Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: A Supreme Snub

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, BravoAddict72 said:

I feel the opposit about Kyle. If my friend, plus her husband, yelled at me and threw me out of their house I wouldn't want to call the next day. I would start with a text and see how that went over first. If I had gotten a text back that could have started something more. But Lisa couldn't even answer. I personally think it makes her look bad, but that's just my opinion.

I'm team Lisa all the way, but I agree with you on this -- that knife cuts both ways. If i were Kyle and Lisa had kicked me out and told me she was done with me, i would not have felt like calling the next day either. 

i don't think it makes lisa look bad tho, just that she was hurt. I get why she wouldn't want to communicate with Kyle after that huge betrayal. I would not have answered her text either.

in the battle of the hurts tho, i think Lisa s was worse. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

The one good thing about American Woman being cancelled is that she and her sisters are speaking again.

KFB thoughts:

Once Kyle pitches her new show to Hallmark and it is picked up, I have a feeling their relationship status will change back to silence again.

The show is called Sisters and it is inspired by not based on real life. This show is about 3 women who happen to be sisters. One sister marries the heir to the Hilltown Hotels, one sister is addicted to Crystal Meth and has a dog named Queensley, one sister marries the love of her life and her husband starts a successful real estate business called The Company.

giphy.gif

When Kyle talked about how the show being cancelled helped her relationship with her sisters, the look on her face seemed to tell me that she'd rather have the show.

• LOL 8
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

I had an awful dream once that I was attacked in Rinna's kitchen. Doesn't it look like the set of one of those 80s slasher made for tv movies?

It is very creepy.  Wasn't there a dead rat found in the oven?

10 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Kyle sure loves showing off the fancy cars and the purse obsession. Can’t wait until the repo man comes calling after MaurGreasio loses the lawsuit. 

The hens think they’re all so perfect, but let’s talk about Teddi’s fat man hands; Kyle’s cankles; Rinna’s trout moof, bad bolt-ons, and mop head. Then there is Dorit’s dead eyed sex bot couture, and finally, Camille who should never gossip about LVP teef when her own eyebrows are a mess, and her pee colored hair is brassy af. 

HA!  That would be A-MAAAA-ZING (a la Mauricio) !!

Kyle's man hands give Teddi's a run for the money.  All I see when I watch this show is large hands being tossed about and HUGE CHOMPERS on Kyle.  

9 hours ago, renatae said:

Oh, now I rather regret my FF. But not too much.

I usually FF Erika's stupid dancing, but I watched last night, and then REWOUND to watch the kick to the head again and again!

7 hours ago, renatae said:

Unfortunately, it does happen, and with political motivation. In fact, someone else accused Kavanaugh and later admitted she lied because she didn't want him to be confirmed.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/jamie-dupree/senate-panel-says-woman-admits-fake-accusation-against-kavanaugh/0TWS7mPhHWcRKkQDxT12iP/

Absolutely, and I say this as someone who has been sexually assaulted, and someone who knows two people who lied about sexual assault.  Why pretend that it doesn't happen, that human beings don't lie?

3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Yes I know that. I was responding to another poster.

Like the other poster, Camille seemed to be implying that what she was wrongfully accused of had to do with her divorce from Kelsey - I just don't remember tabloid stories being made up about her in regards to Kelsey.

Maybe Camille is talking about the "rumors" that she was a call-girl?

• Love 15

Isn't the situation that Lisa V wouldn't film with the other ladies, NOT that she wouldn't film at all?  We are seeing her, just not with them.  Bravo must have let her do that so they wouldn't lose her completely, probably hoping for the best down the road. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

The one good thing about American Woman being cancelled is that she and her sisters are speaking again.

KFB thoughts:

Once Kyle pitches her new show to Hallmark and it is picked up, I have a feeling their relationship status will change back to silence again.

The show is called Sisters and it is inspired by not based on real life. This show is about 3 women who happen to be sisters. One sister marries the heir to the Hilltown Hotels, one sister is addicted to Crystal Meth and has a dog named Queensley, one sister marries the love of her life and her husband starts a successful real estate business called The Company.

giphy.gif

Chile, they have kicked Kyle to the curb so many times she should have footprints on her back. If I had sisters like that who needs enemies...

