anything as a crew.  I recall a scene on the driveway once when Janelle had to go out and asked Robyn to look after Savanah, Robyn made a big face and said it would not be convenient as she had to take one of her girls to gymnastics or something.  As if Savanah would be burdensome to take along!

"Still waters run deep" and I think Savanah sits back and absorbs everything going on and files it away in her "how not to choose a husband or raise a family bank".

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Savanah and Truely are both afterthoughts, at least where their sperm donor is concerned.  I too remember Robyn refusing to watch Savanah.  Some sisterhood they have going there!  What a crock.

Truely stood up for herself when Kootie tried to force her to ride a bike, and I loved that.  She knows that he only cares for Robyn's kids.  

  • Like 10
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Savanah and Truely are both afterthoughts, at least where their sperm donor is concerned.  I too remember Robyn refusing to watch Savanah.  Some sisterhood they have going there!  What a crock.

Truely stood up for herself when Kootie tried to force her to ride a bike, and I loved that.  She knows that he only cares for Robyn's kids.  

Truely is fortunate enough to have Gwen as a role model in her daily life, who wouldn't hesitate to call Kody out, even if only in the confines of her own home, out of earshot of Kody.

Savanah had only Maddie, who in her hungry quest to be Daddy's Girl could see no wrong in any of his behaviors.

In neither instance, they could not count on their mothers, who instead of paving the way as strong feminists, exposed them to what they perceived as feminine behaviors, get what you want/need through female wiles, and if that doesn't work, give in and step back into your place realizing that the male is the "head of the house", no matter where he leads.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Truely is fortunate enough to have Gwen as a role model in her daily life, who wouldn't hesitate to call Kody out, even if only in the confines of her own home, out of earshot of Kody.

Savanah had only Maddie, who in her hungry quest to be Daddy's Girl could see no wrong in any of his behaviors.

In neither instance, they could not count on their mothers, who instead of paving the way as strong feminists, exposed them to what they perceived as feminine behaviors, get what you want/need through female wiles, and if that doesn't work, give in and step back into your place realizing that the male is the "head of the house", no matter where he leads.

Excellent observation.  I've always thought of Gwen as snarky, and I like that about her.  

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/11/2021 at 9:51 PM, CocoPuffs said:

I have been watching old seasons on TLC Go. Savanah was so outgoing as a little girl. She seemed very talkative and rambunctious. She has really changed as a teen, but I guess that happens sometimes. I’m used to seeing it the other way around though - when a child starts out shy and grows up to be more outgoing.

Also, I think Savanah is such a beautiful girl. But she always seems to be in the background. An afterthought.

 

And I am so jealous of her thick long curly hair.  I've always had thin flyaway, hair.  Which you really can't do anything with.  Spend an hour curling and styling.  Only for it to look like you did nothing to it a few hours later.  I also like being in the background.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Spend an hour curling and styling.  Only for it to look like you did nothing to it a few hours later.  I also like being in the background.  

Depending on the weather/the circumstances I should take a Polaroid before I leave the house and wear it on a lanyard. Labeled "How I looked not that long ago." 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 20

Share this post


Link to post

My hair's like Savanah's (and nearly as long!)  How I wished for straight Aspyn hair as a teen.  I like my curls now.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

My hair's like Savanah's (and nearly as long!)  How I wished for straight Aspyn hair as a teen.  I like my curls now.

Same here.  And I couldn't understand why some straight-haired people wanted curly-frizzy hair like mine.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size