Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: A Supreme Snub

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I'm curious about what kind of family emergency necessitates dumping your dog off at the pound.  

Um, maybe they invested in Boy George's tour because PK told them how much money was to be made from investing in a "SUPAH STAH and they had to pack quickly to go to the poor house?  Oh, so much snark before 7am.

Yes, I think that was a strange excuse too...nothing about PK or Dorit say's truth or honesty so I doubt there will ever be an honest explanation.

How are we not talking about how fabulous Lois is?  Did I hear right, she is 92? My father is 92 and seems so much older and frailer than the Lively Lois.  She could be a lifestyle influencer for the senior set!

• Love 10
On 4/18/2019 at 12:23 AM, TattleTeeny said:

I am unfamiliar with any real estate shows (except the ones that show people buying homes on beaches and/or with “bonus rooms” and making me crazy with envy, that is—they stole MY HOUSE!). But I do kind of think that an awful lot of people who elect to be on reality shows might have some assholery in them.

What does it say about us for watching?! 😳

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Since the Housewives sans LVP don’t seem to be producing any storyline and since we just had a rerun of the cryo treatment, it must be time for the viewers to be subjected once again to watching body hair being ripped from Kyle’s private areas.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

It's actually kind of refreshing that they are aware of the world outside their Beverly Hills bubble. Camille was way off-base, in my opinion. 

Respectfully, I think she was just trying to say that all sides needed to be heard before jumping to conclusions.  Leave it to our elected officials to turn the whole thing into a 3-ring circus.  That does a disservice to both parties.  

2 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

What does it say about us for watching?!

It's like the train wreck that you can't look away from.  Besides, LVP manipulated me into watching them!  That's going to be my go-to excuse for everything! I probably won't watch next season if she's not on it though.  Rinna is getting worse by the day.  

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, I think that was a strange excuse too...nothing about PK or Dorit say's truth or honesty so I doubt there will ever be an honest explanation.

We should start a game of "what excuse will Dorit come up with next for getting rid of the dog?"   I'll start:  Being unable to operate a blender, she was totally exasperated and couldn't possibly take care of a puppy.  The nanny's were already busy with the kids, and she simply wasn't up to the task.  Sigh.  Beverly Hills rich people problems. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
9 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

The least they could do is support Big Dick Aaron's sham clinic instead of some rando's cryo/IV joint.

There is a bar on the Lake of the Ozarks called Big Dick's Halfway Inn. They are famous for the "minnow shot", you get a T-shirt if you do a shot that contains a minnow. I do not have said shirt.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Respectfully, I disagree with this characterization of Camille's argument - she wasn't saying all sides needed to be heard.

I apologize if my interpretation is incorrect.  Camille rambled on so long that I did fast forward some of it, but not all of it.  I think she got lost in her own thoughts and couldn't articulate things very well.  I know I was confused by it.  It never helps when Rinna jumps into the conversation with her loud voice booming across the table.  I think that put Camille further on the defense.  Anyway, I hope they steer clear of airing these types of conversations on this show in the future.  Things just get too heated on the show and elsewhere!

2 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

They are famous for the "minnow shot", you get a T-shirt if you do a shot that contains a minnow. I do not have said shirt.

There are some things that are not worth getting a free shirt over! Blech!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

There is a bar on the Lake of the Ozarks called Big Dick's Halfway Inn. They are famous for the "minnow shot", you get a T-shirt if you do a shot that contains a minnow. I do not have said shirt.

I mean no disrespect, Mr Minor but is it halfway in because it's big?

giphy.gif

• LOL 15
On 4/16/2019 at 10:20 PM, HunterHunted said:

The man who tried to sexually assault and kill Lois is David Joseph Carpenter (the Trailside Killer).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Carpenter?wprov=sfla1

I am fuming that this piece of shit is still alive in prison!  I am so pro-death penalty!  

It is coming up on two years since my precious niece was abducted, raped and nearly killed by another waste of space like DJC and it physically hurts inside to hear stories of victims like Lois and my niece. My niece will struggle the rest of her life and we have and will continue to get her the best therapy that we can find.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Raiderred said:

I am fuming that this piece of shit is still alive in prison!  I am so pro-death penalty!  

