Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: Tell All: Part 1

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

...the move to Flagstaff miraculously left all those bad filling behind to rot, along with some unused cow organs,

I snorted so loud I woke up the dog.  Brilliant.

16 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Now, buckle up for a rip-roaring, knee-slapping flashback-fest of the wives and Kody doing their version of “swearing!”

Are you freaking serious?  This was part of a "tell all'?  Man, these morons are well and truly done.  Where the hell did I put my "cancel"  button.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

Maybe Kody is getting closer to Meri because she  is the only wife who is going to make him feel like a king by kissing up to him right now and she is the only wife with a separate income  who can help in these tough financial times since the houses aren’t all sold. 

This is what I was thinking. Meri's evidently making a decent income from both the LLR business and the B&B, which Kody didn't think was going to be a good investment, but I noticed he had to rush over there to be front and center for the B&B's grand opening. I think Meri's ability to make money is what's really attracting Kody.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

Wow, Janelle-  are we “striving “ to look like Jaba the Hut ?! I don’t like body shaming but she so blatantly pushes her “fitness/wellness” narrative that she makes herself an open target. Christine looks fabulous and seems content. Meri has definitely put on weight. 

Hearing them discuss the catfishing incident again makes my stomach turn. Meri has stayed around so she obviously wants to stay in the family. Kody needs to either end it or mend it. Yes, Meri brought it all on herself but to continue trying to punish her is unhealthy for the entire family. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Their current situation makes no sense to me, at all. 

Their situation hasn't made sense to me since before they started filming.  As soon as Kody "married" Janelle, Meri should have left.  And when Christine joined the "fambly," Janelle should have left.  Christine was/is kind of stuck, since she was a SAHM with no means of really earning a living for herself and her kids.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

Did Garrison or Day'un say anything in the "Tell All"?  Garrison has a lot of Kootie's mannerisms - staring into space while "listening" then twitching into a new head position and staring in another direction or at his fingers etc, like a kid who cannot sit still.

I got the vibe he was embarrassed by Gabes emotion. As messed up as she is, Janelles kids are my favourite as they seem the most authentic. More independent. Free thinkers. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, MakingBacon said:

Maybe Kody is getting closer to Meri because she  is the only wife who is going to make him feel like a king by kissing up to him right now and she is the only wife with a separate income  who can help in these tough financial times since the houses aren’t all sold. 

Not surprised if it's all for the money.  Didn't Douchbag do the same thing when Janelle took off years ago? He started to woo her back and then used her inheritance money to buy their house in Utah? 

The only thing that this show and the others like it from TLC prove is that the principal does NOT work.  No man can equally love and treat 2 or more women equally.  No group of women can live with other women and share one man without jealousy, ulterior motives, etc.

The three of them (Janelle, Meri and Christine) should just cut ties and leave Douchbag with Sobyn.  I mean for all the lip service last night as how they are repairing their relationship, Meri is pretty much on her way out I think and only there for the TLC paycheck.  TLC should just cut them off.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Janelle doesn’t “DO” emotion. Several of her kids are the same. Gabe’s tears did seem to embarrass Hunter and he repeatedly said his own behavior was childish. 

Maybe I am reading too much into it but when Robyn’s daughters talk the other kids seem like they are rolling their eyes..... 

Why did they show Kody getting so upset saying goodbye to Maddie’s husband but not his daughter and grandson?! 

• Love 16

That Kody and Caleb scene annoys me very much.  Seems like he cares more about missing Caleb than the feelings of his own son.  That was all a big show on Kody's part, there were no real tears, he wiped away nothing.  Also, not mentioned on this boring tell all but Janelle said Axel is the center of her world or something like that, really?  You still have young children living home and you care more about missing Axel than the fact that your son is very distraught and does not want to move. Meri must be madly in love with Kody because she should have just moved to Chicago to be near her daughter.  These peoples priorities are all screwed up.  I noticed Garrison was his usual Kodylike self.  I remember some earlier shows when Garrison and Gabe fought a lot.  Also telling was that Gabe said he looks for Gwendolyn in school, he never mentioned Aurora.  

