Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E02: Super Swarm

• Start Topic

Keith and Harley deserve each other.  I did think it amusing that all the pots the Southern Wind set on the Wizard were empty - I'm pretty sure the Wizard didn't take the time to haul and dump, especially with a camera crew on board.

• Love 3

So Harley got all pissed at Keith.   COWBOY, you set on top of Keith's gear hoping to get the crab in your pots instead of his.    You got what you deserved.   Don't be pissed that your little evil plan didn't work.

Apparently Jake A's story is that he is incapable of finding crab on his own.   He needs someone every season to tell him where to fish.    

Poor Sean.    He knew having Luke on board was going to be trouble but family is family.   How did Luke repay him?   By getting him fined.   $20K when the boat is struggling financially, real nice.   Luke looked so dejected when he walked off the boat.   Not that he let Sean down but that he got fired.    On the other hand, Sean knew he couldn't be counted on to measure right.   He should have called down and gotten him off the sorter or told the other guys to double check.   Ultimate responsibility rests with the Captain.

• Love 4

My only disappointment was when Sean was firing Luke.  I thought it was okay and appropriate to talk to him about how he messed up ON THE BOAT.  But then Sean said, "I have watched you f**k up your whole life." 

Not appropriate.  He wasn't being fired for something he did when he was 14 or 15.  That crossed the line from captain to crew member to cousin yelling at cousin.  Kind of like kicking him when he was down.  He already knew he had messed up . . . why bring up family history?

Oh . . . note to Discovery.  It was a great episode due to the absence of the Cornelia Marie.  Keep up the good work!!!

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

My only disappointment was when Sean was firing Luke.  I thought it was okay and appropriate to talk to him about how he messed up ON THE BOAT.  But then Sean said, "I have watched you f**k up your whole life." 

Not appropriate.  He wasn't being fired for something he did when he was 14 or 15.  That crossed the line from captain to crew member to cousin yelling at cousin.  Kind of like kicking him when he was down.  He already knew he had messed up . . . why bring up family history?

Oh . . . note to Discovery.  It was a great episode due to the absence of the Cornelia Marie.  Keep up the good work!!!

Agreed, that was a slip for Sean but compared to the other captains, he's still a paragon of restraint.   I hope Sean also realizes that Jake has a bit of a screw loose at times.  

No Cornelia Marie was one of the things that made this a great episode.  I LOVED the scenes with Mandy.  She's really interesting in the business and science of her career and puts thoughts into things.  She's a great contrast to you-know-who on the CM.  I read that she's Sig's adopted daughter, but I swear they're two peas in a pod.  You can also see that there's mutual love and respect.  She's keeping a eye on him related to his health.  He's really teaching her without all the BS.

Perhaps I'm in the minority but I enjoyed the conflict between Keith and Harley.  Harley likes to appear like he's a bit simple, but under the surface the wheels are turning.  Keith is happiest when he has a nemesis and it's good when it's someone other than a family or crew member.  I hope the two of them do some low key torquing of each other all season, especially if they don't erupt into a yelling match.  Let's play this old school.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Apparently Jake A's story is that he is incapable of finding crab on his own.   He needs someone every season to tell him where to fish.    

Or give him a whole string of pots full of crab, so he can act all badass like he's some amazing crab captain or something.  🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

The only way Jake can find crab is if someone else leaves them for him in pots with a map to where they are . . . or at Red Lobster.

ETA:  I wonder when/if Sean will join the group who believes that working with Jake is a one-sided deal - all to Jake's advantage.  Maybe Sean needs to have a heart-to-heart with Sig and Keith.  

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I like the new dude simply because he gets under Keith's skin. After the shit with Monte last year, fuck Keith.

Felt bad for Sean and can understand his frustration with his cousin. So I am not going to be harsh on him for it. 

• Love 2
On 4/17/2019 at 11:53 AM, AZChristian said:

The only way Jake can find crab is if someone else leaves them for him in pots with a map to where they are . . . or at Red Lobster.

ETA:  I wonder when/if Sean will join the group who believes that working with Jake is a one-sided deal - all to Jake's advantage.  Maybe Sean needs to have a heart-to-heart with Sig and Keith.  

Everyone has to learn that lesson on their own because Jake does a good job of playing the victim.

The show would be better without Jake and Josh.   I'd love to see more new serious fishermen like Sean.

• Love 3