Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: The Exorcism of Stassi Schroeder

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Dance4Life said:

I don’t understand why people are coming down on Katie.

She already said it has crossed over into a Party Promoter job.

If LVP likes the results....sales are higher during her events.......then Katie should get a cut of the money.

At this point any work the cast does on behalf of SUR is like Brand Ambassadors.

Brand Ambassadors do not work for free.  

Katie earns good money promoting products on her social media.

SUR should not be any different.

Know your worth!  Go Katie!

Katie asked to produce the Girls Night. It was totally her idea and her party and her responsibility to promote it, just as James was responsible for promoting his DJ night and happily did so. People are coming down on Katie, or at least I am, because she's a lazy cow who pushed for this and is now quickly backing out because it requires some actual work.

Clearly I'm a James loyalist, but I do agree he has a long way to go before he can redeem himself, however, he would never not follow through on the gig after taking over Tuesdays that he actually asked for like Katie did.

Forgot to say earlier that while thoroughly ridiculous, Schwartz and the money bit was funny and gave Lisa and Ken a giggle. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, politichick said:

Katie asked to produce the Girls Night. It was totally her idea and her party and her responsibility to promote it, just as James was responsible for promoting his DJ night and happily did so. People are coming down on Katie, or at least I am, because she's a lazy cow who pushed for this and is now quickly backing out because it requires some actual work.

Clearly I'm a James loyalist, but I do agree he has a long way to go before he can redeem himself, however, he would never not follow through on the gig after taking over Tuesdays that he actually asked for like Katie did.

Forgot to say earlier that while thoroughly ridiculous, Schwartz and the money bit was funny and gave Lisa and Ken a giggle. 

Yes!  And, contracts (even verbal) are open to negotiation at any time!

Katie has realized it takes a lot of personal time to promote her event. 

Katie’s events are a success.

Then Katie talks to LVP and all she hears is LVP saying....I love it.  Sales are up.

Let’s do it again.  So, Katie does it all over again.

Money in LVPs pocket and there is Katie doing a bunch of extra work for free.

If James was also making good sales for LVP.....he should be paid a bonus, too.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Dance4Life said:

Yes!  And, contracts (even verbal) are open to negotiation at any time!

Katie has realized it takes a lot of personal time to promote her event. 

Katie’s events are a success.

Then Katie talks to LVP and all she hears is LVP saying....I love it.  Sales are up.

Let’s do it again.  So, Katie does it all over again.

Money in LVPs pocket and there is Katie doing a bunch of extra work for free.

If James was also making good sales for LVP.....he should be paid a bonus, too.

Do we know she didn't receive any compensation because James did and that was largely what he was whinging about when he lost the job. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, bref said:

I wish I found Tom Schwartz one-hundredth as adorable as he finds himself.

This sentence is perfection.  

------------------------------------

I actually liked last night's episode,  because it was very low on Beau and Lisa, and when Lisa was featured, she was acting kind of...human?  Even Ken was acting human.  There are pods in the basement.

I totally like Ariana now.  She has just softened significantly and it's nice.  If I had one nitpick, I wish she would cuss less.  I know I cuss.  But if I was on national TV, and I knew my parents were watching, or future potential employers, I would dial it back.  There is nothing wrong with a well-placed "fuck you," or, "I forgot my bathing suit.  Fuck me."  But Ariana and Scheana just put "fuck" into the strangest places.  They say things like, "I fucking don't want to," even when they're not heated.  Cursing is like Chanel.  A little goes a long way.

As far as the drinking and drug use, I think they could all be servieced by drying out and sorting out their issues from a sober place (Sandoval perhaps being an exception).  Take six months off drinking/drugging.  Work on your problems.  Slowly introduce the substances back in, and if they're causing things to flare up, then...you have a choice to make.  No one wants to say that though, cause it's not fun.  Last night when Stassi was confessing her demons to Lala and Lala suggested it might be the alcohol, I noticed Stassi backpeddle right quick.  I don't blame them.  Substance use/abuse is their livelihood, financially and otherwise, but at least cop to it.  Some are better than others at doing this.  