• Love 24
1 hour ago, MarysWetBar said:

I got the vibe he was embarrassed by Gabes emotion. As messed up as she is, Janelles kids are my favourite as they seem the most authentic. More independent. Free thinkers. 

You figure - they kind of had to be free thinkers. Mom was either working back in the day and now too busy striving to care. I also feel Logan basically raised his younger siblings and my mom had to do that when she was young because my grandma had to work 2 and sometimes more jobs as a single mom. My mom always said she had already raised 6 six kids and she only wanted one when she got married. And I am an only child.

• Love 11

As far as Janelle's kids go, Logan helped raise all of his younger siblings.  I seem to remember a scene during season one where he was shown with a young Savannah on his hip and he rushed around getting his siblings ready for school.  Logan eventually flew the coop and is doing his own thing.  Garrison is following in Hunter's footsteps, and Hunter is also helping Gabe navigate Kootie's stupid crap.  Who is helping Savannah?  Not Maddie.  She didn't even bother to make Savannah a bridesmaid in her wedding.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 21
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

As far as Janelle's kids go, Logan helped raise all of his younger siblings.  He then flew the coop and is doing his own thing.  Garrison is following in Hunter's footsteps, and Hunter is also helping Gabe navigate Kootie's stupid crap.  Who is helping Savannah?  Not Maddie.  She didn't even bother to make Savannah a bridesmaid in her wedding.

Maddie! You reminded me of something that pissed me off about her chitty chat about moving to Vegas to be near family. As I recall it, her and hubby moved to Vegas to LIVE OFF family...not due to virtuous reasons. They may have stayed afterward, but she and her hillbilly hubby got the best room in the house and all kinds of special perks when they moved in.

I feel sorry for Savannah too. She seems lost to me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
22 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

One difference I noticed is that Kootie is sitting between Christine and of course, wife favorite Robo.  I don't remember ever seeing that configuration before on these year-end "specials."  

Meri and Janelle wouldn't have been able to sit together before all their counselling with "therapist" Nancy.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I couldn't commit to watching this whole sit down episode.  I thought Killing Eve seemed more interesting, but, I did check in occasionally.  I laughed at one point when they were talking about how they had to make a concerted effort to see one another and Janelle says that is NOT an easy task.  Because, at night when she is so tired, she doesn't feel up to making those kind of plans!!!!!! WHAT?  What makes her tired?  Did she reveal some new job that she has? Does she work at anything other than Strive?  Does she have little kids to take care of? I don't think so. Her youngest is 14 right?  So, is she working in a garden all day?  Why so tired? I just don't get it.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Wow, Janelle-  are we “striving “ to look like Jaba the Hut ?! I don’t like body shaming but she so blatantly pushes her “fitness/wellness” narrative that she makes herself an open target. Christine looks fabulous and seems content. Meri has definitely put on weight. 

Hearing them discuss the catfishing incident again makes my stomach turn. Meri has stayed around so she obviously wants to stay in the family. Kody needs to either end it or mend it. Yes, Meri brought it all on herself but to continue trying to punish her is unhealthy for the entire family. 

* I can't for the life of me figure out why, of all possible things, Janelle chose this as a platform for a side job. Of all the wives, Janelle is by far the laziest and least motivated health-wise. I'd feel sorry for her if it weren't for her persistence at continuing to pretend to be a "professional" in the field of wellness. She hasn't made any progress and she's had years to implement changes. 

* I cringed when I saw they're going to be talking about this, AGAIN. They implied they're all ready to move on and that this is old news/negative energy, yet there it is. It was 4 freakin' years ago; nothing beneficial is going to come of it. DROP IT already. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Kody needs to either end it or mend it. Yes, Meri brought it all on herself but to continue trying to punish her is unhealthy for the entire family. 

Kody has a big ego, he will not easily forget that Meri was basically having another relationship behind his back.  I do agree that he needs to end it or mend it already.

