Type keyword(s) to search

The Brown Kids

• Start Topic

I must preface this comment by expressing that I , in no way, think that Kody is a pedophile, but that Aurora is so damned needy.  Now, I am a "Daddy's Girl," and have a great relationship with my father, but it seemed so strangely inappropriate to see Aurora go up and plant herself on Kody's lap.  First of all, it's not as though this is a child that Kody has raised for years and years.  He has more interaction with her than I've seen with his other children--besides Solomon, and it's because she seems so needy that she's constantly insinuating herself into conversations and sidling herself up to people, namely, Kody.  She was also seated directly next to the "anthropologist" in one scene. She needs a LOT of attention.

Is it posssible that Aurora was abused by Robyn's ex? That could be the abuse she's ashamed to admit since people will say " Where were you all tha ttime?"

Edited by youcantbeserious
  • Love 1

That depends on a lot of things, so until the Browns want to talk about that there won't be any way of us knowing about Robyn's children and their bond to Kody. The short answer is that children born to parents that are sealed in the Temple are automatically sealed to their parents. I assume that Robyn and David were sealed in the Temple, thus those children were sealed to him and would be on his planet. A legal divorce does not automatically mean an unsealing. Even if Robyn and David were unsealed (which I assume they were for Robyn to be sealed to Kody), the unsealing of the kids to David is a completely separate ceremony. Given that Robyn drives the kids to see David, I doubt that the kids were unsealed to him, which means that they can't be sealed to Kody. So, my guess is that the kids will be on David's planet, not Kody's. But again, that's all speculation in regards to what Robyn and David have decided.

Thank you, WimminWinning. That may very well be the reason why Kody & Robyn want babies & another one so soon, so some of Robyn's can  share his planet.

What I'm also thinking is that Robyn's ex's abuse may be one of neglect. So since it wasn't violence, she has no problem bringing them to see him. They're getting old enough to ask to see him.

I must preface this comment by expressing that I , in no way, think that Kody is a pedophile, but that Aurora is so damned needy.  Now, I am a "Daddy's Girl," and have a great relationship with my father, but it seemed so strangely inappropriate to see Aurora go up and plant herself on Kody's lap.  First of all, it's not as though this is a child that Kody has raised for years and years.  He has more interaction with her than I've seen with his other children--besides Solomon, and it's because she seems so needy that she's constantly insinuating herself into conversations and sidling herself up to people, namely, Kody.  She was also seated directly next to the "anthropologist" in one scene. She needs a LOT of attention.

This appears to back up what I posted about Robyn's ex's abuse was neglect. Aurora seems so desperate for attention and/or affection.

Edited by youcantbeserious

The United States Air Force Academy PREPATORY School.

If the student is not accepted into the actual Air Force Academy, they can complete the prep school and receive letters of recommendation to help them get into the Air Force Academy. He's technically an Airman (enlisted) in the Air Force Reserve while in the educational program as a cadet but receives like 30% of O-1 pay and is lucky enough to go through an abbreviated "boot camp" (only 18 days). I'm a veteran so I'm interested to see if Hunter actually progresses to the Academy. I'm also curious about what was the barrier for him to go straight into Academy. You get into the Prep school by applying for Academy but failing to make it through the admissions process yet still have potential.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

The United States Air Force Academy PREPATORY School.

If the student is not accepted into the actual Air Force Academy, they can complete the prep school and receive letters of recommendation to help them get into the Air Force Academy. He's technically an Airman (enlisted) in the Air Force Reserve while in the educational program as a cadet but receives like 30% of O-1 pay and is lucky enough to go through an abbreviated "boot camp" (only 18 days). I'm a veteran so I'm interested to see if Hunter actually progresses to the Academy. I'm also curious about what was the barrier for him to go straight into Academy. You get into the Prep school by applying for Academy but failing to make it through the admissions process yet still have potential.

I'm very familiar w/ the service academies prep schools.  Many times the prep school is used as a way to red shirt the varsity athletes.   I have a son that is actively researching this route (he'll be red shirted any where he goes).   Anyway Hunter was a football player and a 2x state champion in wrestling.   This could be USAFA way of preparing him for collegiate wrestling or football.   Nevertheless I know several admirals and generals that started off at the prep schools, in fact most would recommend the route as an introduction into the military way of life.   Its a very structured environment, and not suited to everyone. 

• Useful 1

I don't think anyone here (definitely not me) is knocking Hunter or calling him a liar. He seems like a really good kid, intelligent, hard worker, all qualities that are pretty impressive considering he's come from a family of lazy grifters. It's great to have lofty ambitions, but he's actually taking the steps to achieve his. He's definitely in the Air Force PREPARATORY, and I'm glad he's taking it seriously while separating himself a little more from his insane family. If an Air Force career is his goal, I hope he achieves it. 

• Love 4

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. I've seen / heard it both ways, so just wasn't sure. I know a little about the idea of the Academy prep schools and had a friend attend the one at West Point, before being granted full admission. It will be interesting to see what Hunter does next year!

Hunter added **United States Air Force Academy Commit** to his Twitter profile.  So I guess he made it through the prep academy and will enter the actual Air Force Academy soon.  Being Navy myself, I'm not impressed.  ;p  Just kidding.

• Love 3

Janelle doesn't use names in her posts about the kids, strange. But WTG , Paedon !

The Big Friendly Giant has graduated!  You know, as oafish as the Brown parents are I still find it amazing that they produced so many seemingly well-adjusted children whom I admire.  I'm assuming that "Advanced" refers to Advanced Placement or some other kind of scholastic accomplishment.  I hope Paedon can follow in his brothers' footsteps and work hard and find success in his chosen field.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Looks like Logan is hitting the supplements. 

