Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I wish they could have labelled or said the names of the kids when they were toddlers in the home movies. They zipped by too quickly and I couldn't figure out who was who other than Logan.

I couldn't get over how much baby Logan looks like Axelbrush

• Love 5

To clarify: you are not virtue signaling. You are objecting to something that appalls you.

Virtue signaling is when you say "I send gift boxes to the troops every year." Just shut up and do it. "I adopt a needy family every year. Here, look at these photos of them eating the turkey dinner I provided." Do it, and shut up about it. Etc, etc.

What you're doing is taking a stand. Virtue signaling is being pious by drawing attention to good deeds when virtue should be its own reward.

Posting this because I want to clarify that my virtue signaling post awhile back wasn't about anyone here (in case it came across that way).

• Love 9

Ok folks, here's the deal:

YES, you are allowed to talk about the kids' looks. We do ask that you don't speculate on the kids' sexual orientations, sexualize them in any way, or play diagnostician, and we may ding stuff that's completely over the top. But it is not against the rules to say mean things about people on reality shows, kids or adults. 

What IS out of bounds is being critical of other posters, getting into fights with each other, or telling people what they can and can't post. Don't do that. If someone's posts bother you, put them on your Ignore List. If you don't know how, see the Site FAQ.  

• Love 12

Anyone know what’s happening with Ysabel’s scoliosis? Any clues she’s progressed to surgery? Recently rewatched the episode with Kody declaring she would never have surgery and belittling the medical opinion, in favor of a sending her to a quack boot camp, all whilst declaring to Ysabel it was her own fault if she DID need surgery as she didn’t work hard enough on her exercising...Never wanted to yank his Shirley Temple curls right off his head more, then when watching that episode. 

• Love 10
(edited)
On 3/6/2020 at 2:42 AM, Sofa Sloth said:

Anyone know what’s happening with Ysabel’s scoliosis? Any clues she’s progressed to surgery? Recently rewatched the episode with Kody declaring she would never have surgery and belittling the medical opinion, in favor of a sending her to a quack boot camp, all whilst declaring to Ysabel it was her own fault if she DID need surgery as she didn’t work hard enough on her exercising...Never wanted to yank his Shirley Temple curls right off his head more, then when watching that episode. 

Not sure what thread it is on, but I think they said she had her surgery last summer.  The no surgery bit was just a story line.  No one would want their child to needlessly suffer when there is a good treatment available. 

Edited by Pickleinthemiddle
missing words
  • Useful 2
On 3/6/2020 at 3:42 AM, Sofa Sloth said:

That man pissed me off royally when he acted like she was at fault for her curve advancing.  His attitude of putting it all on her shoulders was beyond shameful.

31 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Not sure what thread it is on, but I think they said she had her surgery last summer.  The no surgery bit was just a story line.  No one would want their child to needlessly suffer when there is a good treatment available. 

While nothing has been mentioned on the show, if you go through Ysabel's Instagram she doesn't post a lot, but consistent enough to see that I don't think she has had surgery.  I do remember seeing a little couch video that was either from TLC on social media or on their website where Kody finally said that surgery was Ysabel's choice and he made it seem like it was happening soon, but again, looking at the photos on her Instagram it doesn't look like it has happened yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

But...but... Janelle tweeted that the show isn't scripted. 

🙃🙄😂

• LOL 9
(edited)

I read somewhere recently that Ysabel has not had the surgery but is now open to it and looking forward to it since her first cousin had the surgery and it was life changing for her. 

But knowing her deadbeat parents they are making her wait until she is 18 to have the surgery so that they do not have to pay for it.  It's not like she is Robyn's kid or anything.  Christine is too busy posting thirsty photos f herself and her forgotten children to really worry about any of this.

I think people are assuming Ysabel had surgery because of the photo of her in a wheelchair at Disneyland.

Edited by aimlessbird
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Not sure what thread it is on, but I think they said she had her surgery last summer.

I believe there was a reference to "surgery" but not the scoliosis surgery.  That takes a long recovery and we'd certainly have seen some SM posting and pictures of that along the way.  Wouldn't put it past Kootie to post it hoping for some sympathy $$$ or a GoFundMe page from the sycophants.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I believe there was a reference to "surgery" but not the scoliosis surgery.  That takes a long recovery and we'd certainly have seen some SM posting and pictures of that along the way.  Wouldn't put it past Kootie to post it hoping for some sympathy $$$ or a GoFundMe page from the sycophants.