• Love 6

Maybe Savannah didn't want to be a bridesmaid. My granddaughter went through a phase (she is 16 now) where she didn't want any attention on herself.  At All.  Of course with this crowd they are most likely thoughtless and selfish.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, LucyEth said:

That Kody and Caleb scene annoys me very much.  Seems like he cares more about missing Caleb than the feelings of his own son.  That was all a big show on Kody's part, there were no real tears, he wiped away nothing.  Also, not mentioned on this boring tell all but Janelle said Axel is the center of her world or something like that, really?  You still have young children living home and you care more about missing Axel than the fact that your son is very distraught and does not want to move. Meri must be madly in love with Kody because she should have just moved to Chicago to be near her daughter.  These peoples priorities are all screwed up.  I noticed Garrison was his usual Kodylike self.  I remember some earlier shows when Garrison and Gabe fought a lot.  Also telling was that Gabe said he looks for Gwendolyn in school, he never mentioned Aurora.  

I doubt that Mariah wants Meri anywhere near her in Chicago.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Kody has a big ego, he will not easily forget that Meri was basically having another relationship behind his back.  I do agree that he needs to end it or mend it already.

Also, it makes for better tv veiwing.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

* I cringed when I saw they're going to be talking about this, AGAIN. They implied they're all ready to move on and that this is old news/negative energy, yet there it is. It was 4 freakin' years ago; nothing beneficial is going to come of it. DROP IT already. 

Ya it pisses me off when they revisit the catfish because Meri only does it when she can control the narrative.

If anyone else brings it up on social media or anywhere else she gets really PISSY and says stuff like "I'm soooo over it!!!"  Or "It's soooo 2016..  Get over it already!!!"

Yet the people who brought it up did so because Meri resurrected the catfish by flying Crissy (or whatever the hell her name was) into town to *spin* the story AGAIN.

Or like the tell nothing where THEY brought it up to serve their own purposes.

• Love 14

For a relatively young person Robyn is sure worried about her burial..

She was literally having a coniption fit about her bones.... Maybe she's worried that they don't make caskets big enough to accommodate her JAW.  😦

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Maybe she's worried that they don't make caskets big enough to accommodate her JAW.  😦

or long enough for her extra-long Victoria's-Secret jeans.

• LOL 8
17 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Ya it pisses me off when they revisit the catfish because Meri only does it when she can control the narrative.

If anyone else brings it up on social media or anywhere else she gets really PISSY and says stuff like "I'm soooo over it!!!"  Or "It's soooo 2016..  Get over it already!!!"

Yet the people who brought it up did so because Meri resurrected the catfish by flying Crissy (or whatever the hell her name was) into town to *spin* the story AGAIN.

Or like the tell nothing where THEY brought it up to serve their own purposes.

I can guarantee that Mariah is NOT soooo over it.  Anyone who suggests she get over it has never experienced parental cheating first hand.  Meri is delusional if she thinks a few awkward talks with Mariah is all it's going to take for her daughter to "get over ANYTHING".  It's not as simple a fix as Meri would like it to be.  

I'd have been surprised if Meri had been given the 40 grand she asked for.  Nothing like a big reward for being catfished.  Poor Meri.  Here's 40 thousand dollars.  Does that help your wounded ego? 

I realize polygamy isn't my cuppa tea, but as long as it's theirs, the least any of them can do is give a little respect for the platitudes they  spew.  If you can't muster up the energy for that much, just get the hell away and find a partner who can dill with the fillings you have. 

Edited by Claire Voyant
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Claire Voyant said:

I can guarantee that Mariah is NOT soooo over it.  Anyone who suggests she get over it has never experienced parental cheating first hand.  Meri is delusional if she thinks a few awkward talks with Mariah is all it's going to take for her daughter to "get over ANYTHING".  It's not as simple a fix as Meri would like it to be.  

I'd have been surprised if Meri had been given the 40 grand she asked for.  Nothing like a big reward for being catfished.  Poor Meri.  Here's 40 thousand dollars.  Does that help your wounded ego? 

I realize polygamy isn't my cuppa tea, but as long as it's theirs, the least any of them can do is give a little respect for the platitudes you spew.  If you can't muster up the energy for that much, just get the hell away and find a partner who can dill with the fillings you have. 