You don't look like that with supplements alone. Even steroids don't magically create muscle definition.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

They're pants he must have purchased before he gained all the muscle mass.  He looks like he is about to bust out of them.  Buy new jeans, dude.

This!  He looks like he's emulating his bonus-mom, Meri.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

This!  He looks like he's emulating his bonus-mom, Meri.

48 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

They're pants he must have purchased before he gained all the muscle mass.  He looks like he is about to bust out of them.  Buy new jeans, dude.

I don't know. They look fine. They look like my jeans looked when I was squatting 400 pounds and leg-pressing 1200 pounds. They fit fine when you're standing/walking, and they're a little tight when you're seated. Unless you can buy custom tailored clothing, that's about how it's going to look.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, MrSmith said:

I don't know. They look fine. They look like my jeans looked when I was squatting 400 pounds and leg-pressing 1200 pounds. They fit fine when you're standing/walking, and they're a little tight when you're seated. Unless you can buy custom tailored clothing, that's about how it's going to look.

I concur as I have the same issue with jeans since I weight train and have big legs to begin with. You can see his quads are super defined. 

I also hang out with a lot of bodybuilder dudes and they tend to wear sweat pants or shorts with drawstrings. The issue is their waist size is smaller than the way guys jeans are made so often they have to have them tailored and who wants to bother with that?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I just spent a week in Los Angeles and couldn't figure out what was wrong with his jeans.  I saw a LOT of similar fit. 

It is a popular look.  So are torn jeans for some reason.  

I suppose they are better than the sagging jeans guys wore a few years ago.  Plumbing crack, tops of underwear...ick.

One thing I do know...the skinny jean style will fade.  I look forward to the next trend.  LOL.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

So are torn jeans for some reason.  

We walk at the mall (before they open) several days a week.  Sometimes when we walk past the "in" stores, they'll have those torn jeans in the window.  It looks like they've moved a Goodwill store into the mall.  When I see people wearing them on the street, my snarky self wants to walk up to them and say, "Oh, did you lose your job?  Are you not able to buy pants without holes in them?"  I'd never do it, but it does make for fun in my mind.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Are you not able to buy pants without holes in them?

And those suckers cost a fortune.  They really should check out a second hand store and pick them up for peanuts.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

When I see jeans with holes I wonder why the person wants to look poor.  I don't consider it a style.

Remember  bell bottoms and hip huggers?

I certainly do, I wore them in high school into my 20's.

Nope, any holes my jeans acquired were earned from use.  I didn't buy them :)

• Love 2
18 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We walk at the mall (before they open) several days a week.  Sometimes when we walk past the "in" stores, they'll have those torn jeans in the window.  It looks like they've moved a Goodwill store into the mall.  When I see people wearing them on the street, my snarky self wants to walk up to them and say, "Oh, did you lose your job?  Are you not able to buy pants without holes in them?"  I'd never do it, but it does make for fun in my mind.

I can't understand the attraction of buying jeans with holes in them. I see it and - every time - I think "WTF?" The worst part, for me, is they actually charge more because they have holes in them! So people are spending more money for clothing that has an even shorter lifespan. I'll never be able to wrap my head around it. Ever.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

The worst part, for me, is they actually charge more because they have holes in them! So people are spending more money for clothing that has an even shorter lifespan.

Apparently LLR is adopting this philosophy with their holey leggings.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Apparently LLR is adopting this philosophy with their holey leggings.

Yes!  That must be their marketing strategy.  Hideous prints that are instantly full of holes.

A fool and her/his money are soon parted...

• Love 1
On 6/20/2017 at 10:22 AM, Kohola3 said:

And those suckers cost a fortune.  They really should check out a second hand store and pick them up for peanuts.

Have you seen the ones with fake mud on them?  FFS.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Jellybeans said:

Yes and they sold out. Pathetic.

Maybe I should start selling my unwashed gardening clothes on eBay.  I wonder if grass stains are as popular as mud.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/2/2017 at 11:15 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

If I saw someone wearing those jeans, I would think they had puked on themself. 

It looks exactly like that.   I didn't know 'drunk tank' was a look.

• Love 4

They all began gaining once they moved to Vegas. I'm willing to bet they all had a much more active/outdoor lifestyle in Utah. Vegas is hot from end of April through October with convenience food EVERYWHERE. 

Those 2 variables alone are likely part of their weight gain. 

Edit--sorry, I forgot to include a quote regarding how they've all gained a lot of weight. It's not as easy doing this on an iPhone 

Edited by TurtlePower
Clarification
  • Love 3

Well, gear up for another couple of seasons (run up to the wedding then the wedding itself). Logan is a "fan favorite" so the family will milk this for all it's worth. Unless Logan and Michelle put their collective feet down and don't play. My respect for them will skyrocket and I will continue to laugh my ass off at the grifter family.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

Well, gear up for another couple of seasons (run up to the wedding then the wedding itself). Logan is a "fan favorite" so the family will milk this for all it's worth. Unless Logan and Michelle put their collective feet down and don't play. My respect for them will skyrocket and I will continue to laugh my ass off at the grifter family.

I get the vibe that Michelle is not comfortable being on camera. She and Logan are the only adult kids that don't practically turn summersaults for some air time. I also have a fuzzy memory that she may have said something about them not being filmed on Twitter a while back. Something to the effect of her and Logan wanting a normal college experience or something. I also remember Kody saying something about Logan not being around after he left for college. I do sincerely hope they tell Kody and the Kamera Krew to shove it. 

• Love 4