Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: A Supreme Snub

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Surprised Rinna has not bought the rights to the story, in order to EP and cast herself as Lois. 

How sick are they (Lois and Lisa) to compare that in any way to Kavanaugh? (teenage boy who went into a room with a 15 year old girl and didn´t rape her - in her words she got away without him even so much as kissing her, but she never got over it despite never telling anyone.... until now...) Sorry, SMH. I´ve had friends who were raped as teenagers but never pressed charges, but they still talked to someone. Women are attacked in many ways and never press charges but they ALWAYS TALK to someone (friend, family, random stranger, law enforcer...). Lisa´s mom told the authorities and therefore we know about this serial killer who targeted her.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

This week was the first time I shut it off to do something else.  I found answering angry emails from work more relaxing.  I can't watch that crap and then go to bed!  It's too infuriating in a bad way.   I think it might be time to bury this dead horse. -😞

Same. I watched the preview, fast forwarded, saw Erika whack her head (perfection), fast forwarded to see Rinna in yet another leopard print dress, fake-gushing over LOW-ISSS!! (gross) then clicked it off. So fucking bored. Back to only watching RHONY...will wait to watch the reunion but only if LVP shows. 

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Dutchgirl said:

Same. I watched the preview, fast forwarded, saw Erika whack her head (perfection), fast forwarded to see Rinna in yet another leopard print dress, fake-gushing over LOW-ISSS!! (gross) then clicked it off. So fucking bored. Back to only watching RHONY...will wait to watch the reunion but only if LVP shows. 

Watching Ericka get some sense knocked into her was the only thing worth seeing.  I can just imagine the fit she had off camera.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 8

Those hags were so jealous of not being invited to Lisa’s birthday....they pounded Denise for details.  

Dorit’s boobs....🤢🤢

I just know Kyle wishes she wouldn’t have sided with the other heifers.  She is so stupid.  

• Love 14

Denise has been eating well on this show. 

It doesn't surprise me that Lisa, who's married to an uber liberal, and Camille, who married Kelsey who is an uber conservative, would be on opposite ends of the trial debate. I don't know if their political views match their (ex)husband's, but they both were/are with extreme radicals on either end, so I'm sure they were fired up  on the trial.

I'm not sure why Camille was so surprised Lisa V wasn't there. Camille doesn't even like her given her cruel jabs at her for no reason than laughs and attention. 

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, halkatla said:

Women are attacked in many ways and never press charges but they ALWAYS TALK to someone (friend, family, random stranger, law enforcer...).

*deep breath*

I was sexually assaulted at 13.

I've never told a soul until right now.

23 years and I never breathed a word about it. First, it was about fear (he threatened to kill me if I told). Then it was about shame.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, walnutqueen said:

That is just not true.

Sure, but Christine Blasey Ford is not one of them. Her history and situation in life should be enough to prove where her motivation (for lying) came from. If what she said was true then she should have kept quiet, because next to noting was actually done...

I could have said "most women" out of the many who experience something like this. Because most of them tell their story to someone along the way., without regard to power and influence. But of course there are women and men who never tell anyone (but it still does not excuse Blasey Ford)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

*deep breath*

23 years and I never breathed a word about it. First, it was about fear (he threatened to kill me if I told). Then it was about shame.

I believe you.  I am sorry.  ❤️

• Love 23
5 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

*deep breath*

I hope it helped to say it here.  I’m so sorry.  ❤️😢

• Love 24
46 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

He wasn't on trial, though. It was a job interview. "Innocent until proven guilty" really shouldn't have applied.

I disagree. Given this particular situation, it should've been handled that way.   Instead, he ended up being on trial by the court of public & media opinion.  Rinna jumped on the bandwagon of "guilty until proven innocent," as she seems to do so frequently.  Even if LVP comes back to this show, I'm not sure I'll watch it with Rinna still on it.  I'm really tired of her schtick. 

• Love 19
18 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I'm sorry you went through that.  It's a hell of a thing to live with.  

• Love 14
2 hours ago, JD5166 said:

I don’t think the estrangement was about telling family secrets (nobody CARES about their damn mother!) I think it was more about Kyle making money, telling HER truth, about THEIR mom and their family and not including them in the process. She’s a selfish twat, if I were going to tell a story based on my family life about a mother I shared with two other people, I would consult them and include them in the process. Let’s face it tho, Kim’s story is probably the best, she was probably just too f*ked up to remember it. Kyle already stole her goddamned house, she might as well steal her stories, too. 