Exactly.... I couldn't care less about her stupid catfish other than the ongoing hypocrisy of it all.

They still sit on the couch all prim and proper talking about their standards of modesty, their deep religious convictions...... How polygamy is sooooo great because you have these awesome sister wives so you're never alone or without someone to go to yet we all saw with our own eyeballs that that's a big pile of steaming horse shit!

Meri with her sleeves over sleeves couldn't shop for bananas quick enough and she was more than happy to sex talk, take sexy pics and slut it up online with a strange man (woman)

• Love 16
29 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

She was literally having a coniption fit about her bones.... Maybe she's worried that they don't make caskets big enough to accommodate her JAW.  😦

Extra space at the head make sense, between her jaws of STFU life she is sporting to the cold sores, one must be prepared.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Janelle's gut has gotten so big it literally sits on her lap 

A couple more years and she'll be a prime candidate for My 600 lb Life.

And why couldn't Gabe go to his dad for support, why did he have to rely on Hunter... Oh ya I forgot his dad has his hands full keeping Robyn and her kids happy.... To hell with Gabe.

She may not qualify for My 600 lb Life quite yet, but her weight would definitely qualify her for bariatric surgery.  All joking aside about her "career" as a fitness expert, she must be absolutely miserable at that weight.  I'm not overweight, but I have a lot of pain from arthritis, and I can only imagine the stress she's putting on her joints.  I doubt she was ever very lively, but no wonder she's too tired to cook and her house is filthy.  Getting out of a chair must be a serious effort for her.  

Don't even get me started on Fat Tony and his lovely fat bride.  FT is also heavy enough to qualify for the surgery, and his wife is getting there.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I'm a world class cynic when it comes to this show and for these folks it all boils down to money. I'm sure their contracts are gorgeously written...

Meri stays w/the show because money. The others agree to the stupid move knowing how this is gonna screw up their kids even further than they're screwed up already (look what they choose t marry) because money.

If TLC ever pulled the plug on this show  these 5 adults would be screwed. I'm sure financially TLC is doing a helluvalot more for them than we will ever know, and they can be as irresponsible as they are because MONEY. We're not talking hundreds of thousands here, but tens of MILLIONS.  I honestly believe that's all there is to it.

I also believe that once filming season is over, Meri is out of there. They're so awkward w/each other because they only SEE each other a couple months out of 12 for filming. "We're filming Christmas crap on the 17th and 18th, be there" So they are, after that? Back to neutral corners. 

I have lots of cynical thoughts on this show, but they all boil down to one word: MONEY.

Like I said, their contracts must be GORGEOUS.

ALSO: LEST WE FORGET: this show is about as real as Keeping up w/the Kardasians is real. It's unscripted scripted television and they do as they are told or they don't get paid. I'm sure Meri & Mariah are cool w/each other, maybe not best buds cool, but mom and adult kid cool, but for the show? This is their STORYLINE so they have to follow it. The ones I feel the most pity for are the children. They know the score but it sucks anyway. They can't be real, can't be honest, have to toe the company line or their parents won't get paid. But they get 6-figure dream weddings and the colleges of their choices bought and paid for, out of the deal. Good if you know how to work it.

(man I need to quit)

I also believe that Fat Tony is thinking about the other show: "Counting on." They couldn't swingthat show with that family any longer but they did pimp out the kids enough that they could film THEM instead. ONE of the 20-something kids they got are gonna go Plyg...they HAVE TO to keep the gravy train flowing.

Edited by hnygrl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, MarysWetBar said:

I feel sorry for Savannah too. She seems lost to me. 

True.  I think she likes to be in the background.  Not sure which season it was, but once when they were talking to the younger kids, one of Robyn's girls rolled her eyes at what Savannah was saying.  She might have seen that and decided to not speak on camera in a group.