• Love 13
10 hours ago, renatae said:

To me, that's a bit like comparing apples to oranges. In the first instance, I feel for most it's like the dark night of the soul. The struggle is deep and internal. It's night's of tears and days of questioning.

Being falsely accused, for me, brings an overflow of explosive emotion. I react like LVP. It's infuriating and frustrating and everything bubbles to the surface.

The point is she related more to the abuser and projected her divorce experience onto him, rather than relating to the woman who was attacked (as was Camille).

• Love 11
15 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

She needs to choose a darker font in which to write. I gave up trying to read it after two paragraphs. 

Hated Kyle’s dress at the shower. It wasn’t flattering, the bow looked ridiculous (as did the cuffed short sleeves), the color was all wrong, and even though I’m sure it was actual silk, it looked like cheap polyester. Yet, I would bet the dress was super cute expensive. 

See, I haven’t even watched the episode yet, but I know that I will agree with you that Kyle’s outfit was a big bowl of fug. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, renatae said:

In fact, someone else accused Kavanaugh and later admitted she lied because she didn't want him to be confirmed.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/jamie-dupree/senate-panel-says-woman-admits-fake-accusation-against-kavanaugh/0TWS7mPhHWcRKkQDxT12iP/

Offered as a data point, not political: the woman (eta discussed at the link above) Munro-Leighton, lied about being the author of the Jane Doe letter,  but the letter-writer and accuser herself (Jane Doe) was never questioned:

"After being interviewed by investigators on Thursday, Munro-Leighton, who had never met Kavanaugh in person, "admitted, contrary to her prior claims, that she had not been sexually assaulted by Judge Kavanaugh and was not the author of the original Jane Doe letter,'" Grassley's office said."

https://www.businessinsider.com/brett-kavanaugh-sexual-assault-accuser-judy-munro-leighton-2018-11

@hoodooznoodoozSurprised Rinna has not bought the rights to the story, in order to EP and cast herself as Lois. 

LOL -- don't give the woman any ideas;)

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

ugh, politics!  Why?  Yuck.  I watch these shows to escape...WWHL is the same way.  Andy Cohen inserts snarky political jabs on almost every episode.  When was the last time a Beverly Hills housewife brought up current politics?  Kyle, thank you...grandma was wise. 

Totes agree!  Politics has gotten so ugly the last few years that I avoid it any way I can.  When they started in on the subject, my stomach got all jittery.

• Love 8

I can't believe that Kyle put her young daughter in the Vanderhall to go to the store.  It is not a safe "vehicle" to take out in traffic.  It is so low to the ground and has little protection for it's occupants.  All it would take is a  SUV to drive thru a stop light or stop sign and crash into the side of the Vanderhall and her daughter would be seriously injured or killed.  

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, outofbounds said:

I’m also over Kyle and her pearl clutching about LVP. She threw you out of her house dipshit. Take the hint. If there’s one thing I cannot stand it’s people who know very well the reality of the situation and ignore it. LVP has made herself clear. Don’t send her birthday texts the next day as if nothing happened. Don’t invite her to functions like she’s magically forgotten. She THREW you out of her HOUSE. If she wants to repair the relationship she’ll find you. Clearly she doesn’t. So...stop sending texts and then gasping in disbelief when she doesn’t answer. Christ she’s an idiot.

Seems Kyle’s history in her dysfunctional family makes her feel it’s her job to make things right. But LVP had a garden variety narcissistic meltdown (“narcissistic rage”) because these women had yanked off her carefully constructed mask and Kyle unwittingly let her know it. Unless they pretend that LVP actually is all that and they made a grave mistake, she won’t be able to function around them.

• Love 4

Rinna and Dorit were manically smiling and just lapping it up when everyone was shit talking LVP at the shower.

Seeing Rinna and the Hamlets at the sham woo-woo "health" center wasn't zany or wacky.  We've already seen cryo on this stupid show and I didn't need to see the Hamlets histrionically scream their way trough it.

Rinna should be the last one to accuse anyone of making things all about themselves.

I wish Rinna was out of site out of mind with Kim.

I can't believe Kyle was driving that car around LA.  It is so low and has no visibility.  My car is low slung, but it's still a normal car, and sometimes it's hard for me to see around stuff when pulling out of driveways or side streets, so I can't even imagine how bad Kyle's is -- and then they show her doing it with a phone in her hand (which is illegal).  Mine has little cameras in the front I can turn on to help see.  Not to mention her car is totally open and so low, they've gotta just be breathing in exhaust and road dirt while in traffic -- and I say this as a convertible owner that lives in LA.

