Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

I agree. They have the best looking kids of the bunch. Maybe that was the couple that was meant to be together from the beginning. 

Don't tell that to Queen Robyn.  She'd cut you like a knife.  😛

K & C's kids have been my favorite for a long time.  Excepting Mykelti (who I always believed "shoulda" been Meri's, with her entitlement Bridezilla attitude) they seem like good kids.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

My hell, Robert's costume is funny! No idea what/who he is, probably a movie or game I never heard of, but way funny nevertheless.

Is Robert The Brown a play on Robert The Bruce? If so, I am impressed.

• Love 3
On 11/1/2019 at 3:10 PM, Kohola3 said:

Aren't there ANY shops in Flag to get a proper bra fitting?  What is it with this group when even the youngest ones have sagging breasts?  Not their fault but cinch them the hell up a notch!

Apparently not and none in Vegas either... Also no proper swim suit shops.

Aspyn's boobs were nearly dragging on the ground in her bathing suit.  😲

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Mariah and Maddie of all the children are totally insufferable to me for different reasons.  I am watching the older episodes and is it totally wrong I was a bit glad Meri got into her house last.  Watching her and Mariah pining away in the middle of the cul de sac like two fools staring at the house was ridiculous even for the Browns.

• Love 12

I loved that episode, @Irate Panda.  If Meri hadn't forced her entire floorplan to be redesigned in order to get that stupid wetbar, she might've been first wifey in - and if that had happened, you know she would've been happily hauling out her bins of discounted Hobby Lobby crapola to decorate her place while her sister wives and their kids remained temporarily homeless.  The icing on that cake was Mariah pouting and crying because her inferior siblings were going to get to move into their bedrooms before her.  My goodness, thinking back, it's literally no wonder that no one in that family can stand Mariah or Meri.  Their snowflake mentality goes way, way back.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Meri's floor plan wasn't redesigned.  The wives had to pick from already approved versions of the houses.  Meri didn't get her paperwork in as soon as the other wives.  Her loan wasn't approved yet so they couldn't close on the house.  It was her own actions or inactions that caused the delay which is in its own way a bit sweeter.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Meri's floor plan wasn't redesigned.  The wives had to pick from already approved versions of the houses.  Meri didn't get her paperwork in as soon as the other wives.  Her loan wasn't approved yet so they couldn't close on the house.  It was her own actions or inactions that caused the delay which is in its own way a bit sweeter.

Yes, I remember the scene where they (Meri/Kody) were pressing Mona about "in by Christmas" and Mona made a point on camera to clearly state that since Meri had only gotten her paperwork in a day or two ago there was no way hers was going to be ready for Christmas.  Meri's face just froze in a blank look.  I have always wondered if the scene was supposed to be Mona being vague and "hopeful" instead of plainly speaking.  Christmas wasn't long off and Meri had JUST gotten the papers in.  THAT point needed to be driven harder to Mariah/Meri instead of a sniveling Meri barely able to speak....."....Mar Mar Mariah said all she wants for Christmas is to be in the home...snif. snif. snif." 🙄

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

He was involved in an ATV accident some years ago. 

I seem to recall that they had corrective surgery for it a few years ago.  I guess that's going to be as good as it gets, unless maybe another procedure will be done when he has completed his growth.

• Love 4

I seem to recall Kootie whining that Dayton didn't need plastic surgery, as if it were purely cosmetic and frivolous.  I suspect that if Dayton's injury had been properly repaired when it first happened, not months later, that he might have better control of his eyelid today.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
53 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I seem to recall Kootie whining that Dayton didn't need plastic surgery, as if it were purely cosmetic and frivolous.  I suspect that if Dayton's injury had been properly repaired when it first happened, not months later, that he might have better control of his eyelid today.

Robyn didn’t put her foot down?  I’m surprised!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I seem to recall that they had corrective surgery for it a few years ago.  I guess that's going to be as good as it gets, unless maybe another procedure will be done when he has completed his growth.

He's over 18, hasn't he already finished growing? I feel bad for him as I suspect that Robyn will endeavour to keep him at home instead of allowing him to make his own life.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

He's over 18, hasn't he already finished growing? I feel bad for him as I suspect that Robyn will endeavour to keep him at home instead of allowing him to make his own life.

I thought the same.  She is going to be overly involved in his life.  My son in law is autistic, he manages okay most days and I think that Dayton/David will to.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

No; males don't tend to reach their full growth until their early to mid-twenties.  And yes, Robin will probably try to keep him a child forever, just like she managed to uproot all of the families so she could live in Flagstaff to watch over him in college and have him live at home.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The 4 best days of Dayton's life were probably his solo trip to the Grand Canyon and other wonders in the summer before they moved.

