Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

So if it's LDS, Garrison got accepted, when Maddie and Mykelti were denied (supposedly because of their plyg parents?)  Seems odd to me.  Men are accepted easier than women?

Puzzling.  I know next to nothing about LDS.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

So if it's LDS, Garrison got accepted, when Maddie and Mykelti were denied (supposedly because of their plyg parents?)  Seems odd to me.  Men are accepted easier than women?

I saw this on Reddit and that very topic was being discussed. 

My own opinion: 

First - I take anything said by the family on the show and social media with a giant grain of salt. We only get one side. 

I'm sure there are plenty of kids raised in a polygamist family who've been accepted into LDS. Isn't one of the Darger kids LDS?

Mykelti and Maddie are still sucking at the TLC teat. I get the impression that Garrison, like Logan, is pulling away. Looks like he's stayed in Vegas. 

And yup maybe it does have to do with the fact that they're female. But it looks like Garrison did the stuff like missionary work and so on, meaning he's taking it seriously.

• Love 11

Thank you Dakota, you are right about not believing everything they say (i.e., the girls being denied LDS.)

Garrison, your asshat father also was LDS, did a mission, and then converted to plyg.  I hope you won't take after your dad!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

So IIRC, when at least one of the girls wanted to be baptized into the mainstream LDS church, she was told she would need to renounce her parents’ lifestyle and not associate with them.  Am I dreaming, or do I remember seeing it, but not which girl?

Oh my . . . Does that mean that Garrison would have been asked to do the same thing?  Seeing that he is wearing the garments, and he has been baptized, it would seem to indicate that he has taken a new and different path.  Well this never came up during dinner conversation on the show.  And it seems to have been seven years in the making?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

So IIRC, when at least one of the girls wanted to be baptized into the mainstream LDS church, she was told she would need to renounce her parents’ lifestyle and not associate with them.  Am I dreaming, or do I remember seeing it, but not which girl?

Oh my . . . Does that mean that Garrison would have been asked to do the same thing?  Seeing that he is wearing the garments, and he has been baptized, it would seem to indicate that he has taken a new and different path.  Well this never came up during dinner conversation on the show.  And it seems to have been seven years in the making?

My opinion is *not being an LDS authority* is that they would've wanted her to renounce polygamy. Cut off contact with the family though? I doubt it. 

I'm sure there are plenty of LDS whose parents were polygamists and still associate with them. 

(It's Caleb Darger who became LDS)

The family has a huge tendency to stretch the truth.

Garrison is one of the "middle kids" who's gotten lost in the shuffle IMO. Kody definitely has his favorites, and his mom is pretty well checked out.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 5/25/2019 at 8:40 AM, DakotaJustice said:

Mykelti and Maddie are still sucking at the TLC teat. I get the impression that Garrison, like Logan, is pulling away. Looks like he's stayed in Vegas

I agree, IMO I think Maddie wasn’t accepted only due to ‘her job’ at that time being regular appearances on Sister Wives, thus she was publicly supporting that lifestyle. I think she said she was declined because ‘my family’s too public’ but it was really because SHE was too public. I think if Maddie and Mykelti weren’t chasing the TLC dollar and appearing on the show regularly, I’m assuming the church wouldn’t even know or care if they associate with their family or not, it was the more the fact she was publicly appearing on a TV show endorsing the very lifestyle they are so keen to disassociate with. 

I’m not religious, don’t know and it’s just a theory, but the Browns love to stretch the truth and claim unfair persecution because of polygamy where there is a valid background reason not televised: -

*That time they ‘weren’t allowed to go inside’ on that road trip to the hometown of Joseph Smith, they claimed at the time it was because they were polygamists, but the venue clapped back later that actually it was about no filming permissions being in place. 

*The fact they claimed they fled Utah for to avoid ‘arrest for polygamy’ when it was widely theorised they were actually being investigated for things like welfare fraud with Christine’s food stamp thing etc not the polygamy law itself. 