It is coming up on two years since my precious niece was abducted, raped and nearly killed by another waste of space like DJC and it physically hurts inside to hear stories of victims like Lois and my niece. My niece will struggle the rest of her life and we have and will continue to get her the best therapy that we can find.

I was surprised this guy was still alive too. 

I’m so, so sorry about your niece Raiderred. I will never understand how people can become such monsters. It’s good your niece has a caring family that is making sure she gets the best help she can. I wish I knew why stuff like this even happened. No child or woman should have to experience such trauma. 

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I was surprised this guy was still alive too. 

I’m so, so sorry about your niece Raiderred. I will never understand how people can become such monsters. It’s good your niece has a caring family that is making sure she gets the best help she can. I wish I knew why stuff like this even happened. No child or woman should have to experience such trauma. 

Nothing frosts me more than knowing that Richard Allen Davis, the man who kidnapped and murdered Polly Klaas, and Ramon Salcido, who slit the throats of his three tiny daughters (one survived) and still taking up space on the planet.  Over 20 years after they committed their crimes.  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, ChitChat said:

We should start a game of "what excuse will Dorit come up with next for getting rid of the dog?"   I'll start:  Being unable to operate a blender, she was totally exasperated and couldn't possibly take care of a puppy.  The nanny's were already busy with the kids, and she simply wasn't up to the task.  Sigh.  Beverly Hills rich people problems. 

Maybe Lucy was terrified of the blender and Dorit couldn’t have a dog that was scared of blenders because she’s learning to make smoothies to help PK not “progress” to Type 1 Diabetes. She’s so scared for PK and so devoted to his health and Lucy would have made it impossible for her to work on her smoothie skills, thereby putting PK in grave danger.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Raiderred said:

I'm sorry that happened to your niece and your family. I lost family in a mass shooting. My relative was very much against the death penalty. As a family, we let the district attorney know that we wanted to continue to honor his beliefs. Every crime, victim, and perpetrator is different.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

A message of love for dosodog

KFB's Recap of RHBH using Murphys

VigilantSilverChrysalis-size_restricted.

Ken throws Kyle out of Villa Rosa. GOODBYE KYLE!

Dorit, Teddi, and Rinna discuss the sich-ee-ay-shun

Where is newbie Denise Richards? She baked out of her gourd. Has no idea what is happening, just discovered her reflection in the ice, giggling and will be eating pizza shortly

I6L93wz.gif

Where is Erika Jayne? She is busy rehearsing for her Tour. New signature move

Pat the Tush, Pat the Tush

gnome+3.gif

THE END

@KungFuBunnyb- you rock and you are the best

135FBF84-31F7-493C-9863-C1E303C1F3D3.gif

• Love 10
On 4/18/2019 at 8:05 AM, Jel said:
On 4/18/2019 at 7:58 AM, Mr. Minor said:

She was 36.

LOL, I'll leave my original post up (with a mini edit) as a testament to my dumbassery!

She still would have been considered to be an elderly primipara. 

15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Um, maybe they invested in Boy George's tour because PK told them how much money was to be made from investing in a "SUPAH STAH and they had to pack quickly to go to the poor house?  Oh, so much snark before 7am.

How are we not talking about how fabulous Lois is?  Did I hear right, she is 92? My father is 92 and seems so much older and frailer than the Lively Lois.  She could be a lifestyle influencer for the senior set!

I was thinking that being so Rinna adjacent might be dulling Lois' shine, but then I started wondering if Lois isn't that great and just seems awesomer because of proximity to the black hole of shittiness that is her daughter and granddaughters.   

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I was thinking that being so Rinna adjacent might be dulling Lois' shine, but then I started wondering if Lois isn't that great and just seems awesomer because of proximity to the black hole of shittiness that is her daughter and granddaughters.   

I'm not sure why people think Lois is so awesome, but I can't go there because she raised Rinna and that says it all to me.  And she participated in the "goodbye Kyle" bullshit, so that makes me give her side-eye.

• Useful 6
  • Love 15

I finally watched this episode tonight.    The only interesting part was the exchange between Camille and LisaR.   Unfortunately, there's  a mod post on the previous page warning us that there's been enough discussion of the "she did/didn't tell" topic.    Since I didn't get to watch until today, that prevents me from commenting.   However, I don't feel that it prevents me from saying that I thought Camille over reacted.   I almost hate to say that because it means I agree with LIsaR (who I really dislike).    

