Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Tell All: Part 1

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

That's a possibility. Also possible that as she ages, gravity is taking more of a toll on her body. I think her exercise efforts with the trainer took place in 2012 or 2013 when she was closer to 40 than 50. I feel bad for anyone that big; everything must take such an extra effort so it's no wonder she tires so easily. I will snark with the best of you about the Strive business because it's a joke (kind of a sick one), but I do have compassion for Janelle.

100%

I am pushing 40, starting to see a few signs of peri menopause, and recently had to move heaven and earth to lose 10 pounds. It took so much effort. I feel for her being, I assume, in menopause and needing to lose a good 100 pounds.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Yes it was a large house, they were still looking for rentals to live in until their homes were built.  They only had it for a month.

Wow Pickle, you and Tuxcat have far better memories than me.  I didn't remember that but it wouldn't have been too big a stretch for them, given that they had just come from Lehi, where 3 of the families had shared a home.  I do recall that they rented a Lehi home for Robyn because there wasn't enough room for her and her 3 kids.  So now it looks like Robyn shared living accommodations with the rest of the group for 1 month, didn't like it and they have been living separately ever since.  That seems to be the beginning of the end of them all living as one harmonious family and possibly why they didn't even consider one giant house for all 4 families in LV.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Wow Pickle, you and Tuxcat have far better memories than me.  I didn't remember that but it wouldn't have been too big a stretch for them, given that they had just come from Lehi, where 3 of the families had shared a home.  I do recall that they rented a Lehi home for Robyn because there wasn't enough room for her and her 3 kids.  So now it looks like Robyn shared living accommodations with the rest of the group for 1 month, didn't like it and they have been living separately ever since.  That seems to be the beginning of the end of them all living as one harmonious family and possibly why they didn't even consider one giant house for all 4 families in LV.

LOL. I only remember because I recently re-watched a few early seasons.  Yes, they rented one large house. But it had a very short contract - I think 30 days is right - so they were pressured to move out and find the 4 rentals. They went on and on and on about how important it was to have "access" to each other and all the kids. They were horrified when Meri's was one mile away from the others.

IIRC Meri was the last to leave the rental.

Guess who moved out first?  Yup Robyn! So she didn't even make it 30 days living together.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I just started watching this season and I saw the FT and Mykelti wedding rerun yesterday. Did FT and Mykelti get any more airtime after the wedding? I ask because they were making FT out to be the best SIL anyone could ever hope for and I thought he was a total jerkoff. Wasn't crazy bout Mykelti either.

• Love 6

I also share compassion for Janelle with her weight issue, however, she really has had access to the best in counseling, trainer, proper foods, time to devote to better health, etc.  She really has everything at her disposal to eat more healthy.  So, to me, it's on her to actually do it.  Instead, she just pays it lip service. Maybe, she's living in a fantasy land about it. 

• Love 11

Re: living in one big house however many years ago.

Evidently their relationships haven’t even improved since then if they are unwilling to do it again. They can’t even say, “that was then, this is now. While this isn’t an ideal situation, we can suck it up and live together for a few months.”

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Re: living in one big house however many years ago.

Evidently their relationships haven’t even improved since then if they are unwilling to do it again. They can’t even say, “that was then, this is now. While this isn’t an ideal situation, we can suck it up and live together for a few months.”

And, I'm not really sure what it is about them that finds the other so intolerable.  Is is that they just don't have a genuine love for their sister wives OR are they just such big tv stars now,that living communally is beneath them?

• Love 4

I had to backtrack and read some of the golden comments I missed from the Tell-Nothingk Part 1.  Also, someone upthread mentioned the FT pic, and wowza.  That boy is gunning for a My 600 Pound Life slot.  I couldn't tell if he got rid of his fish whiskers, and I agree that he's looking more womanish than ever (must be the hairdo!)  FT, get off your banker duff and get some exercise.  Walking whilst shoving street tacos in your maw doesn't count.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I'm careful what I say about Tony.  I do not want to seem insensitive or presumptuous, but, I do wonder if what we are seeing is on purpose. I don't want to make any assumptions about him that are not accurate, but, he must read the comments throughout social media.  I think many are confused.  But, if there are no words from him or his wife, then, I guess, I'll have to keep my suspicions to myself. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

They can never live in one big house because the wives will never admit the obvious. They want individual homes so, when it is their night for Kody, they can pretend they are in a monogamous relationship and not a polygamist one. They don’t have to see Kody go into another wife’s bedroom and admit their husband is bonking someone else. I think Janelle is the only one who wouldn’t care. For all their pontificating on the “merits” of polygamy, I think Meri, Christine and Robyn would say yes immediately to being in a monogamous relationship with Kody. 

