Type keyword(s) to search

Wife Swap - General Discussion

InDueTime
  • Start Topic

Wife Swap (the non-celebrity version), which used to air on ABC, makes a return on the Paramount Network.

I just find out a few days ago that the show returned and that this network existed. It premiered April 4th.

More info here: https://www.paramountnetwork.com/shows/wife-swap

Episode 1: I did not expect that ending. 

Spoiler

The parents of the perfectionist family split up and start new relationships. 😮 I know it happens, but it surprised me. I hope the kids are okay.

• Love 5

I think this gay couple is way too uptight for this kinda show. (It's also hilarious that during the rule switch the switched gay guy is going on about chores and shit when they have just two babies and a damn nanny.)

• Love 3

Did anyone else notice the 2 oldest daughters from the religious  family of 8 calling the dad by his first name? 

And I had no idea people hire someone to come to their house once a week to scoop up dog poop, these guys must have money to burn.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, AZ Curls said:

Did anyone else notice the 2 oldest daughters from the religious  family of 8 calling the dad by his first name? 

And I had no idea people hire someone to come to their house once a week to scoop up dog poop, these guys must have money to burn.

I caught that too! That seemed out-of-character for a super religious family.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, AZ Curls said:

They don't.  Jarius said he made Nina pick up the poops to get back at her for saying that being gay is a sin.  She forgave him and said that what he has to go through by being black and gay has made him defensive.  I disagree.  He is just a nasty piece of work.  His husband Terrell on the other hand, seems amiable.  

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Adeejay said:

They don't.  Jarius said he made Nina pick up the poops to get back at her for saying that being gay is a sin.  She forgave him and said that what he has to go through by being black and gay has made him defensive.  I disagree.  He is just a nasty piece of work.  His husband Terrell on the other hand, seems amiable.  

I’m going with he is just a nasty piece of shit. 😮

• Love 3

I was also not surprised the perfectionist mom and her checked-out husband got divorced. I am hopeful the kids will gradually move over to live with their dad. I am guessing he fits the role of "Disneyland Dad" quite well.

I was kind-of surprised she found a new guy who will accept all of her baggage, though. She is a LOT. 

ETA: Jarius was a nasty person. It's not that he is "protective" of his kids, it's that she was a white, religious person whom he judged JUST as harshly.

Edited by stephinmn
  • Love 4

HELLO!

I had to track down the Wife Swap thread on Page Three of Candid Reality and drag it up to the top.  I didn't want anyone to miss the professional educator paired up with the manbun father who homeschools his children that the earth may be flat and space travel may be fictitious.   After all, no one's proven TO HIM.  Why should he believe a bunch of scientists, just because they have an education?  (Of course the teacher/mother doesn't hug her children, which makes homeschool swap wife cry.)  Additional episode highlights:  "I don't know what gravity is."  "This is a leaf."

There's also an episode with a military (macho asshole) guy who has to be nice to a wife from a same-sex marriage.  That's the one that caught my attention.  Heh.  Gay marriage was probably the defibrillator that shocked this series back to life.

• Love 3
On 2/21/2020 at 2:32 PM, candall said:

HELLO!

I had to track down the Wife Swap thread on Page Three of Candid Reality and drag it up to the top.  I didn't want anyone to miss the professional educator paired up with the manbun father who homeschools his children that the earth may be flat and space travel may be fictitious.   After all, no one's proven TO HIM.  Why should he believe a bunch of scientists, just because they have an education?  (Of course the teacher/mother doesn't hug her children, which makes homeschool swap wife cry.)  Additional episode highlights:  "I don't know what gravity is."  "This is a leaf."

There's also an episode with a military (macho asshole) guy who has to be nice to a wife from a same-sex marriage.  That's the one that caught my attention.  Heh.  Gay marriage was probably the defibrillator that shocked this series back to life.

Mr manbun was absolutely godawful. I was tbh surprised he married a black woman as uh those types don't usually go outside their race.

• Love 1

Watching ManBun v. Teacher.  Teacher didn't even try to pretend to hide her disgust when arriving at the home.  It's telling that Teacher didn't have any emotional response when she found out that they lost a child.  HomeschoolMom seems very loving but just kind of there.  ManBun is ridiculous on the nature walk.

On 4/14/2019 at 1:34 PM, InDueTime said:

Wife Swap (the non-celebrity version), which used to air on ABC, makes a return on the Paramount Network.

I just find out a few days ago that the show returned and that this network existed. It premiered April 4th.

More info here: https://www.paramountnetwork.com/shows/wife-swap

Episode 1: I did not expect that ending. 

Hide contents

The parents of the perfectionist family split up and start new relationships. 😮 I know it happens, but it surprised me. I hope the kids are okay.

Wait wait?????? Which family was that? Lots of perfectionists on the show.

On 2/27/2020 at 7:53 PM, SuzySmith said:

Watching ManBun v. Teacher.  Teacher didn't even try to pretend to hide her disgust when arriving at the home.  It's telling that Teacher didn't have any emotional response when she found out that they lost a child.  HomeschoolMom seems very loving but just kind of there.  ManBun is ridiculous on the nature walk.

He didn't seem to know anything about botany while supposedly homeschooling about nature.

He wad the type of moron who was to stupid to figure out that the world isn't limited to what he is capable of understanding. 

I know quite a bit of physics,  I could have made him understand the intuitive, experience based reasons why the earth has to be round.

• Love 2
On 3/5/2020 at 9:40 PM, PupCal said:

Even if I weren't a Satanist, this "christian" family would piss me off.

I was rooting for the Satanists but this bunch was neurotic, whiny and immature. The household vibe was lazy and emo. The witch was very meak compared to the pastors who were overbearing 

On 4/26/2019 at 8:38 AM, AZ Curls said:

They had way too many dogs, if I had 8 kids I sure wouldn't have pets.