Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: Lost Canary

Lady Calypso
  • Start Topic

BIRDS OF PREY; CAITY LOTZ GUEST STARS — After being accused of murder and having her criminal past exposed, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) goes full Black Siren and teams up with an old criminal acquaintance, Shadow Thief (guest star Carmel Amit), to go on a crime spree around Star City. While Dinah (Juliana Harkavy) aims to bring Laurel in, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) refuses to give up on her friend and tries everything to get through to her, even summoning Sara Lance (guest star Caity Lotz) for help. However, Laurel rebuffs all her efforts, forcing the former friends to face off against each other. Kristin Windell directed the episode written by Jill Blankenship & Elisa Delson (#718). Original airdate 4/15/2019.

Some terrible acting at times and yeah, worlds quickest turn around but I actually enjoyed it.  

And YES!  Back to E2 to redeem herself.  😄   One less Canary for now at least.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

I'm not even going to try to understand Laurel's redemption arc. Started out evil. May or may not have killed people during this episode (wasn't paying attention, but don't actually care?). Then good enough by the end of it ... in the span of, what, 2 days? ... to basically be handed the BC mantle. Not surprised, but nope. (Did appreciate that Laurel knows she's not worthy of it yet and is going to try to be good.)

The Olicity scenes were cute, but we deserved more of them for sitting through this episode.

Loved seeing Sara again, but could've done with more Felicity/Sara. 

Appreciated most of what Sara told Laurel.

Now for the FFs. HOW MANY CANARIES ARE THERE? I think I'm counting at least 20? 10 dead, 5 missing, Dinah, Zoe, Laurel + her two side canaries. Future Laurel bugged me with her "you're not a hero yet but you can be" or whatever she told Mia. I was too distracted by the wig to pay attention. Was it just platinum blonde? Gray? 

• Love 4

If only Sara wasn't busy saving the space-time continuum. Fuck, have her bust in on Star City 2040. "You're Ollie's daughter? With Felicity?!? Wow . . . I mean . . . wow. Strong resemblance. How do you feel about time travel and surly pyromaniacs?"

And, of course, Laurel-2 shows up in the future. Because she's Laurel-2. I mean, I get it, but the character has always bugged,no matter which Earth she comes from. She did look decent with the white hair, though.

Okay episode. Too much of Felicity wanting to believe in Laurel and Dinah doubting it hard. I'm not sure Sara added much to the plot aside from visiting her father's grave. Well, she did work on the salmon ladder. Poor thing's probably hasn't used in years.

"Felicity, I need to face my past. I'm going back home. To Earth-2. For good. I really hope my sudden disappearance doesn't mess things up too badly at City Hall."

Wait, so what is the helmet MacGuffin supposed to be? I lost track.

Was that supposed to be some random guy who kicked Mia's ass at the end?  How odd to have such a powerful foe be so irrelevant we don't even need to see his face.

I hope SA is enjoying all of his time off.   It must be nice after all these years to get lead actor money for guest actor time.

• LOL 2

Since Laurel appeared in the FF's this episode can we FINALLY get Old Man Diggle in the FF's next week please with it being a Diggle Episode? I want Mia to meet Uncle John Diggle lol. And Mia dont need advice from E-2 Laurel. Shes destined to be a Hero shes the The Princess that was Promised, Spawn of Felicity Megan Smoak and Oliver Jonas Queen Goddamit lol. Sorry loved my GOT coming back last night 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

And, of course, Laurel-2 shows up in the future. Because she's Laurel-2. I mean, I get it, but the character has always bugged,no matter which Earth she comes from. She did look decent with the white hair, though.

I get at least why they had her show up.  This way they wouldn't have to prove she turned her life around.  (As in they wouldn't have to check up on her in any future episodes to see how she's doing.) I'm just curious if she was supposed to have dropped in from E2 or if she's just one of the Canaries walking around in Star City working for Dinah.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Was that supposed to be some random guy who kicked Mia's ass at the end?  How odd to have such a powerful foe be so irrelevant we don't even need to see his face.

I was worried that it was going to wind up being Diggle, even though that doesn't make sense given the fact that he asked Connor to watch over her. 

• Love 1

What the hell was with the acting/camera work in this episode, especially with the BS scenes? Why was the camera spinning like the camera guy was having a seizure? Why was the acting even more awkward than usual? What was with the weird strutting that BS and the other lady were doing? Is this what the show thinks of as "sexy?"