Then we must agree to disagree. My sister can't tell me what to use as a basis for a fictional creation and I can't tell her either. We don't know they were not asked to be included; seems like Kyle ran it by them and they freaked out. And I have no reason to believe Kim's stories (or house, for that matter) were "stolen." Seriously, that show was far from scandalous dirty laundry--it was a basic sitcom. 

I do agree that Kim was probably often fucked up over the years...which is probably why they freaked out for no reason.

(but it still does not excuse Blasey Ford)

Excuse her from what, exactly? Also, it must be exhausting to know what all women, as a rule, do and don’t do.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Julyolo said:

You are totally correct. It WAS part of Rinna's storyline that her mother had dementia, and therefore was not able to appropriately interact with her family or others.

It was Rinna's dad who had dementia. She went to help pack him and her (step?)mom up to move out of their home. 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

This is my take as it pertains to the women's discussion at the Lois dinner:  Teddi sucks.

Neither LisaR nor Camille were making cogent points at the Lois dinner, but at least they were saying something that I could wrap my brain around.

Camille was saying that the accuser would have told someone if it happened and that smear campaigns can be hurtful, all of which she knows firsthand.

LisaR was saying the accuser has credibility because she's a doctor, she feels bad at how the woman is being treated, and that she wouldn't necessarily have told anyone, and that's not the standard for how honest someone is being.

Fair enough.  I don't watch these shows to raise my IQ.

But Teddi was such a dunderhead in her assessment that I was appalled. When Camille expressed disagreement with LisaR, Teddi was so quick to jump in that she didn't even wait to finish chewing, so instead she covered her giant veneers with her man hands (or, as Ben and Ronnie call them, mayor hands), and she said something to Camille like, "don't you believe women?"  What kind of low-down character assassination straw (wo)man bullshit question is that?  How is Camille supposed to answer that?  Why didn't Teddi just ask Camille when Camille stopped beating her wife?  It's just as much of an unfair rhetorical question.  Did Teddi even think out what she meant, or was she just repeating something she heard, although that certainly doesn't sound like something Teddi would do! (John Blizzard, Lucy Lucy, allegedly LPV notwithstanding) Was she asking whether Camille believes the approximately 3.85 billion women alive today...in every word they say?  What an absurdly dumb question.  It's like asking whether someone believes people.  

I would have just gotten up and excused myself if someone said something that potentially inflammatory and silly to me.

Teddi, do you believe women?  Why are you proud to say that you kick women off of your accountability program if they cheat?  Why don't you believe they're doing the best they can?  Why didn't you believe LVP that she didn't plant the story?  Why did you believe John Blizzard (a man) that Dorit had kept a dog locked in a basement for months without hearing the woman's side of it?  If the creed is to "believe women," then Teddi is not walking her own walk.  If this were a court of law, and I were a juror, I would conclude that, by making such a statement (a rhetorical question is really just a statement in disguise), Teddi's credibility has been further cast in doubt, including all of her testimony against LVP, and I would have to re-review it all in light of the circumstances.

Oh, it looked very much like Dorit wanted to weigh in too.  Sorry we missed the brain trust at work.

I had to agree with Kyle on the fact that 1.) everyone is allowed to have an opinion (which means you don't try to shame someone or trick them when they don't agree with you); and 2.) don't talk politics, religion or sex at the table (I learned it as politics, religion and sports, but six of one...).  I avoid politics at the table like the plague, even with people who are generally in keeping with me, because anything can set anyone off.  I think LisaR was trying to score points with Lois, and she still has a hard-on for Camille for inventing that crazy shit about Dorit having a fake accent and creditors.  I think Camille was trying to have her own soap opera moment.  It was uncomfortable. 

I haven't been an LVP fan this season, but it's true what people said--once she was removed, the women went in on each other.  I watched a documentary about rats, and they interviewed an exterminator who had studied rats in a controlled environment.  He said that rats are extremely smart and they do care for their young, but once you remove the food, all bets are off, and they begin to consume one another.  I wonder why that thought entered my mind...

I learned it was politics, religion or money!

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

It was Rinna's dad who had dementia. She went to help pack him and her (step?)mom up to move out of their home. 

That's what I thought.

They moved into a senior complex because it was getting difficult for Lois to take care of him and their house.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

*deep breath*

I'm so sorry. I too believe you.

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Then we must agree to disagree. My sister can't tell me what to use as a basis for a fictional creation and I can't tell her either. We don't know they were not asked to be included; seems like Kyle ran it by them and they freaked out. And I have no reason to believe Kim's stories (or house, for that matter) were "stolen." Seriously, that show was far from scandalous dirty laundry--it was a basic sitcom. 

I do agree that Kim was probably often fucked up over the years...which is probably why they freaked out for no reason.

