Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: Lost Canary

Lady Calypso
  • Start Topic

I want to know how Laurel just skips from E2 to E1 in the future. Is there a shuttle she can take?

I can understand Dinah starting the Canary Network to honour Laurel and to remind herself to trust others if Laurel had died. But Laurel didn't die, she just went back to E2 so it doesn't make sense that Dinah was so regretful of not trust Laurel then that she founded a whole Canary network keep the thought alive.

23 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Was her sister for sure Sara? I don't recall her ever mentioning, which I thought was weird considering Sara was in this ep.

This

9 hours ago, tv echo said:

From 718...

Felicity (to Dinah): "In my defense, if anyone's gonna get through to Laurel, it's her sister - well, not her real sister, but the face of her sister - you know what I mean."

gave me the impression that E2 Laurel had an E2 Sara. Which raises all sorts of questions such as if E1 Laurel was the good girl and Sara was the wild child, was E2 Sara the good girl i response to the Black Siren?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I want to know how Laurel just skips from E2 to E1 in the future. Is there a shuttle she can take?

They probably used Cisco's tech on Flash and just cut out the conversation about it.

Dinah says that she fixed it so that the everyone believes that Siren was working undercover to bring down the other bad guys in this episode and this, presumably, makes them love her again.  A couple things: 1) does this include the previous episode's reveal that Siren was working for Diaz (including pictures), and 2) how are they going to explain Siren's abrupt departure from Star City now that she's been "proven innocent"?  I know the people of Star City are apparently willing to believe whatever they're told when it comes to vigilantes not named Oliver but come on.  From their perspective their beloved DA was outed as working with master criminal Diaz, accused of murder, went on the run, was revealed to have been secretly helping their beloved police captain to take down a bunch of bad guys and therefore isn't one herself, and then vanishes rather than return to being DA.  I don't remember a line about what they're going to tell the public, and maybe they'll do it next episode, but that whole sequence of events seems super sketchy.  Siren is "proven innocent" in a way that makes her seem even more dedicated to her job yet she not only doesn't return to her caseload but doesn't return period.  If anything, it screams of being the coverup that it is.  I don't expect this to be a thing since going half-assed is how they always approached Laurel's stories so of course her doppelganger will get the same treatment but it's more glaring than usual.  

• Love 3

This was actually a really good episode. I mean, not an episode of Arrow unfortunately but then Arrow hasn't been Arrow for a while now. I nearly turned it off in the first scene because this was clearly going to be a Laurel episode and damn she's boring. But I actually found this thematically on point and tightly written (mostly - the final scene was clunky as hell). 

I particularly liked Felicity's role in this - and obviously Cathy Loitz is always awesome.

I liked that the plot should have been insufferable because Laurel is the worst but somehow wasn't because of the way in which they were honest about all the things Laurel had done and framed it around Felicity's awesomeness instead.

Also, Laurel is now gone (yay!). 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

This

gave me the impression that E2 Laurel had an E2 Sara. Which raises all sorts of questions such as if E1 Laurel was the good girl and Sara was the wild child, was E2 Sara the good girl i response to the Black Siren?

Yeah, I totally missed that mention. It just seems so weird to me that for all the times she’s dropped tidbits about “her” version of people (Quentin, Felicity, Oliver), she never mentioned even having a sister until the end of this episode and even then didn’t mention it was Sara. Since she’s mentioned “her” version to other characters it seems kinda natural that she would’ve said something to Sara about what she was like on her earth.

Did I miss that too?

If not, I guess I can write it off because this is Arrow. Or...maybe that’s something they’re planning on exploring at a later date.

11 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

she never mentioned even having a sister until the end of this episode and even then didn’t mention it was Sara. Since she’s mentioned “her” version to other characters it seems kinda natural that she would’ve said something to Sara about what she was like on her earth.

Since this show regularly forgets Sara's existence, I just put it down to bad writing. The kind of bad writing that keeps framing Original Recipe Laurel as a flawless hero rather than a struggling drunk who regularly opted for self-righteousness in lieu of empathy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I love how everyone is like "BS is innocent of this crime she was set up!" when its really like "well guys, we found the ONE murder she didnt commit, congrats! Just ignore all the ones she actually did do, focus on this!"

• Love 4

"Please ignore all the innocent people she killed for funsies in season 6A! We certainly have!"

BS's "redemption" arc was an insult to the concept of redemption. At least Merlyn lost a hand and Slade was jailed for the bad things they did. Their partnerships with Oliver were strictly quid pro quo, and he never acted like they didn't do horrible things he personally witnessed. And of course they used Felicity to gaslight the audience into forgetting what BS did. Just like they used her to give LL's 3 episode evolution to BC the stamp of approval. Poor Felicity.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 8
On 4/16/2019 at 2:36 PM, tv echo said:

What I learned in this episode...