I guess I shouldn't complain about Olicity getting two adorable scenes together, but I am so over them just having a scene to start us out (and lull us into a false sense of security) and then maybe one where they kind of recap their separate subplots. They're married, could they have a plot, like, together?

So BS is the hero we deserve after doing the bare minimum required of redemption, and is leaving anyway. Fare thee well, Not laurel! I am sure your countless victims would have been thrilled to know how little of a crap the heroes of their world gave about them. 

Having Sara around though, is always a win. Sara kicking ass, Sara being snarky, Sara giving actual good advice (What did you expect, an medal for not being evil for five minutes?) and Sara having Feels. Plus, Sara on the Salon Ladder! Oh how I missed you! I did feel sad at Sara saying that her sister was better than everyone, including her. Oh Sara, you have your demons, but your just the hero Laurel was! Your even more of a hero!

Poor Oliver and his constant, desperate hope that his relatives wont be a rouges gallery of sketchy wackjobs. 

• Love 12

I haven't watched this show in awhile, how many Canaries are there now? And why?

I only watched for the original Canary, Sara. Since this is the first fight scene she's had in awhile. I loved seeing her fight and do the Salmon ladder. This time it looks like she did it all herself. Last time she only did 2 rungs and the stunt double did the rest. CL looked liked she was having fun being back on Arrow. I loved seeing the Felicity and Sara friendship again. And with Sara flirting with her and confirming her cute remark was Sara being into Felicity. 

The BS redemption was fast. And again we have Saint Laurel. Sara still has her inferiority complex when it comes to her real sister. But she gave a nice speech to her not sister about expecting a medal for being a decent human and not killing people. 

What this about Earth 2 Sara having kids? I want to meet that Sara. Don't care about future Siren Canary, since everyone seems to be a Canary in the future. Where are the Legend they need to come fix that stat. The Original Canary should put a stop to that and tell them to choose their own names and stop using hers. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Sakura12 said:

What this about Earth 2 Sara having kids? I want to meet that Sara.

Wait, I thought Earth-2 Sara died on the Queen's Gambit. Knowing myself, I probably missed a good chunk of backstory and/or retconning.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm not even going to try to understand Laurel's redemption arc. Started out evil. May or may not have killed people during this episode (wasn't paying attention, but don't actually care?). Then good enough by the end of it ... in the span of, what, 2 days? ... to basically be handed the BC mantle. Not surprised, but nope. (Did appreciate that Laurel knows she's not worthy of it yet and is going to try to be good.)

She tried a few times but I don't think she actually succeeded. She just stood by while her friend did it. 

I don't really care about E-1 Laurel, but I find myself kind of sad for her. Her reputation is fully ruined on this earth because someone came and stole her life, and people she cared about cheered it on. Ick. 

I found this all so awfully cheesy in the same ways that turned me off of the Flash's hashtag feminism episode. Laurel's full turn for...no reason it seems, and immediate acceptance, coupled by Dinah's "we're better when we work together, and I'm just now beginning to see that." LOL

Anyway, I'm glad this is over. Phew. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Wait, I thought Earth-2 Sara died on the Queen's Gambit. Knowing myself, I probably missed a good chunk of backstory and/or retconning.

I don't think she's ever been mentioned? I'm not even sure that the sister Laurel mentioned tonight was actually Sara? But I might've missed it.

6 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I do miss when Oliver was the main character of this show. Those were good times.

Yeah, me too.

So everyone still gets to wear their masks, but Oliver? I want The Hood back.

The Strut was strong tonight. Work it, girls!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Strange, I thought Arrow was coming back tonight, but The CW apparently decided to air a short, special Black Siren TV movie instead.  Weird.

Slightly kidding.  But this really was a case of something that might have worked had this been an alternative universe, where the show actually did a good job building up to Laurel/BS learning the error of her ways, working hard, and earning her redemption.  Instead, this was just Laurel throwing another hissy-fit and turning bad since everyone "abandoned her" over murder accusation.  Even though the only who seemed to actually turn on her was Dinah.  Felicity had her back and, frankly, neither Oliver or Diggle even seemed to give a shit about her. 

But that doesn't stop Laurel from going on a crime spree with the his Shadow Knight or whatever her name was, only to see the error of her ways (again!) after Dinah humbles herself, Felicity pleads, and they even trot out Sara to remind everyone how great both Laurels are/were!  What a great use of the hour!  Especially knowing this is going to be one of the last few episodes Emily Bett Rickards is going to be in.  A great use of her time!

