Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: A Supreme Snub

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

I’m not a Teddi fan and I’m in no way impressed with her rhetorical prowess, but the phrase “believe women” doesn’t colloquially mean what you think it does. What it has come to mean within popular culture (related to the #metoo movement) is that we should believe women when they talk about sexual assault or abuse they have suffered. It doesn’t mean that we believe women on EVERYTHING, but it is an acknowledgment that women are often not believed when they divulge incidents of abuse and assault, and, statistically speaking, false reports of sexual assault are incredibly rare. Despite my distaste for Teddi, I’m willing to bet that she’s spent enough time on social media to know the cultural context of “believe women” and was in no way making a statement beyond allegations of sexual assault and abuse.

It's not really a question of whether "believ[ing] women" has a colloquial meaning, because Teddi didn't present it that way.  She provided no context whatsoever, so I took it literally.  

I'm not going to get into the substance of what you're saying, as that would go beyond the scope of the women's discussion as it pertains to Justice K.  

What I can and will talk about is the form--one may not take an entire movement and boil it down to a word or phrase that is so abstract as to render it absurd ("believe women") and use it as a weapon in the form of a rhetorical question anytime someone casts doubts on the words of one or several women, thus placing the recipient of the rhetoric on the defensive and in a no-win position.

I'm not saying people don't do it--they do it all the time--but it's a low-level, base, crass form of argumentation, and I wouldn't engage in it.  

It's as if there was a debate about the designated hitter rule and people who were against the DHR declared themselves to be the Pure Baseball fans.  They can call themselves that.  It's all good.  What they may not do is ask people who espouse support for the designated hitter rule "so you don't believe in purity?"  That's ridiculous on its face.  

If Teddi wanted to ask Camille how and whether her views on MeToo fit into the discussion, Teddi could have chewed her food, swallowed it, and then she could have said, "Camille, does the MeToo movement inform your view in any way, and if so, how?"  That would get the same exact info across without incitement.  

But that's Teddi's MO now.  She ignites and incites.  She seems kind of angry about something.  

I'm not really open to changing my opinion about the acceptable forms of argument and the unacceptable ones. I made my mind up about that a long time ago, when I received a formal education on the subject. Teddi may not use a slogan from social media to berate her peers into agreeing with her.  It's beyond the pale.  That's my opinion.  Agree to disagree.  

• Love 18
1 hour ago, watcherwoman said:

I wish all celebrities and faux celebrities would just shut up about politics.  My Gawd, why would I listen to any of them after they kept their mouths shut about Harvey and all the others who sexually harassed women?  As long as these women were getting jobs and becoming famous, they were just fine with harassment.  Now they all jump on the #me too movement?  Because it's the new thing?  Rinna would suck anyone's dick if they offered her a starring role in anything.  I'm sorry I believe that.  Besides, she's always baring her ugly ass on camera and harassing me with her disgusting lady parts.

They need to just stick to their botox, plastic surgery, screwing old men for money, and pill popping to wear a size zero, you know, things they understand, and not offer any discussion about serious issues in life.   Real victims have every right to be heard, but these cows are too stupid to be discussing these matters, IMO.

Agreed and Amen!!! Like I said before, this stuff should not be featured on these shows at all. We watch it for entertainment. 

• Love 16

Shouldn’t Lisa Rinna be on Social Media making Fun of Catholics and other Christians on Good Friday?

Maybe she can tweet a photo of her eating a big steak.

Wait a minute she doesn’t eat.

I am sure she can come up with something to mock the sincere religious beliefs of millions of people. It’s what she does.

• LOL 6
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, langford peel said:

Shouldn’t Lisa Rinna be on Social Media making Fun of Catholics and other Christians on Good Friday?

I am sure she can come up with something to mock the sincere religious beliefs of millions of people. It’s what she does.

When you've sold your soul to makefor 15 minutes of fame and a fast buck, its easy to make fun of others who have beliefs, sincerity, and character. 