Many examples, but I’m sure if Maddie were to live a quiet life away from the cameras of sister wives, the LDS church would have no qualms accepting her to join. Garrison probably agreed to no longer appear regularly and could it be that's why we no longer see much of the taco twins either? St George is only a few hours away, so I thought they would put their mugs on camera more for a few bucks, but I haven’t seen much of them this season? (Granted I’m only up to episode 4) Maybe as FT was Mormon, he got a similar talk that he needed to cut down the public appearances or be excommunicated? Just speculating...

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 9

Sofa, your post makes a lot of sense.  We have had posters say they miss FT, so it's pretty apparent he hasn't appeared on the show a lot this past season.

One thingk I find puzzling is that the LDS owned business LLNo sucks up to this plyg family in regards to Meri & Christine selling their crap clothes.  Isn't one of Kootie's complaints (all of the elder Browns, really) the fact that they are so persecuted, and the mainstream LDS shuns them?  Bullshit.  The fact that they are Z list "celebs" gets them all kinds of perks.  Persecuted, my ass.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sofa, your post makes a lot of sense.  We have had posters say they miss FT, so it's pretty apparent he hasn't appeared on the show a lot this past season.

One thingk I find puzzling is that the LDS owned business LLNo sucks up to this plyg family in regards to Meri & Christine selling their crap clothes.  Isn't one of Kootie's complaints (all of the elder Browns, really) the fact that they are so persecuted, and the mainstream LDS shuns them?  Bullshit.  The fact that they are Z list "celebs" gets them all kinds of perks.  Persecuted, my ass.

Pyramid schemes like that will do business with anyone with a high following and public exposure. It benefits them greatly to have a minor celeb on their books. No time for principles when your running a MLM and got to keep the dough rolling up the line 😉 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, deirdra said:

"cutie" has no name? What is she, the first of many sisterwives?

At least "cutie" is not as bad as "snack", lol. Somehow I missed the discussion about that comment on this thread, I see several people agreed that it wasn't exactly endearing.

• Love 4

I had higher hopes for Garrison.  He endeared himself to me when he dared to scold toddler spoiled-rotten (teeth to prove it!) King Sol.  Kootie and Janelle jumped G's ass, of course.  They (shitty bio-parents) couldn't risk bonus mom Queen Robyn's wrath.  

No wonder Janelle wants to eat herself into oblivion.  Gotta keep sweet and appease the HBIC.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I had higher hopes for Garrison.  He endeared himself to me when he dared to scold toddler spoiled-rotten (teeth to prove it!) King Sol.  Kootie and Janelle jumped G's ass, of course.  They (shitty bio-parents) couldn't risk bonus mom Queen Robyn's wrath.  

No wonder Janelle wants to eat herself into oblivion.  Gotta keep sweet and appease the HBIC.

Same that was a standing ovation moment for Garrison when he dared correct King Sol hitting, while Kody and Robyn ignored it. It must be such a weird situation to sit by and watch little siblings in your family being parented completely different to how you were, simply because they are the kids of the favourite wife. How annoying, I’d be pissed too!  Remember when Garrison & Gabe had their carpark scuffle and Kody went ballistic embarrassing them on TV. Yet king Sol can go around hitting everyone and that’s fine. Granted, there was a huge difference in age, but violence is still behaviour that should be always be corrected by a parent at any age. 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Same that was a standing ovation moment for Garrison when he dared correct King Sol hitting, while Kody and Robyn ignored it. It must be such a weird situation to sit by and watch little siblings in your family being parented completely different to how you were, simply because they are the kids of the favourite wife. How annoying, I’d be pissed too!  Remember when Garrison & Gabe had their carpark scuffle and Kody went ballistic embarrassing them on TV. Yet king Sol can go around hitting everyone and that’s fine. Granted, there was a huge difference in age, but violence is still behaviour that should be always be corrected by a parent at any age. 

Sol should have been corrected, absolutely, but I think Garrison overreacted. He was much older and Sol was just a baby. But Sol needed to be checked, no doubt.