8 hours ago, mayvenne said:

Too many comments to go through ( which I will for sure -later tho) but had to come here and say I have always kind of liked Kyle. yes she is phony as they all are, but something about her I like. But what was with her and her hats ? I see occasionally some of them where a hat but it seems like someone must have said "you have a face for hats". In that stupid scene with her and Portia even poor Portia was sporting the hat.

Does she have a hat line?

I just assumed there was a clearance sale at the stupid hat emporium and Teddy went shopping with her that day.  

7 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Yeah it's kind of what came first the chicken or the egg I mean Kyle texted everyone but doesn't production/producer contact each howife about filming their participation in scenes ? So if LVP didn't legit get the text..... production would've let her know anyway.  But if she isn't breaking the 4th wall (5th?) LVP had to go w the Kyle invite she didn't get as gospel. 

Fully on LVP side btw. Why should she hang w these bitches ? 

If I was LVP and fighting with everyone and found out about a party through production and not through an actual invite I wouldn't be chomping at the bit to go.  Granted not getting the invite was her fault since she blocked Kyle, but at the time she didn't know that.

7 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I have a grocery store a block from where I park my car at the train station. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve run in there for 2 things and walk out with bags and bags, and then have to lug them back to my car. It happens. 

I'm the queen of stopping for a few things and then getting too much and then getting to the parking lot and realizing I have the convertible and there's already shit in the trunk.  

47 minutes ago, film noire said:

Offered as a data point, not political: the woman (Munro-Leighton) lied about being the author of the original Jane Doe letter,  but the letter-writer and accuser herself (Jane Doe) was never questioned:

"After being interviewed by investigators on Thursday, Munro-Leighton, who had never met Kavanaugh in person, "admitted, contrary to her prior claims, that she had not been sexually assaulted by Judge Kavanaugh and was not the author of the original Jane Doe letter,'" Grassley's office said."

https://www.businessinsider.com/brett-kavanaugh-sexual-assault-accuser-judy-munro-leighton-2018-11

LOL -- don't give the woman any ideas;)

There was also Julie Swetnick, which is what I thought the poster was referring to. Maybe Swetnick never admitted lying though?  

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Giselle said:

Kyle's clothing choices were awful.

Both Lisa's tend to rely on a fashion choice, one being leopard the other pink. It does get tiring.

LVP's love of rhinestones is getting to be a bit way to much. Look at the monsterous hat she wore to WWHL. Just this side of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.

Every once in a while Kyle looks good - usually happens at the beginning of a season and I think she finally got a good stylist. Then she reverts back and it goes downhill. Kyle lost some weight and definitely got more toned, yet the choices she makes has her looking frumpy and ridiculous.

I think Kyle goes towards what is popular right now and what is everyone buying now and what is "trending" right now as opposed to purchasing an outfit that looks good on her body. Think gladiator sandals - Gah!

I can't decide which was worse, the pink bridal shower dress or the strapless number at Lois's dinner. Does Kyle try on these dresses standing perfectly still in front of a mirror? I think she must have done this with the strapless dress. Did she not understand that she was going to a "sit-down" dinner as opposed to standing around at an event where appetizers on little trays of food would be offered? Once you sit in a strapless, the dress will be pulled down just from the motion of the stretch from your butt hitting the seat. Slumping forward - which Kyle does often is going to pull from the top. Then she wears a white corset bra underneath? Oy!

As for LVP - you're right about those rhinestone necklaces she favors. They look ultra cheap and gaudy and it's probably the reason why her luxury jewelry line never went into existence.

• Love 8

@yourmomiseasy - @renatae 's link was to a story about Munro Leighton. (And as far as I know, Swetnick stood by her story,  and was referred by Grassley to the FBI and DOJ for investigation last fall.) eta: I'll be posting any future response to this in Small Talk to avoid the mods being forced to step in and render a verdict ; )

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Most of the women’s style is hit and miss for my personal taste. I wouldn’t dress like LVP, but her old school glamorous style suits her. With Kyle, I like that she does switch up her style. For me fashion is all about fun. That’s part of why I like Dorit and Erika. They bring all the glamour. I wouldn’t wear some of the stuff they do, but you never know what hair, makeup, or kind of outfit to expect. Camille does consistently look great. It probably helps that she has the best body out of that whole bunch imo. Lisa Rinna also tends to look fashionable. Teddi is more tomboy than the rest of them, and Denise is also kind of the more cute and casual gal.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Pickles said:

Kyle’s boobs look ginormous. That little car looked so unsafe—like she would be run over.

