Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Such Sweet Sorrow, Part I

• Start Topic

Finally catching up with this since the new season starts tomorrow.  I hardly remember the plot that got us here, but I sure remembered the favorite Disco trope of "YOU HAVE 0.5 SECONDS TO GET OUT OF THERE!" "That should give me just enough time to make a 30-minute impassioned speech!"  It was hilarious to me that Replacement Airiam was like "Well I've known you all for 5 minutes but I am going to throw away my entire life for no reason to hang out with y'all in the future!"  It's a bit unfair to be amused by the endless Dramatic Goodbyes when I am so disconnected from the season that brought us here....but I never said I played fair.  Also incredibly Disco: literally everyone on the goddamn ship has to officially Be Impressed and Upset that Michael is making The Ultimate Sacrifice by boldly going where no one except her mom has gone before and hanging out with said mom who she thought was dead forever, instead of letting all sentient life in the galaxy be assimilated.  What unprecedented selflessness!  Nobody in Starfleet has ever taken such a step!

It's too bad the sure-to-be-awful Section 31 show had to take away my precious Ash and best character Georgiou.  (Calling out Michael's martyr complex!  Making a perfectly Mirror Universe suggestion of how to save the day!)  I would prefer if they both would come along to next season.  I really feel as though CBS is spreading Star Trek too thin, what with the new Janeway cartoon along with Disco, Lower Decks, Section 31, etc.

Now to watch the finale, which so enraged my sister that I never got around to these last two episodes...

Edited by KimberStormer
  • Love 3