Hate to say it, but Garrison and Gabe both come across as douchey. Hunter did too, but he seems to have matured and grown out of it. Hopefully they will as well.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Sol should have been corrected, absolutely, but I think Garrison overreacted. He was much older and Sol was just a baby. But Sol needed to be checked, no doubt.

Hate to say it, but Garrison and Gabe both come across as douchey. Hunter did too, but he seems to have matured and grown out of it. Hopefully they will as well.

All Janelle’s boys had their douchey moments, but I gotta say I loved this one! He saw right through his father’s double standard and called him out. Kody was fine with the teenagers parenting all the other kids when he was off bonking another wife, (and there are countless examples of this) but on the rare occasion he’s actually present, they better not try it. 

Garrison was frustrated, as clearly Solomon ruled the roost and the impression was that it wasn’t uncommon for him to be hitting people unchecked. From memory, it didn’t even show him discipling Solomon, just being critical of the lack of parenting which I think is what really got him in trouble questioning the ‘all powerful leader and his queen 😂’  I think he said ‘that if they didn’t check Solomon he was going to be a brat’ (or similar) which may be a bit harsh, but he was probably right and had every right to express it, if he was looking after Sol at times. Sol was young, but just ignoring hitting, sets the the tone for it to continue. When my then two year olds hit, I grabbed their hands and said ‘I won’t let you hit, hitting hurts and we don’t use our hands to hurt people’. You repeat that again and again, if you have too until it sinks in. That’s being an active parent and obviously neither Kody or Robyn stepped in to do this so Garrison did say something and got blasted for it. If I were Garrison I’d have found the double standard of ‘you’re only good enough to parent for me when I’m absent, not when I’m purposely letting the golden child run amok’ so annoying. 

• Love 13

FWIW Women call men snacks too.  Overall, I just think it’a stupid term.  I don’t know if it’s the case here or Garrison just being a Brown, maybe the woman doesn’t want her name out there for googling or it’s just Garrison being 20.

• Love 7
On 7/6/2019 at 2:10 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

Two Men and a Lady 

Kody’s hair is braided on top. I guess I’ll award points for effort but that whole mess looks nasty and dirty. He used to have pretty hair but that bird has flown. Buzz cut!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

FWIW Women call men snacks too.  Overall, I just think it’a stupid term.  I don’t know if it’s the case here or Garrison just being a Brown, maybe the woman doesn’t want her name out there for googling or it’s just Garrison being 20.

I think the main issue is that he put it out there on social media for all to see. It's fine to get cheeky with your partner in private or to joke around with family and friends, but to put out a comment like that for the world to see just objectifies her and seems disrespectful. I don't know, maybe we are all just a bunch of old fuddy-duddies, lol!

• Love 10
On 7/7/2019 at 4:42 PM, Gothish520 said:

At least "cutie" is not as bad as "snack", lol. Somehow I missed the discussion about that comment on this thread, I see several people agreed that it wasn't exactly endearing.

I have now decided that Garrison is a giant dick.  She is human with a name.  Not snack, cutie, whathaveyou.  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Kody’s hair is braided on top. I guess I’ll award points for effort but that whole mess looks nasty and dirty. He used to have pretty hair but that bird has flown. Buzz cut!

You know, that's what he should be doing.  If he washed his weave at night and then braided it, in the morning he would have lovely beachy waves.  With all the time he'd save on moussing, gelling and crimping, he could.......I don't know, take another nap or something.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I think the main issue is that he put it out there on social media for all to see. It's fine to get cheeky with your partner in private or to joke around with family and friends, but to put out a comment like that for the world to see just objectifies her and seems disrespectful. I don't know, maybe we are all just a bunch of old fuddy-duddies, lol!

I see your point and don’t necessarily disagree with it, but find it fairly common on SM today.  Honestly, I think most people over share too much with strangers on SM.  I really jus started watching this show the past couple of years.....tuned in long ago and lost interested...so I’m not that familiar with Garrison’s behavior.  I do probably cut most of the “kids” slack...I mean look who they’re parents are.  The only one I can say genuinely irritates me is Mariah, but to be honest I think she’s one of the only one of the older Brown kids that really shows a sense of entitlement.  On a superficial note, her fucked up eyebrows irritate me.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I think the main issue is that he put it out there on social media for all to see. It's fine to get cheeky with your partner in private or to joke around with family and friends, but to put out a comment like that for the world to see just objectifies her and seems disrespectful. 