What I find interesting is the the kids don’t seem to spend a lot of time with the kids from the other moms. When we talk about their social media it’s always a post with their sibling from the same mom. From what we see the kids do get along but there are so many in the same age range yet it’s only with their full sibling they seem to be hanging out. 

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

They can never live in one big house because the wives will never admit the obvious. They want individual homes so, when it is their night for Kody, they can pretend they are in a monogamous relationship and not a polygamist one. They don’t have to see Kody go into another wife’s bedroom and admit their husband is bonking someone else. I think Janelle is the only one who wouldn’t care. For all their pontificating on the “merits” of polygamy, I think Meri, Christine and Robyn would say yes immediately to being in a monogamous relationship with Kody. 

What I find interesting is the the kids don’t seem to spend a lot of time with the kids from the other moms. When we talk about their social media it’s always a post with their sibling from the same mom. From what we see the kids do get along but there are so many in the same age range yet it’s only with their full sibling they seem to be hanging out. 

I absolutely agree about the women. I guess I’ll have to eat my (or your, LOL) words if they agree to Kody’s Monstrosity Mansion but I bet that will never happen. 

• Love 5

Just watched this on YouTube. 

Robyn really can’t just shut up about things that have nothing to do with her. While discussing moving 19 times, there she sat, looking like a bobble head, and talked as if she was part of it all.

Now that I know they rented one house together when they moved to Vegas.......Robyn had a rental in Utah, moved to rental #1 in Vegas, then rental # 2 in Vegas, to the house she bought, and now to Flagstaff. Correct? 

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

They did sort of talk about that - how now that they're actually farther apart they tend to seek each other out at school. Maddie even said in vegas when everyone lived so close the relationships with each of the kids just wasn't there because they saw each other all the time. 

I was hoping we'd hear more from each kid on how they are dealing with the move now. Especially Gabe.  Does he actually like it now that he's been there awhile? Is he back in wrestling?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Just watched this on YouTube. 

Robyn really can’t just shut up about things that have nothing to do with her. While discussing moving 19 times, there she sat, looking like a bobble head, and talked as if she was part of it all.

Now that I know they rented one house together when they moved to Vegas.......Robyn had a rental in Utah, moved to rental #1 in Vegas, then rental # 2 in Vegas, to the house she bought, and now to Flagstaff. Correct? 

That's all I can remember.  She irritates the hell out of me with her pretending she "shoulda been together from day 1."  That creepy drawing of Kootie with her kids when they were small is proof - that woman is magical and can rewrite history (snort, cough, cough.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

That's what I thought too. There is no way they can live under one roof when they share a man. Having him screwing your sister-wife right next door/down the hall? Is he having a better time with her? He's smiling! What does that mean? He spends more time over there...or worse "ALL WE DO IS SLEEP! IS HE ACTUALLY...?!?!" And your day, your week, your life, is ruined.

OOH! AND...Imagine having to watch your husband fondle, caress, etc. another woman? You're all making dinner and he puts his hands on Robyn's hips and nuzzles her neck from the back and she smiles all Robyn-ie...

Torture...especially when all he does on YOUR nights is sleep and is always (in my imagination) happy to be with you cause he can get some REST in your bed... Okay, I'll stop now...

Crap like that. And Robyn being the favorite and official wife? He'd spend the majority of his downtime on her side of the house, wouldn't he? I remember that other Plyg show, forget the name, only lasted what? 2 seasons? There was one scene that made me quit watching forever when the prettiest/favorite wife would call the husband when he was in bed with one of the other wives to do things like check the windows or doors because she was scared and heard a noise. And he'd go. And not come back to the other wife's bed. Even though it was her turn. Oh, the look of defeat on her face made me say "THAT'S IT, WHAT ELSE IS ON? I NEED A COMEDY!"

Edited by hnygrl
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

The fact that Christine "had" to buy a house and Robyn rented Flagstaff's version of the Taj Mahal is just so much BS to wade through. 