Present Day:

• Emiko framed E2 Laurel for the murder of gang member Gustavo Hernandez.
  • Kodiak, one of the Longbow Hunters, is the one who murdered Emiko's mother, and Oliver deduces that Kodiak was hired by Dante.
  • Oliver concludes that Dante has been "pulling the strings this entire time," that Dante orchestrated the murder of Emiko's mother and sent Emiko down the path that she's currently on, and that Dante has been manipulating Emiko.
  • Shadow Thief is still free (and it's hinted that she was working for the Ninth Circle).
  • Felicity modified E1 Laurel's sonic collar into a sonic cry wrist device, which was used by Sara in this episode. Then, at Sara's request, Felicity gives the sonic wrist device to Dinah.
  • E2 Laurel's sister on Earth-2 was pregnant at some point in the past.
  • E2 Laurel is cleared of murder and can resume her life as Star City D.A., but she decides to return to Earth-2. 
  • Felicity gives E1 Laurel's Black Canary suit to E2 Laurel to use on Earth-2, which maybe "needs a Black Canary." 

Star City 2040:

• I believe that the Galaxy One helmet is a mobile Archer unit that allowed the masked hunter to track down and murder Canaries in Star City.
  • There are 10 dead and 5 missing Canaries so far, decimating the Canary Network.
  • All of the Canary Network safe houses have been destroyed except for their main base.
  • Dinah started the Canary Network as a support system for women. Ever since she failed to have a friend's back once, she made a promise to herself never to make that mistake again. (I'm assuming she's referring to E2 Laurel.)
  • E2 Laurel's still alive in 2040 and has been superhero-ing it in the Black Canary suit. She's either part of or in touch with Dinah's Canary Network.

Questions: 

1. Is Emiko really the head of the Ninth Circle, or does she only believe that she's the head of the Ninth Circle (and she's unknowingly Dante's puppet)?
  2. If it only took one sonic blast to knock out Galaxy One's helmeted hunter, then why weren't all the Canaries outfitted with a sonic cry wrist device?
  3. Did E2 Laurel return to Earth-1 at some point, or did she just cross over in 2040 at Dinah's request?

Pardon me for quoting the entire post, but I have the same questions.

And apologies for dumping this all in this thread, because it’s taken me TWO MONTHS to be able to sit down and watch the last 8 episodes! I watched the first five last weekend, and the last three just now.

First, I know I should be shocked and appalled, and hate Duncan...Mac Dante, but I don’t. Because Adrian is just soooo 🥰❤️😍💗💕SCRUMPTIOUS💕💗😍❤️🥰 and doesn’t look like he’s aged in 26 years. I wonder if he really is Immortal? That voice? Those moves...that body...

Ahem.

But I knew Emiko was EVUHL! And her I can hate and 🙄🙄🙄 at all the whining over Robert abandoning her and her mom, when her mom was his side piece/mistress. Do the right thing? Well, he did, when he chose his Wife and children over his mistress. Gee, that’s a habit with him. Because he did the same when he was boinking sourpuss what’sherface from season two. If this show didn’t make the decision to end, I bet every season we’d hear about another mistress and half-sibling of Oliver until the fucking end. I just wonder how Robert was able to run Queen Industries while juggling boinking all these women and spending “quality time” with them.

Boo-Fucking-Hoo. If Emiko hates or is so bitter about Daddy, what’s she doing coming to his grave and talking to him as if she doesn’t have any issues with him? Don’t care.

And Dinah can just STFU with her hypocrisy and acting as if Black Siren was a friend or whatever. When did this show become the Dinah show? 😒😒😒

Good to see Sara again.

So, I guess show decided to retcon change what was ALREADY ESTABLISHED that it was MERLYN who sabotaged the Gambit, to whiny Emiko doing it because...PLOT! and they don’t think those that have watched from Day One would remember? What is this, General FAKAKTA Hospital🤬🤬🤬🤬

Shadow Thief? Really? Does Show think I wouldn’t catch that name being stolen from Justice League Unlimited?😒

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
52 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So, I guess show decided to retcon change what was ALREADY ESTABLISHED that it was MERLYN who sabotaged the Gambit, to whiny Emiko doing it because...PLOT! and they don’t think those that have watched from Day One would remember? What is this, General FAKAKTA Hospital🤬🤬🤬🤬

The retcon wasn't as bad as you think. (and you weren't alone in misunderstanding at first) Merlyn did have the Gambit sabotaged  as we knew before he just let the 9th Circle do the work for him.  At the end we get to see the invoice sent to Malcolm.  (Huge blueprint with the word INVOICE: Malcolm Merlyn)  So Malcolm ordered it but farmed out the particulars.  Emiko was told about it before he went on his trip and she chose to let him go down (and everyone else too)

And yes, the Dinah show has not been fun for a long time.  She's just there past and present.  TOO much!  Even Sara in season two didn't fare well when she was in the past and present so heavily.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

The retcon wasn't as bad as you think. (and you weren't alone in misunderstanding at first) Merlyn did have the Gambit sabotaged  as we knew before he just let the 9th Circle do the work for him.  At the end we get to see the invoice sent to Malcolm.  (Huge blueprint with the word INVOICE: Malcolm Merlyn)  So Malcolm ordered it but farmed out the particulars.  Emiko was told about it before he went on his trip and she chose to let him go down (and everyone else too)

And yes, the Dinah show has not been fun for a long time.  She's just there past and present.  TOO much!  Even Sara in season two didn't fare well when she was in the past and present so heavily.  