3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I have now decided that Garrison is a giant dick.  She is human with a name.  Not snack, cutie, whathaveyou.  

Exactly, I understand the fact he’s  just young and trying to fit in with the cool kids but it’s a crappy immature way to introduce the world to a girlfriend (or boyfriend) on social media. A piece of ass you’re taking home for one night only, or a playful joke at home maybe it would be fine. I just think men (and woman) who use this should consider the origin and meaning. It’s purely sexual, not loving. 

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If he washed his weave at night and then braided it, in the morning he would have lovely beachy waves.  With all the time he'd save on moussing, gelling and crimping, he could.......I don't know, take another nap or something.

I keep hoping Kody will take a nap and King Sol plays a prank, cutting off the ponytail.  Anyone could do it, but King Sol would be able to get away with it with no discipline.

• LOL 8
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

I keep hoping Kody will take a nap and King Sol plays a prank, cutting off the ponytail.  Anyone could do it, but King Sol would be able to get away with it with no discipline.

I joke around about cutting off Mr. Gothish's mullet all the time. He just will not part with it. That's why I give Kody a bit of slack there,  because I have my own who won't accept that fact that he doesn't have long, flowing locks anymore, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Evidently Robyn loves the KootieTail, or it would be long gone.  Janelle likes it.  It looks more ridiculous every season.  Bald is beautiful, Kootie.  Just cut that mess and you'll look better.  Your brother looks a lot better than you do, and he's bald.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Evidently Robyn loves the KootieTail, or it would be long gone.  Janelle likes it.  It looks more ridiculous every season.  Bald is beautiful, Kootie.  Just cut that mess and you'll look better.  Your brother looks a lot better than you do, and he's bald.

Plus it would be so much easier. I'd shave my own head if I thought I could pull it off! Can't stand fussing with my hair just to get it to look less crappy, lol. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Plus it would be so much easier. I'd shave my own head if I thought I could pull it off! Can't stand fussing with my hair just to get it to look less crappy, lol. 

I think he's saving The Buzz Cut as a future plot device to save the show, last resort-style after they're done with the catfish which has been blackened beyond recognition.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I was watching a YouTube by a young Mennonite woman who I thought was charming. Next video she talked about ways for the wifey to make money and one way was MLM and she said “before I get hateful comments there is a way to make money”’or something similar. That’s when I gave up on her. Browns must like!!

• LOL 4
56 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I was watching a YouTube by a young Mennonite woman who I thought was charming.

Since when do Mennonite women post on YouTube?  And I know that they are more "liberal" than Old Order Amish but still wear plain clothing so to whom would they sell LuLaRags?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

*sigh*

Maybe some family members are working for their own spending money.  Not everyone works a regular job.  Personally I like regular jobs.  You put in less hours for more money than an MLM or home based job.  Most of the time.  Plus a regular job has benefits.

• Love 9
(edited)
18 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Oh my Lord. Now SHE'S doing Zyia?!?

So dueling leggings sales.  It is starting to seem like these jackholes are all desperate for $.  Maybe they HAVE  had to take a pay cut from TLC.  It is either selling stuff online or medical experiments for the lot of them.  HA!

OR novel thought, is selling this shit the only way they ever get new stuff?  Cause it seems like Mykelti wears/keeps more than she can possibly sell.  

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Since when do Mennonite women post on YouTube?  And I know that they are more "liberal" than Old Order Amish but still wear plain clothing so to whom would they sell LuLaRags?

• Love 1
On 7/11/2019 at 8:27 PM, Kohola3 said:

I have lived in several areas with heavy Amish and Mennonite populations.  Mennonites range from the highly conservative secs who essentially do not have interaction with the English world to groups who drive cars and are only distinguishable from the English with conservative dress. 

• Love 6