I’ve never liked Kyle.  She doesn’t deserve LVP’s friendship.  Kyle is a jealous bitch.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

It is very creepy.  Wasn't there a dead rat found in the oven?

HA!  That would be A-MAAAA-ZING (a la Mauricio) !!

Kyle's man hands give Teddi's a run for the money.  All I see when I watch this show is large hands being tossed about and HUGE CHOMPERS on Kyle.  

I usually FF Erika's stupid dancing, but I watched last night, and then REWOUND to watch the kick to the head again and again!

Absolutely, and I say this as someone who has been sexually assaulted, and someone who knows two people who lied about sexual assault.  Why pretend that it doesn't happen, that human beings don't lie?

Maybe Camille is talking about the "rumors" that she was a call-girl?

Agree but as for the rat...

They found it inside the stove unit not in the oven. I think it was in the grease trap under the grill.

Looking at the flyover and house zoom pictures on the show. They  live in a semi rural area on top the eastern portion of the Santa Monica mountain range.  A large mountain scrub area begins where their yard ends.  Finding a rat in the house wouldn't surprise me. Harry brought in a rattlesnake once. 

The linked scrub areas between housing areas in the  Santa Monica Mountains are a crossing path for mountain lions and other wildlife, . Hikers come across all sorts of creatures. Further west are far more rural areas and the extended mountain range.

If your upset about rats in the kitchen I'd be very careful dining at any eating establishments. Even in the nice places the inspector might have just missed the rat, mouse, roach that found their way in and was there last week.

I've found racoons and possums in my kitchen, no rats, mice or roaches  though. Sparrows have flown in. My cats used to love to drop fresh kills there. It all gets a good scrub down.

Edited by Giselle
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Rinna and Dorit were manically smiling and just lapping it up when everyone was shit talking LVP at the shower.

Seeing Rinna and the Hamlets at the sham woo-woo "health" center wasn't zany or wacky.  We've already seen cryo on this stupid show and I didn't need to see the Hamlets histrionically scream their way trough it.

Rinna should be the last one to accuse anyone of making things all about themselves.

I wish Rinna was out of site out of mind with Kim.

I can't believe Kyle was driving that car around LA.  It is so low and has no visibility.  My car is low slung, but it's still a normal car, and sometimes it's hard for me to see around stuff when pulling out of driveways or side streets, so I can't even imagine how bad Kyle's is -- and then they show her doing it with a phone in her hand (which is illegal).  Mine has little cameras in the front I can turn on to help see.  Not to mention her car is totally open and so low, they've gotta just be breathing in exhaust and road dirt while in traffic -- and I say this as a convertible owner that lives in LA.

I just assumed there was a clearance sale at the stupid hat emporium and Teddy went shopping with her that day.  

If I was LVP and fighting with everyone and found out about a party through production and not through an actual invite I wouldn't be chomping at the bit to go.  Granted not getting the invite was her fault since she blocked Kyle, but at the time she didn't know that.

I'm the queen of stopping for a few things and then getting too much and then getting to the parking lot and realizing I have the convertible and there's already shit in the trunk.  

There was also Julie Swetnick, which is what I thought the poster was referring to. Maybe Swetnick never admitted lying though?  

Julie Swetnick did a lot of backtracking and her story kept changing. 

She was represented by Michael Avenatti

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/6/senate-reports-paints-devastating-profile-justice-/

• Love 8

I realize who she is.  I didn't click on the original link, just saw the title was about a lying accuser and immediately thought "oh, it was that one Avenatti trotted out with the wild gang rape party accusations that just kept getting sketchier and sketchier."  I had actually forgotten about the letter drama with someone claiming it that didn't write it.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, applecrisp said:

Why would anybody risk estrangement of their family for a sitcom? Kyle's values are messed up.

Her sisters overreacted at nothing; they seem to be the ones bent on estrangement because the show didn't drag anyone through the mud at all.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I just realized that I haven't seen Bambi all season.  That's not fair.