Excuse her from what, exactly? Also, it must be exhausting to know know what all women, as a rule, do.

“Fictional” haha anyway my post was mostly a joke, especially about stealing her goddam house...I love saying that. I still think that it was not being included was the nail in the coffin for those sisters. 

I especially like the “fictional” show about dueling real estate agencies she’s plugging. I don’t know why Kathy wouldn’t talk to her anymore. For the record, I think they’re all sssholes. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

*deep breath*

I'm so sorry.  I just want to be clear that the reason I hit the heart was in support and as a hug, not because I was liking the content.  It was kind of an awkward emoji choice.  

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, smores said:

I'm so sorry.  I just want to be clear that the reason I hit the heart was in support and as a hug, not because I was liking the content.  It was kind of an awkward emoji choice.  

I totally get it.

We're all good here, unlike BH which would milk it for 3 episodes.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Since sexual assault, and people's reactions to it, often inform people's opinions about the main discussion, we're giving some leeway to sharing how personal experiences inform your thoughts on the episode.  But since these threads can get really long and move fast, we'd appreciate moving further discussion and supportive thoughts to the small talk thread or private message.  

Thank you! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Julyolo said:

You are totally correct. It WAS part of Rinna's storyline that her mother had dementia, and therefore was not able to appropriately interact with her family or others.

Her mother had a serious stroke about five years ago and apparently has made a remarkable recovery.  Good for her.  She seems like a pretty strong woman given this and her survival of a brutal assault. 

• Love 13

I love this show, and have been watching the Housewives since OC started, but I watch it because it is entertaining. The fact that Bravo is allowing political discussions on yet another show is upsetting to me. Even if they were discussing these issues, Bravo has the control to edit it out. I pray that someone from Bravo reads these posts and hears that nobody wants to listen to political talk on these shows. It's leaking into every aspect of our lives and enough is enough. I just want some peace when I watch tv and sports. 

• Love 23

So let me get this straight. 

Rinna has no empathy for anyone...is often violent (glass breaking incident)...has dead soulless eyes....and is basically a sociopath.

Plus her sweet mother seems afraid of her and stays as far away from her as she can.

That tears it. Lisa Rinna’s Real father was a serial killer.

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

• LOL 5
9 minutes ago, stcroix said:

Wow, this has quickly become the Lisa Rinna show.  I have to hand it to her for getting her whole family on camera.  And is there a topic or conversation she doesn't butt into and in her louder than loud voice  bring the attention back to HER?  Her mom Lois seems sweet-- but she's in her 90's.  I couldn't help but picture her as a Lisa type 40 yrs ago and it ruined my enjoyment of her.  And those two prune faced daughters.... get them off my screen. 

I've never stopped watching a Housewives show before- and I've watched them all from the beginning-but I WILL stop watching this one if Rinna is back on next season.  She's been after LVP from the start and now that LVP is taking herself off the show (practically) Lisa Rinna is eagerly jumping in front of the camera.  And dragging her whole mess of a family with her.  As Lisa Rinna happily chortles,"I'll do ANYTHING to get attention!!" it appears she will, but I don't have to watch.

This^^^ Thanks for saying what I was thinking.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, JD5166 said:

“Fictional” haha anyway my post was mostly a joke, especially about stealing her goddam house...I love saying that. I still think that it was not being included was the nail in the coffin for those sisters. 

I especially like the “fictional” show about dueling real estate agencies she’s plugging. I don’t know why Kathy wouldn’t talk to her anymore. For the record, I think they’re all sssholes. 

I am unfamiliar with any real estate shows (except the ones that show people buying homes on beaches and/or with “bonus rooms” and making me crazy with envy, that is—they stole MY HOUSE!). But I do kind of think that an awful lot of people who elect to be on reality shows might have some assholery in them.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

This is my take as it pertains to the women's discussion at the Lois dinner:  Teddi sucks.

Neither LisaR nor Camille were making cogent points at the Lois dinner, but at least they were saying something that I could wrap my brain around.

Camille was saying that the accuser would have told someone if it happened and that smear campaigns can be hurtful, all of which she knows firsthand.

LisaR was saying the accuser has credibility because she's a doctor, she feels bad at how the woman is being treated, and that she wouldn't necessarily have told anyone, and that's not the standard for how honest someone is being.

Fair enough.  I don't watch these shows to raise my IQ.