At least it leads to Black Siren going back to Earth 2.  Oh, but wait!  She'll end up coming back since she's in the flashforwards now.  Yay!

Agree that the acting seemed off here, even from the more reliable ones.  Granted, it really felt like Caity Lotz was simply trying not to roll her eyes and go "Man, remember I got to do a Bollywood number on my actual show an hour ago?  This is so boring!"  That said, the Sara/Felicity scene was great and you can really tell EBR and Lotz enjoy working with one another.

Oh, hey, I can't forget about the actual Arrow dude, here!  While all of that was going on, Oliver and Diggle were off trying to find out who killed Emiko's mom before she does, and it turns out it was one of the Longbow Hunters, and Dante had set up everything.  Which naturally leads to Oliver being hopeful that might finally (finally!) get Emiko back on his side.  All while Diggle just stares at him all "Dude, you are hopeless!"  At least Stephen Amell and David Ramsey got an easy week of work!

Looking forward to next week at least, since it looks like Diggle is going to get some meaty material again.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Was CL’s voice always that deep?

Felicity, sweetie, Laurel tried to kill the precious cargo. A little less empathy please?

Dinah go blow yourself up. 

Apparently they decided she gave them warning after they triggered it so she in fact was not really trying too hard.  I mean, they still COULD have died but it's ok cause she gave them a chance to save themselves?  lol.

Honestly, I blame Dinah more for taking Felicity WALKING through the bad guy's warehouse and not even letting Sara come along for the fun.  They knew there would be TWO they would be fighting (had they been there) What was DInah's plan? Felicity probably still planned on talking Laurel down but Dinah was not on the same page so what the hell?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cambridgeguy said:

I hope SA is enjoying all of his time off.   It must be nice after all these years to get lead actor money for guest actor time.

Try watching Hawaii Five-O.    Sometimes, it can be weeks before I finally see one of these so-called regulars show up again on the show.

• LOL 2
5 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Tonight we learned that Earth 2 Sara got pregnant/had a kid. What’re the odds that Earth 2 Oliver was the baby daddy? 

Was her sister for sure Sara? I don't recall her ever mentioning, which I thought was weird considering Sara was in this ep.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Was her sister for sure Sara? I don't recall her ever mentioning, which I thought was weird considering Sara was in this ep.

It’s possible but I figured they didn’t want to get into it any further since we’re unlikely to actually meet Earth 2 Sara. We know that there was an Earth X Sara and that Quentin’s doppelgängers still fathered the E2 and EX Laurel doppelgängers. Plus the many Wells we’ve met from various Earths all have the same face so it stands to reason that the sister of Black Siren is a Sara doppelgänger. Even if Siren’s sister is not a double but some random I still wonder if  E2 Oliver was her baby daddy. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Can't say for sure for sure but they've never indicated that she had a sister different from Sara.  So until they say otherwise, I'll assume it was Sara.  

• Love 1

Oliver’s little foot rub hand motion was adorable. That entire scene was the best. 

Future BS looks like Black Cat. Mia didn’t recognize her. No one mentioned her previously. That scene was a pretty little bow. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

Can't say for sure for sure but they've never indicated that she had a sister different from Sara.  So until they say otherwise, I'll assume it was Sara.  

I don't really care, I was just curious. I just figured that since there was talk about what Sara's Laurel was like to Other!Laurel that there might've been some talk about what Other!Laurel's Sara was like, just as...IDK some kind of bookend to that conversation once Laurel had decided she was going to be good again. But this show is half-assed so of course that wouldn't happen, haha. 

• Love 1

So I actually didn't mind this episode? I mean, sure, if I concentrate on the Dinah of it all, and the Laurel logistics, I'll get annoyed... but instead I enjoyed the amazing Sara/Felicity scene (WE COULD HAVE HAD IT ALL!) and the cute Oliver and Felicity bits, and even some of Laurel's exasperation with Felicity's persistence cracked me up. And Mia being just like her parents! So those bits made me happy, while the terrible direction and sound mixing didn't. Once again, I could barely hear half of what SA and EBR were saying. There's still one line that CL said that I have no idea what it was. 

But also, yes to Dinah being the worst (she actually bugged me more than Laurel, which is nuts, bc I never thought anyone would replace KC for me), with her dumb plan to bring Felicity -- a noncombatant -- to capture two bad guys and JH's acting which isn't great. (And also her terrible blazer with the buttons but I guess that's beyond her control.)