I agree that a lot of the drama is scripted and I think that the Browns likely rely a lot on the TLC money, but, I can't imagine that TLC would put that much money into the Sister Wife show. They have other shows that are more popular, like 90 Day Fiance and Dr. Pimple Popper. I think both of those shows rate better than this one.  But, who knows.  The Brown's ability to cover their overhead and have all those extras has always mystified me.  I just don't see TLC as a big budget kind of network.(Recall on the Hawaii trip, when the Browns got economy lodging? lol)  Not like Bravo and what they pay some cast members like Vanderpump and Frankel. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8
On 4/14/2019 at 4:27 PM, Tatortot said:

What!  another new host?   Who is this now?

She was fine but WTH was that thing around her neck?  Was it part of her shirt?  A necklace?  It was very distracting.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Julia67 said:

She was fine but WTH was that thing around her neck?  Was it part of her shirt?  A necklace?  It was very distracting.

I think it was a necklace but with the blouse she was wearing, it was very distracting.  It may have been interesting on a bare neck.  I liked the sweater she wore for the Seeking SW interview.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I agree that a lot of the drama is scripted and I think that the Browns likely rely a lot on the TLC money, but, I can't imagine that TLC would put that much money into the Sister Wife show. They have other shows that are more popular, like 90 Day Fiance and Dr. Pimple Popper. I think both of those shows rate better than this one.  But, who knows.  The Brown's ability to cover their overhead and have all those extras has always mystified me.  I just don't see TLC as a big budget kind of network.(Recall on the Hawaii trip, when the Browns got economy lodging? lol)  Not like Bravo and what they pay some cast members like Vanderpump and Frankel. 

I think in most cases, TLC negotiates deep discounts on venues and suppliers for events.  None of the Browns would have the business acumen to do this themselves (who could ever forget their presentation to investors when seeking financing for SW Closet?).  I did notice that the corporate name for the truck rentals they used for their latest move had been masked over with blue tape so I'm guessing no discount, no free advertising.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

I did notice that the corporate name for the truck rentals they used for their latest move had been masked over with blue tape so I'm guessing no discount, no free advertising.

If you were U-Haul or Ryder, would you want YOUR company to be associated with these idiots?

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, laurakaye said:
  Reveal spoiler

Are you ready for a riveting, tearful, edge-of-your-seat, no-holds-barred tell all?  If so, go to your tv provider and search for “Dr. Phil,” ‘cause this ain’t it.

The following is a recap of what might be the most boring episode of television in the history of forever, so if you nod off while reading, don’t worry – I plan to nod off while typing.

So!  We have SuChin Pak as our new moderator, and I’m sure she prepared a list of hard-hitting topics about the “perks” of polygamy!  It took me awhile to figure out where I recognized her from – she was on MTV’s Cribs and Total Request Live back in the day.  So now we know she’s a serious journalist!

And then we have the guests of honor, Kody Brown and the Kodettes.  The first thing I noticed is now awful each of them looked.  Have none of them heard of “Color Me Beautiful?”  It is that hard for four women to understand what colors don’t look good on them?  Meri is wearing a salmon shirt under an olive green blazer, two colors that I would not have EVER thought to put together.  But hey – she’s a LuLaRoe consultant and I’m not, so what do I know.  Her posture is typically defensive – arms and legs crossed.  Of course, she’s on the naughty couch next to Janelle, she of “Strive” fame.  Janelle’s stomach is literally spread across her lap, and while I don’t mean to shame, I ask once again – how is she a health coach?!?  She’s wearing a black blazer with a shiny blue shirt underneath which may or may not be accenting her belly but either way, she’s man-spreading because I doubt she can cross her legs anymore.  Christine, who knocked our socks off a couple of episodes ago in a stunningk yellow blouse, looks like she’s going to a job interview circa 1987 in a navy blue blazer ensemble.  Robyn is wearing a patterned shirt under a green cardigan, and this looks just like something I would’ve worn to work in the early 90’s with a pair of black stirrup pants.  Kody is sitting between Robyn and Christine and while his scrunched curls have seen better days, at least this time he’s not wearing more makeup than Meri.

