Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: Something We Said

druzy
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

In this case, I think Jenelle needs Barb more than Barb needs her. Barb has been filmed plenty by herself - she is the one raising Jace. David's kids won't really be shown without David. Who does that leave Jenelle to film with? I think that even IF Jenelle left (and I suspect her threats were all bluster), MTV would continue to film Barb and Jace. People are invested in them. Barb even had her own "Being" special. 

I'm definitely more on the side that Barb is simply sucking up to Jenelle because Jenelle is finally being nice to her. It makes me sad, and quite disappointed. 

I agree with this. I think she is sucking up and trying to act "cool." Remember the kid that we all hung around in middle school, and tried to say "edgy" stuff while around them? I remember doing that, and then eventually taking it way too far, so far that everyone else would be like, "wtf?" I think that's her. That whole conversation about "I tell Jace all the time..." seemed exaggerated, like, "let me show jenelle how badass I am!" I hope she realized she went too far though. And I am very disappointed in her for sucking up to Jenelle! I get that she probably thinks it's the only way she can save her from David, but she's not showing herself in a good light, at all. 

• Love 12

Well this episode, more than others, certainly had the fingerprints of producers all over it.

The getaway with Janelle and Barb (what a disappointment she was!) was only because there's no one left fo film with Janelle, so producers set up this getaway so they could film somewhere novel with the two of them. 

And Leah's doctor's appointment was clearly set up just for filming. Pretty sure he's not her actual doctor since anyone who's ever met Leah knows not to use the word "efficacy" around her...twice!

• LOL 12
  • Love 8

I gotta say, watching Cole try to decide on the camo or the mustard color diaper bag was cringe worthy. Im not against them branching out their name to do this dumb little project, but honestly it should of just been Chelsea and Aubree doing it. I think it’s something they both could enjoy, something that can just be passed on to Aubree to do on her own in the next couple years, and a fun activity they can do together. Cole is a decent guy, he has a good steady income and did NOT need to be at that meeting trying to decide on fabric. Another way of having him “help” would be to stay home with the babies while Chelsea does this. I think it’s something simple and easy for her to manage while being a SAHM, and I don’t think they’re such a name brand together as she and Aubree are. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I think that Barb showed her true colors ( as I have tried to say on here before) and the apple doesnt fall far from the tree with her and Jenelle. 

What is wrong with Kails face? This entire season I have been trying to figure it out - she used to be such a cute girl and now so manly and homely - yikes. 

Briana looked really good especially when out with her new bf. She should put out more effort on a daily basis cause a little make up and niceness improves her majorly. 

Aubrey was adorable at that meeting !! Such a nice little lady and so excited it was really good to see her happy.

• Love 8

Please, please, PLEASE tell me that someone other than David was taking care of Jace while Barb and Jenelle were on their getaway together!! Jenelle “supervising” when she has Jace with David is bad enough. I really hope David isn’t allowed to be alone with Jace. 

I also really hope that Kaiser was with Doris, or at least Nathan during the same time period. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

My take on the diaper bag thing...I get that they are doing what lots of celebs do, and it's a smart idea. I just wish they could actually branch out and try being involved more with the designing process than just saying yes or no to a product. Chelsea especially doesn't have many skills, and that's an honest skill she could learn and maybe use someday down the line. I'm just thinking of my own experience designing for yearbooks and newspapers...it's so fun! It doesn't take terribly long to do, either, and it's a decent skill to have. I know the professional designers might not see it as worth it to take time out of their day to be a teacher, but if I were Chelsea, I would make it known that I want to be hands on in the process. 

No tea, no shade, but what makes you think C&C have any particular aptitude for or interest in designing? Their situation is literally having a company approach them (I don't believe the story that Chelsea approached them) saying, "Hey, would you be interested in attaching your names to these baby products we're making? We'll give you some money. You don't have to do much besides pretending to work with us on your reality show and plugging the stuff on your SM." So they said yes, filmed some fake scenes for the show, and now they're collecting whatever money the venture is making. I don't see why they wouldn't have taken the deal. They've already sold their privacy and the diaper bag thing is far less of an intrusion into their lives than MTV. In the unlikely event that it takes off and becomes wildly successful, they can figure out whether they have some interest in designing/how they can maximize the opportunity and go from there.