I also can't believe Lala chose Scheana as the person to declare that she is never having another drink to.  Scheana literally doesn't understand abstention.  That was one of the contributing causes of her divorce.  The only way Lala would have been able to get her point across to Scheana would have been if Lala said she had to stop drinking because the alcohol is making her fat.  That was the only thing that caused Scheana to look askance at alcohol a few seasons ago.

I know Lala isn't a big fan fave for various and sundry reasons, but I thought it was brave to declare she was never having another drink again.  I know she is is "sober" as of last night--a big five months--but I'd say the odds are way better than even money that she'll "have a drink again."  On the other hand, Lala declaring her sobriety sounded so much more mature than James's constant whining with tears spilling down his cheeks, "but Leeeeeeessssa, I'll nevah drink againnnnnn.  Pleeeeease.  What do I have to do?  Fuck you all, wankers!"  Lather, rinse, repeat.  Grow up and put Sur in your rear view mirror, my God, man!

Anyone notice that James called Katie and Schwartz fat again last night?  Classy.  Not everyone is rail thin with ginormous cartoon features (nor do they want to be).  Katie and Tom--if they were "fat," which they're not--could lose weight.  What is James going to do to stop looking like a cartoon?  What is he going to do in 10 years when that dad bod starts to creep up on him and he is still skinny, but he gets a pauch?  Get liposuction?  I find that body type much less appealing on men than someone who is a little bigger all around.  But I don't spend time worrying about it, unless that person's body is directly affecting me.  Why is he so obsessed with trying to call out people's weight in such a derogatory way?  I would say it's just about the most immature thing that occurs with regularity on this show, and that is saying A LOT.

I couldn't get a read on Katie this episode.  I don't really have an opinion about GNI without knowing what her cut would be, so I can't comment on that.  I can just say that she was really, really annoying me when she was driving Schwartz to the bank.  Once again, stringing a sentence together seemed to take a shit load of effort.  "I wud come in to the bank, Bu...ba, but, I...um, like...can't."  I don't know if she's high AF (which I suspect), but it's completely offputting.  When Katie went with Stassi to the oracle (which, don't get me started on how stupid that whole concept is), she was bright, articulate, and supportive.  Another one who could really benefit from a period of abstention.

The bloom is off the rose a little bit with Stassi as far as I'm concerned.  She has always been bitchy, which is fine, but I don't like this pathetic side of her.  Maybe it's just vulnerability.  I just don't like it.  And I cannot stand the way she dresses.  She has a great figure, but she dresses like someone 20 lbs heavier, which often has the unfortunate result of making her appear that way.  Ever since Stassi left the show and came back the first time, touting her relationship with Patrick and her "Granny chic" style I have not known whether to make heads or tails of her.  She looked so cute and vibrant for that book cover.  Why doesn't she put on a pretty dress like that more often?  It's just as easy to throw on a dress (easier, actually) than to throw on a long-sleeve denim shirt with denim shorts (WTF).   

Come to think of it, I don't really enjoy much of the women's fashion on this show. For my aesthetic, I don't think they dress nearly feminine enough.  I don't even think they dress sexy enough.  I also don't think they have to be whores to every fashion trend that comes along, but I think that they are all a little bit too stuck in their fashion choices.  Scheana would look awesome in a cute little cocktail dress with heels that Kristen sometimes wears.  Give us legs, girl, instead of 24/7 middriff.  What is this, the 90s?  Brittney, shredded jeans are not your friend.  They are your enemy.  I could go on.

I think the men--Jax, Sandoval, and James (not Old Navy Schwartz) have good fashion.

I guess all that is left to say is that I 100% can't stand Racquel.  The jury was out on her for me this whole season.  I didn't really care if she knew who Charles Manson was.  But there was just something so desperate and grasping about this puppy shower, and I can't stand her facial expression in her TH's--the uber sincere look with the knitted brow--which leads me to believe that she's not just stupid, that she's intentionally stupid, and I'm like, girl, bye. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Jax was a little scary at the therapists. The therapist asks him how he thinks Brittany feels about something and he says "I don't know. I'm not her." Yikes! He really lacks empathy.

Right? He didn't even make an ATTEMPT. That's not normal. I may not know how my husband feels about everything, but I could damn sure make a guess. It just shows that his redemption has been all surface. He's doing and saying the right things, but he has no genuine interest in her feelings. 