That would be right up Grifter's Alley, and the Browns aren't above working the system or using their fawning fans to get what they want.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

But...but... Janelle tweeted that the show isn't scripted. 

🙃🙄😂

Well now, maybe it isn’t scripted per se, but they surely agree upon plot lines.  Blah. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

They're coming through OK for me XWord.  Try refresh, see if that helps.

Now that I'm back on the page, I can see them fine.  Thanks Sandy!

So Ysabel and Gwen are taking a US grand tour?  I wonder who's payingk.

• Love 4

Could be, I didn't think of that.  It would serve Kootie right if all the other kids demanded a private college education like More-iah got.  Oh, wait.  Meri actually had to spend some of her money for that, didn't she?  The 1/3 share she got from the get-go, even though Janelle and Christine had 6 kids apiece?  

Anyway.  I'd still like to know if Ysabel had surgery, since Kootie was such an asshat about it.  Meaning, he didn't want to pay for it.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

The 1/3 share she got from the get-go, even though Janelle and Christine had 6 kids apiece?  

re the bold, I catch myself thinking of it that way and then wonder how accurate it is.

If the money is split 3 ways then where does Kody get his money? Do each of the wives give him an allowance out of their third? Or, if they do split the pot 4 ways why the hell is he entitled to a quarter of the money when "he" has zero kids in "'his" household?

But I guess that would be the same as Meri getting the same for one kid as the other moms get for 6 kids. I don't think the money has ever been explained in a satisfactory way and that, IMO, is owed to the viewers. 

They waffled on explaining the sex lineup as well. Suck it up, buttercups, you owe facts to the audience as part of displaying your "culture" on TV for $$$. Boo freakin' hoo that you prefer not to answer. That never should have been allowed. 

• Love 5

At one point Kody said the money was split five ways.  Each wife plus Kody got a share and then a share went into the family pot for college, emergencies, weddings, etc.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

At one point Kody said the money was split five ways.  Each wife plus Kody got a share and then a share went into the family pot for college, emergencies, weddings, etc.

I bet that only happens with the TLC money now. Meri ain't giving up her LLN pie, not a single crumb. 

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I bet that only happens with the TLC money now. Meri ain't giving up her LLN pie, not a single crumb. 

True.  I doubt there is a great deal of sharing of "outside income" these days.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

I wonder if they are actually going to let Gwen go to college somewhere other than in Flagstaff?  Perhaps they are out East looking at colleges?

According to Janelle’s Twitter, Gwen and Aurora (or whichever girl is the same age) will go the same school as Day’un and Gabe.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

According to Janelle’s Twitter, Gwen and Aurora (or whichever girl is the same age) will go the same school as Day’un and Gabe.

Probably because it will be cheaper and they don't have to pay for room and board, they will be able to live at home.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Probably because it will be cheaper and they don't have to pay for room and board, they will be able to live at home.

I would not be surprised at this point if the kids are given no choice for school. Only NAU and only if you live at home.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Kootie must be ripping out his stupid curls over the "craft beer" reference.  Good.

I dunno, there's photos of Christine toting six packs of beer into Robyns house on Mothers day and a fair amount of wine drinking. I think the teetotaling ship has sailed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I dunno, there's photos of Christine toting six packs of beer into Robyns house on Mothers day and a fair amount of wine drinking. I think the teetotaling ship has sailed.

Along with modest dress, family prayer, and "love should be multiplied/divided" (I could never get that straight.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Kootie must be ripping out his stupid curls over the "craft beer" reference.  Good.

I suspect that is exactly what Michelle was imagining when she typed it.  I wonder how much bacon she bought. 😉   Soon we may have scenes of Kootie teaching Truely how to curl and insert hair extensions.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Gabe's a good kid.

ETA his profile reminds me of my ex. Sigh! 

He should go far in life, he has an arsenal of tools in his chest, academic as well as athletic and he has learned to cope and make the best of a situation.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

@Mahamid Frauded Me where are you?   Need to put kody’s floating head in place of her floating head! 
It is Mahamid who does this, right? 

I think it's Sofasloth. ❤

Or maybe MM too... Jeez I know sofa does the hoses...

Edited by Joan of Argh
Sorry I'm no help lol
  • Love 3

Is Gwen in love with herself?  Her love poem is cryptic.  I don't recall there being a lake in their backyard, so how can she be in quarantine?  Sort of like Mariah travelling to Flag and Meri to Parawan when they are supposed to be staying at home except to go to the grocery store?

• Love 8