SuChin starts with asking about the big move to Flagstaff.  Janelle says that she’s a hippie at heart and could just randomly travel aimlessly wherever the wind takes her, leaving her kids to follow behind her and pick up the pieces of their shattered youth.  Meri’s theory is to “bloom where you’re planted.”  Kody blathers some nonsense about wanting his kids to consider Flagstaff their hometown and hopes they come back after they’ve graduated.  Of course, in order for any of his kids to consider a place “home,” they need to know that they’re not going to be uprooted and given between 48 hours and two months to pack up and move once again.  Robyn has made Kody promise that this is the last move, and Kody jokes that she’s going to hold him to that.  What the other wives want doesn’t particularly matter, it’s Robyn who gets to decide whether they stay in Flagstaff or move again.  Wow, I sure didn’t see that coming.

Now we move on to everyone’s favorite topic – The Catfish (drink)!  Flashback to several awkward scenes of Meri crying, and crying, and also one of her crying some more, and then my favorite scene at the restaurant where she tells everyone not to be surprised if she up and bails.  Kody says that the entire time they were in Vegas, he and Meri were dilling with a “bad, funky energy,” but the move to Flagstaff miraculously left all those bad filling behind to rot, along with some unused cow organs, in the cul-de-sac.  So maybe that’s what the fam’ly was running from – not balloon mortgages, but bad energy!  Whew – I’m so relieved to know that they had a very good reason to move.

Kody and Meri talk about how they’ve had to mourn the relationship they once had and now they are starting over, they have a new baseline, moving in a positive direction, blah blah therapy soundbites blah.  BUT – here’s the kicker – Meri actually looks happy.  She gazes at Kody with sparkly eyes and nary an orange tear in sight!  And Kody, like, actually smiles at her!  No stony caveman death glare!  It’s almost as if these two are rekindling their romance, which would explain why Robyn sat stonily like a chin-sized statue next to Kody during this odd little exchange of googly-eyes.  Of course once Robyn could interject, she explained how it affected the whole fam’ly when Meri and Kody weren’t good with each other, and how Robyn could not “do the family” without Meri.  Well, of course she couldn’t…who would she have manipulated into divorcing Kody for the sake of Day’unAuroraBrianna if not for Meri?  As if Robyn isn’t even there, Meri talks about how one night she was swamped trying to cover up the holes in her latest batch of LLR legging when Kody called her to ask her on a dinner date, and even though Meri had tons of work to do, she dropped everything and told him, “I’ll be there, baby!”  Ew.  Also, yuck.

Now the teen Brownies are introduced.  Garrison stifles a yawn, as do I.  We flashback to Kody explaining the move to Flagstaff.  SuChin asks Gwen how she likes Flagstaff, and Gwen says that the boys in Flagstaff are taller and hotter.  Aurora, truly her mother’s daughter, yammers about how she’s had both positive and negative reactions to her plyg family.  SuChin asks Gabe if he’s settled in Flagstaff, and he says that he is, but it was a very hard transition, and that his older brother Hunter helped him through it.  Gabe starts to cry, and Gwen stares up at the ceiling, which is also what I do when I don’t want to cry.  Hunter says that Gabe handled the move much more maturely than Hunter did when they were forced to flee Utah, a move that haunts him to this day (well done, Kodoof).  Gabe says that Hunter was the one who was always asking Gabe if he was doing okay, and I can tell that while Kody was off making babies with his latest plaything, the older Brown kids were busy helping each other through life.  So why Kody thinks that he is building a foundation in Flagstaff as a place for his kids to return to, I don’t understand, as he’s never been particularly interested in what his shenanigans have done to his children not named Sol or Arabeilliola.  Jerk.

We flashback once again to the move – particularly, the long, warm, passionate, awkward hug between Kody and Caleb.  Kody watches this with tears in his eyes.  Robyn, aware that she is probably on camera too, expertly turns on her eye-booger machine and squeezes out a tear of her own while the other three wives look on impassively.  More blah-de-blah about being apart, how they have to make an effort to see each other now, etc.  Janelle finally wakes up from her nap on the couch and says that in Vegas she was lazy about making time to see her sister wives, but now in Flagstaff, if she gets a call saying that the family is meeting for dinner, she has to make an effort to get up off the La-Z-Boy, dust the Doritos crumbs from her lap, and go to dinner no matter how badly she doesn’t want to.  So, that’s sweet.