Frankly, neither Chelsea, nor Cole, seems particularly stylish to me and I doubt that they will ever be on the cutting edge of fashion in any sphere. I also doubt that their "brand" will ever catch on in a big way, inspiring millions of C&C fans across the country/globe. That's not who they are and I think they know it. I think they're grateful/surprised to have thousands of fans who genuinely think they're awesome and to make whatever money they can from that. They also have thousands more SM followers who aren't necessarily that into them, but they make money from them too. I think they're well aware that this won't last for long and they're making the most of the opportunities while they can (as they should since they've already sold their privacy).

• Love 11
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

In this case, I think Jenelle needs Barb more than Barb needs her. Barb has been filmed plenty by herself - she is the one raising Jace. David's kids won't really be shown without David. Who does that leave Jenelle to film with? I think that even IF Jenelle left (and I suspect her threats were all bluster), MTV would continue to film Barb and Jace. People are invested in them. Barb even had her own "Being" special. 

I'm definitely more on the side that Barb is simply sucking up to Jenelle because Jenelle is finally being nice to her. It makes me sad, and quite disappointed. 

Well...that makes one of us “invested” in Barb.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Stupid nitwit Leah. Nuva ring was breaking her out. Okay, try something else. They had to take out your IUD? Okay, I bet you can get a new one now. Worried about forgetting to take the pill? Set an alarm on your phone. Or get on the shot and just go every 3 months. None of those appeal to you? Don't like hormonal birth control? Fine. Condoms. Diagram. Plan B is not a smart birth control plan. Idiot.

Does anyone else remember when Leah pulled out her IUD in the bathtub herself?

I think it was when she was wanting to get pregnant with Germy.

2 hours ago, Witchz said:

What is wrong with Kails face? This entire season I have been trying to figure it out - she used to be such a cute girl and now so manly and homely - yikes. 

I have been trying to figure this out too. I think it's fillers. Fillers run amok. AMOK AMOK AMOK (witches? anyone?). 

She's definitely had them in her lips. I'm wondering if she got them in her cheeks as well. She looks puffier than someone who is breastfeeding should be. BTW, is she breastfeeding? I took out my nipple ring entirely when I was because it's too much of a fucking hassle to put it in and take it out all the damn time.  And yet she made it a point to tell us that hers got caught in her sweater last week, which is the same sweater she was wearing this week when Jo and Vee came over. 

Anyway, puffy. Her lips, her cheeks, they're squishing her eyes. She needs to go visit whatever surgeon that Jenelle's producer got her brow lift from. Lay off Dr. Miami and whatever NP is giving you those restalyne shots, Kailyn. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I'm catching up on my shows, so I'm a bit late to the party, but here goes:

Leah. Is. So. Fucking. Stupid. This woman's pushing 30 and can't figure out birth control? Jesus Christ. Oh, and Cerenity with a "C"? Of course, because these people have to pick the most white trash way to spell names as possible. 

I can't hate on Chelsea for the diaper bag thing. She's just doing what every other celebrity does and slapping her name on a product. If she'd claimed the bags were her creations, I'd be side-eyeing, but IIRC, she said it was a collaboration. I was shocked Cole's bag didn't have an American flag theme.

Briana, whatever. 

Kail, whatever.

I think Barb has completely lost me. The "kill Kail" comment was inappropriate but I could've handwaved it because people say stupid shit when they're drunk. But finding out she says similar things to Jace? A kid with a druggie mom and violent stepfather? No, just no. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 11

I can see how C&C's diaper bag adventure looks like them sliding into the embrace of "celeb-reality". It's certainly a path I hope they DON'T take.