And isn't that typical Brownthink.  Robyn doesn't feel he's capable of attending to matters of everyday life on his own, not even dorm life, yet throws caution to the wind and turns him loose on the highways.  If he isn't aware enough to change his own bedding, attend to his laundry or shop for groceries, how dare she inflict his lack of reasoning skills on an unsuspecting driving public.  I do believe he is fully capable, he did pass a drivers test I assume but Robyn wants to keep that nest full at all costs, even to the point of making Dayton feel "less than".

• Love 8

I've noticed in THs with the older children, that Dayton is shy but can speak for himself, yet if Robyn is present, she typically speaks for him.  He seems to be very high functioning - if she'd only let him.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

So I gather Gwendolyn graduated high school in 2018.  Anybody know what she is doing now?  Is she going to college or did she head straight into the job market?

Really? I'm surprised that Christine didn't kick her out like she has with her other kids.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

So I gather Gwendolyn graduated high school in 2018.  Anybody know what she is doing now?  Is she going to college or did she head straight into the job market?

She’s currently a senior.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Really? I'm surprised that Christine didn't kick her out like she has with her other kids.

Gwen is a senior in high school.  I laughed out loud last night when Kody and Christine were sad that the older kids had stayed up North and had no huge desire to visit their parents much.  What did they think was going to happen? Their attitude has always been You're 18 now I am no longer responsible for supporting you.  Go make your own life.  Unless of course I need your wedding or childbirth scenes for ratings.  

• Love 12
42 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Gwendolyn tricked me I guess.  She was wearing a "Class of 2018" t-shirt so I assumed she had graduated.

I thought she was graduating also but maybe she has a boyfriend that is a senior and is wearing his sweatshirt.

13 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

I did read somewhere online that Gabrielle was able to combine his Junior and Senior year and graduated a year early (2018)  I do not know if this is actually true or not.  So much for the triplets.  LOL

August 26th, 2019:

11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

August 26th, 2019:

Just because he's smiling doesn't mean everything is A-OK. He knew his mom was gonna post it on SM so what else could he do? 

Hoping for his sake he opts to stay on campus in a dorm, if that option is available.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

Gwen is a senior in high school.  I laughed out loud last night when Kody and Christine were sad that the older kids had stayed up North and had no huge desire to visit their parents much.  What did they think was going to happen? Their attitude has always been You're 18 now I am no longer responsible for supporting you.  Go make your own life.  Unless of course I need your wedding or childbirth scenes for ratings.  

So true.  People with real jobs that they have to support themselves, can't take off whenever they feel like it and be gone for a week.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, lindalouwho said:

Apropos of nothing, do we know why the LDS church allowed Robert Garrison to join, but denied Maddie and Mykelti? It has to be something more than the non traditional weddings.

Most likely: something went amiss during their bishop interview. They said something he didn't like or they didn't say something he wanted to hear. For example, they refused to renounce/bad mouth their parents' lifestyle and/or they didn't agree to cut ties with them. There are basic guidelines for membership, yes, but each bishop also has a certain amount of autonomy re how he runs his ward* (congregation). If he said their attitude was lacking in some way that would be the final word. 

*You can't attend just any ward, you have to attend the one that's in your neighborhood. It's a good way to keep track of people's spiritual inventory when just one ward evaluates them. A singles ward (made up of never marrieds of a certain age, widows and widowers, those who have divorced, college students or soldiers living away from home) is an exception to this formula because it is allowed to draw from surrounding neighborhoods. 

• Useful 10

FWIW I recently met a military guy who was LDS.  Same set up plyg parents and sister like Maddie.  He was accepted into LDS she was not.  He said his being younger and immediately moving away and going into the service probably was the deciding factor.  It wasn’t that he didn’t want to associate with his family, it was that he wasn’t there to do so.  While his sister was still in the small neighborhood allowing her family to babysit her kids.  I forget what the sister’s husband was but I don’t  think he was Mormon at all, so that probably didn’t help.  The military guy ended up leaving LDS after learning more about its racial history, he said the older him just couldn’t abide by it.  FWIW he said his moms were actually friends and always presented a united front against his Dad.  They all basically lived in one house with a small guest house in the backyard.  He said they threw his dad out there when he got in their nerves LOL.  Another interesting fact all the kids are either single or non plygs.  The most kids anyone couple has is 3.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 6
  • Love 5