Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Michelle & Logan don't want Kody to be the star of their wedding. 

And we know he would grab that, by pontificating how Logan is his firstborn, and how he was even given a bar-mitzvah.  Kody aka Kootie has to be the star of whatever show he blesses with his magnificent appearance.  

Michelle wants it to be her and Logan's day, as it should be.  Tell Kootie and the gang to stick it where the sun doesn't shine, if they try to interfere.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Tell Kootie and the gang to stick it where the sun doesn't shine, if they try to interfere.

Absolutely.   Sadly his mom is pretty much useless in doing anything proactive on his behalf.  Takes too much energy.

• Love 8
On 1/12/2019 at 6:38 PM, Kohola3 said:

Absolutely.   Sadly his mom is pretty much useless in doing anything proactive on his behalf.  Takes too much energy.

I wonder what Logan thinks of his mother, given that he seems very motivated in general and specifically regarding his health.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, lma said:

Now that kind of looks like the photo that Janelle posted (see Janelle’s thread). Is Red Rock in Sedona? I thought Sedona was a getaway for some Janelle and Kody loving. Poor Janelle. She never gets any. 😉

(To be clear, I thought the Sedona trip was supposed to be quality alone time for them as a couple,  so I’m surprised to see others went on the trip with them. Should’ve known. Pretty sure Robyn gets about 90% of Kody’s one on one time, which every couple needs.)

There is also a park in Nevada with "Red Rock" in its name.  The topography is similar.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, lma said:

Now that kind of looks like the photo that Janelle posted (see Janelle’s thread). Is Red Rock in Sedona? I thought Sedona was a getaway for some Janelle and Kody loving. Poor Janelle. She never gets any. 😉

(To be clear, I thought the Sedona trip was supposed to be quality alone time for them as a couple,  so I’m surprised to see others went on the trip with them. Should’ve known. Pretty sure Robyn gets about 90% of Kody’s one on one time, which every couple needs.)

Red Rock is in Vegas.  It's quite pretty.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Those muscles do nothing for me.  I've never been impressed by that sort of thing.  Good for Michelle if she likes them!  Hopefully she'll stick to her guns about not televising their wedding, and refuse to milk the TLC teat just so Kootie and the Gang can score another season.  Alas, I am sure SludgePudge will be on board for making bank on their weddingk.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Those muscles do nothing for me.  I've never been impressed by that sort of thing.  Good for Michelle if she likes them!  Hopefully she'll stick to her guns about not televising their wedding, and refuse to milk the TLC teat just so Kootie and the Gang can score another season.  Alas, I am sure SludgePudge will be on board for making bank on their weddingk.

THIS.  A lesbian weddingk coming (in part) from member of a plyg family is gotta be ratings gold or, since we're discussing this family, ratings bronze.

Perhaps you've just stumbled upon how our intrepid lesbian couple plans on paying for the rest of their grad school education. Well, I gotta respect their hustle. Even Kootie is happy, another season means another paycheck.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

FF007AF7-6FFA-4AF0-8206-354E805A5B9B.jpeg

ADBD4491-5948-447E-ACE7-26957C3B48ED.jpeg

Interesting positioning of Aspyn's hand.  The solar plexus is known for radiating one's power to the world, by placing her hand there, it's as if she is stifling and containing this energy.  I have noticed this same hand position with Robyn and Christine when posing with Kody and at one time Meri did the same.  I have never seen Janelle adopt this pose. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 3/10/2019 at 11:53 AM, Rabbit Hutch said:

THIS.  A lesbian weddingk coming (in part) from member of a plyg family is gotta be ratings gold or, since we're discussing this family, ratings bronze.

Perhaps you've just stumbled upon how our intrepid lesbian couple plans on paying for the rest of their grad school education. Well, I gotta respect their hustle. Even Kootie is happy, another season means another paycheck.

Maybe they should do a crossover ep with "Say Yes to the Dress" at either Kleinfeld's or Lori's Bridal in Atlanta-- can you imagine Kody vs Randy (NY) or Kody vs Monte (Atlanta)? And of course, the 2 brides can't see each other's dresses so there'll be plenty of wacky hijinks keeping them apart (I know, already done with other lesbian couples) while having the large entourage to critique the dress styles on Mariah and Audrey.

• LOL 8
21 hours ago, kimaken said:

Maybe they should do a crossover ep with "Say Yes to the Dress" at either Kleinfeld's or Lori's Bridal in Atlanta-- can you imagine Kody vs Randy (NY) or Kody vs Monte (Atlanta)? And of course, the 2 brides can't see each other's dresses so there'll be plenty of wacky hijinks keeping them apart (I know, already done with other lesbian couples) while having the large entourage to critique the dress styles on Mariah and Audrey.