• Love 5

I've railed so many time this season about how lazy BS's "redemption" was, so I'm just not even going to bother tonight. It was clear from the beginning that Laurel was never going to suffer any consequences for her crimes or have to actually atone from them. So now that she's "good," I wish her well on E-2. I'm just happy knowing that Mia only knows her from the documentary and Laurel wasn't a presence in the Queens' lives while she was growing up. That's enough for me.

Also, I knew there was a Canary Network, but I had no idea that there were enough canaries to have one on every streetcorner. I appreciate the show's recognition that being a canary is such a generic thing that anyone can do it (and virtually everyone has).

I wish I could be all "rah rah, girlpower" about that episode, but aside from a few good moments here and there, it was so cheesy and shallow. #feminism

The only parts I unreservedly loved were the Olicity scenes. Shocking, I know, but putting SA and EBR together in a scene makes everything better. The fact that there won't be any Olicity scenes next season to make the medicine go down is all the reason I need to peace out until the series finale (or until EBR makes her first guest appearance).

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Here's something else that just occurred to me. I know they wanted their big reveal that Siren is still alive in the future but are we to assume that she, like Dinah, believed that Felicity had become a supervillain?  Dinah never mentioned a member of the Canary Network refusing to believe that she'd gone bad and we know that Dinah never knew about the pregnancy until Mia revealed herself to William.  So Siren's a "good guy" in the future, who is 100% Felicity's friend and trusted member of Dinah's network, yet she apparently never tried to make Dinah see reason on her becoming a bad guy and never thought to look out for her good friend's child in the twenty years that have passed.  And, in turn, Felicity clearly never called her good buddy Black Siren, who was the only one to figure out she was pregnant, when Mia left home to watch out for her like she does with Diggle and Connor. 

If we're to assume this future really is post-Crisis, then Siren's been around for twenty years.  No matter how much she and Felicity may like each other clearly this friendship is stronger in name than in reality.

4 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

If we're to assume this future really is post-Crisis, then Siren's been around for twenty years.  No matter how much she and Felicity may like each other clearly this friendship is stronger in name than in reality.

I didn't get the sense that she was around all that much. Mia only knew her from the vigilante documentary that she'd been watching, and the way Black Siren asked her to pass whatever that was on to Felicity didn't make it seem like the'd been in touch recently if at all either. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, scarynikki12 said:

Here's something else that just occurred to me. I know they wanted their big reveal that Siren is still alive in the future but are we to assume that she, like Dinah, believed that Felicity had become a supervillain?  Dinah never mentioned a member of the Canary Network refusing to believe that she'd gone bad and we know that Dinah never knew about the pregnancy until Mia revealed herself to William.  So Siren's a "good guy" in the future, who is 100% Felicity's friend and trusted member of Dinah's network, yet she apparently never tried to make Dinah see reason on her becoming a bad guy and never thought to look out for her good friend's child in the twenty years that have passed.  And, in turn, Felicity clearly never called her good buddy Black Siren, who was the only one to figure out she was pregnant, when Mia left home to watch out for her like she does with Diggle and Connor. 

FF Laurel was wearing one of the Canary pins that Dinah hands out like candy but until we know how the multi verse ends up after Crisis, I'm going to assume that after Dinah's Canary Network was decimated, she called in back up from E2.  I suppose she could have also just popped in from some other city too. 

If Dinah had someone on her team that Felicity and Roy would have known/recognized, wouldn't she have brought it up prior to when she was just about out of Canaries?   So yeah, I'm clinging to Laurel was just newly arrived.  Also, she seemed like she was also leaving right away, lol.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

Underrated moment:

The way Felicity walks in and says with so much feeling, "You're home.  I missed you." 

And on a more sob-worthy note, this was her reaction after what?  Two-three days?  The future kills me.  

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

So everyone still gets to wear their masks, but Oliver? I want The Hood back.

I'm pretty sure SA worked that into his contract.  Yeah, I'll come back for S7 but I don't want to spend as much time in the makeup chair, so no mask and hood.  I'd also like some more days off so lets make sure Oliver's missing/dead in the future.  Oh, and lets put in plenty of scenes where it would be in character for me to react with relative indifference.

I'd almost forgotten that Sara has her own White Canary costume since she never wears it on her own show. In fact, she doesn't really use that code name there either.  Maybe she only dusts it off for Star City appearances. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't really care about E-1 Laurel, but I find myself kind of sad for her. Her reputation is fully ruined on this earth because someone came and stole her life, and people she cared about cheered it on. Ick. 