• Love 14
18 hours ago, halkatla said:

How sick are they (Lois and Lisa) to compare that in any way to Kavanaugh? (teenage boy who went into a room with a 15 year old girl and didn´t rape her - in her words she got away without him even so much as kissing her, but she never got over it despite never telling anyone.... until now...) Sorry, SMH. I´ve had friends who were raped as teenagers but never pressed charges, but they still talked to someone. Women are attacked in many ways and never press charges but they ALWAYS TALK to someone (friend, family, random stranger, law enforcer...). Lisa´s mom told the authorities and therefore we know about this serial killer who targeted her.

No they don't. At least, I didn't. Until the #metoo movement, more than 30 years after. And I lost a friend (it was her dad.)

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, langford peel said:

How about another nude selfie? 😦

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

It's not really a question of whether "believ[ing] women" has a colloquial meaning, because Teddi didn't present it that way.  She provided no context whatsoever, so I took it literally.  

I'm not going to get into the substance of what you're saying, as that would go beyond the scope of the women's discussion as it pertains to Justice K.  

What I can and will talk about is the form--one may not take an entire movement and boil it down to a word or phrase that is so abstract as to render it absurd ("believe women") and use it as a weapon in the form of a rhetorical question anytime someone casts doubts on the words of one or several women, thus placing the recipient of the rhetoric on the defensive and in a no-win position.

I'm not saying people don't do it--they do it all the time--but it's a low-level, base, crass form of argumentation, and I wouldn't engage in it.  

It's as if there was a debate about the designated hitter rule and people who were against the DHR declared themselves to be the Pure Baseball fans.  They can call themselves that.  It's all good.  What they may not do is ask people who espouse support for the designated hitter rule "so you don't believe in purity?"  That's ridiculous on its face.  

If Teddi wanted to ask Camille how and whether her views on MeToo fit into the discussion, Teddi could have chewed her food, swallowed it, and then she could have said, "Camille, does the MeToo movement inform your view in any way, and if so, how?"  That would get the same exact info across without incitement.  

But that's Teddi's MO now.  She ignites and incites.  She seems kind of angry about something.  

I'm not really open to changing my opinion about the acceptable forms of argument and the unacceptable ones. I made my mind up about that a long time ago, when I received a formal education on the subject. Teddi may not use a slogan from social media to berate her peers into agreeing with her.  It's beyond the pale.  That's my opinion.  Agree to disagree.  

The above argument about Teddi using unfair tactics stands, but what is asserted below didn't happen. 

17 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

But Teddi was such a dunderhead in her assessment that I was appalled. When Camille expressed disagreement with LisaR, Teddi was so quick to jump in that she didn't even wait to finish chewing, so instead she covered her giant veneers with her man hands (or, as Ben and Ronnie call them, mayor hands), and she said something to Camille like, "don't you believe women?"

She didn't cover her giant veneers with her man hands so that she could quickly jump in.  At first when Camille insist parents or friends would be told Teddi interjects "Noooo.  I don't agree.  I do not agree." while shaking her head and holding up her pointer finger and thumb like a European counting to two on their fingers, or possibly a mother scolding a child, and it appears she isn't quite done swallowing at this point.  The argument goes on with Robin, the friend of Rinna, sharing her experience, Camille sharing hers, and with Rinna squawking a bunch of shit about believing and Camille getting heated and saying it's a he said-she said and pisses her off.  Teddi is then sitting there giving Camille an incredulous side-eye and not eating when she says "You don't think women should be heard?" (her hands are down by her plate like she was about to pick up her fork at this point) which is obviously not what Camille was saying at all.  Later Teddi is sitting there listening and tries to say something ("I don't, but she's...") and gets cut off.  Then she is still just sitting there not eating and listening when she asks Camille "But Camille, how would you feel right now if I said to you 'I don't believe you and your story?'" while karate chopping one of her hands on the table for emphasis.  I think the editing was a little choppy though because it seems like the amount of food on plates jumps around.