• Love 3
On 4/19/2019 at 8:05 AM, JD5166 said:

What does it say about us for watching?! 😳

Let's just call it observing. Or research, haha!

Is it alive?! If so, what a mean, nasty thing to do! Oooh, I don't like that!

Nothing frosts me more than knowing that Richard Allen Davis, the man who kidnapped and murdered Polly Klaas, and Ramon Salcido, who slit the throats of his three tiny daughters (one survived) and still taking up space on the planet.  Over 20 years after they committed their crimes.  

Not to ignore the point of your post, but not even 10 minutes ago, I was trying to remember Polly Klaas's name. What a random, odd coincidence.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
On 4/19/2019 at 7:06 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I could not believe her age either.  She is awesome!

On 4/19/2019 at 9:27 AM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Respectfully, I disagree with this characterization of Camille's argument - she wasn't saying all sides needed to be heard. She was casting doubt on Dr. Blasey Ford's claims by claiming that all survivors act in the exact same way and that because - in her opinion - Dr. Blasey Ford didn't act* in that manner, she was lying. And then she tried to further impugn Dr. Blasey Ford by saying that people had made things up about Camille during her divorce, and therefore, Dr. Blasey Ford was making things up about Kavanaugh. In both cases, her underlying argument was clear - Dr. Blasey Ford was lying. 

That was some statement she made.  

On 4/19/2019 at 2:59 PM, Raiderred said:

Why give the offender a way out?  It is much harder to live in a cage for the rest of your life than it is to die by prison hands.  That's why they make sure they don't commit suicide in prison.  The cost is enormous to execute a prisoner.  I would rather they rot and be forgotten.  @Raiderred - I am sorry for your family.

On 4/19/2019 at 6:09 PM, HunterHunted said:

I'm sorry that happened to your niece and your family. I lost family in a mass shooting. My relative was very much against the death penalty. As a family, we let the district attorney know that we wanted to continue to honor his beliefs. Every crime, victim, and perpetrator is different.

I have seen that too.  I know someone who lost a child by horror and the family did not want their child connected to an execution.  Something about "Thou Shalt Not Kill".  They did not want anyone to be forced to break a commandment and whatever that would mean.  Not being a believer myself I just think that we can't expect the general public to NOT follow the same laws that the state does not.

• Love 2
On 4/19/2019 at 4:38 PM, MrsWitter said:

Maybe Lucy was terrified of the blender and Dorit couldn’t have a dog that was scared of blenders because she’s learning to make smoothies to help PK not “progress” to Type 1 Diabetes. She’s so scared for PK and so devoted to his health and Lucy would have made it impossible for her to work on her smoothie skills, thereby putting PK in grave danger.

Are we sure that Dorit didn’t put the puppy in the blender?

• LOL 3
On 4/17/2019 at 8:09 PM, halkatla said:

I love Lisa V. But I love Camille more for her stance for Kavanaugh! She was proved right in the end. Everything else was a sad display by the rest of the "ladies", per usual.

Camille wasn't proven right about anything unless I missed a confession from Dr. Ford that she lied.  Many guilty people get away with crimes and some are never brought up on charges or exposed.

On 4/17/2019 at 11:47 PM, DBAAT said:

I love this show, and have been watching the Housewives since OC started, but I watch it because it is entertaining. The fact that Bravo is allowing political discussions on yet another show is upsetting to me. Even if they were discussing these issues, Bravo has the control to edit it out. I pray that someone from Bravo reads these posts and hears that nobody wants to listen to political talk on these shows. It's leaking into every aspect of our lives and enough is enough. I just want some peace when I watch tv and sports. 

It's a reality show, so if they are really going through or discussing something I don't see a reason for it to be edited out. Everybody doesn't watch the show for the same reasons.  I don't think it was a political discussion, but one about believing people who say they are victims of rape.  I welcome whatever they are really doing and saying as opposed to manufactured drama.

On 4/18/2019 at 1:04 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

The irony of Rinna talking about people being falsely accused when that is EXACTLY what she is doing to LVP. Goodbye Rinna!

We don't know that Lisa V didn't have the story planted.

• Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:12 PM, MrsWitter said:

Rinna is horrible. While eating disorders are obviously complicated, I believe her attitude is a factor in her daughter’s illness. 

Also, while I was technically on Rinna’s side during the argument, she really needs to sit down with the championing of women shtick if she isn’t going to stand with all women who face discrimination- even the fat, ugly, hoarding, teeth-missing, cat-owning, vagina-missing women. Shaming women based on their weight, socioeconomic class, and mental health (all embedded in this one quote) is part and parcel of the same misogynistic culture that silences victims of sexual assault.

And I have to add the following to my list of complaints of Rinna's mothering skills...…  Does she hear herself when talks....  F This     F  That.   Real classy. right?  Her own mother seems like a hoot and someone above (sorry I forget whom) mentioned she was probably just like  Lisa when she was her age.  I don't know.   She is a little outspoken, true, but that comes with age and not caring what people think.  She seems to be  a kind at heart person in my view.  And very friendly in a seemingly honest way with her daughter's friends.  Those Hamlets have a lot to UNLEARN before they go out into the real world.   It's sad.

• Love 4

In the texts Camille wrote, “You were missed today.  Then LVP replied something like, “I wasn’t invited. It’s okay tho hope you had fun.”  

If she wasn’t invited then how did she know what Camille was talking about based on that text?  Do they all just post on Instagram and see each other’s business?  And if it was a producer/show driven event that she knew about in advance then why pretend she didn’t get an invite in her text reply?

(Sorry if I missed this...I tried to skim thru most of the posts and didn’t see it discussed)

• Love 3
On 4/19/2019 at 4:27 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

I'm curious about what kind of family emergency necessitates dumping your dog off at the pound.  

Well, they are broke. Maybe they couldn't afford dog food?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 4/16/2019 at 10:39 PM, renatae said:

Okaaay. First, the entire table of harpies gives Camille the death stare when she voices her dissenting opinion.

Then Rinna says, once Camille is in tears, "Oh, honey, you don't ever have to apologize for your opinion."

Thinking that last should have been stated first, instead of resorting to the death stare.

I don't think there were any stares given when Camille initially stated she had a different opinion - I think the women expressed visual shock and dismay when Camille specifically said that she didn't believe Dr. Ford because if it had really happened, she would have told her friends or parents and that that omission was proof of her lying about this. Which, from my point-of-view is a comment worhty of shock and dismay. If Camille wants to make the point that Kavanaugh should be presumed innocent until proven guilty, that is totally reasonable and fine, but she was discounting someone's testimony based on nothing but her own  feelings that had nothing to do with the case. I actually thought Camille was behaving more emotionally and with more reactivity than any of the other women.

On 4/16/2019 at 8:54 PM, Dance4Life said:

Rinna is completely sinking the show. First twisting Puppy Gate and now Kavanaugh.  She would not stop bringing it up until someone bit.  That was Camille.

Someone specifically asked Rinna why Harry wasn't there - and she responded that he had been watching the hearings all day. She then made a comment about its significance - not strange given everyone was talking about it that day. Are we to really believe that Rinna strategically planned these comments somehow psychically knowing someone would disagree? Also keeping in mind it was actually Camille who got emotional and reactive (full on tears), not Rinna, and that it was Rinna who apologized? I think this is giving Rinna way too much credit as some sort of manipulative, strategic mastermind who can control the other women and I honestly saw no evidence of it on camera.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 4/16/2019 at 10:44 PM, njbchlover said:

On the topic of fashion, I am getting tired of seeing Rinna in leopard print - it seems like that is all she has in her closet.  

More apropos would be if she wore the print of this...

Spotted-Hyena_Ben-Coley.gif?fit=1024,557&ssl=1

Rinna won't change it up though, because she's a tired ass twatty hag - and no amount of pills, needles, or goats on her back will change that.

On 4/17/2019 at 12:02 AM, filmfan2480 said:

I thought that was incredibly rude and wholly unnecessary; especially since it has always appeared that those two women [Camille and Erika] get along.  Just, weird.

It was also rich, considering Erika was on her second marriage when she was half of Camille's age. Not to mention, Camille didn't dump her kids in order to marry David.

Watching Ms. Puss Pat get bopped on the head was pretty funny, though. Serves her right for agreeing to do that lame choreography.

