Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E22: No Apology Necessary

Just as the Huangs are settling into life without Eddie, an international incident catapults him not only to Taiwanese fame but also right back to America. In order to fix Eddie’s mess, the family gets a new “daughter”; but when things go awry, Jessica must add a new word to her vocabulary. Meanwhile, master babysitter Evan watches Maria for Honey and Marvin, and ends up learning more about himself than he expected.

Finally got logged in. Wanted to say I enjoyed the airport signs “Welcome home son” said one. The Huang’s said “Get in the car, Eddie.” Also enjoyed Evan dressing as Mary Poppins when he went to babysit and him spanking the bear to threaten the baby.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Concerned said:

Finally got logged in. Wanted to say I enjoyed the airport signs “Welcome home son” said one. The Huang’s said “Get in the car, Eddie.” Also enjoyed Evan dressing as Mary Poppins when he went to babysit and him spanking the bear to threaten the baby.

Wasn't it "Get in the damn car"?  If so, even better!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Robert Lynch said:

I have no idea why the foreign exchange plot was there. It was not needed. Just another wasted opportunity, I guess.

Has this show been picked up yet?

Yeah, I get they were trying to explain how the exchange program worked and why they found it important, but she did feel very out of place. 

The foreign exchange girl plot was odd but I was amused how Louis was already planning father/daughter activities when she showed up. He's such a nice guy.

Also how everyone liked her cakes even though they didn't like her.

Edited by Snow Apple
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Snow Apple said:

The foreign exchange girl plot was odd but I was amused how Louis was already planning father/daughter activities when she showed up. He's such a nice guy.

And his only gripe with her was that she was using his hair dryer!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

ABC hasn’t picked up any of their sitcoms other than MF.  

They are being very late this year. Several of their shows are nearing the end of their seasons the next couple of weeks and others have already ended. 

When Grandma moved into the garage, didn't Emery and Evan take her room, and Jessica made the boys' room into her office? Well, Jessica isn't writing books anymore, they seem to have forgotten about her being a realtor, and the computer is in the living room. Either Emery and Evan should have their own rooms (and they could have moved in together) or the Huangs should have a guest room for the exchange student.

• Love 1
On 4/14/2019 at 11:02 AM, readster said:

They are being very late this year. Several of their shows are nearing the end of their seasons the next couple of weeks and others have already ended. 

The pick up last year wasn’t announced until right before upfronts so mid-May do not late.

On 4/16/2019 at 7:20 PM, LisaM said:

I really like this show. It never fails to crack me up. It needs more of Eddie's friends. I hope it gets renewed. 

Yeah, it needs more of Eddie and his friends and less of Jessica.

This show has gotten into a rut. Jessica learns basically the same lesson every week but by the next week it's forgotten. Rinse. Repeat.

• Love 5

This was a weird episode for me. The first half was really funny (reminiscent of season 1 funny) and then it all ground to a halt when the girl showed up. But I did laugh out loud at "ACT NATURAL!" leading to Eddie and Emery hugging, Louis lying across the foot of the bed, and all three of them grinning like maniacs.

• Love 4

The only part of the exchange daughter stuff I liked was that she was making delicious cakes all the time and then talked to the foreign newsman causing an outrage. I could see Jessica unintentionally starting something like that. The way the episode ended came across to me like they really weren't sure in regards to a renewal. With the quality slipping the last couple seasons especially I'm not sure how sad I would be if the show ended.

52 minutes ago, Jaded said:

The way the episode ended came across to me like they really weren't sure in regards to a renewal. With the quality slipping the last couple seasons especially I'm not sure how sad I would be if the show ended.

Jeff Yang (dad of Hudson Yang, who plays Eddie) said on Twitter that this episode was serving as a possible series finale because they didn’t know if they were going to get picked up for another season.

3 minutes ago, Babalu said:

Jeff Yang (dad of Hudson Yang, who plays Eddie) said on Twitter that this episode was serving as a possible series finale because they didn’t know if they were going to get picked up for another season.

That’s similar to what they did last year. Luckily this ending didn’t involve the painful Jessica writes a novel plot line. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I finally caught up... only took me a month and a half, LOL.  I actually found this episode pretty funny, though the plotline was uneven and impossible to take seriously.  Jessica not wanting Eddie to apologize made no sense in this scenario where he was obvious in the wrong and being plain stupid.  The exchange student part was random but it did make me laugh on several occasions.  Evan dressed as Mary Poppins was hilarious... that could have lasted a bit longer.  Mary Poppins believed in tough love too.  I liked the ending with them singing "Every Morning" in the car.  

Edited by Camera One