Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Is Gwen in love with herself?  Her love poem is cryptic.  I don't recall there being a lake in their backyard, so how can she be in quarantine?  Sort of like Mariah travelling to Flag and Meri to Parawan when they are supposed to be staying at home except to go to the grocery store?

Gwen is no different than quite a few of her siblings who seem to have very high opinions of themselves.  She could have driven to the plague infested drainage ditch to take the photo.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Gwen and Aurora are supposed to be graduating next month.  I'd assume Flagstaff will be like every other high school and postpone or cancel their graduation ceremony - so no footage for the show.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Will Gwen graduate this year?  Pretty pictures.

I hate her shoes.  They look too big and like high-tops guys wore in the 60's.  Sorry I had to snark about something.  She's an attractive young woman.

Gwen looks like Gabe in drag. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Just Wondering said:

Gwyndlyn Janelle Brown.  Never knew!

Is it Janelle or Genielle (Kody's mother)?  I think they are both pronounced the same way.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I hope those jeans weren't a birthday present and the three photos aren't the montage of her entire celebration.  Truely's end-of-school tea party was more of a blowout.

I scrolled through her comments.  She has nearly 50,000 followers and got very few comments.  I only recognized Michelle as one of the first to comment. 

I'm sure every 17-year old asserting her identity wants to read this comment: "Oh my goodness you look so much like your mama! That’s a compliment , she’s beautiful and so are you!'

• Love 4

WOW.  That's incredible.  I wonder if there's a personal reason for why she's doing this.  At the same time if there is a personal reason, she's keeping it to herself, which I applaud.

I'm glad Logan and Michelle found each other.  They've always seemed mature beyond their years.  I'm rewatching early seasons and it stuns me how Logan -  not the adults, mind you, but LOGAN, at age 15/16 - was the singular voice of reason in this huge family.  His early couch interviews show how smart and thoughtful he was, even as a teenager...well, to be fair, a teenager thrust into the role of surrogate parent to all of his younger siblings.  He may have had no say in the matter but he definitely rose to the occasion, and I love that he no longer appears on the show.

• Love 19
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

WOW.  That's incredible.  I wonder if there's a personal reason for why she's doing this.  At the same time if there is a personal reason, she's keeping it to herself, which I applaud.

I'm glad Logan and Michelle found each other.  They've always seemed mature beyond their years.  I'm rewatching early seasons and it stuns me how Logan -  not the adults, mind you, but LOGAN, at age 15/16 - was the singular voice of reason in this huge family.  His early couch interviews show how smart and thoughtful he was, even as a teenager...well, to be fair, a teenager thrust into the role of surrogate parent to all of his younger siblings.  He may have had no say in the matter but he definitely rose to the occasion, and I love that he no longer appears on the show.

me too. I'm hoping that more of the kids opt out of the show as they grow up. 

I think Robyn's kids and Christine's girls will cling to the show as long as possible. It saddens me that Truely already has an Instagram profile as young as she is. Mykelti I think would be on more often if she could but I'm pretty certain that Tony's employer WFB said no way.

Logan is smart to keep his SM private. He is such a bright young man. I think Hunter is also stepping back and I think Gabe only participates to please his mom, at least I like to think so anyway.  And of course Maddie seems to be making a career out of SM. 

• Love 10

Wow, that's impressive that Michelle is donating a kidney. However, my second thought was, I hope she cuts back on her drinking!

15 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think Robyn's kids and Christine's girls will cling to the show as long as possible. It saddens me that Truely already has an Instagram profile as young as she is.

I think Ysabel runs Truely's instagram but agree she is too young. I also think there is hope for Gwen getting out of there and having a life/career outside the show. 

• Love 7

I wonder if Kody is confused when he asks his boys what they are doing, and they reply with "working a job."  It must grate at him that not only did his strapping sons not follow in his plyg footsteps, they also for the most part have decided that "grifting" is also not a good lifestyle option.

It says a lot that his boys, once grown, fly the coop and find success elsewhere.  I love it.

• Love 18

Sometimes doing the opposite of your role model is the key to success. My elder sister is a spendthrift who quit >30 jobs and blamed her bosses and everyone else,  when the common denominator was HER, not them.  My younger siblings and I have all worked hard and never quit until we had something else lined up and saved money for a rainy day.  So I guess we should thank her for showing us what NOT to do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Interesting post by Paedon. Guessing he’s totally off Mariah’s Christmas card list as this seems to be a public FU aimed at her, given her recent rants that all police and military are bad (even though multiple brothers of hers are in the military). His post was liked by Maddie and Janelle. I’m thinking Mariah’s recent posts would have caused a lot of tension in the family and that’s why she’s gone missing from social media. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 13
30 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I wonder how tall Christine's father was.  Paedon is a head taller than most of his TV family.