Now, buckle up for a rip-roaring, knee-slapping flashback-fest of the wives and Kody doing their version of “swearing!”  We hear “what the flock?”  We hear “poop” and “poo-poo head” and then we see Kody flip the bird!  Oh my goodness, hahahahaha!  I’m glad I was already half-asleep in bed or I might’ve ROTFLMAO!  You guys, polygamists are SO FUNNY!!  

Mercifully, we come to the end of this spellbinding episode, because there’s only so much non-drama I can take in one hour’s time.  We segue to the B&B in Parowan (drink) and flashback to Meri shedding tears because her family refused to write her a check for $40,000 on the spot.  Kody says that initially, the B&B didn’t pass his “sniff test” (whatever) so he wasn’t good with the whole plan, and Meri asks him, “are you good with me now?”  Kody and Meri lock eyes across the crowded couches…time slips away....angels singk...and we are told that the answer is “TO BE CONTINUED.”  How am I supposed to sleep not knowing if Kody is good with Meri?!?  How, I ask you, how…………….zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZ………….

NEXT WEEK: Fat Tony!  Hahaha, I can't wait!

Recap of the Tell-All.  Hope you have a cup of strong coffee nearby...

Enjoyed reading your recap, LauraKaye. Thanks for starting my morning off right, laughing.  😁

• Love 10

Someone upthread mentioned that Janelle may be super tired at night due to her size. Joints don't work well under a lot of extra weight. I have noticed that Janelle seems to have small legs in comparison to the rest of her body, so, maybe she is under a lot of pressure. Makes sense. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, hnygrl said:

I also believe that Fat Tony is thinking about the other show: "Counting on." 

The way Fat Tony looked I thought he might have been auditioning for "I am Antonia" show. 

Edited by greekmom
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Someone upthread mentioned that Janelle may be super tired at night due to her size. Joints don't work well under a lot of extra weight. I have noticed that Janelle seems to have small legs in comparison to the rest of her body, so, maybe she is under a lot of pressure. Makes sense. 

It is also quite possible that Janelle could have sleep apnea.  It is common with people that are obese and can be life threatening.  You basically wake up each morning tired because you have been struggling to breathe all night.  The answer is weight loss, obviously, but a CPAP machine, which forces air into your lungs, can be a life saver.  I hope that if she does have sleep apnea, she has sought medical help for it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 4/15/2019 at 1:19 PM, Juliegirlj said:

Maybe I am reading too much into it but when Robyn’s daughters talk the other kids seem like they are rolling their eyes..... 

Definitely. I get the feeling they politely tolerate Annoying Aurora. 

• Love 9
On 4/14/2019 at 11:22 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Janelle's gut has gotten so big it literally sits on her lap 

A couple more years and she'll be a prime candidate for My 600 lb Life.

Does her stomach normally hang that low when sitting? I thought it was a bit higher/fuller usually so I wonder if she actually is losing some weight and it's lose skin? 

On 4/15/2019 at 7:50 AM, Tuxcat said:

I still don't understand why their rentals are so far apart if they all think being close is a priority. Wish they'd answer that question. When they looked for rentals in Vegas they were purposefully within 1 mile of each other.

They did- they said there weren't a lot of rentals available in flagstaff which is why most, if not all, of them rented without even seeing them in person and they said that's also the reason why Christine bought her's instead of renting. How much of that is true? Who knows... but they are all super expensive rentals so it's no wonder they were all available. 

On 4/15/2019 at 9:16 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

Last night she genuinely looked happy when they were talking about improvements in their relationship. I wonder if the balance among the wives is shifting. There was some lip service about how trouble in one relationship affects them all but I felt like Janelle is the only one who just sails along and is OK with whatever Kody does with the others. Christine and Robyn seemed subdued. I’d love to know how much more time, if any, Kody is spending with Meri and whose time is lessened to make up for it  and of course he’s zooming all over Flagstaff to see all his kids! Seriously, let’s see an actual time log  

I honestly thought it was great seeing Meri happy for once.  Like REALLY happy. 