But, I was actually a little impressed that they showed the meeting with the reps and were very honest about the fact that they didn't design shit. They just talked with the designers and then chose from amongst what the designers had already created. That's a lot more honest than Janelle or Kail who try to make us believe they've actually developed real makeup formulas or hair care products.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I can't hate on Chelsea for the diaper bag thing. She's just doing what every other celebrity does and slapping her name on a product. If she'd claimed the bags were her creations, I'd be side-eyeing, but IIRC, she said it was a collaboration. I was shocked Cole's bag didn't have an American flag theme.

They are doing what most luxury brands do-license their name and enjoy the proceeds.

While unknown to most consumers, the vast majority of upscale optical and sunglasses frames are actually produced and marketed by three large corporations: Luxottica, Safilo Group and Marcolin. The ‘big three’ enter into licensing deals with luxury brands such as Chanel, Prada and Gucci, who are highly incentivized to leave manufacturing, and even design, to these corporations, which mass produce in Asia and simply slap luxury logos on the finished goods.

These factories also distribute the same exact unbranded goods, but I digress

You can find them all on Aliexpress!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, TheRealT said:

No tea, no shade, but what makes you think C&C have any particular aptitude for or interest in designing? Their situation is literally having a company approach them (I don't believe the story that Chelsea approached them) saying, "Hey, would you be interested in attaching your names to these baby products we're making? We'll give you some money. You don't have to do much besides pretending to work with us on your reality show and plugging the stuff on your SM." So they said yes, filmed some fake scenes for the show, and now they're collecting whatever money the venture is making. I don't see why they wouldn't have taken the deal. They've already sold their privacy and the diaper bag thing is far less of an intrusion into their lives than MTV. In the unlikely event that it takes off and becomes wildly successful, they can figure out whether they have some interest in designing/how they can maximize the opportunity and go from there.

Frankly, neither Chelsea, nor Cole, seems particularly stylish to me and I doubt that they will ever be on the cutting edge of fashion in any sphere. I also doubt that their "brand" will ever catch on in a big way, inspiring millions of C&C fans across the country/globe. That's not who they are and I think they know it. I think they're grateful/surprised to have thousands of fans who genuinely think they're awesome and to make whatever money they can from that. They also have thousands more SM followers who aren't necessarily that into them, but they make money from them too. I think they're well aware that this won't last for long and they're making the most of the opportunities while they can (as they should since they've already sold their privacy).

Oh, I completely agree with all that. I don't see them being amazing at it either, especially after Cole's sock collection. I guess I just want to see them try! It would be cool if they expressed an interest in learning a new skill, even if they weren't great at it. I personally love to learn, so I'd want to be more involved and gain a new skill, but they definitely don't have that personality. It would just be great if they wanted to branch out, since they could conceivably learn a marketable skill for free. 

I can see why the girls who sell hair products or makeup don't learn the business (because duh, they're not chemists), but Chelsea and Cole could still learn design skills without any technical qualifications. Of course, a degree in fashion would help, but they could still learn something.

Or even better, like someone else suggested, let Aubree do it! She's brighter and more inquisitive than the two of them put together, and I bet she would soak it up. She could conceivably start learning about the process now, and be doing original designs by the time she's a teen (if their fame lasts that long). Plus, during college and beyond, having a big foot in the door at Itzy Ritzy might be a great place to look for internships or jobs. Or, well, that's how unemployed me, who wishes I had connections inside more companies, feels about it. 😜

• Love 1

Little vivi, looks so much like Isaac. It's super sweet. 

Now I want a new diaper bag... It maybe just be new cloth slapped on it, but the design is modern and chic and anyone could come up with, which is what they were going for. Where can I find it?

other than that, this episode was more exciting than the rest

• Love 6

When Barb got drunk and said "let's kill Kail," Jenelle said she's from the older generation and doesn't understand the impact of social media.  But David is not so old, and he went on social media threatening to shoot anyone who set foot on his property, including Federal Agents. 

Dumb and Dumber, or perhaps just Drunk and Dumbass.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Vandy10 said:

Well this episode, more than others, certainly had the fingerprints of producers all over it.

The getaway with Janelle and Barb (what a disappointment she was!) was only because there's no one left fo film with Janelle, so producers set up this getaway so they could film somewhere novel with the two of them. 