2 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I wonder how everyone manages to keep a straight face when they compliment Lala on her singing. I did notice Stassi say something like "That was really intense," which is kind of a non-compliment compliment.

I would have told her she was breath-taking. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Anyone notice that James called Katie and Schwartz fat again last night?  Classy.  Not everyone is rail thin with ginormous cartoon features (nor do they want to be).  Katie and Tom--if they were "fat," which they're not--could lose weight.  What is James going to do to stop looking like a cartoon?  What is he going to do in 10 years when that dad bod starts to creep up on him and he is still skinny, but he gets a pauch?  Get liposuction?  I find that body type much less appealing on men than someone who is a little bigger all around.  But I don't spend time worrying about it, unless that person's body is directly affecting me.  Why is he so obsessed with trying to call out people's weight in such a derogatory way?  I would say it's just about the most immature thing that occurs with regularity on this show, and that is saying A LOT.

I noticed this, and I only 1/2-watch the show.   What's his deal?  It's like "fat" is his go-to insult.  Yawn.  Let's see how you look in a few years, James.

Edited by Thumper
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, Steph J said:

I'm completely baffled by the fact that the show keeps giving someone as lacking in charisma and personality as Raquel so much airtime. 

WHY are they trying so hard to make her happen?? She is dull witted, boring, not pretty enough to be a model and so so thirsty! That puppy is adorable though.

• Love 9

Raquel is such an airhead.

Kristen and Ariana's friendship - good for them.  I could never do it, but I guess if you're going to be in this group, you have to be okay with being around your ex and their gf/bf all the time. 

So, I think Beau is a more outspoken Tom Schwartz and more manipulative.  Schwartz made mistakes re cheating so no one held him up as being perfect and some of the cast thought Katie was justified in her anger.  But yet he was always the victim.  It seems like the dynamic between Stassi and Beau is similar, but way more disparate because everyone basically thinks Beau is perfect and that Stassi should do everything in her power to not mess it up.  That is a lot of pressure on Stassi.   It also would encourage Beau to feel entitled like "Yeah, everyone seems to agree I'm the best thing that ever happened to Stassi and perfection.  Any disagreement we have, I can make it Stassi's fault."  It works for now, but I think if their relationship continues down this road, it would be exhausting to be Stassi.

Of course Katie does not want to continue GNI.  She is lazy and lacks drive/work ethic.  She wanted to do GNI originally, not because she had any desire to do so, but to rub it in James' face.  

Edited by Brooke0707
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Do we know she didn't receive any compensation because James did and that was largely what he was whinging about when he lost the job. 

She didn’t receive Party Promoter compensation! 

Jax is still such an asshole. He hasn’t really changed at all. He just says what ppl wanna hear and it’s probably a constant struggle for him not to cheat. I don’t know why Brittany wants to marry him he only cares about himself. Like I honestly think he thinks he did Brittany a favour by cheating on her because she’s stronger now lol like wtf. If Brittany even criticized him a bit he gets all bitchy.

Katie sucks. I don’t even like James but I would laugh if he got hired back cause Katie is too fucking lazy to even do 2 nights a month.

Raquel needs to go away. She isn’t entertaining she is just annoying and a moron.

Katie giving relationship advice is pretty funny too.

• Love 13

The preview of Jax telling Brittany’s dad and other relatives that he’s always going to look out for #1 (himself) first was chilling - Brittany’s dad must be terrified for her cuz Jax seems unstable, as well as selfish.

• Love 19
16 minutes ago, nexxie said:

The preview of Jax telling Brittany’s dad and other relatives that he’s always going to look out for #1 (himself) first was chilling - Brittany’s dad must be terrified for her cuz Jax seems unstable, as well as selfish.

That was really worrisome.  

• Love 9

I am here for Ariana and Kristin being unlikely best friends.  I also enjoyed FI showing Kristin all the upgrades they'd made to the shitty apartment.  Did anyone else notice the paint peeling by the front door when James stormed out?

I knew Schwartz wasn't getting $100 bills because five stacks wouldn't look that impressive, but I lost it when he opened up that case and it was full of fives.

The puppy shower was such a sad gathering of second and third tierers.  At least enough people showed up so that James and Raquel got airtime.  I'm pretty sure the reason James got so upset at FI's shitty apartment is he saw all his airtime slipping away.