Kim, you have just written the "script" for the whole next season!!! Love it!

• Love 5

So, I'm hoping this is the right place to put this...I don't watch this show (just watched the last 3 or 4 episodes of the latest season and I vaguely remember when the show came out and the crispy haired goober married the one brunette), but...those names. What?

Aspyn? How is that pronounced? I assume like Aspen, but I mentally see it as "a spine." Which, well, considering the women in this household...not effing likely.

Mykelti? I...like mick-el-tee?? Again, my brain wants it to be a long I.

Gwendlyn? What?

Truely? I get what they were getting at there, but they misspelled it. Paedon? Sounds like a feminine product. 

Meanwhile, some of the kids have normal-ish names, like Aurora and Robert and David. Who decided on the weird names?

Maybe I'm just out of touch. I know white people like to make their kids' names twee misspelled versions of regular names, and I'm not a parent so I can't know, but...is this normal? Is it biblical? I'm no Christian but I've read the bible and I don't remember seeing a Mykelti in there (granted it's a big book and it's been awhile). Am I completely off base here or are these names just....really awful?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

So, I'm hoping this is the right place to put this...I don't watch this show (just watched the last 3 or 4 episodes of the latest season and I vaguely remember when the show came out and the crispy haired goober married the one brunette), but...those names. What?

Aspyn? How is that pronounced? I assume like Aspen, but I mentally see it as "a spine." Which, well, considering the women in this household...not effing likely.

Mykelti? I...like mick-el-tee?? Again, my brain wants it to be a long I.

Gwendlyn? What?

Truely? I get what they were getting at there, but they misspelled it. Paedon? Sounds like a feminine product. 

Meanwhile, some of the kids have normal-ish names, like Aurora and Robert and David. Who decided on the weird names?

Maybe I'm just out of touch. I know white people like to make their kids' names twee misspelled versions of regular names, and I'm not a parent so I can't know, but...is this normal? Is it biblical? I'm no Christian but I've read the bible and I don't remember seeing a Mykelti in there (granted it's a big book and it's been awhile). Am I completely off base here or are these names just....really awful?

I've read that this is a Mormon/Utah thing.  Giving their children odd names and spellings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Aspyn, Mykelti, Paedon, Ysabel, Gwendlyn and Truely belong to Christine who is plyg royalty.

(Paedon is pronounced as Paid-un).

SpellCheck doesn't even acknowledge her kids' nanes, it just goes "OK."

• LOL 8
On 3/28/2019 at 8:38 AM, kimaken said:

If Pudge and Sludge get much bigger they'll need go to the local "Tent and Awning" for their dresses. 

At Mykelti's dress shopping episode I think Pudge said for her wedding she'd wear a white jumpsuit and all I could think was NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!.... Good lord can you imagine Pudge in a clingy one piece jumpsuit?   My eyes are screaming just thinking of it!  😵

• LOL 9
On 3/9/2019 at 5:39 PM, ginger90 said:

B30B3611-EFED-4473-94A1-53C37A51F5BC.jpeg

I know young men are all about muscles, his are huge and what are all those weird little bumps... I hope he's not a roid monkey.

That said...  I like that Logan isn't like the others and sucking off the TLC teet or on-board with the various MLM's and hashtag hell.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Clarity
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I don't think Aurora is very usual either. 

There is no Robert. 

David was Dayton's name on his birth certificate (his father's name) but they always called him Dayton and eventually changed it legally. 

You forgot Ysabel. 

3 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

There is no Robert. 

David was Dayton's name on his birth certificate (his father's name) but they always called him Dayton and eventually changed it legally. 

You forgot Ysabel. 

Garrison’s first name is Robert.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

There is no Robert. 

You forgot Ysabel. 

Janelle's son Garrison has the first name of Robert.  Garrison is his middle name.

• Love 2

I'll admit I had to look on their Wiki page to get some examples of their normal kids' names. All I've been hearing about lately is A Spine and Gabe, which I should've used as an example. But these people produce children in a post-apocalyptic "repopulate the earth" frenzy so I can't be arsed to keep track of them.

I can’t remember where Logan and Michelle were being discussed. Someone asked Aspyn about them, this was her reply:

aspynbrownthompson they decided to quit the show for personal reasons, mostly having to do with professional life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

So in other words, Logan and Michelle are looking for actual, fulfilling work and want to disassociate themselves with their lazy, grifting, no-job having family.  Good for them!

