Type keyword(s) to search

Hosts That Could've Been

TheView
  • Start Topic

On 5/27/2019 at 12:05 AM, TheGreenKnight said:

Multiple people were tested. Lauren Sanchez and October Gonzalez were two others. O'Donnell even talked about how she was surprised when the showrunners picked Perez because she wasn't even one of the people tested. I remember neither Whoopi nor Rosie O'Donnell liked Cupp and she didn't test well with the audience to boot. Nicolle is one of the few that were tested behind-the-scenes who had also been on an aired show prior to Rosie's return, too, and she made a good impression in that appearance. No real surprise Nicolle was chosen.

Even if Rosie O did keep her off the show all by herself, I say good. Cupp's another friend of McCain's. While she doesn't seem as awful as her, I can't help thinking that anyone connected to McCain must be putrid in some way.

Meghan said SE Cupp introduced her to her husband. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

We don't need fireworks, we need intelligent informed well read sane conservative women who will agree to disagree with the ladies who do not share their point of views. I wish the show would go back to their original roots with different women of different ages and stages of life discussing things that are important to them over coffee.  I know that will never happen but I liked it better when it was not so political and tense. Starr was a Democrat but she also had conservative views on certain issues she had a nuanced view of the world.  Also, you can be a Republican and not be a conservative. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17

Not sure why we need a conservative that makes sparks. 

Seems to me that W, S, J and A or A don't  make sparks. 

It is people like Meghan, Elizabeth, Jedidiah and Candace that felt a need to.

Nothing wrong with just putting your view out there, without sparks or fireworks.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

We don't need fireworks, we need intelligent informed well read sane conservative women who will agree to disagree with the ladies who do not share their point of views. I wish the show would go back to their original roots with different women of different ages and stages of life discussing things that are important to them over coffee.  I know that will never happen but I liked it better when it was not so political and tense. Starr was a Democrat but she also had conservative views on certain issues she had a nuanced view of the world.  Also, you can be a Republican and not be a conservative. 

This is my view as well. The View, as first envisioned be Barbara Walters, did not have a "conservative seat" at the table, a role to be filled. It was about interesting women discussing various topics.  Political topics can be discussed without having the idea that there are only two ways to look at an issue, conservative and liberal, and EVERYONE  must line up on one side or another. Ana and Sunny are good examples of women who are not entrenched in the views of their "side".

• Love 10
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

This is my view as well. The View, as first envisioned be Barbara Walters, did not have a "conservative seat" at the table, a role to be filled. It was about interesting women discussing various topics.  Political topics can be discussed without having the idea that there are only two ways to look at an issue, conservative and liberal, and EVERYONE  must line up on one side or another. Ana and Sunny are good examples of women who are not entrenched in the views of their "side".

Geddie was the one who came up with the conservative seat. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TheView said:

He only did that to push his agenda. Before that the View wasn't all about politics the way it is now.  The only co host I remember identifying themselves with a party was Star. She said she was a Democrat.  We quickly figured out Joy was a liberal but she didn't call herself that.  Meredith and Barbara would weigh in with her views but neither one of them told us what party they belonged to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 4/11/2019 at 9:25 PM, SPinCA said:

Jeff Bezo’s mistress/girlfriend Lauren Sanchez was close to being hired twice. I very vaguely remember her “audition” but I can’t remember any details so I guess she wasn’t a good fit. 

I think Gayle King might have been a good fit. The producers were wary of her Oprah connection and they thought she might have started to control the show “Oprah does it this way”, “Oprah would never do that”. I think Meredith was the perfect cool and collected moderator and Gayle could have filled those shoes. 

I started watching heavily around 07-08 and they had Kathy Griffin on a lot then. The book says she was a contender for a seat. She was too much for the show. Fine in a short segment but not for the entire show. She doesn’t have Joy’s ability to pepper her comments with a few jokes. I think 08 Kathy would have been rapid fire joke,joke,joke, joke and completely out of sync with the tone of the show. 

After watching Gayle handle R. Kelly’s nonsense, I’d love to see her take on Meghan. Even today Whoopi called her “baby” again. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

After watching Gayle handle R. Kelly’s nonsense, I’d love to see her take on Meghan. Even today Whoopi called her “baby” again. 

I'm glad Rachel Campos-Duffy never got hired 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TheView said:

That is when Barbara lost control of her show. I always hated Bill Geddie setting the tone of the show by pushing his right wing agenda. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

That is when Barbara lost control of her show. I always hated Bill Geddie setting the tone of the show by pushing his right wing agenda. 

Erin Hershey Presley was his original favorite during the contest to replace Lisa. 

On 4/11/2019 at 6:40 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Baba Wawa was constantly banning her for her antics off the show.  Kathy spilled the tea at her stand up comedy shows on Sweaty Bill Geddie schooling Elizabeth on what to say. He also had a lot of power over Baba Wawa.

She also repeated a very funny bit ( I saw it in concert) regarding a  warning about menopause where BW recommend  a lubricant by name.  Good times. 

So miss I’m a force to be reckoned with said we better cancel Buttigieg I’m not going to like that? Or did she say he better not cancel ? I’m not to like that? Either way she’s an asshole  

Who the Hell doesn’t like him? What’s to dislike? She doesn’t have the self awareness to stay in the shallow end of the pool with him  

Of course she steam rolls when it’s Joys turn to ask a question so s he can  say one more thing.  I really dislike her almost as much as her leader. 

• Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, TheView said:

I think its time for her to go 

Whoopie is not going to give up that easy money and fabulous insurance. She does not have to do much work to prep for the show. It is not like she is on a movie set where she has to memorize lines and wait for hours before she films her scenes.  She gets in at 9am, she bitched when Rosie suggested that they should come in at 8am to prepare for the day.  She leaves at noon, eats free food and she works four days a week. She also gets a weeks off throughout the year in addition to holidays. That is a sweet deal that most Americans will never get to experience..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:16 AM, Apprentice79 said:

She does not have to do much work to prep for the show.

It is obvious she doesn't even take time to read the teleprompter before the show.  I have done a lot of public speaking, including with a teleprompter, and I rehearsed before hand.  And I was not on live TV!

• Love 3
(edited)

Whoopi's glasses magnify her eyes and therefore appear to be closeup-reading glasses or gradient bifocals, but she often tilts her head back and tries to read the teleprompter through the bottom, closeup-reading part, rather than the top, seeing-far part of the glasses (or over the top if thy are merely readers).

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, TheView said:

Do you think they’ll ever invite Rachel Campos Duffy on for a day?

Why? I doubt the show cares about her. They have Megan and the show also has Abby. Tara is also a conservative that they have in their back pocket..

• Love 1
On 7/2/2019 at 3:20 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Why? I doubt the show cares about her. They have Megan and the show also has Abby. Tara is also a conservative that they have in their back pocket..

They have Meghan (for now).