Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16 Lashanta's Story

• Start Topic

The MVP of this episode was Cousin Larry. Cousin Larry didn't even need a towel on his head to pilot the Van of Un-Disappointment. That's a special kind of dedication. The van itself gets special mention.

Edited by Ralphster

Lola's dumbassery is really on fire with this one! "Shame just weighs us down and leads us to make poor decisions because it lowers our self-worth. You don't have anything to be ashamed of." O RLY?? Lashanta's whole life is an exercise in shameful decisions, shameful parenting, shameful self-abuse, shameful criminal activity. She should be ashamed. People who have done horrible things and who are just horrible people in general should be ashamed. Shame helps whatever moral center might be present zero in on actions that are wrong and should not be repeated. Lola is incredibly stupid and statements like this are a prime example of how and why she is laughable and pathetic as a therapist. Her telling Brandon that he shouldn't judge his father for cheating on his mother and destroying the family unit was enraging and just plain wrong. Every session they show, she says ridiculous crap that no good therapist would ever say to a client. Then she wraps up the client's emotional revelations with "Have a good day." What?! They're likely to feel numb, upset, topsy-turvy, and all sorts of destabilizing emotions throughout the rest of the day and the rest of the week. "Have a good day" in that sugary baby voice, with no warnings about how patients are likely to feel in the coming hours and days, is dishonest at best; it comes across to me as irresponsible. She should be preparing patients for how they're going to feel after the session, because it can be overwhelming and come from nowhere if you're new to therapy, which most of the contestants are. And she knows this. I am so done with this idiot.

ETA: And I know that victims of abuse feel shame which does weigh them down and destroy their self-worth. But Lashanta is a criminal, a terrible parent, a self-destructive drain on everything around her. She should feel shame because the things she has done and continues to do are shameful. She is not in the same boat as someone who is carrying around shame from sexual abuse.

Edited by Ralphster
  • Love 3
On 8/23/2020 at 11:24 AM, Ralphster said:

Lashanta's whole life is an exercise in shameful decisions, shameful parenting, shameful self-abuse, shameful criminal activity. She should be ashamed. People who have done horrible things and who are just horrible people in general should be ashamed.

Preach it, Brother Ralphster!!!!

• Love 1

I watched most of the rerun of Lashanta, and I saw where she was approved for surgery if she kept losing weight.   But she was still not mobile, and that was the only time outside of the hospital she kept weight off.    Then the show ended.   

Why do I suspect that she never had surgery, and we will never hear about her again?  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I watched the first half of this classic before going to work today. It's got to be one of the most quotable episodes in recent memory.

Some of my favorites:

"No mother want no big-ass daughter."

"I got my coop-on!"

"I eat enough for three people. Plus bread."

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Tonight, a WATN episode featuring her will air at 8/7c. This won't be a trainwreck, just a car wreck apparently. 

Holly has come a long way in her weight loss journey, but now she's trying to balance a wedding and skin surgery. Lashanta struggles to lose any weight at all. When a car drives through a wall in her living room, her weight loss is curtailed even more.

Edited by Aaron4102
  • Like 1

I just saw Lashanta try to get up for her appointment with Dr. Now, and fail miserably.    A pro soccer player would be proud of her flopping performance.   Amazing coincidence that she immediately grabs her phone and cancels with Dr. Now's office. 

How bizarre that a car came through the wall of her apartment.  At least no one was injured.  So, Lashanta calls 911 to get paramedics to move her to the other apartment.   I may forgive her theatrics for getting to see hunky firemen.  I like how the paramedic explains it to her, that 911 isn't a taxi and moving service. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, OoogleEyes said:

I think that those eyelashes add *at least* 20 pounds 

I had the same thought - if she scraped off the makeup and lashes, she would drop at least ten pounds. 

How bizarre that a car came through the wall of her apartment.  At least no one was injured.  So, Lashanta calls 911 to get paramedics to move her to the other apartment.   I may forgive her theatrics for seeing hunky firemen.  I like how the paramedic explains it to her, that 911 isn't a taxi and moving service. 

I think maybe the driver was trying to park the car in front of the house and accelerated instead of stopping. Maybe drunk or drug impaired? 

I wondered if the firemen had been there a bunch of times and were tired of it. We have seen firemen/EMTs come to move Dr. Now's patients before - to get them into cars to move, to get to appointment, etc. I agree that lift assists for bariatric patients aren't emergencies but it's not uncommon (at least on this show) for them to be called.

• Like 4

I do have sympathy for all poundticipants, but Lashanta is hard to feel anything for. Bossing her kids around, begging Dr. Now for a 10th chance, the makeup and that baby voice- she's exhausting. What a waste of a life and medical resources. 

Hahaha. Lashanta escaped death because she was going to move her bed and the car through the wall would have hit her. Honey, you were never going to move that bed.

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 3