On 4/17/2019 at 2:58 AM, lunastartron said:

Just as an FYI: the Julianne Phillips rumor has been incontrovertibly debunked in recent weeks by none other than Julianne herself. She posted in defense of Rinna on IG and I also caught a Snapchat or other social media video clip that had been shared on Twitter; evidently the footage featured Rinna and JP together.

Could you post the links where Phillips denied the supposed assault? (I did a search, but nothing came up.) TIA.

Edited by gritz
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, abc123 said:

In the texts Camille wrote, “You were missed today.  Then LVP replied something like, “I wasn’t invited. It’s okay tho hope you had fun.”  

If she wasn’t invited then how did she know what Camille was talking about based on that text?  Do they all just post on Instagram and see each other’s business?  And if it was a producer/show driven event that she knew about in advance then why pretend she didn’t get an invite in her text reply?

(Sorry if I missed this...I tried to skim thru most of the posts and didn’t see it discussed)

There's a difference between knowing about an event and being invited.  

5 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

Well, they are broke. Maybe they couldn't afford dog food?

There are better ways to handle that than dumping your puppy at the pound.  But I think we all know that and I'm reaching to the choir.  

• Love 12
4 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I don't think there were any stares given when Camille initially stated she had a different opinion - I think the women expressed visual shock and dismay when Camille specifically said that she didn't believe Dr. Ford because if it had really happened, she would have told her friends or parents and that that omission was proof of her lying about this. Which, from my point-of-view is a comment worhty of shock and dismay. If Camille wants to make the point that Kavanaugh should be presumed innocent until proven guilty, that is totally reasonable and fine, but she was discounting someone's testimony based on nothing but her own  feelings that had nothing to do with the case. I actually thought Camille was behaving more emotionally and with more reactivity than any of the other women.

Someone specifically asked Rinna why Harry wasn't there - and she responded that he had been watching the hearings all day. She then made a comment about its significance - not strange given everyone was talking about it that day. Are we to really believe that Rinna strategically planned these comments somehow psychically knowing someone would disagree? Also keeping in mind it was actually Camille who got emotional and reactive (full on tears), not Rinna, and that it was Rinna who apologized? I think this is giving Rinna way too much credit as some sort of manipulative, strategic mastermind who can control the other women and I honestly saw no evidence of it on camera.

I'll give Rinna credit for being manipulative as all hell with her Harry comments.

According to the SM timeline for this season, the dinner actually took place the day after the hearing.

I'm willing to bet that she knew it would be a loaded question. Camille had been tweeting about it well before the hearings and I don't think Rinna is the type to not keep tabs on other people's SM accounts.

• Useful 8
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, gritz said:

More apropos would be if she wore the print of this...

Spotted-Hyena_Ben-Coley.gif?fit=1024,557&ssl=1

Rinna won't change it up though, because she's a tired ass twatty hag - and no amount of pills, needles, or goats on her back will change that.

It was also rich, considering Erika was on her second marriage when she was half of Camille's age. Not to mention, Camille didn't dump her kids in order to marry David.

Watching Ms. Puss Pat get bopped on the head was pretty funny, though. Serves her right for agreeing to do that lame choreography.

Could you post the links where Phillips denied the supposed assault? (I did a search, but nothing came up.) TIA.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/lisa-rinna-from-rhobh-tries-to-squash-cheating-rumors-with-surprise-dinner-guest.html/

https://twitter.com/BRAVOpinions_/status/1111066767160471552

1 hour ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I'll give Rinna credit for being manipulative as all hell with her Harry comments.

According to the SM timeline for this season, the dinner actually took place the day after the hearing.

I'm willing to bet that she knew it would be a loaded question. Camille had been tweeting about it well before the hearings and I don't think Rinna is the type to not keep tabs on other people's SM accounts.

Well, if that is the case, if the other women are responsible for how they react to LVP's machinations (since they can't be controlled), then Camille is responsible for how she responds to Rinna's machinations (since she too cannot be controlled).

• Love 2
On 4/18/2019 at 12:04 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

The irony of Rinna talking about people being falsely accused when that is EXACTLY what she is doing to LVP. Goodbye Rinna!