And Leah's doctor's appointment was clearly set up just for filming. Pretty sure he's not her actual doctor since anyone who's ever met Leah knows not to use the word "efficacy" around her...twice!

That getaway was as sickening as Barb's greasy chin after scarfing that pizza. 

I totally agree about Leah's appointment. That Dr. couldnt get out of there fast enough. Leah is reallllly dense isn't she? She said they had to take out the IUD and told her it would no longer be an option. Then she immediately goes and asks for an IUD.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

Please, please, PLEASE tell me that someone other than David was taking care of Jace while Barb and Jenelle were on their getaway together!! Jenelle “supervising” when she has Jace with David is bad enough. I really hope David isn’t allowed to be alone with Jace. 

I also really hope that Kaiser was with Doris, or at least Nathan during the same time period. 

Holy Shit. I didn't even think of who would have Jace if the both of them were gone. Now I'm terrified. 

• Love 1

I am from Barb's generation. When I was growing up, we said, "I'm gonna kill you!" to each other all the time. Whoever took the last of the Cheerios, I'm gonna kill you! If you don't shut-up and leave me alone, I'm gonna kill you! Of course none of us meant it. We used to slug each other in the arm too or push each other off our bikes. We were little shits to each other. I don't know where we learned it; it might have been from cartoons or the Three Stooges. Other kids talked this way too, it wasn't just my family. Most of us stopped talking that way when we grew up, but when I'm really mad, I probably still say it. "If that mailman lost my package, I'm gonna kill him!" It was silly of Barb to say it, but I think it got blown way out of proportion so they could fill another few minutes of airtime. They are so desperate, these storylines are so incredibly boring and stupid, I expect next week we'll have some drama about how someone's got an ingrown toenail.

Leah's boyfriend looks SO miserable. I bet he stopped fucking her cuz he's scared to death she'll get knocked up. You know that's what this birth control business has been about. Plan B "as needed" means she's been having sex without reliable birth control, multiple times. Why are men so stupid?

Edited by lidarose9
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 17
14 minutes ago, lidarose9 said:

I am from Barb's generation. When I was growing up, we said, "I'm gonna kill you!" to each other all the time. Whoever took the last of the Cheerios, I'm gonna kill you! If you don't shut-up and leave me alone, I'm gonna kill you! Of course none of us meant it. We used to slug each other in the arm too or push each other off our bikes. We were little shits to each other. I don't know where we learned it; it might have been from cartoons or the Three Stooges. Other kids talked this way too, it wasn't just my family. Most of us stopped talking that way when we grew up, but when I'm really mad, I probably still say it. "If that mailman lost my package, I'm gonna kill him!" It was silly of Barb to say it, but I think it got blown way out of proportion so they could fill another few minutes of airtime.

I grew up talking like that as well. Even to this day I might say something like, "Ooooh, If I don't bring back mom's tupperware, she's gonna kill me." 

I don't say it to my kids. Ever. Barb saying something like that to Jace really bothers me. 

I also don't think what she said about Kail is comparable. She was talking to Brittany about hanging out - she said it completely out of nowhere. It wasn't in response to something Kail had done. It wasn't said in an, "Ooooh, I could just kill her" way. 

I don't think she meant it literally, of course. But I think she said it to try and sound cool to both Jenelle and Brittany. She's trying to prove how much she has Jenelle's back. It was really gross. 

• Love 17

Does anyone else think Dirty Jason exclusively wears scrubs because he likes being pegged for a doctor?

It's been mentioned that it's common for pharmaceutical reps to sit in on surgeries, but come on. He just always happens to film on those days? He doesn't have a pair of khakis laying around? Maybe it's normal for the industry, but he gives me poser vibes.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I grew up talking like that as well. Even to this day I might say something like, "Ooooh, If I don't bring back mom's tupperware, she's gonna kill me." 

I don't say it to my kids. Ever. Barb saying something like that to Jace really bothers me. 