• Love 6

To all of you who shared your stories, thank you - wish I could give you all hugs, bouquets of spring flowers (and a well-poured cocktail of your choice ; ) xo

Ha! :)

Followed by an Instagram story to celebrate the rebirth of Jesus: a flaming baked Alaska cupcake shaped like Notre Dame.

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Denise said that she'd only been in the Malibu house for about a month (at the time of the Dorit visit), so she's pretty much admitting she rented the place for filming.  I kinda like her so far, but she's now on the same list as Kim, Brandi, and Dorit for renting places appropriate for filming this show. 

I echo the WTF? thinking on Kyle's one-shoulder dress at Lois' dinner.  Look, we all know she's slimmed down and is toned.  We've seen her in a bikini.  But that one shoulder deal made her look super stout and like she had my matronly upper arms.  I get she has no friends that will tell her the truth, but surely one of the 4 daughters can step up!

We're gonna have to watch closely at Erika's show performance to see if that dancer who booted her in the head makes it out on tour or if he's now chained up in Boy George's basement.

I always have such high hopes for Kyle especially since Mauricio started making some coin

However, every year I see her in an outfit at some point and picture a Garden Gnome that got hammered into the ground one too many times

• LOL 18
  • Love 3

Oh shit, so I guess I took, ahem, liberties with what Teddi said and did at the Lois dinner (I'm believing y'all, cause I ain't watching it twice!) and kind of confused her mayor hands with the chewing and misapplied her words.  Maybe I was suffering from Pretend Amnesia.

Normally I would be contrite and say "sorry Teddi," but I think I'm going to take a page out of Teddi's book instead and insist that a.) I was manipulated into saying it; and b.) she is going to do and say those exact things over the course of the rest of the season where THE TRUTH WILL BE REVEALED.

How does it feel, Baby Doll Mellencamp?  

• LOL 18
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Jel said:

LOL, I'll leave my original post up (with a mini edit) as a testament to my dumbassery!

No dumbassery involved! I've had my share of brain farts on these forums, and know as soon as I hit 'submit' that I want to crawl under the desk!  Thing is, everybody on here is so great about making a joke about stuff and helping us to laugh over our funny errors.  At least I think they're laughing with me and not at me! 😉

45 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Oh shit, so I guess I took, ahem, liberties with what Teddi said and did at the Lois dinner (I'm believing y'all, cause I ain't watching it twice!) and kind of confused her mayor hands with the chewing and misapplied her words.

I fast forwarded through so much of this episode that I have no idea what she said and what might've gotten "misremembered!"  I would go with Option B of your post, LibertarianSlut.  I have no doubt that you will be proven right!   Oh you, the great seer of the HWs!!  🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I've disliked them ever since that comment.  That's a reflection on Rinna's parenting, IMO.  

This is the same Lisa Rinna who called her customers so fat that they couldn't find their own vaginas when she first started facing. backlash a couple of seasons ago, so sounds about right. 

• Love 21
On 4/17/2019 at 3:10 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

Seeing Rinna and the Hamlets at the sham woo-woo "health" center wasn't zany or wacky.  We've already seen cryo on this stupid show and I didn't need to see the Hamlets histrionically scream their way trough it. 

Rinna should be the last one to accuse anyone of making things all about themselves. 

Loved your whole post, but raving about "Hamlets!"

I'm getting particularly bugged with all these shows and their sham "health" excursions, along with all the "mediums." It's hard for me to believe so many people are into that stuff. It's on the Lifetime reality shows as well.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I've disliked them ever since that comment.  That's a reflection on Rinna's parenting, IMO.   When my son was in his teens, although he was very active and playing sports, he struggled with his weight.  One doctor wrongly assumed that I let him sit in front of the TV eating chips and drinking Coke.  She was wrong. He worked out everyday with his sports activities.  I wanted to deck her. 😉   Anyway, I was always on the petite side, so we discussed body image quite a bit.  If there was a comment made towards him or others at school, we addressed it.  I told him that no matter what size or height a person is, there's always that one dumbass (or girls like Rinna's) who are going to say something.   I got the "when are you going to grow up" comments, and the "I don't want to date her, she's too small" comment.  I'm sure that many of us dealt with assholes like this for various reasons.  My point is, I talked to my son about it and he was very sympathetic to other people, so making fun of people's appearance wasn't something we did.  It's just rude.  Rinna shouldn't have just brushed off her girls' comment like that.  I have a feeling that wasn't the first time she's heard something like that though.  