Great job on the editing.  Katie didn't even walk away to put the food order in when talking to Lisa and it still magically arrived 10 seconds later.  And then Lisa is apparently Joey Chestnut of tuna and couscous because she's done and handing off the dirty plate by the time the conversation is over 20 seconds later.

True story, I couldn't pay attention to Jax and Brittany at therapy or Lala's show.  So if something awesome happened, I missed it.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I’m guessing it’s because she’s such a train wreck otherwise that’s she’s become unintentional comic relief? From her derp-faced vacant stare to her dumbassed comments and her blind desperation to be relevant within this group when she isn’t being James’ slave 24/7(seriously, does she even have a job or anything else going on?!), she’s almost fascinatingly idiotic and pathetic. And I don’t even think it’s an act; she honestly makes Scheana look like a Mensa member.

I'm sure there's a Westfield somewhere in the valley having an event that needs a hostess.

20 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Okay, sure.  Instead of actual therapy, Stassi decides to deal with her issues by visiting a witch.  Interesting choice.  I'm sure that's going to fix everything right up.

She's been in actual therapy since she was 5.  She talked about it on her podcast maybe a month or two ago.  She said even when she was 5 she new how to manipulate the therapist though 😞  They asked her to draw a picture of her family or something and she made everyone smiling because she knew that's what they wanted to see.

16 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Was the demon that they exorcised from Stassi the same one that caused that demonic voice coming from Lala during that performance?

Oh, wait. That was supposed to be singing? Oh. 

And Raquel? Even I - someone who is never going to have children by choice - know that there's a difference between children and dogs. Children can eventually feed, water, and walk themselves. Hopefully, anyway, because I'm not too sure about you. 

I have no children, but puppies are pretty exhausting.  They are cute so your don't kill them because that couple of months where you are exhausted from them needing to go out in the middle of the night every night is also when they are having accidents and getting into things and just being terrors.  But unlike babies, no one will call CPS if you lock you puppy in the bathroom for an hour because you just need a break and you can also leave the house w/o needing a sitter.  And they are easier to potty train and train in general.  I've never met a kid that will sit still and be quiet for 5 minutes for a belly rub and a baby carrot.

4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

It's just as easy to throw on a dress (easier, actually) than to throw on a long-sleeve denim shirt with denim shorts (WTF).   

She wore the denim shirt/shorts combo to her photo shoot and it was actually a lot better than a dress for that.  It was comfortable to sit in while having her hair and makeup done and could be taken off without ruining her hair and make-up.  Usually people show up for photo shoots like that in comfortable clothes, not dressed to impress.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

She wore the denim shirt/shorts combo to her photo shoot and it was actually a lot better than a dress for that.  It was comfortable to sit in while having her hair and makeup done and could be taken off without ruining her hair and make-up.  Usually people show up for photo shoots like that in comfortable clothes, not dressed to impress.

Stassi still doesn't get away with it though, as there was thought put into that outfit, because she tucked the long-sleeved denim shirt into the jean shorts.  That is the real kicker to me.  It's like first degree murder vs manslaughter.  This is a fashion crime of the highest order, because there was intent involved! Lol.  If she just would have shown up in black leggings and a button-down denim shirt, I would have shrugged.

She also wore those (or very similar) jean shorts with the pockets hanging out to the oracle (her top was cute though).  Like I said, I haven't been into Stassi's fashion since she re-appeared on the scene in season four, sporting "Grandma chic" (her words).  

That's the thing about fashion. Mileage varies.  Katie is hit or miss, but she looked really good last night.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Katie is just lazy. She isn't doing anything where hosting an event once a week, let alone twice a month would be that burdensome. She wanted the chance to show that she could put something together that would rival James' event. She wanted to do it again to prove that it could be more than one hit wonder and then she flopped. She's spent all this time acting like James is replaceable (I agree that he is) but she failed to prove that point because she showed that she didn't have the motivation to be consistent and it's consistency that is the marker of success.

James need to STFU with his pity party. You can't constantly fuck up and then think a few days or weeks of 'good behaviour' is going to be enough to earn the trust of people. I don't understand why he's talking to Sandoval and Ariana like they're making decisions about his future at Sur. I'm not a pet owner but I've seen have birthday parties for their dogs and weddings for their dogs...a puppy shower is in that realm of crazy but not shocking to me, lol. 