Christine claimed it was because there were ABSOLUTELY NO HOUSES in Flagstaff that would rent to someone with a pet. None.  Nada.  Zip.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I did a 10-second Google search of rentals in Flagstaff, AZ:

Zillow had 66 houses for rent

Trulia had 106 apartments for rent

Rent.com had 28 houses for rent

Now, I realize that most of these probably weren't up to the queenly standards set by our beloved Sister Wives.  I'm sure some of them were too small, had no trees or angels, lacked a wet bar, etc.  But when you have four houses to sell and four new houses to build, most sane, non-delusional people would take something smaller or consolidate somehow.  The fact that Christine "had" to buy a house and Robyn rented Flagstaff's version of the Taj Mahal is just so much BS to wade through.  These people.

True.  I also googled around to check on mobile home parks.  If they moved into a mobile home park and rented, they could have stayed close together and Kody could have run from trailer to trailer.  There are some nice ones and they sound quite lovely.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I couldn’t get over how bad the lead was. She’d say bullshit like she was the greatest therapist of all time. It was like comedy. Who is this hack and how can I land this job?  I’d ask real questions.

Meri is excited because she got asked to dinner.  That relationship is gone.  I felt she was hurt by a few things he said (rightfully so).

It was such a tell-nothing  They are boring and deserve to be canceled.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

True.  I also googled around to check on mobile home parks.  If they moved into a mobile home park and rented, they could have stayed close together and Kody could have run from trailer to trailer.  There are some nice ones and they sound quite lovely.  

A trailer?  A TRAILER?  Bahhahahahaha  NEVER GONNA HAPPEN said the Browns.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Sokoke said:

A trailer?  A TRAILER?  Bahhahahahaha  NEVER GONNA HAPPEN said the Browns.

I know they may be too fancy for something like this, but, some have pool, club house, tennis courts, paved streets, sewer, water, AND TREES!

• LOL 5
16 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I know they may be too fancy for something like this, but, some have pool, club house, tennis courts, paved streets, sewer, water, AND TREES!

Yes but the singingK... 

The only singingK would be 3 trailers down because gramma scored a bottle of 2-Buck Chuck 

• LOL 5
55 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

I couldn’t get over how bad the lead was. She’d say bullshit like she was the greatest therapist of all time. It was like comedy. Who is this hack and how can I land this job?  I’d ask real questions.

Meri is excited because she got asked to dinner.  That relationship is gone.  I felt she was hurt by a few things he said (rightfully so).

I felt like smacking Meri during the TH as she sat there sweetly urging him for tidbits of affection.

If I was Meri I'd pay him to stay the hell away.... I mean can you imagine that smarmy jackass sitting back in the bed while she grovels and tries to please him?

Ugh! Nope not happening... Not on my watch!

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I felt like smacking Meri during the TH as she sat there sweetly urging him for tidbits of affection.

If I was Meri I'd pay him to stay the hell away.... I mean can you imagine that smarmy jackass sitting back in the bed while she grovels and tries to please him?

I would too but we aren’t married into this bullshit.  If it were me I’d yell I was duped by a woman posing as a man I’m beaten down.  I sent banana pics I reached such a low for fucks sake  

They all, man included, seem miserable. If this was the avenue to introduce us ignorants to polygamy I can’t imagine a worse platform. They don’t want to live together, they don’t like each other and they’re all dramatic and sad sacks at the same time. Even the kids suck. “They’re tall here”. Riveting. 

Other bursts into fake tears to where I had to look away it was so fake and poorly done. I hope he’s not holding out for his Emmy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

when they were checking out the land together, she was leaning into him, and he said "are you cold"  and she said "I just want to be close to you" (something like that) and the very next thing we see is him taking his arm away.  PAINFUL.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

I would too but we aren’t married into this bullshit.  If it were me I’d yell I was duped by a woman posing as a man I’m beaten down.  I sent banana pics I reached such a low for fucks sake  

They all, man included, seem miserable. If this was the avenue to introduce us ignorants to polygamy I can’t imagine a worse platform. They don’t want to live together, they don’t like each other and they’re all dramatic and sad sacks at the same time. Even the kids suck. “They’re tall here”. Riveting. 

Other bursts into fake tears to where I had to look away it was so fake and poorly done. I hope he’s not holding out for his Emmy.

Yes exactly and your comments need repeating... you hit the nail on the head!