My son went to a small elementary school, and one student had Cerebral Palsy.  It was a really good learning experience for the kids to be able to help this young boy and to see that even though he had physical limitations, he was the same kid at heart as the rest of them.  I was proud that they were all protective of him.  I know that that experience was one of many that helped him and his friends to develop empathy for those who had physical issues.  

Rinna should be ashamed that her daughters made such a horrible comment.  They might just be making a wrong ASSumption about why some of the people they saw had weight issues.  It's not always about the food.  Genetics can play a role too, or they might have serious health issues which prevent them from exercising strenuously.  They are truly clueless. 

Lovely post, ChitChat -- you sound like an awesome mom 🙂

I'll also add this -- even if those "mid western chub chubs" were overweight because they drank Coke and sat in front of the tv all day, it;s still a rude and crappy thing to say. 

• Love 16

I really thought it was mean and hateful how Camille brought up Lisa's teeth.  And the way the other women cackled was just gross.  That said, even before RHOBH this year, while watching VPR, I thought that Lisa's teeth looked bigger/different.  Did she get veneers?

Edited by Brooke0707
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Brooke0707 said:

I really thought it was mean and hateful how Camille brought up Lisa's teeth.  And the way the other women cackled was just gross.  That said, even before RHOBH this year, while watching VPR, I thought that Lisa's teeth looked bigger/different.  Did she get veneers?

She did. I believe she used the same dentist Kyle did.

25 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

This is the same Lisa Rinna who called her customers so fat that they couldn't find their own vaginas when she first started facing. backlash a couple of seasons ago, so sounds about right. 

Here is exactly what she posted on Instagram:

Lisa_Rinna_Instagram_rant_.jpg

Guess I need to get some cats, pull some teeth, and misplace my vagina.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Jel said:

I'll also add this -- even if those "mid western chub chubs" were overweight because they drank Coke and sat in front of the tv all day, it;s still a rude and crappy thing to say. 

So true.  They should've been taught that one needs to keep these kinds of thoughts to themselves, but instead, they learned their verbal diarrhea from their mother.  And sadly, I think she was a terrible example when it came to issues with food.

Thanks for the kind words, Jel.  My son was lucky to have a great group of friends through all of his school years.  That helps too!

13 minutes ago, Brooke0707 said:

That said, even RHOBH this year, while watching VPR, I thought that Lisa's teeth looked bigger/different.  Did she get veneers?

We think she had some old crowns replaced.  If I could get her in the dental chair, I could tell you what they are!  I can't see the details of them up close enough on the show, but either way, veneers look pretty much the same as crowns do on the facial (front) surface.  A crown covers the entire tooth: the outer shell of the teeth are trimmed down in preparation for a crown;  whereas with a veneer, some of the facial surface is smoothed down and the veneer covers that and wraps around the incisal edge of the front teeth.  I think there are some newer types of veneers that I haven't seen or worked with.  I'm sure they've got the latest and greatest techniques out in BH.  Hope this helps! 

Wow to that post by Rinna.  My dislike of her continues to get stronger. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Useful 4
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I always have such high hopes for Kyle especially since Mauricio started making some coin

However, every year I see her in an outfit at some point and picture a Garden Gnome that got hammered into the ground one too many times

I'm not sure how me and my gnarmy of gnomes feel about that.

yahoo movies 90s GIF

Edited by dosodog
I call them Murphys. Because of my grandma!
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I'm not sure how me and my gnarmy of gnomes feel about that.

yahoo movies 90s GIF

You know how some people have a fear of dolls? I think I just developed one of gnomes. It's disconcerting to see so many all together like that. I mean one I could take in a fight, but a group... with pick axes? I'm going to start carrying around a five iron at all times and practice swinging it. I say this in case any neighbourhood gnomes are reading this and are thinking of planning something.