I hope this drives Kody nuts...that his beloved first son wants nothing to do with filming anymore, and his subsequent sons are all fleeing to join the National Guard.  Oh well, he'll always have Fat Tony.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
On 3/9/2019 at 7:23 PM, DaphneCat said:

I get caring about yourself and wanting to be healthy but those muscles do not look natural.

He's got the same big arms that my nutrition coach and my boxing trainer have and I can assure you that neither of those two wonderful men are juicing or doing anything other than devoting a ton of time in training. I wonder if Logan boxes? 

• Love 4
On 4/16/2019 at 12:38 AM, Joan of Argh said:

I know young men are all about muscles, his are huge and what are all those weird little bumps... I hope he's not a roid monkey.

That said...  I like that Logan isn't like the others and sucking off the TLC teet or on-board with the various MLM's and hashtag hell.

You mean in his lower arms? 

Depending on what you're looking at, I see veins and tendons. 

The nurses must love it when Logan comes in for blood work - no tap-tap-tapping to find a vein. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I hope this drives Kody nuts...that his beloved first son wants nothing to do with filming anymore, and his subsequent sons are all fleeing to join the National Guard.

But I do wonder what the boys in the National Guard are doing.  Serving in the National Guard is not a full time job except in some high ranking positions.  These are Weekend Warrior stints so are they in school or working at real jobs somewhere?  Whatever it is, they are certainly laying low.

• Love 7

I think it's great that Kootie's sons are distancing themselves from the circus that they were largely raised in.  The boys/young men are not just coloring their hair and marrying the first guy that looks at them, like the girls/young women are doing.  

Still LOL when I think about the episode that took the family on a road trip, and Kootie got splattered with shit.  IIRC, Hunter and Garrison were the likely culprits of that event.  Garrison in particular has seemed to have little to no respect for his asshat father.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

But I do wonder what the boys in the National Guard are doing.  Serving in the National Guard is not a full time job except in some high ranking positions.  These are Weekend Warrior stints so are they in school or working at real jobs somewhere?  Whatever it is, they are certainly laying low.

There was a moment on the show where Hunter was brotherly teasing Garrison about how he needed to go to school first, then the military so that he would enter the military at a higher level.  Garrison enlisted as soon as he was able and left for boot camp.  While little has been mentioned about him (past the home visit that Meri was in her house and "had no idea Garrison came home to visit" and so she missed him) on the show he is most likely in school now.  Paedon was mentioned I think in social media about moving close to Mykelti at the time of the Great LV Exodus to Arizona and then he also joined the National Guard (I think).  So he is most likely following Garrison's path with school.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I remember seeing the picture earlier.  The National Guard is not a branch of the military so I do hope that they are going to get some schooling under their belts if they decide to pursue a military career.  They will go in as officers with a college degree.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, deirdra said:

There appears to be a US ARMY label on Paedon's shirt, partially covered by shirleytemplecurls.  

Army National Guard displays that patch.  

From the ANG website:  The National Guard is a unique element of the U.S. military that serves both community and country. The Guard responds to domestic emergencies, overseas combat missions, counterdrug efforts, reconstruction missions and more. Any state governor or the President of the United States can call on the Guard in a moment’s notice. Guard Soldiers hold civilian jobs or attend college while maintaining their military training part time. Guard Soldiers’ primary area of operation is their home state.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

When did he get so tall? His beret is squared the fuck away (oops, that's Navy talk). He looks good, he looks real good. And happy. I hope he enlists, he's at the perfect age to write his own ticket. 

• Love 6

Just watching s10 and got to say, I’m loving that Christine has done a 180, on her ‘modest is hottest’ rule particularly towards her daughters. In the past I remember Christine saying in the TH (after Meri asked Mykelti ‘to go find another shirt, I don’t want to see that much of your body’) 

‘I have strict modestly standards I don’t want to see anything too tight, I don’t want to see anything too short, there’s a space in the middle I want covered always’ 

I liked that they have seemingly given up trying to enforce those (hypocritical) standards on their children and Christine stood up for Ysabel’s choice here, against Kody’s disapproval. 

Maybe it’s the Vegas heat, or moving away from their congregation, or having gone through parenting multiple teenage girls already and learning to fight your battles, or they realised the hypocrisy of fact all the wives wear too tight clothing, or maybe it was Kody’s standard, that she felt obliged to advocate for to get his approval and now she’s confident in her position to go against him. 

Anyway whatever it is, I like the fact they’ve stopped flogging that dead horse.

72A65EA1-99CB-4200-9DEA-6EB2DD7DF6A6.jpeg

• Love 5