Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, lettsjetts said:

Aspyn's boyfriend moved from Utah to Las Vegas to be with her.  They may already be engaged.

He's definitely got a "patriarch" look; was Aspyn one of the "no polygamy EVER" group?  Because I can see this guy with a passle of wives.

Or maybe he's more of an Amish patriarch.  The chin/neck beard throws me off.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I'm *dying* to know what took them all the way from Vegas to my neck of the woods for New Year's.  I wonder if it'll ever be mentioned on the show.  

His facebook says he is from Seattle but went to school in Utah.  Pretty sure he proposed on New Years.  Aspyn is such a gorgeous young woman inside and out!  

Edited by lettsjetts
  • Love 1
On 1/7/2018 at 8:15 PM, lettsjetts said:

Aspyn's boyfriend moved from Utah to Las Vegas to be with her.  They may already be engaged.

Ooh, El Gaucho! No doubt they had a wonderful time and a delicious meal. Excellent choice for a special night out. 

I wish them them the best!

• Love 2

I'm going to give Aspyn's boyfriend the benefit of doubt and say that maybe he's going for the lumbersexual look?  Just until he opens his mouth and starts yapping crap.

What about the other kids?  We don't see them on tv anymore.  Hunter, Paedon, Garrison, Gabriel, Yasabel, and Savanah are never interviewed anymore.  And even in BIG family gatherings has anyone gotten a glimpse of Dayton, Aurora and Breanna?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

I'm going to give Aspyn's boyfriend the benefit of doubt and say that maybe he's going for the lumbersexual look?  Just until he opens his mouth and starts yapping crap.

What about the other kids?  We don't see them on tv anymore.  Hunter, Paedon, Garrison, Gabriel, Yasabel, and Savanah are never interviewed anymore.  And even in BIG family gatherings has anyone gotten a glimpse of Dayton, Aurora and Breanna?

No!  Isn't that weird???

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, greekmom said:

And even in BIG family gatherings has anyone gotten a glimpse of Dayton, Aurora and Breanna?

I was just thinking last night we haven't had any words of wisdom from the delightful Dayton yet, then realized I can't even remember if we have seen the Robynettes (other than the one strapped onto Kody's chest). Wonder if they were off with Preston?

6 hours ago, greekmom said:

I caught sight of Aurora and Dayton in family scenes, and I thought I noticed Paedon helping to clean up in the kitchen after the dinner with Tony's family. What a good kid!

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 2

Good for Aspyn. Doing a lot better than Mykelti.

I have indeed spotted all of the non-adult daughters, but they do seem to have been relegated to the background. No idea what happened to Dayton or Gabe. 

Hopefully there will be an episode about the newest batch of teenagers. Gabe, Gwendlyn, Aurora, Ysabel, Breanna and Savannah. 

On 1/15/2018 at 3:23 PM, greekmom said:

HA!  Since he has not spoken on the show I will reserve judgement.  I WILL say he looks clean, dresses appropriately, and doesn't look like he smells of head grease and hot dogs.  

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

HA!  Since he has not spoken on the show I will reserve judgement.  I WILL say he looks clean, dresses appropriately, and doesn't look like he smells of head grease and hot dogs.  

You forgot B.O. and striped underwear.

• Love 6
On 1/15/2018 at 6:23 PM, greekmom said:

I have noticed that the kids seem to only be backdrops with quick shots in group scenes.  It makes me wonder if at some point the children might have been given a choice to be filmed or not. Everything seems to be concentrating on the older adult children and little to nothing on the middle teens or even the little ones past the occasional sighting of Solomon and Truely on the couch together. Robyns kids seemed to be the first ones to just drop out.  I forget if it's been one season or two when her front and center, answer every question, speak with the full authority and voice of the family attitude seemed to come to a stop.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I have noticed that the kids seem to only be backdrops with quick shots in group scenes.  It makes me wonder if at some point the children might have been given a choice to be filmed or not. Everything seems to be concentrating on the older adult children and little to nothing on the middle teens or even the little ones past the occasional sighting of Solomon and Truely on the couch together. Robyns kids seemed to be the first ones to just drop out.  I forget if it's been one season or two when her front and center, answer every question, speak with the full authority and voice of the family attitude seemed to come to a stop.

I was thinking it's just where TLC is focusing.  Like how they only focus on the Duggar kids who are courting or getting married.  Unless it's at a wedding or something similar, you never see the younger Duggar children.  I think TLC just shifted to young adults and has forgotten that people have invested years in the lives of the younger kids.