I also don't think what she said about Kail is comparable. She was talking to Brittany about hanging out - she said it completely out of nowhere. It wasn't in response to something Kail had done. It wasn't said in an, "Ooooh, I could just kill her" way. 

I don't think she meant it literally, of course. But I think she said it to try and sound cool to both Jenelle and Brittany. She's trying to prove how much she has Jenelle's back. It was really gross. 

Same.  Plus, we can’t forget about this gem. Kail’s minions are defending this one, though  

28CA2156-FC71-468B-A0AE-CA349AD30325.jpeg

• Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:10 PM, Witchz said:

As someone has pointed out in another thread, she has little piggy eyes!  After this was pointed out, it is all I can see.  She has the face of a pig.  She has always had the piggy eyes, but the fillers and whatever else is making them appear smaller and more porcine.

21 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

I am from Barb's generation. When I was growing up, we said, "I'm gonna kill you!" to each other all the time. Whoever took the last of the Cheerios, I'm gonna kill you! If you don't shut-up and leave me alone, I'm gonna kill you! Of course none of us meant it. We used to slug each other in the arm too or push each other off our bikes. We were little shits to each other. I don't know where we learned it; it might have been from cartoons or the Three Stooges. Other kids talked this way too, it wasn't just my family. Most of us stopped talking that way when we grew up, but when I'm really mad, I probably still say it. "If that mailman lost my package, I'm gonna kill him!" It was silly of Barb to say it, but I think it got blown way out of proportion so they could fill another few minutes of airtime. They are so desperate, these storylines are so incredibly boring and stupid, I expect next week we'll have some drama about how someone's got an ingrown toenail.

I still talk this way.  I even say it to my kids, I told them that if the pizza guy didn't show up soon I would kill him and his family.  No one thought I would actually harm the pizza guy or his family.

Although, I do agree with @ghoulina that Barb said it strangely, out of nowhere.  I don't think she meant it at all.  I think she has a weird sense of humor, and it sounded off, but no one was in any danger.  Still a weird thing to bust out with.

19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Does anyone else think Dirty Jason exclusively wears scrubs because he likes being pegged for a doctor?

It's been mentioned that it's common for pharmaceutical reps to sit in on surgeries, but come on. He just always happens to film on those days? He doesn't have a pair of khakis laying around? Maybe it's normal for the industry, but he gives me poser vibes.

YES!  He is so weird, and trying WAY too hard.  Even if he wears the scrubs for surgeries, if he is helping with the equipment or whatever, you do NOT wear scrubs after you leave because they may have blood or something on them!  My friend is a medical sales rep and she would NEVER wear scrubs out and about.  I assume no doctor would wear them after leaving the hospital.  

• Love 15
21 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I have TOTALLY thought this. He is in them ALLLL the time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 4/15/2019 at 8:15 PM, Chickabiddy said:

Please stop me if I got the wrong end of the stick, but....Did Leah actually just say that she ran out of birth control and is using Plan B as neeeded?!?!!’ What the actual fuck?!? Someone please tell me I misheard or am drunk.

Leah’s stupid is about to give me an aneurism. 😳

My BFF did that in a not so subconscious attempt to trap her baby daddy into being with her. She is a now a single mom, but having the baby is actually motivating her to do something with her life (she did always want a baby, so she is taking great care of her with financial/living help from her family). Yes I’ve heard this shit and it’s the stupidest thing in the damn world.

It’s called a CONDOM which are readily accessible OR just wait two hot seconds until you can get to the doctor. The world won’t end if you cannot have vaginal penile intercourse every single day of your life. 

On 4/15/2019 at 8:16 PM, Brooklynista said:

Is Plan B something you can just pop? Why does that make more sense than condoms?

Yes you just take it. It doesn’t make more sense unless you’re trying to get pregnant to trap a stupid man. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 4/15/2019 at 8:22 PM, Chickabiddy said:

I have no idea, but feel like the  name says it all...as in Plan B after Plan A (condoms for example) fails. Maybe my age is showing, but I never thought Plan B was meant to be a default Plan A.