Thanks for that. This is what happens when I watch while I'm getting angrier and more pissed at what is happening to make these new people who I don't give a fuck about some connection to the core characters. Of course, my mind can't let go of the fact of where she got the idea to be a female arrow to Oliver's since NO ONE KNEW he was the Arrow during the time she was training, and plus Oliver was on the island. Unless I missed something and Dante had spies on the island and knew Oliver was there and decided to train Emiko with arrows as well? Because knives and swords seem to be his choice of weapons. Which just makes me giddy because I find it...meta/nod to Adrian's role as Duncan MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod/Highlander.

Oh, and I knew the Wild Dong wasn't sincere, either and that he's in Dale's pocket in the future.

How much longer is Oliver going to be the b plot in his own fucking show?! Everything about this was horrible, I can't remember hating any other episode more. Pure garbage. I haven't visited the site since all the changes and upgrades took forever and I hadn't heard about Emily leaving until I read it here. Can't say I blame her, the writing really has turned to dog shit. I just wish that knowing the final season was coming up and that it was going to be short, she would have stuck it out. Felicity is the one constant bright spot for me and considering the show about Green Arrow has decided it no longer wishes to feature the Green Arrow and will now also be Smoakless, I can't begin to fathom how I'll possibly be able to finish this series with any sense of joy or ease of commitment. I never thought I'd say it but the* show is done and I'll be glad to see it go. Catie Lotz and everything Sara was the only thing enjoyable about this episode; thank God for the Legends. 

Edited by Daltrey

The episode in which we thought - for a brief shining moment - that E2 Laurel was going to be gone for good...

718 (Lost Canary) – No Oliver Queen voiceover intro:
(The Canary bird symbol is used instead of the Arrowhead symbol in the opening title card.)

718 (Lost Canary) – Felicity tries unsuccessfully to contact E2 Laurel; and, after getting a lead from Felicity, Oliver leaves on a road trip with Diggle to try to find the killer of Emiko’s mother: 
Felicity (on phone): "Hey, Laurel, it's me again. I just had a craving for french fries, milk shakes, and really cold fruit. Are you in? Look. I know this is probably gonna get buried between the many, many, many, many messages I have already left you, but I'm just trying to make sure you're okay, so if you could call me back, please."
Oliver (entering): "Still trying to get in touch with Laurel?"
Felicity: "Yeah. It's taking an alarming 'swingers' amount of time. Not proud. And my go-to way of finding her would be Archer, but that is taking an annoyingly long time to get back online, so -"
Oliver: "She doesn't want to be found, Felicity. Her whole life has been flipped upside down. I know what that's like. Just..."
Felicity: "Speaking of, are you sure that you are okay now that you know that your sister's evil and tried to kill you? (Off Oliver's look) Too soon?"
Oliver: "I need to focus on finding her and the Ninth Circle and stopping whatever they have planned."
Felicity: "Well, lucky for you, your wife is incredibly resourceful. So I made a cheat sheet on your new lead. Emiko's bullet led me to Andrew Thornton's rifle, which led me to 12 different shell companies, which led me to the buyer."
Oliver: "And it's not weird that she hasn't found the buyer herself with the resources of the Ninth Circle at her disposal?"
Felicity: "Okay. Well, not to toot my own horn, but Emiko is more of the Karate Kid, Hilary Swank version, and I am more of the Mr. Robot version but prettier. Have you considered that Emiko probably made up the whole 'finding my mother's killer' thing?"
Oliver: "I know that she's lied about basically everything else, but I - I just have a sixth sense that she's not lying about this one, so if John and I can find the killer first, then we can leverage that against Emiko and the Ninth Circle, and stop whatever they have planned."
Felicity: "Well, I have a sense that a road trip with John is exactly what the doctor ordered. (Kisses him) Bring Rene with you for backup."
Oliver: "Rene - ahem - has a school thing with Zoe. Speaking of which, will you just - will you take it easy for me, please?"
Felicity: "Oh, who? Me? Um, you know what? I really wish I could, but I have a really intense Netflix binge that I have scheduled way back, and I also am going to eat everything in the fridge, so it's gonna get pretty crazy in here."
Oliver: "Precious cargo." (Gesturing to his stomach and then pointing at Felicity)
Felicity: "I know."
Archer (computerized voice): "Disarmed." 
(Oliver leaves.)

