Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: A Supreme Snub

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, langford peel said:

You have precisely described what freedom of speech is all about. You should be able to espouse your opinion  without being the subject of personal and sometimes physical attacks. You don’t get to determine that it is idiotic. That’s not your call.

By having an opinion different than conventional Hollywood wisdom Camille endangered herself and her family both personally and professionally. Luckily Camille is rich enough to not have to worry about it.

Well, freedom of speech in the Constitution is about citizens not having to be in fear of being jailed or censored for speaking against government.  I agree that people do have a right to their opinions. Regardless of what we call what Camille said, she was dead wrong to say that a rape victim will always tell someone around the time of the rape.  My point is that she has no way to know that.  Making blanket statements about things a person can never prove is idiotic to me, but I think you will agree with me that Camille cannot speak to the behavior that every rape victim will exhibit.  I don't think the cast members who had a problem with Camille's comments had an issue because of being in Hollywood.  I think most people who claim to be victims should be believed unless there is proof that they could have ulterior motives and/or are lying.  I was shocked like Lisa that Camille accused an alleged victim of lying, but could not provide a valid reason as to why.  

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Well, freedom of speech in the Constitution is about citizens not having to be in fear of being jailed or censored for speaking against government.  I agree that people do have a right to their opinions. Regardless of what we call what Camille said, she was dead wrong to say that a rape victim will always tell someone around the time of the rape.  My point is that she has no way to know that.  Making blanket statements about things a person can never prove is idiotic to me, but I think you will agree with me that Camille cannot speak to the behavior that every rape victim will exhibit.  I don't think the cast members who had a problem with Camille's comments had an issue because of being in Hollywood.  I think most people who claim to be victims should be believed unless there is proof that they could have ulterior motives and/or are lying.  I was shocked like Lisa that Camille accused an alleged victim of lying, but could not provide a valid reason as to why.  

Remember that we only saw a snippet of what happened with that conversation. Camille was obviously wrong when she said all victims tell someone (I know I didn’t). Maybe she has received some more insight and education into the issue now. 

I am sure most of us have opinions that have changed over time based upon gathering new facts and information. I know a number of people who thought that only certain types of women get in and stay in abusive marriages. Then I can educate them and let them know I was one of them. They are surprised. While I get frustrated with their ignorance I  look as it as an opportunity to educate and enlighten others.

Camille has a right to believe Kavanaugh or Ford, we are all allowed our personal opinions based upon the hearing we heard, the questioning of both of them, and evidence (or lack of evidence) produced during the hearing.

Not going down this rabbit hole, but I will say that people have a right to their opinions. You may think Camille is idiotic for believing Kavanaugh, but that doesn’t make her an awful person. She looked at the same evidence as you and came to a different conclusion than you did; As did many other Americans, including many who had been sexually assaulted themselves. 

We are so blessed to have freedom of speech in our country and we shouldn’t taken it for granted. However, many do not feel that they can state their opinion anymore without being labeled. I have a good friend in Metro Atlanta who told me she couldn’t tell other friends she had voted for Clinton. I have a good friend in Portland, Oregon who told me she couldn’t tell any of her friends or her husband that she voted for Trump (it was about the economy). This makes me sad. 

• Love 10
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:19 PM, langford peel said:

You have precisely described what freedom of speech is all about. You should be able to espouse your opinion  without being the subject of personal and sometimes physical attacks. You don’t get to determine that it is idiotic. That’s not your call.

As much as it is Camille's "call" that Kavanaugh is innocent, it is my call that her opinion is idiotic.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from reaction to your opinion.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, VioletMarx said:

As much as it is Camille's "call" that Kavanaugh is innocent, it is my call that her opinion is idiotic.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from reaction to your opinion.

When Camille or anyone insists a woman must be lying about an assault because she may not have told anyone when it happened, it is hurtful. I’ve never experienced a man raping me, but I’ve had inappropriate touching happen numerous times. It can be really embarrassing to talk about, especially if you’re young or the circumstances are different. Sometimes the person who abuses you is a relative/someone you love. Sometimes you have no one to turn to period. So many factors play in to why a woman or child may or may not tell anyone.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I am absolutely in love with that name! 😁

Early in her career, while doing stand-up, Rosanne Barr said she spent her (first) honeymoon at the beautiful Izzit Inn. 

• LOL 2
Just now, langford peel said:

Camille was the victim of violence and abuse

This is a legit question:  When was she violently abused?  Do you mean in her marriage?  I know it was an awful marriage in the last few years of it, but I wasn't aware she was the victim of physical violence.  Or do you mean when she was (allegedly) hooking in the Middle East?  If this really happened to her, I'd be interested to know in what context.  And of course if she spoke up about it at the time.  I might've missed when she talked about this on the show.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Mondrianyone said:

This is a legit question:  When was she violently abused?  Do you mean in her marriage?  I know it was an awful marriage in the last few years of it, but I wasn't aware she was the victim of physical violence.  Or do you mean when she was (allegedly) hooking in the Middle East?  If this really happened to her, I'd be interested to know in what context.  And of course if she spoke up about it at the time.  I might've missed when she talked about this on the show.

I don’t know about sexual abuse, but her ex boyfriend physically abused her.

I think she also felt emotionally abused by Kelsey, but I could be remembering wrong. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

It happened after her marriage. Her boyfriend at the time attacked her while she was recovering from cancer surgery. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

It happened after her marriage. Her boyfriend at the time attacked her while she was recovering from cancer surgery. 

Camille has really been through hell. Bless her. I hope her new guy treats her well. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I don’t know about sexual abuse, but her ex boyfriend physically abused her.

I think she also felt emotionally abused by Kelsey, but I could be remembering wrong. 

I thought having to look at Kelsey's face would be emotional abuse 😁

But yes, I get it...Camille chose him. I'm not a big fan of Camille but I will always feel a bit sad for the public humiliation she didn't see coming. She really did appear to like Kelsey and wanted to have a good marriage.  But who the f knows with these "celebrities"?

• Love 4
On 4/23/2019 at 8:58 AM, gritz said:

Thanks. I couldn't access Rinna's IG story in the first link, and the account in the second link that supposedly belongs to Phillips doesn't seem to be official/verified. But, thanks anyway.

Looks like another poster beat me to it with the links but that’s definitely Julianne. Rinna even posted a video clip on Instagram of the two of them at dinner with Julianne’s husband/partner.

• Love 1