Color me confused. 😯😉

It’s not. It’s “Plan I want to trap the dude by getting pregnant which never works”. 🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

His scrub wearing reminds me of Dirty John.  

MTV is applauding itself for talking about birth control options when basically Leah doesn't even use it and just complained about all of them.

The whole Barb and Jenelle thing was way awkward.  Why did they need to be Live for that long?  So not only were they being filmed but then they were filming themselves?  Their fun seemed strange and fake.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

The whole Barb and Jenelle thing was way awkward.  Why did they need to be Live for that long?  So not only were they being filmed but then they were filming themselves?  Their fun seemed strange and fake.

And why Atlanta? It's not even like they went to that famous Aquarium or any other landmarks. From what I saw, all they did was get plastered in their AirBnB. I guess nobody in the Carolinas was willing to let MTV film for free. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

I always wonder who thinks their life is so super interesting that they need to do an fb live.  Like really?! I'll pass. 

I do Facebook lives on vacation. 😁 usually when something cool is going by. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 4/18/2019 at 9:14 PM, Scarlett45 said:

The world won’t end if you cannot have vaginal penile intercourse every single day of your life. 

Hahahahaha omg this is the best thing I have ever read in my life! Currently laughing my head off. I've never understood this either. It's pretty easy to go a few days without sex. Lots and lots of people are single long term at some point in their lives! I also absolutely love when you try to make this point to someone, and they say something condescending like, "well, when you're in love, it's impossible to wait!" It's called self control. Yes, I've been there. Yes, I've managed to abstain when needed. What's going to happen when you get pregnant and can't have sex for six weeks after the baby is born? You'll have to wait then, so wait a damn few days to go to the doctor! Or...condoms! People act like if you have any self control at all, you're being unreasonable, or you don't understand. Plenty of people have been completely single two or three years, and not died from it. Those are ironically the people who really should be in relationships (if they want to, of course) because they have some concept of delaying gratification, sacrifice, and independence. Yet men constantly seek out really needy and clingy women who can't function on their own, and definitely can't wait a few days for sex!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Hahahahaha omg this is the best thing I have ever read in my life! Currently laughing my head off. I've never understood this either. It's pretty easy to go a few days without sex. Lots and lots of people are single long term at some point in their lives! I also absolutely love when you try to make this point to someone, and they say something condescending like, "well, when you're in love, it's impossible to wait!" It's called self control. Yes, I've been there. Yes, I've managed to abstain when needed. What's going to happen when you get pregnant and can't have sex for six weeks after the baby is born? You'll have to wait then, so wait a damn few days to go to the doctor! Or...condoms! People act like if you have any self control at all, you're being unreasonable, or you don't understand. Plenty of people have been completely single two or three years, and not died from it. Those are ironically the people who really should be in relationships (if they want to, of course) because they have some concept of delaying gratification, sacrifice, and independence. Yet men constantly seek out really needy and clingy women who can't function on their own, and definitely can't wait a few days for sex!

On a serious note, don’t think this is applicable to Leah’s situation, but when I hear about women who say “oh he won’t wait” I worry they are in an abusive relationship and fear their husbands/boyfriends. A classmate of mine realized her husband was abusive and not just “intense” when he raped her THREE WEEKS after she gave birth to their son. (May these types burn in Hell). She got away from him and is doing well now. 

Best case Leah (and Leah types) are just immature, worse case they act this way because they fear they will be attacked if they don’t have sex with their boyfriend or he would rape/sexually assault them. It’s awful we have to think this way, but I think a big part of being in a healthy relationship is being able to advocate for yourself and your needs- taking care of your heath is important and any guy who actually cares about you wouldn’t want you to comprise that for HIS pleasure. People can wait two damn seconds. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I thought Cole and Chelsea bought a BIG house in the middle of nowhere.  They all seem to be jammed into one little room???

If you browse the Chelsea thread, I posted the link that has pictures of her new house. It's comfortable, but not particularly big. I think the square footage was around 2500. For some reason it looks ginormous when they show the back of it on establishing shots.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

If you browse the Chelsea thread, I posted the link that has pictures of her new house. It's comfortable, but not particularly big. I think the square footage was around 2500. For some reason it looks ginormous when they show the back of it on establishing shots.

