Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: A Supreme Snub

• Start Topic

So WTF with Kathy and Kim? Vyle gets a text saying "I'm looking at youuuuu...." from Kim, but Kim is on same date but Kathy is also there? And then they both acted like they didn't want to be filmed when it had to be obvious to everyone in the restaurant that a production crew was there? I know it was all scripted bs, but what were they trying to sell? I admit I couldn't wait to never see Kim again, but the fact I was hoping she would start with her wacko bs coming out of her mouth is a sad testament to this horrible season. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
8 hours ago, njbchlover said:

And, why do these ladies have to CONSTANTLY tell each other how gorgeous they look when they greet each other?  I mean, seriously, ever friggin' time - "You look aaahmazing!!"

Because they're constantly in kiss-ass mode whether the other person looks ridiculous or not.  That's pretty much Rinna's M.O.  She's the worst too with the "you look gor---geous!"  No, most times these women look ridiculous. 

7 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

WTH...happened to Dorit?  She was really cute her first season.  Now, she is always wearing costumes with ugly hairstyles. 

I think they're all trying to be fabulous like LVP.  Thing is, they're just trying too damn hard to be naturally fabulous.  Either you've got it or you don't!  And most of them don't!  It's painful to watch them try so hard to be something they're not.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, breezy424 said:

And maybe Kyle did but changed her mind after.  Let's not forget that Kyle was there for Lisa after her brother died.  LVP admitted that even though LVP tried to say that Kyle wasn't and Kyle called her out and LVP did admit she was. 

One of us is misremembering the scene. I don't recall LVP claiming that Kyle wasn't there for her while dealing with the death of her brother. I remember LVP explicitly acknowledging Kyle's support at least once to her face and once during her TH.

LVP did try to call out Kyle for her lack of support but that was in reference to Kyle not showing up to the soft opening of Tom Tom (and LVP was dead wrong for trying to guilt Kyle over missing it knowing that it would be difficult to attend given her flight details back to BH).

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Kyle sure loves showing off the fancy cars and the purse obsession.

Not that I begrudge anybody what they earn or spend, but damn, she seems to go through money like water.  Note to Kyle:  take the appropriate size vehicle to the grocery store next time. 

Was it Rinna who had the $5000 mini-purse?  I wasn't impressed.  As she said (or something close to it), they're all superficial as shit.  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

While I don't like Kyle and think she's a dumb as hell basic bitch, I give her a pass for the texted invites.  This was probably not Camille's real shower but a last-minute one thrown together for filming purposes.  Which would also explain the presence of the Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick.

But Camille and Faye patched things up years ago.  They've both spoken highly of each other.  And there are several times recently where they've hung out in the same small group.  Just last year on instagram, Kyle/Camille posted a photo of Kyle, Camille and Faye out to lunch together and that they all had fun giggling all afternoon; or something of that nature.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, smores said:

Kyle also had the super dark hair paint out again.  She had a pretty distinct part on one side at Camille's party, but the the rest was all colored in.  When she's in the confessional in the red doily dress, her part is pretty wide. 

I wonder if her hair is thinning. This would also explain her new found love of hats.

• Useful 8
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, renatae said:

How dim can she be to take a car with virtually no storage space grocery shopping?

I have a grocery store a block from where I park my car at the train station. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve run in there for 2 things and walk out with bags and bags, and then have to lug them back to my car. It happens. 

• Love 12

So, would a segment of LVP standing around while they remodel her kitchen or maybe Ken nodding off in a chair really make this episode any better? LVP will not film with the others so this is what we are stuck with.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Rinna used a tactic from the mean girls' playbook. They find a nice person to hang out with to make them look like they're nice too. That was the purpose of her mother being there. I mean, don't you find it strange that after all these years her mother shows up NOW??

We saw her before ... when Rinna went back to Portland, for example.  Rinna talked quite a bit about her father having dementia or Alzheimers and how hard it was to find help... 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

If I'm not mistaken, she said something to the effect, 'I don't want to get on LVP's bad side, she fights dirty if it's true'. I could have sworn she said the bolded part. I just took her comment to mean that she's listening to what's going on around her and she's proceeding with caution while she figures it out herself.

Yes, that's exactly what she said .. " If it's true "..

Edited by byrd
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

I think they wanted to use it as a segue to get Lois's awesome story of survival in. 