718 (Lost Canary) – Felicity and Dinah clash over how to deal with E2 Laurel, who has resumed her Black Siren persona (even though she’s still impersonating E1 Laurel): 
TV Announcer: "Former District Attorney Laurel Lance is facing allegations of murder following the death of Halcone gang member Gustavo Hernandez last week. The S.C.P.D. has issued a warrant for her arrest, sparking a city-wide manhunt. Anyone with information on her whereabouts..."
Felicity (entering): "A manhunt? Don't you think that's a little harsh?"
Dinah: "Laurel killed someone."
Felicity: "Allegedly."
Dinah: "Her DNA and fingerprints were found all over the scene."
Felicity: "Laurel is smart. You really think that she'd leave evidence behind if she really did kill the guy?"
Dinah: "She had a pretty strong motive. Hernandez's death was imperative in her winning her case."
Felicity: "She hasn't killed anyone since she's been the D.A. Why would she start now? You've seen how hard she's worked, how much she's changed."
Dinah: "Except she obviously hasn't. Look, I know she's your friend. And for a while, I actually thought the two of us were doing good work together, too, but the truth is, Laurel is Black Siren. She is a ruthless murderer, and we are all fooling ourselves thinking she is anything like the real Laurel Lance."
Felicity: "We should be helping her, not hunting her."
Dinah: "Laurel is a criminal, and we are going to bring her to justice. Something we should have done a long time ago."

718 (Lost Canary) – Felicity tells Dinah that Emiko framed E2 Laurel for the murder of Gustavo Hernandez: 
Dinah (entering): "Hey! Are you okay? Your message made it sound like the Bunker was on fire."
Felicity: "Laurel didn't kill Gustavo Hernandez. Emiko did."
Dinah: "What are you talking about?"
Felicity: "This is his toxicology report. There were traces of hydrogen cyanide found in his blood, which is the go-to poison of the Ninth Circle. The S.C.P.D. had no reason to trace it back to them. Emiko framed Laurel because Laurel told Oliver her secret. Boom."
Dinah: "Well, it still doesn't change anything."
Felicity: "Of course it does. Did you hear what I just said?"
Dinah: "Even if Laurel didn't kill Hernandez, she's back to being Black Siren. There was just a robbery at Pinky's Dry Cleaner."
Felicity: "What'd they steal? Bubbles?"
Dinah: "Pinky's is run by Walter Santorini. He's a money launderer for the mob. They took over 100 grand."
Felicity: "Whoa."
Dinah: "Yeah."
Felicity: "Maybe she needs the money because she's planning on leaving town again."
Dinah: "She also now has a partner."
Felicity: "Well, there has to be an explanation."
Dinah: "Santorini's actually part of a case Laurel and I had been working for the last few months, a case which is now nonexistent, thanks to this last little stunt."
Felicity: "So she's using her D.A. resources to identify targets. That's clever. (Off Dinah's look) Bad. Very bad. (Turns to computer) Okay. This is the database of all the cases currently being investigated by the District Attorney's office. Please hold... Yeah. Looks like Laurel's been accessing it through a series of rerouted IP addresses."
Dinah: "Does that mean we can track her?"
Felicity: "I mean, it means I could probably talk to her, and then I can convince her not to do this whole Black Siren backslide or whatever this is."
Dinah: "Well, even if you could, damage is already done." (Leaves)
Felicity: "It was a good chat. I really love our chats."

718 (Lost Canary) – Oliver calls Felicity a genius: 
Diggle: "Felicity tell you how she tracked the rifle to this apartment?"
Oliver: "Just call her a genius and leave it at that."

718 (Lost Canary) – Felicity contacts E2 Laurel through her laptop, but E2 Laurel rejects her efforts to stop being Black Siren: 
Felicity (on laptop screen): "Don't hang up, and I mean that. Literally. You will not be able to exit my window."
E2 Laurel: "You really can't take a hint, can you?"
Felicity: "Look. I know that Emiko killed Gustavo Hernandez."
E2 Laurel: "Ooh! Congratulations, Detective Felicity."
Felicity: "It's only a matter of time until Oliver stops her, so whatever bad and evil plan that you have brewing, it's not too late for you to not go over to the Dark Side."
E2 Laurel: "Oliver's sister did me a favor because I was really sick and tired of pretending to be somebody I'm not. Plus, no one believed it anyway."
Felicity: "I did. Look. What happened to you wasn't fair. You were accused of murder, you lost your job, Dinah didn't have your back. I get it. You got a bucket load of bad news, but you are not Black Siren, not anymore."
E2 Laurel: "It's funny. I used to believe that too."
Felicity: "Think of all the good you've done, Laurel. Think about honoring Quentin."
E2 Laurel: "Quentin is dead. Nobody cares about Quentin. He only wanted his daughter back."
Felicity: "That is not true. You're done a lot of good as the D.A., not to mention you were there for me when I needed a friend. I'm not willing to let you just throw that all away and forget about it."
E2 Laurel: "Look. I'm really sorry if you thought we had a real friendship, but it was all just an act, and don't you dare try and stop me."