That is a nice size house.  It looks nice.  I bet it's just easier to film in the kitchen and living room. And that is all we ever saw of the old house too. 

• Love 4
On 4/16/2019 at 8:14 AM, Linny said:

It's unfortunate that removing David from the show and putting greater emphasis on Barb is beginning to reveal some really ugly facets of her character. Getting drunk and silly on Instagram with Jenelle and teasing that she'd like to kill Kail is wrong, no matter how flippant the tone. If David had said that, Barb would have justifiably been aghast, and I don't think Barb should get a pass just because her words don't carry any undercurrent of a legitimate threat of follow-through. It also bothers me that Barb places so much blame on Kail for starting drama and acts like Jenelle is a victim even after the fire-starting video. Appearing on camera with Jenelle and joking about killing Kail is Barb giving her tacit approval of Jenelle's behavior, and it belies Barb's point that she wasn't serious. If I were Kail, it'd be hard for me to brush off a threat as idle when it's taken in conjunction with video of Jenelle gleefully setting Kail's stuff on fire (as well as the many photos of Jenelle and David with firearms). I think Barb is letting her desperation to maintain a relationship with Jenelle eclipse all her better judgment, and it's starting to tarnish the reputation she's built over the years as the solid parent we should all be rooting for.

I can't believe Barb is all indignant about people being upset about this.  If someone had said this about Jenelle, both Barb and Jenelle would hit the roof and flip out about it.  But since THEY did it, no biggie.  

On 4/16/2019 at 8:32 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Why does no one use a diaphragm any more? Easy to use, easy to maintain, drug free, always there and ready. Leah is an idiot, for real.

She can't manage to feed her kids warm food in a bowl and you expect her to remember to put a diaphragm IN before they have sex?  Also, she can't manage to remember the pill, so, she'd probably lose the diaphragm.  Leah just needs to have her tubes tied.  

On 4/16/2019 at 8:57 PM, BitterApple said:

Cole said he tried really hard to avoid doing the flag theme.  

On 4/17/2019 at 1:55 PM, ghoulina said:

I will frequently say something along those lines, my husband has a tendency to leave stuff in places it shouldn't be, where it is in my way.  I will ask him to move it, after about the third time, it becomes "I swear if you don't get this crap off of the counter I'm going to kill you"  We both know I'm not going to actually do anything.  I've also been known to say that I'm so furious at someone I could have killed them.  But, Barb's comment didn't come across in either of those ways, it was weird and random and it was also very, very public.  Me saying a random thing to my husband who knows I've asked him to do something for a few days is different than Barb going on tv/FB live and saying she's going to kill Kail, while Kail isn't even part of the conversation.

On 4/17/2019 at 3:24 PM, BitterApple said:

I've never known a pharmaceutical rep to wear scrubs, every time I see one, they are dressed to the nines in office clothing.  But, I guess I could see changing into scrubs if you were going to be in an operating room to talk to a dr.  Still, wouldn't you have to put on fresh scrubs in order to preserve the environment? You couldn't just roll in with your scrubs you've worn all around town all day, right?  And then, I'd imagine the facility would want their scrubs back.  Plus, a random pet peeve that I don't understand, if he DID wear the scrubs into an OR, why would you WANT to wear them around your home?  I watch reality shows and drs come home in their scrubs and then go lay on their beds or sit on their couches without changing and I'm all like "GROSS! You work in the ER! GERMS! PUKE! BLOOD! Get that shit off your couch!"  My husband manages a manufacturing facility and the clothes he wears to work don't come anywhere near our furniture, as I'm not risking that crap getting on it.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, smores said:

I can't believe Barb is all indignant about people being upset about this.  If someone had said this about Jenelle, both Barb and Jenelle would hit the roof and flip out about it.  But since THEY did it, no biggie.  

She can't manage to feed her kids warm food in a bowl and you expect her to remember to put a diaphragm IN before they have sex?  Also, she can't manage to remember the pill, so, she'd probably lose the diaphragm.  Leah just needs to have her tubes tied.  