Listening to Katie talk about what Stassi needs to change for the sake of her relationship...she could have easily been talking about herself, lol.

Jax is faking it and is hoping he'll eventually make it.

I'm glad that Lala is recognizing her poor relationship with alcohol and coupled with her grief of her father's death, it's probably what's making her realize just how bad alcohol is for her. Hopefully sobriety makes her a kinder, calmer person.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, nexxie said:

Really - people do Lala no favors when they encourage her “singing.” 

I haven’t watched yet. I remember Lala singing once in another season. She was bad, but not as bad as Lu on the RHoNYC. Is that still true?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I haven’t watched yet. I remember Lala singing once in another season. She was bad, but not as bad as Lu on the RHoNYC. Is that still true?

Might be a tie - neither one can carry a tune.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think Lala has the best voice of all the wannabe-singers on Bravo.  By which I mean, she sucks the least.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

Why does this show want me to believe that Peter is, like, the hottest thing to ever slick his greasy hair back into a ponytail?

Raquel's Mom: "You're handsome."
Peter: "Thank you."
Callaphera: "In what fucking world?"
Raquel's Mom: "No, you're really handsome."
Callaphera: "Maybe the sleazy greaseball doesn't come across as much in person? But is really obvious on TV?"
Raquel's Mom: "Rawr."
Callaphera: *hork*

Although I like to imagine that Peter's "RAQUEL, YOUR MOM IS HITTING ON ME!" sounded a little panicked. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 8

Anybody know the age difference between Raquel and her sister because when they showed her my mind immediately kept to her being Raquel’s real mother who had a teenage pregnancy, this is most likely because the puppy party was so boring but also her sister looked a lot older.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Why does this show want me to believe that Peter is, like, the hottest thing to ever slick his greasy hair back into a ponytail?

Raquel's Mom: "You're handsome."
Callaphera: "In what fucking world?"
Raquel's Mom: "No, you're really handsome."
Callaphera: "Maybe the sleazy greaseball doesn't come across as much in person? But is really obvious on TV?"
Raquel's Mom: "Rawr."
Callaphera: *hork*

Although I like to imagine that Peter's "RAQUEL, YOUR MOM IS HITTING ON ME!" sounded a little panicked. 

I was also siting there thinking maybe Peter's more attractive in person and then I remembered that I've seen him in person and I don't think he was.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Yawn.  This was an absolute filler episode.

I love animals so I didn't find the puppy party as annoying or egregious as others.  I'd rather see that than Schwartz and Katie fighting, that's for sure.  I do like that James admitted that he was behind the puppy party behind Raquel was into it.  Scary to think that Jax could take a few lessons from James Kennedy.  

I agree with what others have pointed out.  James may be an immature dickhead a lot of the time but he will work hard and promote himself and others.   I also remember when  he came up with See You Next Tuesday and was on the street handing out flyers and encouraging passerby to stop in.  And See You Next Tuesday is a hell of a lot more original and a clever spin on the usual See You Next Tuesday reference than Girls' Night In. 

I also agree that Katie did the Girls' Night In solely to take a dig at James, to prove that anyone could bring in the crowds on Tuesday nights.  She is unbelievably lazy.  She doesn't want to continue because it's work, that's the only reason.  James' Tuesday nights apparently got him other gigs during the week at other locations.  If Katie were smart, she'd realize it could potentially open doors for her, or at least her other side businesses (if she has any.)  I know she has/had Pucker and Pout but I don't think she's worked on that in a while. 

I hope that Lisa is connecting the dots that James not only brought folks in to SUR but worked hard doing it and never complained about the work or time to do it.  

Why was Stassi the only one getting exorcised when Katie was there too?  If that oracle didn't see a bad spirit or spirits connected to Katie, she's a hack.  And where do these chucklefucks find these people??

I really want for Jax and Britt to make it but it's not looking good.  While I do think that Jax has changed, I worry it may be temporary and he's still obviously very selfish at his core (despite having moments where he does consider her, like when he's concerned about her health.)