The wives can barely stand each other so much so that merely running in to each other while accessing a garage would be totally unacceptable... What the hell.. I can't think of a single person that grates on me so badly that it would be unbearable to share the same access to a garage.

Meri wants nothing to do with raising the other wives children yet they pushed that as one of the benefits, along with the benefit of never being alone and always having a friend you can talk to if you're down or need a shoulder to cry on... more BS.

In all the years of watching this show I haven't seen one damn thing about their life that I'd want to duplicate.

Their children seem deprived of any actual attention or one on one time.... and that makes sense because I can't imagine having that many kids and giving them the personal encouragement and nurturing they deserve.... there's simply not enough hours in the day to do so.

I worry about medical problems involving the kids because they seem to spend a lot of time hunting for QUACKS... It really pisses me off when Christine downplays the actual doctors advice and sits there singingk the praises of some PVC contraption and exercises. 

They have more problems and spend more time arguing and or crying than anyone I've ever known.... maybe they should look into monogamy because their life sucks and looks horrible.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

She really has everything at her disposal to eat more healthy.

What Las Vegas lacks in farmer’s markets, it makes up for with 3 Whole Foods markets, numerous health food stores as well as reasonably priced healthy restaurant options that a lazy ass like Janelle could have delivered just as easy as a pizza.

Even the cheapest Buffet in town, and there are plenty, has more healthy options than she obviously has at home.

10 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

I think Janelle is the only one who wouldn’t care.

I think it’s interesting that Janelle is the only one of the four wives who didn’t grow up in a polygamist household.  She didn’t get the grooming by her polygamist elders that the jealousy and tortured feelings about your husband’s other wives is part and parcel of the religious precept they follow.  It isn’t supposed to be easy-just like childbirth as much as possible hurts like hell and risks your life-it’s the sacrifice you make to do God’s (and your own personal priesthusband’s) will and if you aren’t suffering, well then what sort of sacrifice is that?

The whole point is to be long-suffering and “keep sweet” and obey the patriarchy. Women, in their set-up, pursue and propose marriage to the man they agree to be subservient to, have as many of his offspring as possible, and be bonded together forever and ever even after they get to his planet, regardless of how many wives he accumulates and/or actually has intimate relations with.

Its no wonder the Brown boys grow up and disappear.  Maybe they’d like to be the one to show interest in and/or ask a girl out without being shamed for behaving in a gross and disgustink manner by their parents?  The girls so far have toe’d the proverbial line...seek out a mate and tell them when the date is, ASAP.

Edited by kicotan
Clarity
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

I think the lead lands the gig as punishment. 

54 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

Personally, i think the women were happier when it was just the original 3 in the home in Lehi (spelling?!?!).  The whole catfish thing has been overdone soooooo much. It needs to stop. But it's their bread and butter.  TLC  just needs to shut it down.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, kicotan said:

I think it’s interesting that Janelle is the only one of the four wives who didn’t grow up in a polygamist household.  She didn’t get the grooming by her polygamist elders that the jealousy and tortured feelings about your husband’s other wives is part and parcel of the religious precept they follow.  It isn’t supposed to be easy-just like childbirth as much as possible hurts like hell and risks your life-it’s the sacrifice you make to do God’s (and your own personal priesthusband’s) will and if you aren’t suffering, well then what sort of sacrifice is that?

Maybe she wanted to be married and have kids without having to spend a lot of time on her husband? I am certain poly marriages are difficult, I certainly couldn't deal with it, but maybe one night a week sleeping next to Kody is enough for her? She half-asses everything else in her life, why not outsource some of the affectionate parts of a marriage? Even her wedding dress was half-assed.

Now, my partner and I are completely hooked on each other and codependent (we are spending a few nights apart for the first time in more than a year due to an illness in the family, and it's pure torture), but I've been in relationships where a night away from the partner was pure unadulterated bliss. I could never share my partner with anyone, but if I were married to someone like Kody I would relish my nights off.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Maybe she wanted to be married and have kids without having to spend a lot of time on her husband? I am certain poly marriages are difficult, I certainly couldn't deal with it, but maybe one night a week sleeping next to Kody is enough for her? She half-asses everything else in her life, why not outsource some of the affectionate parts of a marriage? Even her wedding dress was half-assed.

Exactly.