Cole said he tried really hard to avoid doing the flag theme.  

I will frequently say something along those lines, my husband has a tendency to leave stuff in places it shouldn't be, where it is in my way.  I will ask him to move it, after about the third time, it becomes "I swear if you don't get this crap off of the counter I'm going to kill you"  We both know I'm not going to actually do anything.  I've also been known to say that I'm so furious at someone I could have killed them.  But, Barb's comment didn't come across in either of those ways, it was weird and random and it was also very, very public.  Me saying a random thing to my husband who knows I've asked him to do something for a few days is different than Barb going on tv/FB live and saying she's going to kill Kail, while Kail isn't even part of the conversation.

I've never known a pharmaceutical rep to wear scrubs, every time I see one, they are dressed to the nines in office clothing.  But, I guess I could see changing into scrubs if you were going to be in an operating room to talk to a dr.  Still, wouldn't you have to put on fresh scrubs in order to preserve the environment? You couldn't just roll in with your scrubs you've worn all around town all day, right?  And then, I'd imagine the facility would want their scrubs back.  Plus, a random pet peeve that I don't understand, if he DID wear the scrubs into an OR, why would you WANT to wear them around your home?  I watch reality shows and drs come home in their scrubs and then go lay on their beds or sit on their couches without changing and I'm all like "GROSS! You work in the ER! GERMS! PUKE! BLOOD! Get that shit off your couch!"  My husband manages a manufacturing facility and the clothes he wears to work don't come anywhere near our furniture, as I'm not risking that crap getting on it.

Exactly!! I agree.  Change your nasty clothes , Leah's boyfriend!! But really, I think about about all that as well.  

• Love 4
On 4/20/2019 at 7:55 PM, BitterApple said:

I spent some time searching but no luck!

On 4/15/2019 at 9:29 PM, ghoulina said:

At any rate, I don't like Kail, but the "kill" comment was a bad look. A "joking tone" can't just erase completely inappropriate words. And the fact that Barb talks to Jace like that just makes her look WORSE, IMO.

I love the "IMO."   Some things are just fact.

On 4/16/2019 at 8:14 AM, Linny said:

It's unfortunate that removing David from the show and putting greater emphasis on Barb is beginning to reveal some really ugly facets of her character.

I don't think it's unfortunate because (1) David is removed from the show, and (2) Barb's true character is being revealed.

On 4/16/2019 at 12:32 PM, kicksave said:

I used to admire Barb for stepping up and taking care of Jace and making sure he had a safe place to grow up and be nurtured but now I just find Barb to be a phony who puts her relationship with Jenelle ahead of Jace.

Glad to see you're coming around to where I've been for a long time.  She's always done whatever it takes to keep Jenelle in her life, regardless of the deleterious effects on Jace.  I, personally, think it should be the other way around and have always judged her harshly for it. 

On 4/16/2019 at 1:08 PM, Dance4Life said:

Farrah also branded products.....especially her sexy toys.

My recollection is that she not only branded products, but used her own body parts as the mold.  I think I might prefer that she just slap her name on something.

• Love 2

So I’ve expressed the (pretty unpopular) opinion for years that the toxic mess that is Janelle cane from some place and that place is the toxic mess that is Barbara. And yup. Barbara is trash. Barbara knows about social media. She was just drunk. And while I don’t think it was a serious threat, it’s not the same as joking with a friend or family member. I do that all the time with “fight me.” I don’t, however, say it to it about people that I’m not close to.  I would be very upset if someone I work with that I didn’t have a great relationship with got drunk and said they would kill me on social media. Not because I would think it’s a serious threat, but because what the fuck? In many companies what Barbara did would be a pretty serious HR issue. Barbara doesn’t get credit for Kali being an unpleasant person.

i also just didn’t get that trip at all. They flew to Atlanta to go shopping and get drunk in an Air B&B? Huh? Is that all they did? Was there more that was going to be filmed before the whole social media thing? What an odd vacation.