718 (Lost Canary) – In a flashforward scene, we learn that Galaxy One’s masked killer has murdered many Canaries in the Canary Network: 
Older Felicity: "Stopping those bombs prompted Galaxy One to put their master plan in motion, expanding Archer's influence into Star City and making sure they take out any and all opposition."
Older Dinah: "Starting with the Canaries. How many have we lost?"
Older Felicity: "I'm waiting on a body count from Roy, William and Connor, but they've already confirmed 10 dead and five missing. It's not your fault."
Older Dinah: "But it's my responsibility."
(Adult Zoe and Mia enter.)
Older Felicity: "Oh, thank goodness you two are safe." (Hugs Mia, while Older Dinah hugs Adult Zoe)
Mia: "Yeah. Um, could have taken Creepy Mask Guy off the board, except someone got in my way."
Older Dinah: "Zoe made the right call. We've lost enough blood already as it is. And until we know what the hell is going on, we need to lay low."
Mia: "And do what? Nothing?"
Adult Zoe: "What we do is mourn our dead. Then we figure out a plan that won't cost us any more lives."
Older Felicity: "You're right. Galaxy One has us outmanned and outgunned. We need to find another way to even the odds."
Mia: "Galaxy One just decimated the entire Canary Network. You want to even the odds, you get out there and you fight the hell back. If you don't, we're all dead." (Leaves)

718 (Lost Canary) – Sara Lance, as the White Canary, makes a noticeable entrance to help Felicity and Dinah: 
Shadow Thief: "That's got to be 10 million dollars' worth of diamonds."
Dinah: "It's too bad it doesn't belong to you."
E2 Laurel: "And what? Are you gonna stop us?"
Dinah: "Don't do this, Laurel."
E2 Laurel: "Oh, I thought you'd be happy. You were right about me all along. Oh, and it's too bad that you don't have your cry anymore."
(An electronic sonic cry suddenly blasts out.)
Sara: "But I still have mine."
Felicity (on comms): "What an entrance. Oh, and feel free to tell Laurel's new friend that it's a bad idea to leave vault schematics just hanging around her lair."
Dinah: "What are you doing here?"
E2 Laurel: "Yeah. Same question. Aren't you supposed to be on your little spaceship or something?"
Sara: "I took a break to clean up your mess."
E2 Laurel: "What is this? Some kind of intervention."
Sara: "I know you're not my sister, but in another world or another life, you could've been. And my father believed in you."
E2 Laurel: "Well, he was wrong. But you're right about one thing. You're not my sister." (Throws a knife at Sara, who blocks it)
(Fight ensues between E2 Laurel and Sara, and Shadow Thief and Dinah. E2 Laurel uses her sonic cry.)
E2 Laurel: "Stay the hell away from me." (Leaves with Shadow Thief)

718 (Lost Canary) – Felicity and Dinah argue over E2 Laurel again: 
Felicity: "You didn't go back to the Bunker. We always go back to the Bunker."
Dinah: "I had work to do."
Felicity: "I know I should have told you about Sara."
Dinah: "It would have been nice. And what was that device?"
Felicity: "I modified O.G. Laurel's old collar. Same tech, new look."
Dinah: "It was impressive. Felicity, we are the only team sanctioned to work with S.C.P.D. Please remember it doesn't mean any vigilante gets a free pass."
Felicity: "In my defense, if anyone's gonna get through to Laurel, it's her sister - well, not her real sister, but the face of her sister - you know what I mean."
Dinah: "You cannot seriously think she's still capable of redemption after what we just saw."
Felicity: "That is harsh, especially coming from the person who wrongly accused her of murder."
Dinah: "So you're saying what Laurel's doing is my fault?"
Felicity: "Our fault. Maybe if we had been a better support system to her."
Dinah: "Laurel did not become Black Siren because we were bad friends, Felicity. That is a choice she made on her own. It is not some inevitable consequence of something we did. Everything that has happened since she has been fired is on her!"
Felicity: "I think you're being hard on her because you feel guilty."
Dinah: "And I think you need to drop the blinders."
Felicity (handing over her tablet): "This is Laurel's new gal pal - Aviva Metula, former Mossad agent turned master thief. She now goes by the name 'Shadow Thief.'"
Dinah: "Very on the nose."
Felicity: "She used to work with Diaz, which means she probably used to work with Laurel."
Dinah: "It looks like Shadow Thief has really leveled up her bad guy game since her Diaz days. There's no more petty heists."
Felicity: "It's only a matter of time before she gets Laurel mixed up in whatever she came to town for."
Dinah: "Then we better find them fast."
Felicity: "Okay."

718 (Lost Canary) – E2 Laurel describes Felicity as “chatty”: 
E2 Laurel: "Felicity must have figured out I was using the D.A. database to find our targets."
Shadow Thief: "Which one was Felicity?"
E2 Laurel: "The chatty one."

