Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

The Falcon and The Winter Soldier

Coming in the first year of Disney+ (which starts November 2019).

Anthony Mackie will return as Falcon and Sebastian Stan will reprise his role as Winter Soldier in the new Marvel Studios series. Timing: Year One

Oh man, there's a forum for this now. I'm sure I'll have a shitload of things to say here in the future so be warned!

I may feel stupid for asking this, but can someone please explain the "Timing: Year One" in the description to me? I noticed the Loki one says "Timing: Year Two", but I don't know what that means. Thanks in advance! 

I'm not sure but to guess I think it means the F & WS show is going to come out before the Loki one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jenniferbug said:

I may feel stupid for asking this, but can someone please explain the "Timing: Year One" in the description to me? I noticed the Loki one says "Timing: Year Two", but I don't know what that means. Thanks in advance! 

Yeah I originally thought it was "Year One" (after endgame) but, seeing the Year Two for Loki makes me think production/streaming season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

but, seeing the Year Two for Loki makes me think production/streaming season.

Yes, it does have to do with their production season - this show is targeted to come out in the first year, with Loki and WandaVision scheduled to come out in the second year.

• Useful 1

15 minutes ago, saoirse said:

Yes, it does have to do with their production season - this show is targeted to come out in the first year, with Loki and WandaVision scheduled to come out in the second year.

I wonder what they are considering a year/season? I know the Star Wars series The Mandalorian will launch Disney+ in November. But they offered no dates for any other show (that I can recall). So does Year One mean Fall/Winter 2019 or Spring 2020 like TV Seasons?

Or does Year One mean November 2019 - October 2020?

I know they've already announced a Diego Luna Star Wars Spy series for 2021 so they have long term plans.

• Like 1

I'm honestly going to sub to Disney+ just for these Marvel shows. I don't pay for my Netflix account (I use my mom's) so I can fork out the monthly fee to keep myself happy.

Oh those wily fuckers will be getting my money for sure. If it was just Loki and the VisionWitch show I probably could have resisted but Sam and Bucky are two of my favorite characters. They haven't really gotten their due in the movies to my satisfaction so I'm really looking forward to this one. Glad it will be in Year One.

• Like 2

If Marvel follow the example of the Winter Soldier and Black Widow comic book (without Black Widow, sadly) then I could be really into this show - A 70s style, espionage thriller, with them trying to get to the bottom of conspiracies around the Soviet programme that created the Winter Soldier.

But as Bucky is my favourite Marvel character, whatever format they go for should be something I'll want to watch. I like Anthony Mackie, and I liked the friendship that grew between Bucky and Falcon in the comics.

And now that Marvel/Disney own the X-Men, I will be holding out for an X-Factor Investigations show too.