They made it seem like it was about what happened on the show but when she talked to Rinna later, I think it was about her divorce from Kelsey.  As I understand it, that got pretty ugly with some accusations being thrown around. 

Didn't Camille say something about being lied about across the country/the world?

I don't remember any accusations from Kelsey's camp about Camille.

The only times I remember Camille in the tabloids was when she was discussed as an unlikable HW from BH.

Unhinged Camille seems to come out when she drinks.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Didn't Camille say something about being lied about across the country/the world?

I don't remember any accusations from Kelsey's camp about Camille.

The only times I remember Camille in the tabloids was when she was discussed as an unlikable HW from BH.

Unhinged Camille seems to come out when she drinks.

Camille was the most hated housewife from past seasons. There were a lot of accusations about her and she left the show because she could not handle all of the hate. Maybe they fired her, I can't remember clearly.

• Love 3
Just now, byrd said:

Camille was the most hated housewife from past seasons. There were a lot of accusations about her and she left the show because she could not handle all of the hate. Maybe they fired her, I can't remember clearly.

Yes I know that. I was responding to another poster.

Like the other poster, Camille seemed to be implying that what she was wrongfully accused of had to do with her divorce from Kelsey - I just don't remember tabloid stories being made up about her in regards to Kelsey.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I have a grocery store a block from where I park my car at the train station. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve run in there for 2 things and walk out with bags and bags, and then have to lug them back to my car. It happens. 

I hate that.

"I'm just going to run in for a few things...oh, look at that, I've filled my cart."

Usually happens when I grocery shop with the husband and children. Or shop when I'm hungry.

Why did Rinna keep calling her mom Lois all episode? I understand calling her that when she's introducing her, but otherwise call her mom.

I did like seeing Ken & Lisa having to make do with their tiny temporary kitchen.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Lisa Rinna has a corded touch tone wall phone in her kitchen.

Got her beat I've got 3 working 1940s phones in the house. Two WE 302s and one NE 7h6. I love them.

Love it when little kids want to use them.

• Love 17
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

LVP not being invited....BS on that.  This was a production arrangement and there's a production schedule.   And.....if you block someone, it's not 'their' fault you didn't get the memo or in this case, the text.  I don't believe for a second that Kyle didn't invite her.

Lois's story was the highlight of the episode by far.  What a survivor.  And gosh, she looks great and has such a fun personality.   And she's ninety.

Exactly. Each HW, before they film, toss out events, dinners, trips, business ventures, they want filmed on the show. One event would be Camille's Bridal Shower. In "real" life it would have made sense for DiDi to be the host but then it probably would not have been highlighted on the show. So it had to be a HW that hosts it and they picked Kyle. The venue had to be picked in advance with permission to film and releases signed. The film crew had to know in advance so they could set up before the ladies arrived. Every HW was invited way in advance so they could get their outfit, stylist, hair, makeup set up for the day. Production invited LVP, and Kyle to keep the continuity sent invites to all of them - way before the Villa Rosa fight

I looked at Lois and thought even with the gray hair, she looks younger than LVP.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

If Julianne has said anything about Harry assaulting her, I haven't found it.  The Harry situation isn't "believe women."  It's "believe this blind item." 

It could be true.  Or it could be Richard Gere & a gerbil. But I don't think people are hypocrites for proceeding with caution with blind items or rumors.*

Thank you. That's the difference. Its one thing to spread rumors, its another for the person who received the unwanted, uninvited, unasked-for actions to make the accusation and be willing to stand up in the face of those saying "it didn't happen" and say, "oh yes it did and here's how/when/where/ etc." Has Julianne Moore Phillips ever done so? If it did happen, she clearly felt she wouldn't be believed, and would have been raked through the coals for accusing a very popular male actor of egregious behavior. Its likely that if it did happen, she felt she wouldn't be believed if she brought it out. And that's one of the fundamental reasons for why #metoo matters so much.  

Even though I didn't feel comfortable saying anything about my situation, it doesn't mean it didn't happen. If it did come out, I to this day (19 when this happened, 51 now), remember it like it was yesterday. I remember what I was wearing, where it happened, and how the entire situation went down. 32 years later. 

