Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: It's Kind of a Phone-y Story

• Start Topic

On 4/22/2019 at 3:55 PM, film noire said:

You don't have to care -- I was just commenting on your point (that information about Dennis and Frankel is coming only from unreliable sources, when it's also coming from Frankel herself)  and nothing else. 

I don't think it's semantics to Bethenny, since she went out of her way to create a timeline/lead people to think she was dating a "legally married separated man" (which Jill Shields denied).  Why not say (from jump) "We started dating in 2015" instead of  bumping it to the next calendar year? (rhetorical question ; )

Back to the episode -- Luann is trying to do damage control in her Bravo blog regarding her pettiness about sleeping with the fishes:

"The journey I’m on isn’t easy, and sometimes it’s the little things — like having to stay in the fish room year after year — that can set me off. (The horrorI the horror!) Dorinda ended up giving Barb the fish room which is only fair since she showed up last. (Barb, who I am pretending to embrace but secretly find rough-voiced and terrifying, like the captain in "Jaws"  - I look at Barb and hear "The sea was angry that day, my friends") I guess I’m not the only shark-phobic guest.  (Luann: terrified of a stuffed shark but not of hitting a cop). If this were my first time staying in Dorinda’s house, I would have taken the room and kept quiet like I did in years past." (Says the woman who expected the best room only because she was recently married)

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-11/blogs/luann-de-lesseps/luann-de-lesseps-experiencing

That comment was GOLD !  “Luann was terrified of a stuffed shark”  but wasn’t terrified of threatening and assaulting a cop and possible prison.  The best comment ever.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Gam2 said:

That home visit by the therapist was totally a TV opportunity. If she was serious about getting help, she’d do it on her time and off camera. 

It's possible she does both. 

7 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I'm with you on that.  I mean, if it were a cat and dog stuffed and having on the wall, most people would be like oh fuck no I'm not staying there. If you are going to do something outrageous like that to a room you will have guests, don't be surprised there will be some guests that are freaked out.  That said, a simple polite, "Dorinda, I hope you don't mind but taxidermy makes me a little uncomfortable.  Can I sleep somewhere else?"

But I'm not sure that was the problem any of them were having. I got the impression they felt it was tacky and beneath them, somehow. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Reality police said:

Isn't she from Connecticut? Maybe hometown crowd?

Yes, you are right .. probably the whole state. Lol.  I was thinking about going, but the ticket, plus a hotel room, just for about 50 minutes?  No thanks.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I think it's a play on Tinsley's reaction and lame explanation for not wanting to call Scott, hence why it was phoney. Or at least, that's the best explanation I got, lol.

There's a movie from a few years ago called It's Kind of a Funny Story.  I assumed the episode title was playing on that, even though the movie is kind of an obscure choice for Real Housewives.  Although it is about people in a psych ward, so it would be kind of fitting choice.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Steph J said:

There's a movie from a few years ago called It's Kind of a Funny Story.  I ass

Which was based on a book and the reason he called it that was because it’s a fairly common phrase for people to start telling a story in conversation.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I heard she sold out at Foxwoods, Conn.  It was a pretty big venue.  Maybe a lot of people from New York went being it was close.

She hasn’t sold out in Atlanta- I monitor the sales every couple of days (and my husband thinks it’s time for me to get some paid work....).  

• LOL 8

Remember when there was a mystique around rich people?

Or was that just us poor kids growing up who thought rich folks were smarter (because they had access) and classier. Whew fooled me.

Someone should tell Andy Cohen these women are way too old and nasty to enjoy watching anymore. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Someone should tell Andy Cohen these women are way too old and nasty to enjoy watching anymore. 

Well, it won’t be me. I love these crazy broads... most of them, anyway.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Remember when there was a mystique around rich people?

Or was that just us poor kids growing up who thought rich folks were smarter (because they had access) and classier. Whew fooled me.

Their age is not a problem for me.  It's about the only thing about them that is relatable.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I finally got to watching this episode.  My good lort, B in her kitchen with her maid about the play date and then on about Dennis??  🤮.   She is a shit mom and I stand by that.  Her comment about “no, no play dates.  I want a (arranged by my staff) movie night.  Regimented and scheduled.  SO SO FUN!!! I think the maid even said Uber?  IDK.  Either way, she is a dick.  She’s more into her flava of the day / week than her kid.  

And no, I’m not jealous of her.  I am as pretty and skinny as her (not unhealthily), I have no enhancements and feel that I look more put together than she does.  I don’t have a Gucci wardrobe, a driver or million $$ properties, I’m not addicted to adderall and I don’t hate my parents...but I’m good with the lord and with ME! 😉

Edited by geauxaway
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
On 4/18/2019 at 12:19 PM, sasha206 said:

'm in the camp of what's so awful about Barbara?  I think people are just turned off by her looks as that's pretty much all I read here on this board and others.  Do you only deserve an apple if you don't look butch?  

Does Barbara even look butch though? She has a pretty face, curvy body, long hair, wears makeup, lots of wrap dresses. She looks quite feminine to me. 

• Like 1