718 (Lost Canary) – Felicity and Sara talk about E2 Laurel: 
(Sara is doing the salmon ladder in the Arrow Bunker.)
Felicity: "Well, I'm having deja vu in the best way possible."
Sara: "Did Dinah read you the riot act?"
Felicity: "Nothing I can't handle."
Sara: "You've come a long way from the I.T. girl secretly crushing on Oliver Queen."
Felicity: "Apparently, it wasn't much of a secret. Everybody knew. Zero poker face. And I always wondered, you know, were you flirting with me all those times you said I was cute?"
Sara: "Why? Were you into it?"
Felicity: "Of course. It's you." 
(They hug.)
Felicity: "Oh, I missed you."
Sara: "I missed you, too."
Felicity: "Thank you for coming."
Sara: "Of course. I just wish it had gone better."
Felicity: "Look, Laurel will come around. All we have to do is get her away from her new BFF long enough to knock some sense into her. I mean, if that is you don't have to go back for any timey-wimey shenanigans."
Sara: "Well, every time I leave the ship, it basically means the inmates take over the asylum, but it's fine. I want to make sure that my real sister's name doesn't get dragged through the mud."
Felicity: "Um-hmm."
Sara: "And, by the way, why are you so concerned with saving this Laurel?"
Felicity: "I mean, she's more like our Laurel than you realize. She helped Oliver get out of prison the legal way, and she stopped me from killing Ricardo Diaz."
Sara: "Felicity Smoak is killing people now? I really have missed a lot."
Felicity: "The point is, is that I didn't kill anyone because Laurel pulled me back from the edge. That's what I want to do for her now, you know, send her out a lifeline."
Sara: "Even if there was a way back for Laurel, she has to want it. You can't force redemption on people."
Felicity: "Oh, that I know. Well, it's all theoretical anyway since I have no idea where Shadow Thief or Laurel are operating out of. (Her phone chimes) Hold that thought. Dinah just got a location on Shadow Thief's secret hideout. Turns out - of course, of course - it's at a shady warehouse in a shady part of town."
Sara: "Is that where Laurel's been holing up?"
Felciity: "That's what Dinah thinks. (Works the computer) Man, it is completely off the grid. (Phone chimes) Dinah wants me to go with her so she doesn't go in blind."
Sara: "So we don't go in blind."
Felicity: "Um, no. Mmm. This is more of a two-woman job. Dinah wants to keep it above board."
Sara: "No. Got it. Not invited."
Felicity: "Okay."
Sara: "Okay. Call me."

718 (Lost Canary) – Felicity and Dinah go to the warehouse and are almost killed by an exploding bomb device: 
Felicity: "Not to belabor the point or anything, but it would have been really nice to have White Canary here with us - the flight. Heh! You know, since you're both Canaries and everything."
Dinah: "Can we talk about this later?"
Felicity: "Mm-hmm."
Dinah: "Who's here besides us?"
Felicity (viewing tablet): "There's only two heat signatures in the entire building besides us, and - they're right behind this door."
Dinah: "It's got to be Shadow Thief and Laurel. You ready?"
Felicity: "Mm-hmm."
(Dinah knocks down door, and they enter to find an empty room.)
Dinah: "Where are they? They played us."
Felicity: "Fake heat signatures? That is devious and impressive."
(Electronic device in room starts beeping.)
Dinah: "Get down!"
(They leap behind a table and overturn it. Device explodes.)
Dinah: "Are you okay?"
Felicity: "Laurel tried to kill us."

718 (Lost Canary) – Felicity and Dinah argue about E2 Laurel again: 
Dinah: "It turns out we could have used some White Canary backup after all."
Sara: "Well, you got it now."
Dinah: "Sorry."
Sara: "No worries."
Dinah: "Find anything at the lair."
Felicity: "No, not yet. They were sloppy, though. Probably too fixated on killing us. The tech that Shadow Thief left behind will probably give us some insight on how she operates. With any luck, that's how we'll find her. (Sighs) I'm so sorry. I really thought Laurel had changed."
Dinah: "Well, that's all right. We're just lucky she's rusty and messed up."
Felicity: "Yeah."
Sara: "Or maybe it's not luck at all. I mean, Black Siren's a lethal, unforgiving killer. It's rare she fails, even rarer she doesn't do the job herself. I'm gonna get some air. Let me know if you guys find anything." (Leaves)
Felicity: "You know, maybe if I could have helped more or -"
Dinah: "Felicity, you have to stop blaming yourself. Laurel had every opportunity to make the right decision, and she didn't. Laurel has not changed. She is the same monster who killed Vinnie."
Felicity: "What Laurel did is unforgivable, but she's just on this path, and she doesn't know how to get off of it."
Dinah: "Do you know how many times in my life I could have gone down the same path, including killing Laurel last year, and I didn't?"
Felicity: "Yeah, you didn't because you had us. I mean, when Oliver brought you on the team, you weren't exactly a saint."
Dinah: "I was protecting women who couldn't protect themselves."
Felicity: "Yes. But even in your darkest of times, even when you were hell-bent on killing Laurel, we still had your back. I mean, we gave you a second chance, and look where you are now. You're - you're Captain of the S.C.P.D., you're a deputized vigilante. I mean, you couldn't possibly have imagined that this is where you would have ended up."
Dinah: "No, that's true, but I - I'm grateful for Oliver and for the whole team, but I don't think it matters with Laurel. I don't think she ever even wanted that kind of support."
Felicity: "Or maybe she wanted it more than any of us and didn't realize it until it was gone."