• Love 4

Janelle: I think I got a bit lazy in the cul-de-sac.

Me: Don't. Take. The. Bait. *grits teeth*

Was it truly necessary to show Kody being ripped away from his soulmate, Caleb, AGAIN? I was still cringing from the first time.

Why oh why don't the Browns have any communication skills at all?

Kody [about the catfish]: We're moved to Flagstaff, and it's a fresh start, so we don't talk about it, EVER.

Me: You never talked about it before! That's the whole problem!

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 4/15/2019 at 11:49 AM, llewis823 said:

I also feel Logan basically raised his younger siblings and my mom had to do that when she was young because my grandma had to work 2 and sometimes more jobs as a single mom. My mom always said she had already raised 6 six kids and she only wanted one when she got married. And I am an only child.

My own kids are the same way.  My oldest daughter and oldest son don't want ANY kids at all - and I totally attribute it to having to help raise their younger siblings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

OHH OHHHH!!!!!  :::::Jumps up and down and waves arms and hands wildly in the air::::::  I KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS ONE!!!       Answer:    "They don't!!"   

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Janelle: I think I got a bit lazy in the cul-de-sac.

Me: Don't. Take. The. Bait. *grits teeth*

Was it truly necessary to show Kody being ripped away from his soulmate, Caleb, AGAIN? I was still cringing from the first time.

Why oh why don't the Browns have any communication skills at all?

Kody [about the catfish]: We're moved to Flagstaff, and it's a fresh start, so we don't talk about it, EVER.

Me: You never talked about it before! That's the whole problem!

I've wondered the same thing.  They seem to focus a lot of that problem.  I would think, under the circumstances, they would have awesome skills in that department.  PLUS, they've been in counseling, with the help of a professional to LEARN skills like that.  Man, what's the problem?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Does her stomach normally hang that low when sitting? I thought it was a bit higher/fuller usually so I wonder if she actually is losing some weight and it's lose skin? 

I have been wondering about that.  I wondered if we were seeing her from a slightly different camera angle.   I do think she has read the snark about her man-spreading because the last few times I have seen her, she has been sitting with her ankles crossed.

I think a cross-over to M600PL would guarantee a season, and Janelle could get free WLS surgery next season and skin removal the following season. 

I guess that when they all agreed to do the show that probably some of the wives were happier and more enthusiastic than the others.  I have always felt that Janelle would never have done this show without the money;  I think Kody, Robyn and Christine were probably the most gung-ho despite Christine's fear of the polygamy police.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

They did- they said there weren't a lot of rentals available in flagstaff which is why most, if not all, of them rented without even seeing them in person and they said that's also the reason why Christine bought her's instead of renting. How much of that is true? Who knows... but they are all super expensive rentals so it's no wonder they were all available. 

I honestly thought it was great seeing Meri happy for once.  Like REALLY happy. 

Yes I'm not sure how true that actually is. Also, when they first moved to Vegas they initially rented one large house to share  -- while Mona searched for rentals that were close to one another.  So I still don't see why this move was different. They could have done the same thing and then waited for 4 rentals that suited their needs.  I mean Robyn's current rental is big enough (bigger than the first one in Vegas) to house them all temporarily. Not buying their explanation. The school districting isn't even an issue like it was in Vegas.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

That's a possibility. Also possible that as she ages, gravity is taking more of a toll on her body. I think her exercise efforts with the trainer took place in 2012 or 2013 when she was closer to 40 than 50. I feel bad for anyone that big; everything must take such an extra effort so it's no wonder she tires so easily. I will snark with the best of you about the Strive business because it's a joke (kind of a sick one), but I do have compassion for Janelle.

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

That's a possibility. Also possible that as she ages, gravity is taking more of a toll on her body. I think her exercise efforts with the trainer took place in 2012 or 2013 when she was closer to 40 than 50. I feel bad for anyone that big; everything must take such an extra effort so it's no wonder she tires so easily. I will snark with the best of you about the Strive business because it's a joke (kind of a sick one), but I do have compassion for Janelle.

She’s also pretty short. And she’s probably always been an apple. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1