Kristen and the Nugget being friends is like I've dropped acid without my own knowledge.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I kind of miss crazy Kristen.  I do love the Nugget's hair though.

Did anyone check the alleys around the venue where Lala was "singing" for cats in heat?  If that passes for singing and a person or persons from a record label were there, the bar is set really low.  She's still an asshole and she's still using her father's death as an excuse for being an asshole.

Flat Iron's tour of Chez Flat Iron & Nugget was hilarious in how uncomfortable it was.  It's an apartment - - would you even be allowed to put in a backsplash and a dishwasher?  And why would you?  I guess Flat Iron and Nugget consider that adulting.

Schwartz playing Schwartz Bond was humorous but fairly predictable.  Lisa and Ken's reaction was gold though.

• Love 6
On 4/15/2019 at 10:29 PM, farmgal4 said:

Then it’s a good thing you don’t live in KY.  Another favorite is Meemaw.

I grew up in WV and one of my grandmothers always threatened to smack the faces off our heads if we ever called her any version of Meemaw, Mamaw, etc., heh. I would say 80% of my friends called their grandmas one or the other, or something else even more hillbilly. 🙂 Brit gets on my nerves at times, but I always laugh when she says Mamaw. Reminds me of home. 🙂

Katie, I like you and I root for you...but you make it so hard sometimes. Kick it up a notch, woman. 

The Sandoval and Kristen awkwardness was my favorite part of the episode. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I would feel panicked if I were him. I thought Raquel's mom was being creepy. She was putting her hands on his chest. In what world is that okay? 

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I would feel panicked if I were him. I thought Raquel's mom was being creepy. She was putting her hands on his chest. In what world is that okay? 

Raquel's mom actually made me yell, "Oh my god!" out loud while clutching my imaginary pearls. She seemed to have confused him for someone who said yes, weird lady, run your finger down my chest, please. I was so grossed out for Peter - that was awful. 

That whole party was weird, though the poo bag toss game was funny. 

I think Ariana stopped trying to be cool. I like her this season - I feel like she's not putting on airs. That she and Kristin can be friends is astonishing to me because I am not even half that big of a person, but good for them. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I think that Katie's point is that someone other than James can bring in big crowds and Lisa's point is that James actually cares enough to put the work in and do it regularly.  Katie doesn't realize Lisa's point and Lisa doesn't care about Katie's.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Stassi still doesn't get away with it though, as there was thought put into that outfit, because she tucked the long-sleeved denim shirt into the jean shorts.  That is the real kicker to me.  It's like first degree murder vs manslaughter.  This is a fashion crime of the highest order, because there was intent involved! Lol.  If she just would have shown up in black leggings and a button-down denim shirt, I would have shrugged.

I would have appreciated a nice French tuck!  

Re FI and Ariana fixing up the apartment:

Spoiler

Didn't they just buy a $2 million house?

Okay, wtf was up with the witch oracle and her twin, winged peens on display on her Alter of Antlers Past?  

I'm in awe that no one burst out laughing when said oracle started her rant chant and push against Stassi's unwanted demon.  Pretty sure I'd have opened one eye and ended up peeing myself a little.  

I wonder what that little song and dance with a little seltzer down their pants cost them?  So scary stupid. 

Edited by Claire Voyant
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I would have appreciated a nice French tuck!  

Re FI and Ariana fixing up the apartment:

Hide contents

Didn't they just buy a $2 million house?

I don’t think the changes they made to the apartment were that new it’s just Kristen hadn’t been to the apartment since he did them which had been years.

• Love 2

My favorite part of the episode was Kristen and Ariana. Kristen likening being with Tom waiting for Ariana to a date waiting with his/her date’s father waiting for the date to arrive was funny. I also thought the conversation between Ariana and Kristen was pretty touching. Kristen, like the entire cast, is so clueless most of the time but every so often she does have these moments of insight about her own behavior. 

Jax is still a psychopath because psychopathy is not something you can recover from. His announcement that he will always put himself first is the exact reason why he should never have children. Ever. Having children would be the most selfish thing he could ever do. 

• Love 8
On 4/15/2019 at 9:58 PM, HunterHunted said:

About 20 years ago, I had to transfer money from one bank to another, which were like 50 steps away from each other, and there were super strange reasons that I couldn't get a cashier's check or get it wired. I ended up with a $5,000 bill and 4 $1,000 bills. The receiving bank basically closed down so that everyone could gawk.