5 iron. Don't come at me, bros.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Jel said:

And he orders every crown color "blue white". In Ramona's pic, her top teeth and bottom teeth are two different colors. One is human teeth colore and the other is the color your white t-shirt glows under a black light. 

This is the tooth dude who did Kyle, Moaner and (maybe?) LVP:

https://www.allure.com/story/michael-apa-worlds-most-passionate-dentist

Any of you who watched NY during the Cindy season remember the dentist who redid her veneers? Now that was a great job (he was Jill's guy, too.)

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Jel said:

And he orders every crown color "blue white".

That's interesting.  I've seen natural teeth be almost transparent and some with a blue shade due to over whitening.  It's not natural looking up close!  We have shade guides in the dental office when we're picking out shades for crowns, dentures and partials.  We try to steer people away from the brightest white because it usually looks fake, or if it's a crown, that usually doesn't match the other teeth.  A lot of the older crowns have a more yellow look to them, so there are people who are changing those out one crown at a time!  I think some of the HWs went a little too bright with their shade choice.  Of course wearing red lipstick makes the teeth look whiter, so it might be a combination of that and the crown/veneer itself. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I’m not going to watch this episode. No way I’m getting in the muck of the Brett K shitshow. Applies to both sides (one more than the other for me).

Thank you ladies though, for a much more intelligent and heartfelt conversation, than I know I’d ever get, if I actually watch the episode.

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, DBAAT said:

I love this show, and have been watching the Housewives since OC started, but I watch it because it is entertaining. The fact that Bravo is allowing political discussions on yet another show is upsetting to me. Even if they were discussing these issues, Bravo has the control to edit it out. I pray that someone from Bravo reads these posts and hears that nobody wants to listen to political talk on these shows. It's leaking into every aspect of our lives and enough is enough. I just want some peace when I watch tv and sports. 

Oh, now, here you lost me when you said sports.

😁

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I am curious as to what the other fights that were teased in the promo will be about since Lisa removed herself as a punching bag.

What the hell would penetrate Denise RIchards pot fogged brain.....well besides her husbands huge penis. She seems so out of it I can't figure out what would get her pissed off at Camille like that.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

Also, while I was technically on Rinna’s side during the argument, she really needs to sit down on the championing of women shtick if she isn’t going to stand with all women who face discrimination- even the fat, ugly, hoarding, teeth missing, cat-owning, missing vagina women. Shaming women based on their weight, socioeconomic class, and mental health (all embedded in this one quote) is part and parcel of the same misogynistic culture that silences victims of sexual assault.

I feel the same way about Lala Kent and her "feminism".

1 minute ago, langford peel said:

I am curious as to what the other fights that were teased in the promo will be about since Lisa removed herself as a punching bag.

What the hell would penetrate Denise RIchards pot fogged brain.....well besides her husbands huge penis. She seems so out of it I can't figure out what would get her pissed off at Camille like that.

Maybe Camille says that David's penis is bigger than Aaron's?

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

Also, while I was technically on Rinna’s side during the argument, she really needs to sit down on the championing of women shtick if she isn’t going to stand with all women who face discrimination- 

I didn't think she was championing women that much.

She was pushing too hard that Harry was on edge and Harry was glued to the TV.  Both times she introduced the topic it came across as Harry is obsessed with the hearing because he's so supportive of women before she launched fully into the topic. I mean he's at home glued to the TV instead of out to lunch or getting cryo whatever.  It was actually the clunkiest and most poorly acted intro to a topic that I've seen from Rinna in a while.

It was weird.  Then I remembered the rumors and it was less weird.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, renatae said:

Loved your whole post, but raving about "Hamlets!"