Hmmm, maybe there's something to be said for a diet of tater tot casserole, mock tapioca, mock ravioli and oven burnt toast after all. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
(edited)

Other pics on Paedon's page that you can access from SofaSloth's post show the whole family at the start of the show and an older one of the first 8 kids.  Every time I look at one of their old photos, there is always one kid whose name I forget and have to consult SW's Wikipedia page to figure it out. It is usually one of the boys, even though there are fewer of them. I wonder how often that happens to Kody?

The wedding photo also made me wonder if Robyn's younger daughter by the cookie-thief has hemochromatosis or another condition that causes her skin to be bronze, since I've seen it at other times (including the episode this past winter where the older one was having panic attacks and Kootie felt the need to carry her upstairs like Rhett Butler to display his manliness).  At this young of an age it doesn't seem that she would have gotten into Meri's bronzer stash or been outside tanning alone while all the other kids are pale as sheets.  Though maybe she went to the spray tan salon with the bride before her wedding.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/10/2020 at 7:35 AM, Sofa Sloth said:

Interesting post by Paedon. Guessing he’s totally off Mariah’s Christmas card list as this seems to be a public FU aimed at her, given her recent rants that all police and military are bad (even though multiple brothers of hers are in the military). His post was liked by Maddie and Janelle. I’m thinking Mariah’s recent posts would have caused a lot of tension in the family and that’s why she’s gone missing from social media. 

Comments from this post: ( no clue why he says, “other white women”, I didn’t read all of the comments, but the rest is interesting.)

1256DD66-9675-4AFC-9FAD-2B173114C2CC.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Comments from this post: ( no clue why he says, “other white women”, I didn’t read all of the comments, but the rest is interesting.)

1256DD66-9675-4AFC-9FAD-2B173114C2CC.jpeg

And yet another reason to like Paedon. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
48 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Paedon has since deleted all of the comments, and has them turned off now.

I saw segments on Reddit and it's easy to say why he did. 

I don't feel I should discuss here because it's extremely political and polarizing. Let's just say that I disagree with what he said, vehemently. And thumbs up to Audrey.

• Love 7
(edited)

Per Hunter's IG, which is set to private, he is entering a Master's of Science in Nursing program at Johns Hopkins (this is noted at the top of the page next to "USAF 2020" it says MSN Johns Hopkins 2022. I guess this means he will be a male nurse in the Air Force when he completes the degree. Not sure - I did not request to follow him. https://www.instagram.com/hunter_elias01/?hl=en

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Useful 10
  • Love 3

The common denominator seems to be whatever works out best for the Browns, which can range from liberal free stuff (like food stamps) to capitalism looking the other way where MLM ponzi schemes or Kootie's shady businesses are concerned.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The common denominator seems to be whatever works out best for the Browns, which can range from liberal free stuff (like food stamps) to capitalism looking the other way where MLM ponzi schemes or Kootie's shady businesses are concerned.

It extends also to their hard won fight to have polygamy decriminalized rather than legalized.  If plural marriages were legal, there would then be a paper trail to follow when it came time to assess responsibility for the care and feeding of several wives and multiple children.  Legalization has never been what they sought, they want to simply carry on their merry way without the fear of having accountability.  

• Love 14
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5 pictures:

Ysabel is pretty- she looks so much like Aspyn here.  Not surprising as Christine is pretty and Kody is a nice looking guy (much more so in his youth). 

I wonder how she’s doing with her scoliosis. 

• Love 3
(edited)

She's a cute gal but I'm pretty much fed up with the arty-farty tryhard poses. (Not singling out the Browns, while turning on my hose and setting it to Turbo). 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Ysabel is pretty- she looks so much like Aspyn here.  Not surprising as Christine is pretty and Kody is a nice looking guy (much more so in his youth). 

I wonder how she’s doing with her scoliosis. 

It has been mentioned than Christine was selling her Lula on a facebook live and telling people that she is getting closer to the $50,000 she needs for the copay for Ysabel's surgery.  Most likely that will be used as a storyline in upcoming seasons. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

It has been mentioned than Christine was selling her Lula on a facebook live and telling people that she is getting closer to the $50,000 she needs for the copay for Ysabel's surgery.  Most likely that will be used as a storyline in upcoming seasons. 

They will have to skirt around mentioning the LLR name.  It must be production that lays down the rule that they can't come out and say the name of the company they sell for, Meri has at times said that she 'sells a line of clothing'.  I'm sure if they could, Meri, Christine and Mykelti would turn the show into a one hour show extolling the benefits of buying and becoming part of their downline to their faithful followers.  Kody has made vague references to his business partner but has not really come out and said just what this business is.  

• Love 8