718 (Lost Canary) – In a flashforward scene, Older Dinah explains to Mia why she started the Canary Network: 
Older Dinah: "I appreciate you wanting payback for what happened to the Canaries, but not like this. Mia, if you go out there on your own, chances are you will not make it back alive."
Mia: "Galaxy One found all of your safe houses, Dinah. They'll find this one, too. I'm not going to sit around and wait for them to massacre the rest of us."
Older Dinah: "Believe me, there is nothing I would love more than to see those sons of bitches pay for what they did to my girls."
Mia: "So why don't you?"
Older Dinah: "Because I know I can't do it alone. And neither can you."
Mia: "Then come with me. Instead of hiding in the shadows, let's take this fight to Galaxy One. Make them pay for blood with blood."
Older Dinah: "Sometimes, I don't know who you sound more like - your mother or your father."
(Mia looks at her and then starts to leave.)
Older Dinah: "Do you know why I started the Canaries, what it represents? This is more than just some rebellion group. It's a support system. This is a way for women to know we always have each other's backs no matter what happens, whenever we need it most. Something I failed to do for a friend once. But ever since that happened with her, I made a promise to myself that I would never make that mistake again. That's why we wear these. (Shows Mia a silver Canary pin) To honor that promise, and the bravery and the sacrifice shared with these amazing women, who somehow - no matter how many times they get knocked down - they always find the strength to get back up and fight again. And that is exactly what the surviving Canaries are going to do, together, but when the time is right." (Throws a Canary pin to Mia)
Mia: "It's too bad I'm not a Canary." (Throws the Canary pin back to Dinah and leaves)

718 (Lost Canary) – When E2 Laurel and Shadow Thief go to steal a weapon, they’re confronted by Sara, Dinah and Felicity; and E2 Laurel finally decides to be good: 
E2 Laurel: "You."
Sara: "Don't look surprised. Your friend's suit is basically a giant tracker."
Dinah: "And we happen to know somebody who's very good with a computer."
E2 Laurel: "You brought your little friend with you. How typical."
Dinah: "It's not too late, Laurel. Don't do this."
E2 Laurel (sighing): "Oh. That song of yours is getting a little old."
(She throws an explosive device at them and moves on to find the weapon.)
Felicity: "Laurel!"
E2 Laurel: "Ugh. God. You're here, too?"
Felicity: "Do you know what Shadow Thief is planning to do with that device?"
E2 Laurel: "Yes. Sell it for a lot of money, of which I get half."
Felicity: "Who do you think she's gonna sell it to? The Girl Scouts? That device is gonna be used to kill people."
E2 Laurel: "Well, that's not really my concern now, is it? Move."
Felicity: "No."
E2 Laurel: "Seriously? Felicity, don't you think you're just a little bit out of your element?"
Felicity: "That is correct. I know that, but so are you."
E2 Laurel: "Oh, for the love of God, would you give it up already? This is who I am! Do you not see that?"
Felicity: "Who I see is someone that I believe in and someone that I really care about."
Dinah (entering with Sara): "Felicity, what are you doing?"
Felicity: "Forget living up to Laurel's legacy, and forget being who Lance wanted you to be. What do you want?"
E2 Laurel: "I want you to get out of my way."
Felicity: "I guess if you're okay with that device killing people, you may as well start with me."
(Dinah and Sara look at each other and then move to stand alongside Felicity.)
Dinah: "Me too."
Sara: "And me."
(E2 Laurel sees Shadow Thief coming up behind them with a knife, pushes them aside, and uses her sonic cry to blast Shadow Thief back.)
E2 Laurel: "I changed my mind. The deal's off."
Shadow Thief: "I kind of expected. Good think I had a backup plan."
(Men with guns start shooting. Felicity grabs the suitcase with the device, as the women dive for cover.)
E2 Laurel: "We have to get out of here."
Sara: "Look. Is the payload device big enough to clear out the building?"
Felicity: "Yes, but the problem is we're inside the building."
Dinah: "That's exactly why they won't be expecting it. How long do you need to arm it?"
Felicity: "90 seconds. But how are we gonna get out?"
Sara: "Birds fly, don't they? Let's buy her some time."
Felicity: "Uh - go, go."
(Dinah, Sara and E2 Laurel fight the men, while Felicity arms the device.)
Felicity: "Come on, come on, come on, come on. Come on... Ohh!"
E2 Laurel: "It's time to go."
Sara: "Stay close." (Uses her electronic sonic wrist device)
(The women fight their way of the building.)
Sara: "Overwatch! Now!"
(Felicity activates the countdown on the device using her tablet. The four women exit the building just before the device explodes.)
Felicity: "Can we never do that again?"
Sara: "Is everybody okay?"
E2 Laurel: "You came back for me."
Dinah: "We're only as strong as we are together, something I didn't realize till just now."
Sara: "We are pretty badass together."
Felicity: "Yeah. Like a Birds of Justice."
Sara: "Something like that."