So...I take this back. It was pointed out to me last night that Dinah said she was going to cover for Laurel's little crime spree by saying that she, uh...went undercover to bring down the Shadow Thief. Which, I guess is now a thing that DA's do.

Sympathy revoked. And also thanks for the laugh, show.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

So...I take this back. It was pointed out to me last night that Dinah said she was going to cover for Laurel's little crime spree by saying that she, uh...went undercover to bring down the Shadow Thief. Which, I guess is now a thing that DA's do.

Sympathy revoked. And also thanks for the laugh, show.

Yeah, I get the coverup but I don’t get the logic behind the “undercover” assignment. Why would “Laurel” be able to go undercover and win over criminals’ trust? No criminal would go, “yep, lawyer and (former) vigilante, let me let you into my inner circle.” Laurel is a public figure. 

ETA: The mayor should be all over this, considering how much she hates all of the team and since it’s probably time for her to pop up and complain about them again. It just wouldn’t work even if Laurel had really gone undercover.

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • LOL 1
12 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, I get the coverup but I don’t get the logic behind the “undercover” assignment. Why would “Laurel” be able to go undercover and win over criminals’ trust? No criminal would go, “yep, lawyer and (former) vigilante, let me let you into my inner circle.” Laurel is a public figure. 

ETA: The mayor should be all over this, considering how much she hates all of the team and since it’s probably time for her to pop up and complain about them again. It just wouldn’t work even if Laurel had really gone undercover.

Yeah, it doesn't hold up at all. It's so dumb that I kinda wish that it hadn't been mentioned at all. The people that Shadow Thief killed don't matter I guess? It's okay for Laurel to be party to that for...reasons? It's especially dumb because not only is Laurel a very public figure both as a DA and a former vigilante, but she doesn't even have the kind of job where going undercover is a thing. I would've loved to see a scene of Dinah trying to explain why a high-profile DA went undercover to stop a criminal instead of...IDK, a rando SCPD cop. 

It's dumb. It hurts.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

It was an ok episode but far from the best. The highlight was definitely the female focus.

It always amazes me that these writers are paid to write this show since it seems like half the time they turn in their homework late and half assed.

Laurel is revealed to have worked with Diaz and allegedly killing someone so she decides to say "fork it. I'm going back to a life of crime and stealing money for no apparent reason" and all because Dinah didn't trust her? It isn't hard to have propped Laurel up in the middle of the season, have her reveal Emiko as a bad guy, TA not believe her, and have Emiko turn the team against her forcing Laurel to give into her darker side to pretend to get in Emikos good Grace's in order to expose her to the team. Or at least give her a good motivation for going after all this money. 

Ending her journey with her no longer running by going back to E2 wasn't that strong. She wasn't running anymore on E1 and they should've done more to show that she views E1 as more of a home then E2. 

They are really going hard that Felicity was hidden from the world and only had 1 visitor who happened to be Nyssa. Laurel should've come around periodically to hang and know Mia. 

So Laurel is fully redeemed *yay*  but did they really have to have her wear E1 Laurels uniform? That's just lazy. If you're going to have her become a Canary then let her have her own uniform since her taste is definitely different from OG Laurel.

It was great to see Sara back on Arrow outside of the annual crossover and see her get to interact with Felicity and Laurel. I do wish she and Dinah had the chance to have an actual conversation about Dinah taking up the mantle from her sister.

The whole Canary network is of course  dealt with poorly since all this time we've only heard of them and never seen them in action outside of Zoe.

Shadow Theif was brief but fun and should've been a meta to make her more formidable. 

Well, I don't know about anyone else but this really came across like an exit episode. It wouldn't shock me if the original plan was for KC to leave and they recently changed their minds. Otherwise this whole episode just feels pointless. So, what? Laurel is gonna go back to E2

Spoiler

for 3 weeks until the finale and she's paid her dues and earned her BC outfit? LMAO as if. 

Honestly, I struggled to get through this one. On one hand it was beyond time to have an episode dedicated to an all-female team-up but on the other, this was just so poorly written and half-assed and made me annoyed at all the characters at times, even Felicity. 

Felicity was too OTT in believing in Laurel, even after her actions in this very episode. Dinah was too unbelieving and a complete hypocrite. I think Sara was probably the only one who made sense about the idea of redemption but it all came too little too late. And I'm sorry but backsliding into her old BS life and then saying "Oh I changed my mind!" is not a redemption. It's called "These Writers Can't Be Bothered." 

And the fact that BS is essentially still living E1 Laurel's life by wearing her BC outfit is yikes and creeps me out. There is no need for her to wear that outfit. She can still be BC number 5255 and wear something else. 