5 hours ago, renatae said:

Unfortunately, it does happen, and with political motivation. In fact, someone else accused Kavanaugh and later admitted she lied because she didn't want him to be confirmed.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/jamie-dupree/senate-panel-says-woman-admits-fake-accusation-against-kavanaugh/0TWS7mPhHWcRKkQDxT12iP/

and she was disciplined for her actions. Under harsher scrutiny, her story would have likely fallen apart quickly, as most (not all) false accusation stories do. Blasey-Ford's story held up. That's the difference. 

Edited by SailorGirl
wrong name
  • Love 23
9 hours ago, langford peel said:

But that is what this whole season is based on this year. Blind items about Dorit and rumors that Lisa Vanderpump leaked them.

Why should Lisa Rinna get a pass?

Its fact that Dorit didn't follow VDPD's rules to return the dog to them and that she gave away the dog without vetting the new home. She has admitted that much. 

Who gave the items to Radar Online is the issue being debated, not the puppy-dumping. The facts around that are what they are; Dorit and the others are just trying to change the perception around those facts (and not succeeding). 

In every week's thread, there's been at least one comment that the bottom line is the way Dorit handled giving up the dog and that the leaks to tabloids are secondary and perception manipulation, on either side. 

• Love 18

Fuck I saw Brandi. Piggybacked on a Kim sighting.... They better not come back.

I've left this show for 2 seasons before, just like I left RHONY for 3 seasons. Cold turkey.

I only watch RH shows on TiVo now so I can fast forward past the crap I don't like... LVP, Vicki, Bethany, Erica, Dorit, dogs. I can cancel the Tivo one pass.

Edited by Giselle
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Julyolo said:

Rinna used a tactic from the mean girls' playbook. They find a nice person to hang out with to make them look like they're nice too. That was the purpose of her mother being there. I mean, don't you find it strange that after all these years her mother shows up NOW??

I think I'm mis-remembering something but didn't LisaR have scenes with Eileen talking about their mom's having dementia and how hard it was to have a relationship with someone who doesn't remember you? I thought her mom was doing poorly. Her mom seems perfectly fine to me. 

3 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

While I don't like Kyle and think she's a dumb as hell basic bitch, I give her a pass for the texted invites.  This was probably not Camille's real shower but a last-minute one thrown together for filming purposes.  Which would also explain the presence of the Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick.

I was just thinking that production does it and it helps them control the event.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

It was Julianne Phillips. The first wife of Bruce Springsteen, not the actress Julianne Moore. 

Fixed -- I knew it was Phillips but my brain clearly went to Moore. Thank you! 😎

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Don’t forget her paparazzi-prone daughters, Berlin and Vicki

Yes and I think there was an infamous sex tape called One Night In Berlin.

Disclaimer: Allegedly as we don't know how Kyle comes up with these original story ideas

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • LOL 19
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I didn't notice that, but I'm not impressed with Rinna's house.  The exterior and grounds are gorgeous, but the inside seems very outdated and cluttered to me.  (Plus, her kitchen just doesn't look clean to me.)

I like her home. It has at least reflects the life of the people that live in it unlike Erica's, Dorit's, and now even Kyle's where everything comes from a show room or catalog and it's the vision of a designer. Even LVP's house reflects her underlying aesthetic that was brought from a traditional styled home to a modern setting.

They have said there are several pieces of furniture from Harry's family and I'm sure she has some of her father's art work & it also shows Lisa's strong love of earthy tones. Over the years they have been able to collect &  blend differing things well. They can keep those unique things but the interior just needs to be decluttered, edited and updated abit yet still keep to the aesthetic they both seem to love. 

The kitchen like other parts of the house is cluttered but they did paint the kitchen cabinets this year and went from natural wood to white. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, sunshine23 said:

Wouldn't it be northwest chub chubs since Rinna is from Oregon?

One would think, but I thought midwestern chub chubs was the name Rinna's charming daughters gave to the residents when they visited their grandparents' town?  Maybe I misremember.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, JD5166 said:

What the frock is Kyle wearing at that shower? Fug, indeed! 

Oh hell yes.  If she's going for the matronly look, she nailed it.  The dress combined with the hair style was the Before photo on a 1950's makeover.

Felt for Doris when she talked about that horrific attack, but damn LisaR -- way to make it all about you!  "What you went through made me the strong woman I am today!"  Geez Louise.