Rinna could take just about any point of view, however laudable, and sully it with her basic opprobriousness.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I don't think there were any stares given when Camille initially stated she had a different opinion - I think the women expressed visual shock and dismay when Camille specifically said that she didn't believe Dr. Ford because if it had really happened, she would have told her friends or parents and that that omission was proof of her lying about this.

First, she said she had a "different opinion" about it, and there were some side eyes from a few of the women. Next, she said, "she didn't have enough evidence." More side eyes from additional women. But you are correct, the full on stares didn't happen until she gave her opinion, based on her personal experience, that she felt victims always tell someone. IMO the dagger-eye reaction was more suited to a statement that women are always at fault in such attacks, instead of her stating her belief that women always tell, however erroneous. Especially since she was basing it on her own personal experience, even though she drew a false conclusion. YMMV.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I sincerely hope that the true spirit of debate is not dead.  I do mourn that this seems to be the case whenever one gives a different opinion, the response back is of insults of the other person's character instead of an actual rebuttal of the subject at hand.  Camille became very emotional when giving her point of view and the environment at the table became very hostile.  Although her argument veered into highly subjective territory (that I believe did not support her argument) I disagree with the treatment of her at that table.  I do enjoy reading in these forums all points of view and learn and sometimes change my opinion.  I hope this continues.  

• Love 11
On 4/23/2019 at 1:45 PM, mytmo said:

I sincerely hope that the true spirit of debate is not dead.  I do mourn that this seems to be the case whenever one gives a different opinion, the response back is of insults of the other person's character instead of an actual rebuttal of the subject at hand.  Camille became very emotional when giving her point of view and the environment at the table became very hostile.  Although her argument veered into highly subjective territory (that I believe did not support her argument) I disagree with the treatment of her at that table.  I do enjoy reading in these forums all points of view and learn and sometimes change my opinion.  I hope this continues.  

Unfortunately the spirit of debate is well and truly dead. There are certain opinions you can not voice without being shouted down and attacked to the point that people will  try to get you fired from your jobs. Opinions that were mainstream just a few short years ago. So I am surprised that Camille dared to express a different opinion to the Hollywood conventional wisdom. She took a big risk. She needed to keep  her opinion to herself if she expects to get along with this group of Hollywood phonies.

• Love 5

I use to have a corded wall phone in the kitchen before we moved.  It was blue.  In our new home, I keep a corded phone in the cabinet in case the power goes out.  All our home phones are cordless.  Even though we have fios now, the corded phone will work most times when the cordless phones don't in a power outage.  Yeah, I know.  I can use my cell but I'm still old school.  I like having a house phone.  It's so much easier to hold a 'regular' phone in the crook of my neck with hands free.

• Love 6
On 4/25/2019 at 4:33 PM, langford peel said:

Unfortunately the spirit of debate is well and truly dead. There are certain opinions you can not voice without being shouted down and attacked to the point that people will  try to get you fired from your jobs. Opinions that were mainstream just a few short years ago. So I am surprised that Camille dared to express a different opinion to the Hollywood conventional wisdom. She took a big risk. She needed to keep  her opinion to herself if she expects to get along with this group of Hollywood phonies.

A person can't say something that's idiotic, based purely on nothing but emotion, have no rational or reasonable argument then hide behind "it's my opinion".  Camille not believing Dr. Ford and believing kavanaugh is fine, but to say she stood with kavanaugh because she knows what it's like to be falsely accused is crazy.  For Camille to say that every assault victim will tell someone is is a generalization she cannot make and it wasn't even true.  She essentially called Dr. Ford a liar and provided no logical reason.  Dr. Ford had nothing to gain -- she's had to move several times, could not go back to teaching where she was and is still getting death threats.  Camille could not provide a motive for the woman to lie except for not wanting a rapist to be on the supreme court.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Talented Tenth said:

A person can't say something that's idiotic, based purely on nothing but emotion, have no rational or reasonable argument then hide behind "it's my opinion.”

You have precisely described what freedom of speech is all about. You should be able to espouse your opinion  without being the subject of personal and sometimes physical attacks. You don’t get to determine that it is idiotic. That’s not your call.

By having an opinion different than conventional Hollywood wisdom Camille endangered herself and her family both personally and professionally. Luckily Camille is rich enough to not have to worry about it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7