But Teddi was such a dunderhead in her assessment that I was appalled. When Camille expressed disagreement with LisaR, Teddi was so quick to jump in that she didn't even wait to finish chewing, so instead she covered her giant veneers with her man hands (or, as Ben and Ronnie call them, mayor hands), and she said something to Camille like, "don't you believe women?"  What kind of low-down character assassination straw (wo)man bullshit question is that?  How is Camille supposed to answer that?  Why didn't Teddi just ask Camille when Camille stopped beating her wife?  It's just as much of an unfair rhetorical question.  Did Teddi even think out what she meant, or was she just repeating something she heard, although that certainly doesn't sound like something Teddi would do! (John Blizzard, Lucy Lucy, allegedly LPV notwithstanding) Was she asking whether Camille believes the approximately 3.85 billion women alive today...in every word they say?  What an absurdly dumb question.  It's like asking whether someone believes people.  

I would have just gotten up and excused myself if someone said something that potentially inflammatory and silly to me.

Teddi, do you believe women?  Why are you proud to say that you kick women off of your accountability program if they cheat?  Why don't you believe they're doing the best they can?  Why didn't you believe LVP that she didn't plant the story?  Why did you believe John Blizzard (a man) that Dorit had kept a dog locked in a basement for months without hearing the woman's side of it?  If the creed is to "believe women," then Teddi is not walking her own walk.  If this were a court of law, and I were a juror, I would conclude that, by making such a statement (a rhetorical question is really just a statement in disguise), Teddi's credibility has been further cast in doubt, including all of her testimony against LVP, and I would have to re-review it all in light of the circumstances.

I’m not a Teddi fan and I’m in no way impressed with her rhetorical prowess, but the phrase “believe women” doesn’t colloquially mean what you think it does. What it has come to mean within popular culture (related to the #metoo movement) is that we should believe women when they talk about sexual assault or abuse they have suffered. It doesn’t mean that we believe women on EVERYTHING, but it is an acknowledgment that women are often not believed when they divulge incidents of abuse and assault, and, statistically speaking, false reports of sexual assault are incredibly rare. Despite my distaste for Teddi, I’m willing to bet that she’s spent enough time on social media to know the cultural context of “believe women” and was in no way making a statement beyond allegations of sexual assault and abuse.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

On top of that, what Teddi actually said was "You don't think women should be heard?"  It's still bullshit rhetoric meant to shutdown the argument without hearing the other side that I'm sure she's just parroting.  Her mouth wasn't full either.  She did interject with "I disagree" a few times while she was finishing up a bite.  All the squawking about believing was Rinna. 

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 7

Another amazing thing about Lois -- if Lois is 91 and Rinna is 55, then Lois had her when she was 46. That's no small accomplishment in 1963!

ETA: My math will be corrected in one post...

Edited by Jel
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, princelina said:

One would think, but I thought midwestern chub chubs was the name Rinna's charming daughters gave to the residents when they visited their grandparents' town?  Maybe I misremember.

Yet more evidnce of the Hamlin apawn's lack of education; NE vs MW. I guess geography is only important in BH. Also, they have no right calling anyone chub chubs. They're huge compared to their mother and her friends.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, sunshine23 said:

Yet more evidnce of the Hamlin apawn's lack of education; NE vs MW. I guess geography is only important in BH. Also, they have no right calling anyone chub chubs. They're huge compared to their mother and her friends.

I think you mean NW ...

• Love 5

Believe women means don't dismiss their allegations out of hand. Give them the benefit of the doubt and investigate. Listen to their story, does it make sense, and investigate no matter where that investigation may lead.  

For LVP and the shower invite. I just remember Kim and Yolanda and the cleanse date. Yolanda swore up and down she invited Kim, but at the reunion she admitted that production told her that they were meeting. Kim swore she was never told about it. I wouldn't doubt that production doesn't tell the women the right times or even tells them about events to create drama - see the Teddy/Dorit drinks timing last season which led to the season long late gate which was annoying as hell. So LVP may never have been told about the shower even if Kyle's text was blocked.

• Love 15
On 4/17/2019 at 6:35 AM, mayvenne said:

Too many comments to go through ( which I will for sure -later tho) but had to come here and say I have always kind of liked Kyle. yes she is phony as they all are, but something about her I like. But what was with her and her hats ? I see occasionally some of them where a hat but it seems like someone must have said "you have a face for hats". In that stupid scene with her and Portia even poor Portia was sporting the hat.

Does she have a hat line?

Totally with you. I have a soft spot for Kyle, and think we might be a pretty small club around here. I think she's terrible at communicating, especially when she gets in a fight, but think she mostly means well. 

But the hats! Enough! As I heard on a podcast she and Teddi seem to be doing a lot of "aggressive hat work." Luann over on RHONY too. 

I wonder if with Kyle it has to do with covering grays before she gets to next colorist appointment. . . 

Edited by candle96
  • Love 5