Ditto Camille, comparing Dr. Ford's experience to a few headlines in gossip rags.  Got news for you Camille, most Americans have never heard of you and could not care less about your divorce.  And actually, since you were "the wronged woman", you came off pretty good.  It was your own behavior in S1 that colored people's opinion of your character.  I started this season kinda liking her, but she's just the same Camille as ever.

• Love 18
13 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Kyle's clothing choices were very unfortunate and very unflattering tonight.  Her dress at Camille's shower wasn't bad, but needed to be at least five inches shorter.  That outfit for Lois' dinner was probably the most horrible thing I've ever seen her wear on the show.  I know she usually has very questionable taste in clothes, but those two outfits were horrendous.

On the topic of fashion, I am getting tired of seeing Rinna in leopard print - it seems like that is all she has in her closet.  

Kyle's clothing choices were awful.

Both Lisa's tend to rely on a fashion choice, one being leopard the other pink. It does get tiring.

LVP's love of rhinestones is getting to be a bit way to much. Look at the monsterous hat she wore to WWHL. Just this side of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.

Edited by Giselle
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

The one good thing about American Woman being cancelled is that she and her sisters are speaking again.

KFB thoughts:

Once Kyle pitches her new show to Hallmark and it is picked up, I have a feeling their relationship status will change back to silence again.

The show is called Sisters and it is inspired by not based on real life. This show is about 3 women who happen to be sisters. One sister marries the heir to the Hilltown Hotels, one sister is addicted to Crystal Meth and has a dog named Queensley, one sister marries the love of her life and her husband starts a successful real estate business called The Company.

giphy.gif

Very funny description. I saw an episode of American Women and it was bad. 

Why would anybody risk estrangement of their family for a sitcom? Kyle's values are messed up.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

Sorry Kyle, that silly vehicle and any like it are ridiculous and ugly as fuck.

I really liked the vehicle - reminds me of a recumbent bike.

I agree - it is horrible for where Kyle lives - driving it on a highway - it's a death trap. She should have just had an auto shop supe up a golf cart - but this is Kyle who likes to brag about how much disposable income she has

I can see it being used in a suburb - to go to the neighborhood store, for little errands, to drive down your long driveway to pickup the mail or to go to the local farm/fruit stand to pick up some fresh veggies.

I think the part where Kyle says she doesn't know how to put the seat down was a lie. She just wanted more camera time showcasing the vehicle so I wonder if they gave her a free car in exchange for "promoting" it on the show.

• Useful 7
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I really liked the vehicle - reminds me of a recumbent bike.

I agree - it is horrible for where Kyle lives - driving it on a highway - it's a death trap. She should have just had an auto shop supe up a golf cart - but this is Kyle who likes to brag about how much disposable income she has

I can see it being used in a suburb - to go to the neighborhood store, for little errands, to drive down your long driveway to pickup the mail or to go to the local farm/fruit stand to pick up some fresh veggies.

I think the part where Kyle says she doesn't know how to put the seat down was a lie. She just wanted more camera time showcasing the vehicle so I wonder if they gave her a free car in exchange for "promoting" it on the show.

I'm glad you like it but I think it's an ugly as fuck. I'll bet that toy will be traded in by next year.

I was surprised Kyle would drive it on Ventura Blvd as it's a major street that runs the length of valley and is so busy and crowded. It can be just as jammed up as the 101 during rush hour.

• Love 6

Ugh, I didn’t like anything about this episode!

I still think Rinna has a big mouth.  She just cannot contain herself when LVP is the subject of a conversation and she wasn’t even involved...she makes sure that she inserts herself and guides the narrative of the LVP topic. Funny, believe all women? You mean the ones who you want to believe?  She comes unglued when anyone goes off her script.

I agree that Lois seems unrelated to Rinna...she’s a very sweet woman.

ugh, politics!  Why?  Yuck.  I watch these shows to escape...WWHL is the same way.  Andy Cohen inserts snarky political jabs on almost every episode.  When was the last time a Beverly Hills housewife brought up current politics?  Kyle, thank you...grandma was wise.  

I also wonder if something was going on with Camille during the last and current episode.  Last one she was very tipsy, this one, she seems almost sad, overly emotional.  Is it the engagement jitters?  Since this was before the fire, it makes me wonder.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Almost 3000 said:

I think I'm mis-remembering something but didn't LisaR have scenes with Eileen talking about their mom's having dementia and how hard it was to have a relationship with someone who doesn't remember you? I thought her mom was doing poorly. Her mom seems perfectly fine to me. 