9 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

*I have nothing against beards per se, but the angle and cut of his creeps me out

Looks rather Amish to me.  But I share your concern.  Mykelti's decline into the Sheep Wife persona has me nervous for the rest of them, even those who declared "no polygamy".

• Love 4
10 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Between his beard and being a part of the AUB, I'm really nervous about this union.....

*I have nothing against beards per se, but the angle and cut of his creeps me out

It's a rule in the Brown Religion and therefore for any of the guys the Brown girls might marry.  "Thou MUST have odd, sparse, unattractive facial hair if thou cannest not grow a decent beard.  Facial hair is a MUST.   Preferably don't have a mustache and instead sport the more Leprechauny look!"   Look at Kody, FT, Aspyn's boyfriend and Caleb for proof.   Luckily Logan is bucking the system, lol.   If he inherited his father's genes, he won't be able to grow a decent beard anyway.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

It's a rule in the Brown Religion and therefore for any of the guys the Brown girls might marry.  "Thou MUST have odd, sparse, unattractive facial hair if thou cannest not grow a decent beard.  Facial hair is a MUST.   Preferably don't have a mustache and instead sport the more Leprechauny look!"   Look at Kody, FT, Aspyn's boyfriend and Caleb for proof.   Luckily Logan is bucking the system, lol.   If he inherited his father's genes, he won't be able to grow a decent beard anyway.

I like the leprechaun look! 

In all seriousness, I think he's a cutie - maybe trim the beard down a bit on the sides, but that's just personal preference.

Full disclosure, my husband's a big man with a full beard and mustache, so I am partial to the type. ;)

• Love 3
Just now, Gothish520 said:

I like the leprechaun look! 

In all seriousness, I think he's a cutie - maybe trim the beard down a bit on the sides, but that's just personal preference.

Full disclosure, my husband's a big man with a full beard and mustache, so I am partial to the type. ;)

I LOVE facial hair - but I'm not into the "Amish/Leprechaun" beard without a mustache, lol.   But you are right - it's all personal preference.  I have to say though - I hate the tuffs on Kody's chin.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

I LOVE facial hair - but I'm not into the "Amish/Leprechaun" beard without a mustache, lol.   But you are right - it's all personal preference.  I have to say though - I hate the tuffs on Kody's chin.

LOL, yeah I do prefer the beard/mustache combo over just a beard. It looks like Aspyn's fiance has a bit of a mustache though - maybe that's all he can grow, or maybe he just started letting it grow in?

And I have to admit that I like the scruff - the only time I really have an issue with facial hair is when it is too groomed - don't like that carved metrosexual look.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

LOL, yeah I do prefer the beard/mustache combo over just a beard. It looks like Aspyn's fiance has a bit of a mustache though - maybe that's all he can grow, or maybe he just started letting it grow in?

And I have to admit that I like the scruff - the only time I really have an issue with facial hair is when it is too groomed - don't like that carved metrosexual look.

When you say the metrosexual look, the first person I think of is Seneca Crane from the Hunger Games!!  lol

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Brutus Buckeye said:

The mustache is by far the most irritating part of having a beard.

Without it, the annual winter beard becomes much more tolerable. 

Why is the mustache so irritating?  Ex-husband (great friend now) and three grown sons and a son-in-law and not one of them has ever said that.  But knowing there is a reason for no mustache makes sense - although the bottom line is that people wear what THEY like - not what I like!  LOL  (Which is how it should be!)

11 minutes ago, Starsandbucks said:

I haven't watched Seeking Sister Wife but Instagram Discovery knows my terrible taste in TV all too well. Apparently, Aspyn's fiance is the brother to a woman who is on Seeking Sister Wife?

ssw.thumb.jpg.5166e8e112a5d702680cd167b0a28597.jpg

Well this is interesting!

I wasn't going to watch Seeking Sister Wife but I decided to give it a try and watched the first episode. I plan on continuing, but this adds a bit of a twist now, doesn't it?

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Starsandbucks said:

Apparently, Aspyn's fiance is the brother to a woman who is on Seeking Sister Wife?

Ruh-roh.  Anybody seeing red flags for Aspyn on the polygamy front?  I see she didn't answer the question.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

It's Hunter's 21st birthday!  https://twitter.com/JanelleBrown117/status/961642015510482944

Usually I don't pick up on instances of the Brown tradition of dirty feet, but it's a little hard to miss here.

She picked a really dour photo of him there.  I guess she thought "oh cute, there he is holding his nephew" but he just looks bored and a bit surly.  I hope SOMEONE took him out for a beer today.  

ETA - he also looks rather sad.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 5