Thank you for sharing this story!!  My father-in-law will be delighted hearing it.  Although mostly he will be mortified that you did not keep those bills, whether you could afford to or not.

Mr. Minor had one of the best quotes I have ever seen regarding a program, if only I could figure out how to double-quote.

28 minutes ago, PumpkinPK said:

Mr. Minor had one of the best quotes I have ever seen regarding a program, if only I could figure out how to double-quote.

The (+") option at the bottom of each post allows you to multi-quote.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Okay, puppy shower=epic fail of an idea. But glad she's not knocked up and it wasn't a real baby shower. 

Stasi's next storyline should be her getting a real exorcism/deliverance minister then turning into Anelle from Steel Magnolias. Beau wouldn't know whether to scratch his iphone or text his butt. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 4/16/2019 at 10:36 AM, ivygirl said:

James getting second, third, fourth, ninth chances is precisely why he never *really* changes and only skates by on lip service until he gets what he wants again. Until an actual consequence sticks, he won’t address his crap behavior. I think that’s what Sandoval was getting at, but you could tell that James believed his petulant toddler behavior would get him back in Lisa’s graces.

He really thinks that because he stopped drinking for a few weeks he's good to go.  And it never occurs to him that just because he's "ok" with one consequence (not drinking and no more See You Next Tuesdays), that it doesn't mean there won't be others, like not being able to DJ the brunch after he flips the fuck out in front of LVP at TomTom over them not being comfortable with him going to Mexico.  Uh, yeah, you just showed exactly the behavior that got you fired AGAIN, so why would she trust you now?

On 4/16/2019 at 12:34 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I know Lala isn't a big fan fave for various and sundry reasons, but I thought it was brave to declare she was never having another drink again.  I know she is is "sober" as of last night--a big five months--but I'd say the odds are way better than even money that she'll "have a drink again."  On the other hand, Lala declaring her sobriety sounded so much more mature than James's constant whining with tears spilling down his cheeks, "but Leeeeeeessssa, I'll nevah drink againnnnnn.  Pleeeeease.  What do I have to do?  Fuck you all, wankers!"  Lather, rinse, repeat.  Grow up and put Sur in your rear view mirror, my God, man!

Anyone notice that James called Katie and Schwartz fat again last night?  Classy.  Not everyone is rail thin with ginormous cartoon features (nor do they want to be).  Katie and Tom--if they were "fat," which they're not--could lose weight.

I did think it was good that Lala recognized that she had a problem and is stopping the drinking to deal with it, on her own.  Maybe at some point she will drink again, but perhaps after coming to terms with things in her life, and being in a less party driven atmosphere, it won't be the same, she may be able to start having a glass of wine once in a great while with no issues.  Or, maybe not.  

James, though, clearly does not get it.  He stops drinking in the same way that someone is grounded for 2 weeks.  He doesn't attach any real impact on his behavior to his drinking, he doesn't make any connection between the two beyond LVP saying this is a problem for you.  That's why he thinks it's not a problem to have a beer as a "reward" for not drinking with his dad, who also is an alcoholic.  And that's also why he doesn't get that not doing something for a few weeks and then saying "Can I have everything back?" like LVP took away your Game Boy because you didn't turn in your homework isn't going to work.  He cleans his act up for a few weeks, but at the slightest provocation, he goes off on people, he insults them using the exact same language that has been problematic for years.  He just never learns the lessons.  But when he gets called out on it, he cries and says he's changed and won't do it again!

On 4/16/2019 at 12:58 PM, ghoulina said:

Right? He didn't even make an ATTEMPT. That's not normal. I may not know how my husband feels about everything, but I could damn sure make a guess. It just shows that his redemption has been all surface. He's doing and saying the right things, but he has no genuine interest in her feelings. 

I would have told her she was breath-taking. 

But, but, Jax has made her a better, stronger person by cheating on her.  So you see, at the end of the day, it was really FOR her that he nailed Faith.  And now you can't be mad at him, because it made her better, and if he hadn't, well, she wouldn't be the awesome person that she is now.  I mean, honestly, you aren't saying you would want Brittany to be a weak woman are you?  So he HAD to do it.  He had NO CHOICE, it was his lot in life, and he had to go along with it.