I was just thinking that production does it and it helps them control the event.

IIRC, it was Rinna's dad that had dementia.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

Ugh, I didn’t like anything about this episode!

I still think Rinna has a big mouth.  She just cannot contain herself when LVP is the subject of a conversation and she wasn’t even involved...she makes sure that she inserts herself and guides the narrative of the LVP topic. Funny, believe all women? You mean the ones who you want to believe?  She comes unglued when anyone goes off her script.

I agree that Lois seems unrelated to Rinna...she’s a very sweet woman.

ugh, politics!  Why?  Yuck.  I watch these shows to escape...WWHL is the same way.  Andy Cohen inserts snarky political jabs on almost every episode.  When was the last time a Beverly Hills housewife brought up current politics?  Kyle, thank you...grandma was wise.  

I also wonder if something was going on with Camille during the last and current episode.  Last one she was very tipsy, this one, she seems almost sad, overly emotional.  Is it the engagement jitters?  Since this was before the fire, it makes me wonder.

Yeah Camille seems off. I wonder what’s going on with her. 

I was also surprised Kyle drove that little thing around with Portia given her anxiety. My guess is it was just for the show. Besides her anxiety, she seems really protective of her girls. I can’t see her risking their safety regularly driving around in that vehicle. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, smores said:

LVP's blog broke my heart a bit.  My biological father died suddenly and while we didn't have a typical relationship, we were close in our own way.  I truly did not think I would be devastated by his death, I had lost someone I was much, much closer to and while I grieved, I was able to go on with my life as normal.  But when my biological father died, it shut my entire world down and knocked me completely off of my feet.  I was the last person to realize it, of course, I thought I was just going on with life as usual, and even when people started trying to gently, then more persistently talk to me about it, I brushed it off as I'm fine.  One day I kind of woke up and was like, What the hell is going on in my life? and then I started to put the pieces back together, but that was over 6 months later.  So I can completely understand LVP's pain in this, as she bluntly states that she was knocked off balance and had to work to put her life back together.  Only when this was happening, her friends didn't show up to talk to her and try to get her to seek help the way mine did, they launched an attack.  

I also fully get her point with Kyle.  Kyle's story is that she loves LVP, she's her friend and she was there to A) hear her side, B) tell her that this is the truth (and it's the truth because we all got together and decided it was) and C) all your friends talked about you behind your back today.  But don't worry, I love you and I'm your friend, I really WANT to be on your side, I just can't because all these other people say this stuff and I think it makes sense.  So, just say you did it, and then we'll be good.  Of course LVP doesn't take that well, and I doubt she would have if she wasn't going through her grief with her brother.  But, she is, and then the very next day, the person who is supposed to be her BFF on the show, the one who has been going on and on about how they've had this long friendship, who KNOWS she's been grieving the loss of her brother, who LVP has supported through fights with her siblings, this person can't manage to do anything other than send a text?  It would ring hollow to me.  Also, it shows that Kyle had nothing planned anyway.  I mean, if you were going to send flowers, you'd have ordered them before the fight the day prior.  If you were going to buy a gift, you'd have sent it, or brought it the day before and at least left it on the counter, if you hadn't walked in with it front and center.  But, no.  Kyle did none of those things.  She simply sent a text that day, no forethought, nothing.  And, this to a person who bought her a new purse after hers were stolen.  Kyle can afford new purses, but LVP wanted to make her feel better, so she bought her one to help start her new collection.  But, Kyle can't return that favor knowing LVP is going through her first birthday without any member of her nuclear family?  Fuck Kyle.

I feel the opposit about Kyle. If my friend, plus her husband, yelled at me and threw me out of their house I wouldn't want to call the next day. I would start with a text and see how that went over first. If I had gotten a text back that could have started something more. But Lisa couldn't even answer. I personally think it makes her look bad, but that's just my opinion.

• Love 13
(edited)
11 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

At first, I blamed the alcohol consumption for both events. After Camille had her "redemption" season on BH and then left the show she should have stayed gone for her "image" This season, even without a diamond - she's had way more appearances than the last few years. I think this is the Real Camille - with or without alcohol.

Camille talks about herself in the 3rd person

giphy.gif

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 14