I think this type of arrangement fit the bill for her, in WAY many more ways than a traditional monogamist situation.  The whole spiritual/religious aspect was just the sprinkles on top.  She even peaced out from the whole fambly for a while before WonderChin showed up, so maybe the more wives he has the happier she is?  She’s totally cool with there being other moms for her kids to hang out with because then that’s less time she has to actually be present and be a parent in their lives. I didn’t believe her “wanting to parent her child” and brief moment of participation as supporting Gabe in his drama sequence as they prepared to head east for a minute.

The other three, however, strike me as the dyed-in-the-wool types.  For generations most likely.  Since they don’t seem to be particularly bright, they can pat themselves on the back that they at least got one thing right-hitching their wagon to a polygamist priesthusband and being his breeders so they will get access to the afterlife of their dreams.  Whatever suffering they go through in this life is the price they pay for admission.

Edited by kicotan
Grammar
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m sure a trailer would give Queen Sobbin’ flashbacks of her abusive years married to Cookie Monster, too painful to endure...

• LOL 12
9 hours ago, kicotan said:

Exactly.

I think this type of arrangement fit the bill for her, in WAY many more ways than a traditional monogamist situation.

I have always thought that if Janelle were honest, she'd play for the other team.  There is ZERO romantic chemistry between her and Kody and it's been that way from Day One.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, kicotan said:

Exactly.

I think this type of arrangement fit the bill for her, in WAY many more ways than a traditional monogamist situation.  The whole spiritual/religious aspect was just the sprinkles on top.  She even peaced out from the whole fambly for a while before WonderChin showed up, so maybe the more wives he has the happier she is?  She’s totally cool with there being other moms for her kids to hang out with because then that’s less time she has to actually be present and be a parent in their lives. I didn’t believe her “wanting to parent her child” and brief moment of participation as supporting Gabe in his drama sequence as they prepared to head east for a minute.

The other three, however, strike me as the dyed-in-the-wool types.  For generations most likely.  Since they don’t seem to be particularly bright, they can pat themselves on the back that they at least got one thing right-hitching their wagon to a polygamist priesthusband and being his breeders so they will get access to the afterlife of their dreams.  Whatever suffering they go through in this life is the price they pay for admission.

I agree with this. Can anyone share the story about when Janelle left the family? It was brushed over by the show and I don't know the circumstances. How long was she gone?

I only remember her saying she had feelings of jealousy one time. It was when Robyn was on the 11 day honeymoon. Janelle said she didn't normally need or want extended time or affection. But for the first time it was hard to see things Kody had with Robyn - and not with her. Other than that one time in her life, I think she mostly is fine with an intermittent non affectionate relationship. Or at least that's what she tells herself. It's more than likely some coping mechanism. Her wall is up - it's easier that way - and no risk to getting hurt. She can't form close relationships with anyone. There must be a reason for that?

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I agree with this. Can anyone share the story about when Janelle left the family? It was brushed over by the show and I don't know the circumstances. How long was she gone?

She stayed gone for more than two years - Christine was her child care and home schooled her kids that whole time.

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

I only remember her saying she had feelings of jealousy one time. It was when Robyn was on the 11 day honeymoon. Janelle said she didn't normally need or want extended time or affection. But for the first time it was hard to see things Kody had with Robyn - and not with her. Other than that one time in her life, I think she mostly is fine with an intermittent non affectionate relationship. Or at least that's what she tells herself. It's more than likely some coping mechanism. Her wall is up - it's easier that way - and no risk to getting hurt. She can't form close relationships with anyone. There must be a reason for that?

I've never read the book, only excerpts that have been quoted, so someone else please jump in if I get things wrong.

Meri had made life so miserable for Janelle, that she packed up her kids and moved to her mother's home, she was employed, (I think that was her government job) and within a short period of time, managed to buy a home for herself.  She was apparently still on the rotation schedule because she became pregnant with Savanah during that time.

When Kody was in talks to put the show together, he begged Janelle to return to the fold and although I have never heard this expressed, part of the reason she returned may have been the fact that the show income would relieve the financial demands on her, because at that time she was the only one with a reliable job.  Meri was employed as a counselor to at-risk kids and Kody had his Liv Water MLM and his sign sales job but Janelle's job offered more security and benefits.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
On 4/17/2019 at 6:34 AM, Mr. Minor said:

I ask because they were making FT out to be the best SIL anyone could ever hope for and I thought he was a total jerkoff. Wasn't crazy bout Mykelti either.