14 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Flat Iron's tour of Chez Flat Iron & Nugget was hilarious in how uncomfortable it was.  It's an apartment - - would you even be allowed to put in a backsplash and a dishwasher?  And why would you?  I guess Flat Iron and Nugget consider that adulting.

I've made improvements on apartments that I've lived in and it depends on the place you live in and what you are doing.  Adding a dishwasher I don't think I would have been able to get away with anywhere I've lived (though to be fair, they also all came with one), but I have added shelving, under cabinet lighting in the kitchen, sealed the floor grout a different color and am considering putting pendant lights and potentially a backsplash in my current place.  There are removable options for the backsplash.  

• Love 13
On 4/16/2019 at 1:34 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Why is he so obsessed with trying to call out people's weight in such a derogatory way?  

I'm going with he learned it growing up.  My mom loves her eating disorders like they're her oldest child, and has been calling me fat since my growth spurt (5 inches +boobs) when I was in high school.  (I ended up 5'6" and a 1984 size 8.)  My brother learned it set me off and now it is his "go to" insult.  Now I am 51 and I am kind of fat and I could care less, although when I heard her say it to my teenaged niece a couple years ago I gave her a piece of my mind.  And since I calmly told my brother about 5 years ago that he sounds ridiculous shouting something that hasn't made me cry in 2 decades he has stopped doing it. But the point is - with a model for a mom and an alcoholic dad I bet James learned along the way that it was an insult that ensured a reaction. (My brother is also an alcoholic who likes to use angry abuse to get the subject away from his drinking.  Coincidence?)

Edited by princelina
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
On 4/16/2019 at 2:25 PM, Marley said:

That preview was messed up. Something is actually wrong with Jax. Brittany is a moron for wanting to marry him and have kids.

There is something wrong with him.  That scene was gruesome and grotesque, I do not want to see it.

As I understand it, most sociopaths are aware of social norms and would know to be charming and lie in that situation (or at the therapist).  Isn't that a very loose difference between a sociapath and a psychopath?

I don't actually know what a sociopath or psychpath are, I'm just using those terms casually for lack of anything better.

• Love 2
On 4/15/2019 at 9:04 PM, ihartcoffee said:

I thought he looked big for a puppy.  Maybe he's fluffy. 

Golden doodle size range vastly. Because there’s mininpoodles and Royal or Standard poodles. I’ve seen golden doodles just bigger than a spaniel and ones the size of Giant Schnauzers. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Petunia13 said:

Golden doodle size range vastly. Because there’s mininpoodles and Royal or Standard poodles. I’ve seen golden doodles just bigger than a spaniel and ones the size of Giant Schnauzers. 

Raquel said he was a mini on IG. He’s a year old now and fat but not very big.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Raquel said he was a mini on IG. He’s a year old now and fat but not very big.

I was concurring that Golden Doodles have various sizes. I used to be a dog groomer so had golden doodle clients that could fit in a basket AND ones that could kick open a door and looked like Chewbacca. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, princelina said:

I'm going with he learned it growing up.  My mom loves her eating disorders like they're her oldest child, and has been calling me fat since my growth spurt (5 inches +boobs) when I was in high school.  (I ended up 5'6" and a 1984 size 8.)  My brother learned it set me off and now it is his "go to" insult.  Now I am 51 and I am kind of fat and I could care less, although when I heard her say it to my teenaged niece a couple years ago I gave her a piece of my mind.  And since I calmly told my brother about 5 years ago that he sounds ridiculous shouting something that hasn't made me cry in 2 decades he has stopped doing it. But the point is - with a model for a mom and an alcoholic dad I bet James learned along the way that it was an insult that ensured a reaction. (My brother is also an alcoholic who likes to use angry abuse to get the subject away from his drinking.  Coincidence?)

I think it's rather a stretch to say he's "obsessed." More like hitting Katie where he knows it will hurt as her weight has fluctuated over the years.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I feel sorry and I also worry for that dog. 

Although I understand why James is the way he is, he's still an abusive ass.  I seriously doubt he'd be any different with an animal.  I can only hope I'm wrong.  ☹️

• Love 4