Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E20: Free Fall

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Rambler said:

The delivery system seemed a little iffy to me. Even if the fan is blowing the mist directly away from you, I gotta believe some of that nasty stuff is going to blow back on you due to air conditioning, doors opening and closing or even the breeze from people walking past you. Also I can't believe that many people would tolerate complete strangers blowing mist on them. Maybe in an outdoor concert, but not inside an airport.

Not if you don't know it is a terrorist attack. Being hit by a drop of water in the airport won't have everybody going to DEFCON 1, and even if they did it was too late. Even if massive Bradford type medical attention came near the infection the terrorist achieved part of his objective.

1 hour ago, Raja said:

Not if you don't know it is a terrorist attack. Being hit by a drop of water in the airport won't have everybody going to DEFCON 1, and even if they did it was too late. Even if massive Bradford type medical attention came near the infection the terrorist achieved part of his objective.

Using short incubation VHF is a terrible way to kill people. It's mostly good for panic. There was an Ebola "outbreak" in the US a few years ago. The symptoms are easy to identify and the CDC has a lot of power to stop the spread of it. I can think of better ways to create mass casualties, and I won't write about them here.

I enjoyed seeing Felicia Day as the doctor, another of NF's accomplished friends.

And Sara Rue is still doing a voice character-- hope she gets more to do next season.

Given the effects of the biological threat, I was disappointed that none of the "nationalists" (ummm.... I wonder what word they left out there.... and why?)  were wearing nice suits and blue gloves.

Edited by femmefan1946
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Rambler said:

The delivery system seemed a little iffy to me. Even if the fan is blowing the mist directly away from you, I gotta believe some of that nasty stuff is going to blow back on you due to air conditioning, doors opening and closing or even the breeze from people walking past you.

I think to could be extremely effective if it was placed somewhere high. Since it seemed to be electrically powered you could turn the fan on and just walk away.

• Love 1
On 4/19/2019 at 11:06 PM, femmefan1946 said:

I enjoyed seeing Felicia Day as the doctor, another of NF's accomplished friends.

And Sara Rue is still doing a voice character-- hope she gets more to do next season.

Looked like a dollar store plant mister to me.

• LOL 1

I'm very much hoping that this gets renewed and that Eric Winter will be back. I'm not as nitpicky and judgy as some when it comes to my light tv entertainment. I like that Nolan is a stand-up guy, confident but sometimes insecure. I like all of the strong women, especially Bishop. I'm amused by Bradford's no-nonsense gruffness, and I really like looking at him, oh yeah lol. I like Nolan's friend who owns the house, and I like that Sargeant Grey has thawed a bit towards his oldest rookie.

I find the show entertaining, and an interesting vehicle for Nathan Fillion. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 12

I came for Nathan Fillion, but I'm staying for the ensemble cast of whom Fillion is arguably not even close to the most important - in fact, his character here is definitely not my idea of a great Fillion character (writing more than acting)  Bishop is my fave.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, crowceilidh said:

I came for Nathan Fillion, but I'm staying for the ensemble cast of whom Fillion is arguably not even close to the most important - in fact, his character here is definitely not my idea of a great Fillion character (writing more than acting)  Bishop is my fave.

I tried it for the concept and stayed for the cast and characters.  I don't know if I should admit it here, but I hardly knew who Fillion was before this, it's the first thing I've seen him in.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

I tried it for the concept and stayed for the cast and characters.  I don't know if I should admit it here, but I hardly knew who Fillion was before this, it's the first thing I've seen him in.

I have a similar reaction. I knew Nathan Fillion from Firefly but didn't watch that "for him" either 

• Love 2

I'm a semi-serious browncoat, so pretty much anywhere Nathan goes, I check it out.  Wasn't nuts about Castle, which suffered from the same problem this series occasionally veers into, i.e. too much Fillion being cutesy or earnest, but reardless I watched it faithfully for 3 or 4 seasons.  Since its cancellation and all of the goss about Katic and Fillion, I've worried over following Fillion various places because, unfortunately, I find the rumours believable, despite not wanting to find them believable. It's too bad because FIllion has been my captain for a long time and I'd like him to be the guy I thought he was.  I hope he is. I'm glad that this show seems to be serious about developing its ensemble nature because imho FIllion is way better at leading an ensemble than at being a star.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, crowceilidh said:

I'm a semi-serious browncoat, so pretty much anywhere Nathan goes, I check it out.  Wasn't nuts about Castle, which suffered from the same problem this series occasionally veers into, i.e. too much Fillion being cutesy or earnest, but reardless I watched it faithfully for 3 or 4 seasons.  Since its cancellation and all of the goss about Katic and Fillion, I've worried over following Fillion various places because, unfortunately, I find the rumours believable, despite not wanting to find them believable. It's too bad because FIllion has been my captain for a long time and I'd like him to be the guy I thought he was.  I hope he is. I'm glad that this show seems to be serious about developing its ensemble nature because imho FIllion is way better at leading an ensemble than at being a star.

I don't see any reason why you'd find tabloid rumors believable.  Do you also believe in dolphins growing human arms or people riding around in alien space ships? because those stories are in the tabloids too.   Remember that every story has two sides plus the truth.   Fillion is appreciated by everyone he works with and has a relationship with all except Stana.  But I find it sweet that you still consider him "your captain" even though you don't consider him star material.

I don't know if I'll be back for The Rookie next season, mostly because I find Hawley one of the least talented show runners on the planet.  I don't know where he's going with most any of his story lines.  I didn't even finish watching the finale because I'm so tired of the bio weapon trope and knew Hawley wasn't going to do anything all that creative with it.  It's yet another of those shows (like Castle) that is best when it doesn't take itself too seriously, and Hawley likes being uber serious.  The best thing the show could possibly do is change showrunners.  Please, ABC and eOne, please? 

• Love 3

Just a gentle reminder that people will have different opinions on actors and whatnot and no justification or explanation is required. Not saying one can't elaborate on their feelings, just that it isn't necessary Thanks.

I'd heard that this would be the season finale, but usually the network itself hypes that a bit more.  I didn't see any promos actually saying that it was, but I generally skip commercials so maybe I missed it.

As a season finale, I was fine with it because I hate cliffhangers and I'm not even a fan of doing something "extra big" for the season finale.  This show has already had some pretty ridiculous plots.  I suppose domestic terrorism is about as big as they can go and still have it meaningful at the local level.  The worst possible outcome IMO would be them all being possibly exposed, so that the next season can start with whoever the showrunners decided to keep as they retooled the show, and everyone else sadly dies.

The best episode would have been them actually taking the rookie exam, passing, and next season starts with them entering the next phase of their careers.  That seemed to be the direction they were going until the terrorism angle came in, but it gave Jessica something meaningful to do and when you're paying for Sarah Shahi you might as well get your money's worth.  It also provided some unnecessary tension between her and Nolan that was resolved quickly, but whatever.

Other than Bradford collapsing at the end, it was just another episode, and I'm okay with that, too.  I don't think they would've had Bradford drop like that in the middle of a season, so I guess that was the cliffhanger to appease people who actually want that?  As has been pointed out, there are multiple explanations, but it seemed to come out of nowhere and was an odd note to end the episode on.

On 4/24/2019 at 1:24 PM, Moose135 said:

Well, here's your chance, while The Rookie is off the air.

• Love 5