I read SIL as sister-in-law.😄😄

• LOL 3
39 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Meri had made life so miserable for Janelle, that she packed up her kids and moved to her mother's home, she was employed, (I think that was her government job) and within a short period of time, managed to buy a home for herself.  She was apparently still on the rotation schedule because she became pregnant with Savanah during that time

For the record, Janelle was married to Meri's brother -- and once she met Kody, she went after him, divorced her husband and married Kody (spiritual marriage, not legal) -- so yes, Meri was pissed at Janelle for dumping her brother to chase after her husband. Prior to her marriage to Kody, Meri and Janelle had been friends.

Secondly, Janelle said in their book, "Becoming Sister Wives" that it was deep post-partum depression that caused her to leave Kody--she'd had several kids one right after the other. and was feeling so depressed that she told Kody she'd had enough. Now I'm sure Meri's jealousy (and anger about her brother's treatment) didn't  help matters but I don't believe that the meanest-baddest-nastiest-bitchiest-most hateful-oh-so-horribly-evil Meri was the sole cause of Janelle running away back then.

Thirdly, one of the reasons Kody welcomed her back was because Janelle came into an inheritance, which "the fambly" used to buy their plyg house in Lehi.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
15 hours ago, Granny58 said:

when they were checking out the land together, she was leaning into him, and he said "are you cold"  and she said "I just want to be close to you" (something like that) and the very next thing we see is him taking his arm away.  PAINFUL.

Yep he was still punishing her for the catfish affair when instead he should be thanking her for getting them an extra season and possibly avoiding cancellation because I don't remember anything else going on back then.  He even called Mariah out for "punishing" Meri over this, so he knew exactly what he was doing.

• Love 16
14 hours ago, greekmom said:

I think the lead lands the gig as punishment. 

Personally, i think the women were happier when it was just the original 3 in the home in Lehi (spelling?!?!).  The whole catfish thing has been overdone soooooo much. It needs to stop. But it's their bread and butter.  TLC  just needs to shut it down.

I so agree with this, even though there was drama between Meri and Janelle. Vegas kinda ruined them and except for Christine, they all look heavier and dumpier now (not just normal aging). 

Nothing has been going on with this family except the weddings and grandkids (YAWN!). All they have is Meri and her drama, which keeps getting recycled (you can recycle something too many times and it's getting old). Nothing to see there anymore and I think they know it. 

As far as this season went, it was kind of a let down. Except for a few moments, I was...........bored. 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I absolutely agree about the women. I guess I’ll have to eat my (or your, LOL) words if they agree to Kody’s Monstrosity Mansion but I bet that will never happen. 

Kootie's brother mentioned that the wives won't want to see all the comings and goings of Kootie & the other wives (and building/fire codes require alternate egress points).  But Robyn, Christine & Meri wouldn't want to see Kootie's #shirleytemplecurls flying past their windows to another wife's wing.  Janelle likes having only 1/4 of a husband - less work for her.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, toodles said:

I read SIL as sister-in-law.😄😄

Maybe Tony & Mykelti are aiming for their own TLC show, "Becoming Tonya".  Mykelti will start by dressing him in LulaNo with matching stick-on nails.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 18
  • Love 3

Old plyg adage I read the other day, IIRC in a memoir called The Sound of Gravel: "Ten percent of a good man is better than one hundred percent of a bad man." 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, suomi said:

Old plyg adage I read the other day, IIRC in a memoir called The Sound of Gravel: "Ten percent of a good man is better than one hundred percent of a bad man." 

Kind of reminds me of the old SNL skit, "Lowered Expectations".  Why wouldn't they aim for 100% of a good man.

• Love 16

I agree that Meri isn’t the clear villain when it comes to how she and Janelle don’t get along. 

Divorcing your brother for your husband is WEIRD.

But in terms of living together, can you imagine?! I can’t imagine living with either one, but I would especially pull my hair out if I had to live with Janelle. Do you think she ever washed dishes or unloaded the dishwasher? Can you imagine figuring out dinner? I bet she never offered suggestions for meals, or went to the grocery, or cooked dinner without a lot of Strife. Meanwhile I bet Meri washes her glass as soon as she uses it. 

• Love 19