718 (Lost Canary) – E2 Laurel decides to return to Earth-2; Felicity gives the sonic cry wrist device to Dinah and then gives E1 Laurel’s Black Canary suit to E2 Laurel: 
(Felicity shares a champagne toast with Dinah and E2 Laurel in the Arrow Bunker.)
Felicity: "To ladies taking down ladies."
Dinah: "Heh. And to Laurel. Thank you for the assist. And I'm very, very sorry that I doubted you."
E2 Laurel: "That means a lot. I just wish we got Shadow Thief."
Dinah: "We'll get her next time."
E2 Laurel: "So does this mean you're not gonna arrest me?"
Dinah: "I don't see why I would. This new evidence proves you didn't kill Hernandez, and you went undercover to bring down the Shadow Thief, so I am as surprised as anyone."
E2 Laurel: "Thank you."
Felicity: "Now that Laurel Lance, upstanding citizen, is back, everything can go back to normal."
E2 Laurel: "Actually, it can't."
Felicity: "Say what, now?"
E2 Laurel: "I am so tired of running. It's time for me to go home now."
Felicity: "Home? As in Earth-2 home?"
E2 Laurel: "Yeah. Someone in similar shoes told me, if I wanted to be one of the good guys, that I needed to right my wrongs. And the only way to do that is to go back to where it all started."
Dinah: "Oh. Well, uh... I'll - cheers to that."
Felicity: "Yeah." (Starts to sip the champagne)
E2 Laurel: "Ah-ah. (Takes Felicity's wine glass) Heh. I think I deserve two of these. I mean, come on. I worked really hard, so there. (Clinks her two glasses together) Cheers to me." 
Dinah (looking at her phone): "Oh no, it's the S.C.P.D. Okay. Apparently, criminals don't care how badly I need a girls' night."
Felicity: "I have something for you. From one Canary to another. Sara wanted you to have this. (Hands Dinah the sonic cry wrist device) I can adjust it for you. Probably get your cry back if you want it."
Dinah: "Thank you."
(Dinah leaves.)
E2 Laurel: "Yes, you are welcome."
Felicity: "Thank you."
E2 Laurel: "No sweat. Did it all the time when my sister was pregnant."
Felicity: "Oh, way to bury the lead. That's how you knew I was pregnant."
E2 Laurel: "Mm-hmm."
Felicity: "I have something for you." (Opens a case to reveal E1 Laurel's Black Canary suit)
E2 Laurel: "It's Laurel's Black Canary costume."
Felicity: "Yeah. Yeah. I thought you could use it here, but, you know, maybe Earth-2 needs a Black Canary. You are still planning on being good, right?"
E2 Laurel: "I'm planning to try, yeah."
Felicity: "Good." (Hugs her)
E2 Laurel: "I just really hope one day I'm actually worthy of it."

718 (Lost Canary) – Felicity returns home to find an exhausted Oliver: 
Archer (computerized voice): "Welcome home, Ms. Smoak."
Felicity (entering): "Oh, you're home. I missed you. Did you get what you're looking for?"
(Oliver is stretched out on the sofa, but he sits up and Felicity goes to sit next to him. She puts her arm around him.)
Oliver: "Yup. I'm exhausted. Just want to sit on the couch. And order some food, and - I don't know - I'll have whatever you're craving, okay?"
Felicity: "I already ate. After I said good-bye to Laurel."
Oliver: "So you found Laurel? But you said good-bye to her already?"
Felicity: "Well, yeah. After we stopped her from going on a killing spree."
Oliver: "Hmm?"
Felicity: "Dinah and Sara and I."
Oliver: "Hmm?"
Felicity: "Yeah, that Sara. And we did it. Super easy, you know. It was like Charlie's Angels without the feathered hair and casual sexism."
Oliver: "So that whole taking it easy thing."
Felicity: "Well, you know I'm not good at that."
Oliver: "Well, I'm here now, so I'll take care of you."
Felicity: "Well, you could start with a foot rub."
(Oliver gestures with his hand. Felicity takes off her shoe off one foot and gives the foot to Oliver to rub.)
Felicity: "Ahh."

718 (Lost Canary) – In a flashforward scene, Mia is almost killed by Galaxy One’s helmeted killer but is saved by Older E2 Laurel:
(Mia fights the helmeted killer, but he puts her on the ground. Just as he's about to shoot her, we hear a sonic scream that blasts him away from Mia. Older E2 Laurel, who’s wearing the Black Canary suit and now has long white hair, leaps to the ground from the building above. She is accompanied by two other Canaries.)
Mia: "Whoa. But I've seen you before. The old Green Arrow documentary. You're -"
Older E2 Laurel: "A friend of your parents. You're lucky we got here when we did."
Mia: "Dinah sent you to watch my back."
Older E2 Laurel: "It's what Canaries do. (Takes from one of the other Canaries the helmet that the killer was wearing) Give this to Felicity. You look so much like her, and you may not be a Canary, and you still have a long way to go to prove that you're a hero. Take it from someone who knows how hard it can be, and don't screw it up." (Leaves with the other two Canaries)

Edited by tv echo