I think the only thing I truly enjoyed about the episode was the cute Felicity and Sara banter, Oliver calling their baby "Precious cargo" (MY HEART!!!) and Olicity chilling out on the sofa. 

I've also reached the point where I'm outright ignoring the flashforwards because I despise them. Truly the biggest mistake the show has ever made. HATE. 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

So, what? Laurel is gonna go back to E2

Hide contents

for 3 weeks until the finale and she's paid her dues and earned her BC outfit? LMAO as if. 

Well, considering

Spoiler

it took her a total of 10 seconds to go from permanently bad to permanently good, 3 weeks is a lifetime!

• LOL 5

I already said it in the live thread but Felicity, The Princess that was Promised Mia and Sara were the main bright spots of The episode also the Olicity Moments. Loved the references to season 2 and Sara basically telling Felicity she was interested when she called her Cute AND Felicity jokingly/Maybe Serious telling Sara she wouldnt have turned her down lol

• Love 3

What I learned in this episode...

Present Day:

• Emiko framed E2 Laurel for the murder of gang member Gustavo Hernandez.
  • Kodiak, one of the Longbow Hunters, is the one who murdered Emiko's mother, and Oliver deduces that Kodiak was hired by Dante.
  • Oliver concludes that Dante has been "pulling the strings this entire time," that Dante orchestrated the murder of Emiko's mother and sent Emiko down the path that she's currently on, and that Dante has been manipulating Emiko.
  • Shadow Thief is still free (and it's hinted that she was working for the Ninth Circle).
  • Felicity modified E1 Laurel's sonic collar into a sonic cry wrist device, which was used by Sara in this episode. Then, at Sara's request, Felicity gives the sonic wrist device to Dinah.
  • E2 Laurel's sister on Earth-2 was pregnant at some point in the past.
  • E2 Laurel is cleared of murder and can resume her life as Star City D.A., but she decides to return to Earth-2. 
  • Felicity gives E1 Laurel's Black Canary suit to E2 Laurel to use on Earth-2, which maybe "needs a Black Canary." 

Star City 2040:

• I believe that the Galaxy One helmet is a mobile Archer unit that allowed the masked hunter to track down and murder Canaries in Star City.
  • There are 10 dead and 5 missing Canaries so far, decimating the Canary Network.
  • All of the Canary Network safe houses have been destroyed except for their main base.
  • Dinah started the Canary Network as a support system for women. Ever since she failed to have a friend's back once, she made a promise to herself never to make that mistake again. (I'm assuming she's referring to E2 Laurel.)
  • E2 Laurel's still alive in 2040 and has been superhero-ing it in the Black Canary suit. She's either part of or in touch with Dinah's Canary Network.

Questions: 

1. Is Emiko really the head of the Ninth Circle, or does she only believe that she's the head of the Ninth Circle (and she's unknowingly Dante's puppet)?
  2. If it only took one sonic blast to knock out Galaxy One's helmeted hunter, then why weren't all the Canaries outfitted with a sonic cry wrist device?
  3. Did E2 Laurel return to Earth-1 at some point, or did she just cross over in 2040 at Dinah's request?

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, tv echo said:
  • Dinah started the Canary Network as a support system for women. Ever since she failed to have a friend's back once, she made a promise to herself never to make that mistake again. (I'm assuming she's referring to E2 Laurel.)

This is such garbage from a toilet because while - yes, Dinah sucks and is a hypocrite - she and Laurel were never pals and at best had a snarky, snappy working relationship and little else. Dinah - with reason - was wary of Black Siren and then walks in on her threatening to harm a witness. I mean...it's not like she just decided Laurel was guilty of killing the guy when he turned up dead. SHE WALKED IN ON LAUREL THREATENING TO DO IT.

And then Dinah, as Laurel is flitting around the city robbing people, attempting to kill people, being an accessory to murder, etc. decides that Laurel doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt because, uh...she's running around doing awful things that would make people doubt her!

It killed me that she apologized at the end when she was right for not trusting Laurel. And that she then based founding a whole flock of seagulls in the future based on this "mistake." 

FLUSH IT. FLUSH IT ALL DOWN, IT'S TERRIBLE.

• Love 15

Ugh. There is So. Much. Dinah. In this episode.

Plus I guess JH is the only cast member willing to do interviews now? Because I can’t escape her when it comes to Arrow. And she is, um, not a draw for me when it comes to this show.

• Love 7