I'm getting particularly bugged with all these shows and their sham "health" excursions, along with all the "mediums." It's hard for me to believe so many people are into that stuff. It's on the Lifetime reality shows as well.

The least they could do is support Big Dick Aaron's sham clinic instead of some rando's cryo/IV joint.

Someone else came up with Hamlets.  I think it was around the Tokyo episode.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, langford peel said:

If Kyle wants a lesson on how a real friend acts she should talk to Joyce. She recently gave an interview in the Daily Mail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6929819/RHOBH-star-Joyce-Giraud-slams-petty-cast-mates-ganging-Lisa-Vanderpump.html

Joyce states that Kyle tried to turn her against Lisa and that Brandi tried to enlist her in an attack in much the same way they enlisted Teddi this season. This is old news. Joyce refused and got to know Lisa. She states that she is a kind friend and they are close to this very day. Witness the fact that she was at the opening of the new joint in Vegas.

That's what a friend does Kyle. She doesn't join in on a realty show pile on. Now Lisa and Kyle are finished. I only hope that Lisa is finished with this show unless they totally revamp the cast. They are obviously worthless or they wouldn't bring the likes of Brandi and Kim Richards back.

It's time to clean house. (Somebody explain that to Rinna because she doesn't have any idea what a clean house looks like...just sayn')

It's interesting that in that article, the Daily Mail says that Dorit gave Lucy to a friend, and then, the friend brought the dog to the shelter after a family emergency.  That is the first I'm hearing about a family emergency from this phantom friend.  I know that the Daily Mail is no better and sometimes worse with the truth than Radar Online and TMZ, so I'll take that comment with a grain of salt, but I think that the Daily Mail just gave Dorit another excuse to use in her defense.  Who's giving odds that we'll hear that line during the Reunion?  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

It's interesting that in that article, the Daily Mail says that Dorit gave Lucy to a friend, and then, the friend brought the dog to the shelter after a family emergency.  That is the first I'm hearing about a family emergency from this phantom friend.  I know that the Daily Mail is no better and sometimes worse with the truth than Radar Online and TMZ, so I'll take that comment with a grain of salt, but I think that the Daily Mail just gave Dorit another excuse to use in her defense.  Who's giving odds that we'll hear that line during the Reunion?  

I'm curious about what kind of family emergency necessitates dumping your dog off at the pound.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

kim bitchards, tmc fr, and vile kyle are the reasons I stopped watching this show a while back. I only tuned in again recently and from the looks of it, I'll need to bail again as the aforementioned three plus rinna are not my idea of entertainment. I am an LVP fan, and am not at all blind to her antics. But, IMO, the difference between LVP and the others is that I've never considered LVP to be deliberately vicous. House porn, food porn, adorable, pets and sexy cars I never get tired of. But the oft repeated gang up on LVP just isn't entertaining. Vile needs to get over herself and her massive jealous streak.

• Love 24
10 hours ago, film noire said:

The Go Fund Me goal was 150 K (to cover legal bills/ security needed to escape death threats). People ended up giving 650 K (680 K by some reports) at which point Blasey Ford shut it down, saying any funds not used for security would be donated to orgs for trauma survivors. Several news sites confirm that (this is from Fox): "Blasey Ford used some of the more than $600,000 donated to her after she accused Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault to pay for security and housing, she said in a rare public statement"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/christine-blasey-ford-used-gofundme-money-to-pay-for-security-housing

The  irony to me is that Camile was upset because she felt stories were being spread and facts not being reported, but she herself had no facts to offer and nothing else on hand but a sob story about herself. 

True colors (blue-white or otherwise ; )

applause.gif

Thank you for posting this. It is unfortunately common to undermine the experience of survivors by claiming that they are coming forward "for the money." I've never met a survivor who is rich because of a settlement and given the revictimization that survivors experience when they speak publicly about their experience, it's a long way to go "for the money."

I don't mind these women talking politics or current events. It's actually kind of refreshing that they are aware of the world outside their Beverly Hills bubble. Camille was way off-base, in my opinion. 

• Love 24