That is because Kyle is jealous that Bambi is better liked than her. She refuses to let Bambi be on the show any more.

I've seen several of those go cart things that Kyle has riding round my town of bumfuck Indiana.  One is owned by the owner of a bar in a seedy part of town. So, I wasn't that impressed to see Kyle's. And lol that the name is Vanderhall.

Edited by howiveaddict
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3

Oh my god.  Kim and Brandi are filling in.....no thank you Bravo.  You should have scrapped this season and started over....firing at least 4 HW’s.  It happened to the NY franchise and it’s the best one on these days, imo.  These ladies really overplayed their hand this season.  

I hate to admit I agreed with Rinna regarding the Kavanaugh issue, but I think she only started the fight so she didn’t have to eat.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

I haven't watched this episode yet.   Should I bother?   I was considering just reading all the comments here.    You're all more entertaining than this shit show. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, byrd said:

Maybe they are fabulous in their own little worlds, but not one of them can hold a shine to LVP and they know it.. sorry, but LVP just personifies at least for me what Beverly Hills is all about. 

LVP is stunning in her TH’s in the black dress.  The other ladies can only dream.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

No one is trying to dress like LVP. She dresses like her sexiest day was in 1987.

Respectfully, I didn't say they were trying to dress like LVP, but that they want to be fabulous like LVP.  I didn't mean fabulous as in clothing, but fabulous as in who is she and the lifestyle she and Ken enjoy.  😉

• Love 19
19 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I hate to admit I agreed with Rinna regarding the Kavanaugh issue, but I think she only started the fight so she didn’t have to eat.  

I think Rinna needs to remember that our judicial system was founded on the principle of "innocent until proven guilty."  Unless she knew the truth, it doesn't help for her to assume and speculate on these kinds of things, and then act like her opinion is the gospel truth.  She's proven herself to be wrong on many things with this show.  She needs to shut her yap and let both people have their day in court.  She's really lost me this season with all of her pontificating about LVP, when she doesn't really know shit about the situation. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

Her sisters overreacted at nothing; they seem to be the ones bent on estrangement because the show didn't drag anyone through the mud at all.

I don’t think the estrangement was about telling family secrets (nobody CARES about their damn mother!) I think it was more about Kyle making money, telling HER truth, about THEIR mom and their family and not including them in the process. She’s a selfish twat, if I were going to tell a story based on my family life about a mother I shared with two other people, I would consult them and include them in the process. Let’s face it tho, Kim’s story is probably the best, she was probably just too f*ked up to remember it. Kyle already stole her goddamned house, she might as well steal her stories, too. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

I think I'm mis-remembering something but didn't LisaR have scenes with Eileen talking about their mom's having dementia and how hard it was to have a relationship with someone who doesn't remember you? I thought her mom was doing poorly. Her mom seems perfectly fine to me. 

I was just thinking that production does it and it helps them control the event.

You are totally correct. It WAS part of Rinna's storyline that her mother had dementia, and therefore was not able to appropriately interact with her family or others.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

To be fair, I think their overreaction was due to Big Kathy's dictum of "Don't air the family's dirty laundry in public. EVER." They might have freaked out at the prospect of Kyle doing exactly that. Also, I think that those three just look for reasons to be mad at each other. Things will never be 100% okay with them. There are too many resentments on all sides and too many things not discussed.

18 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I think Rinna needs to remember that our judicial system was founded on the principle of "innocent until proven guilty."  Unless she knew the truth, it doesn't help for her to assume and speculate on these kinds of things, and then act like her opinion is the gospel truth.  She's proven herself to be wrong on many things with this show.  She needs to shut her yap and let both people have their day in court.  She's really lost me this season with all of her pontificating about LVP, when she doesn't really know shit about the situation. 

He wasn't on trial, though. It was a job interview. "Innocent until proven guilty" really shouldn't have applied.

Perhaps a lot of people rushed to judgment on that situation. It doesn't look like we'll ever know for sure.

BTW, Rinna is my BEC and I really don't know how to handle the fact that I agree with her on this.

• Love 15

This week was the first time I shut it off to do something else.  I found answering angry emails from work more relaxing.  I can't watch that crap and then go to bed!  It's too infuriating in a bad way.   I think it might be time to bury this dead horse. -😞

• Love 11